[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to hear what Unreal enthusiasts think about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I'd like to hear what Unreal enthusiasts think about the new UT.

I was into '99 for a bit when it came out but I was always a lot more into Quake's strafe-jump oriented pace. By the looks of it, the new UT seems to be (shockingly) an entirely legit goddamn UT game, but I can't really know unless I hear what skilled players think.

Thoughts?
>>
> I was always a lot more into Quake's strafe-jump oriented pace
This game is for true UT99 fans, you'd be better in one of those quake clones like reflex or a pseudo-UT like 2k4.
>>
>I wonder how UT2K14 is
>made by a developer that went full-blown console developer last generation

It's shit, Jim.
>>
>>333127308

I think that if you load up the game and play it yourself you will run into skilled players from the get go. That was my experience anyways. Constantly getting my dick kicked in and I don't really consider myself bad at fps games.
>>
it doesn't really do anything better than UT2004, beside graphics
>>
>>333127308
It's great, I want vehicles eventually though.
Warfare and Vehicle CTF are fun as fuck

I miss hoverboards
>>
legit i dont give a fuck about a new ut

after 3 i realized that ut99 was legit perfection (maybe some tweaks needed for pro play but for casuals legit perfection)

i gave the new ut a go the first day the first pre pre pre alpha came out and haven't touched it since

there is no reason to

ut99 has incredible music, the graphics are exactly what you want in a game like this not that fucked shit that was ut3. the maps...well most people are still playing the ut99 ones anyway
>>
Guns feel awful
No good music
New maps are terrible

It's shit.
>>
>>333129606
It does everything better than UT2004, just because it's trying to emulate 99.
>>
>>333127904

It looks eerily like '99, more so than 2k3/4 which I found extremely strange coming form a big company like Epic Games in this day and age.

I wasn't debating getting into it, I'll always prefer Quake. I'd just feel really good knowing a big company actually gives a shit about '99 fans.
>>
>>333129848

in the early days when the forum just came online there was heated debate between 99 die hards and everyone else

ultimately the devs wanted to stick to 99 a lil more than 2004 i think
>>
>>333127308
Only messed around against bots, but it feels like the old UTs, or at least how I remember them.
>>
>>333129069
>not liking bulletstorm
>not liking gears of war
>not liking shadow complex
>>
i love it, but no one is ever on to play with. so i just stopped playing
>>
>>333127308
new UT is legit runs and looks really great (the maps that are meshed that is)
it's a pretty nice mix of 99 and 2k4
i'm not a fan of ut in general though because no momentum
if you are after a legit modern quake check out reflex
>>333130756
at least it has bots to mess around with
just check the server list in the evenings in your region and you should find some people playing
>>
File: DM Codex, DDOM Sepukku Gorge.png (2 MB, 2047x766) Image search: [Google]
DM Codex, DDOM Sepukku Gorge.png
2 MB, 2047x766
I'll let you know when it's finished

Hey /v/, since September 28th 2010, I've been hosting servers for UT99 and UT2004, and now I host Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy with JK2 maps as well.
My User Name: InspecktahDeck - Steam Group Name: Speck's Unreal /V/idya. You don’t need the steam version to play, but having steam lets you receive announcements when we play. Discussion boards are now on the group page for users to discuss the games, servers, or suggest tweaks/changes, with some other fun stuff. If you have any problems joining, please post them in the thread, or steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal
>>
>>333131759
>if you are after a legit modern quake check out reflex

Well, I don't really need to. If I want to get back into Quake, I always have Quake Live (I actually liked the balance changes it originally introduces like the weaker rail and rocket launcher) unless they ruined that in the meanwhile.
>>
>>333132929
not to sound like i'm shitting on quake but reflex is a straight up improvement in all aspects and it's still unfinished
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.