[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that should be talked about more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Dawn_of_War_box_art.jpg (175 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
Dawn_of_War_box_art.jpg
175 KB, 300x426
I'll start. I dig the story, the units are varied enough, and skirmishes can be challenging.
>>
>>333128809
I like the squad me hanics and morale
>>
Are there any mods that put Newcrons in this?
>>
>>333128809
Unpopular opinion time

DoW 1 is far more casual than DoW 2 in that you have less to worry about and that makes DoW1 a far better game because you can appreciate the fun in the combat, rather than worrying about microing everything all the time and missing all the fights.
>>
File: jay-wilson-blizzard.jpg (68 KB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
jay-wilson-blizzard.jpg
68 KB, 1200x670
What the FUCK went wrong?
>>
>>333130036
At the end of the day it was the suits fault, they wanted D3 to be financially successful at any cost.

That cost came at always online, real money auction house, and console casualization.
>>
>>333128809
>have to buy expansion packs to play with other faction's campaigns

DoW and Relic are the cancer that killed RTS games.
>>
>>333130451
>developers shouldn't release additional factions
Kill yourself.
>>
>>333130503
On top of that the factions actually played different
>>
>>333128809

Great game. Begged to be on a better engine though, one that could actually handle the amount of units and individual animations the game so desperately wanted.

Still one of my top-5 RTS games of all time just for the visual feast it is to go up against half-a-dozen AI that result in one massive clustrefuck.
>>
>>333130503
>pre-relic DoW
>multiple factions have campaign in base game

>post-relic DoW
>one faction campaign in base game

yes, relic killed RTS gaming
>>
>>333131239
>people eat more ice cream in summer and get cancer
>OBVIOUSLY ICE CREAM CAUSES CANCER
This is you.
>>
>>333131408
>shit analogies on /v/

Good that you are still you.
>>
>>333131239
>moving the goalposts
You said developers should never release new content for games. You're an idiot. The end.
>>
>>333131496
Its a fine analogy in showing that you are making up a connection that does not exist because you hold some baseless grudge against something/someone.
>>
File: space marine.jpg (131 KB, 1255x1080) Image search: [Google]
space marine.jpg
131 KB, 1255x1080
>>333128809
i only have the vanilla game. what expansions should i get? should i just get the ones that has factions that i like or no?
>>
>>333131408
>food analogies
retard
>>
>>333133128
>I saw a black cat today and stubbed my toe
>OBVIOUSLY I WAS JINXED BY SEEING THAT CAT
Better idiot?
>>
>>333133128
It's like pottery.
>>
>>333132832

Winter Assault and Soulstorm are really the only ones you 'NEED'.

WA for the campaign and Soulstorm for the multiplayer. I personally prefer dark crusade over soulstorm but the majority of online players are on soulstorm.

If you want to play necrons and tau get dark crusade.
>>
File: trollorstupid.jpg (17 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
trollorstupid.jpg
17 KB, 259x194
>>333131239
>pre relic DoW
>>
Is this list still up-to-date?
>SM - standard army
>CSM - standard army with gimmicks
>Eldar - OP
>Orks - mass melee
>Guardsmen - mass ranged + commander micromanagement
>Necrons - die early
>Tau - ranged infantry + melee and glasscannon vehicles
>SoB - weaker standard army, OP walkers
>DE - rush
>>
>>333134169
for me I always thought

SM- OP
CSM- not as OP but cheesy with Demon spam
Eldar- Cheesy but not as OP as SM
Orks- Early aggro. lategame =Mass units+ NOBS NOBS NOBS
Guardsmen-patrician taste. clear strength and weaknesses
Necron-AHHH GET THESE FLAYERS OFF ME!
Tau-either OP Battlesuit spam or "THEY ARE STRONG. IT WILL BE GOOD TO HAVE THAT STRENGTH"
SoB- farm faith until you can spam Holy weapon enchant and steamroll enemy
DE-die trying to make hit/run tactics work OR be a total faggot and get 1000 dark reapers and destroy everything from off screen
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.