[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, has anyone on /v/ purchased the PS4/XBO version?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1459487120873.jpg (680 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459487120873.jpg
680 KB, 1920x1080
So, has anyone on /v/ purchased the PS4/XBO version?
>>
>>333126336

i have it on ps4. pretty good but i'm at the very end of leon's campaign and the final boss is a fucking cunt, seriously.
>>
>>333126851
Because he keeps coming back or because you don't know how to beat him?
>>
>>333126851
>the final boss is a fucking cunt, seriously.
Why? He's easy as pie. You shoot him a few times to wound him, but before that, you stab a zombie with the highly conspicious lightning rod. When he's wounded, he starts grabbing corpses to heal. He'll integrate the lightning rod, lightning from the very conspicious lightning storm will hit it, and he'll be badly damaged.
>>
>>333126336
Sadly Leon campaign is the best re6 has to offer. Maybe Ada is on par, but other campaigns are meh
>>
>>333127448
>>333127548
The final boss literally removes player control momentarily to show you the lightning rod. It's screaming USE THE FUCKING LIGHTNING ROD almost as loudly as plastering USE THE FUCKING LIGHTNING ROD in big rainbow letters across the screen.

When did gamers get so soft that they can't handle a boss where you use an item to defeat them?
>>
>>333127732
Chris' campaign is the best because it has the best gameplay and best storytelling. Leon's has better atmosphere and better pacing, but it suffers from trying to pay homage to RE4 too often. It's caught in a slightly awkward spot between awesome action and atmospheric walking around.
>>
http://www.thejimquisition.com/resident-evil-6-review/

"How to completely miss the point of the game you're playing and stubbornly refuse to learn how it actually works: The Review".
>>
>>333127883
Campaign for Chris had good moments, and final boss wasn't total garbage... But some other sections I could not care for at all (like helicopter fight) and overall large portion of the story in his campaign was futile, just chasing shit around
>>
>>333128317
I feel the Chris helicopter fight was a lot better than the Jake helicopter fight. I feel RE6 only has a few bits of truly bad design, and that helicopter fight is one of them. Jake/Sherry are stuck unable to aim up at it properly.
>>
>>333127548

I seem to vaguely remember using Leon to jam that shit right in his head.

Anyway I picked it up myself but I brought Origins with it and now feel compelled to beat 0 and 1 before I move onto 6.
>>
>>333128597
>Anyway I picked it up myself but I brought Origins with it and now feel compelled to beat 0 and 1 before I move onto 6.
Good for you. Make sure you finish REMAKE, because an alarming number of people yabber on and on about how much they love muh survival horror, yet give up before the credits. RE0 is... less great. Some might say the game is awful merely because of the tiny inventory combined with retarded fetch quests. Oh, shit and the grapple hook that takes up two slots in Rebecca's inventory. But if you're willing to look past that, RE0 HD is a FANTASTIC remaster job.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (60 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
60 KB, 400x200
I can't stress enough how much I love the four player sections. Really adds a sense of overlaping in the stories.

Quick question: What character do you absolutely have to have that you're willing to skip over preferred matches in order to play as?
>>
>>333128913

Full disclosure. I have been turned off from playing Resident Evil games due to a frustrating experience with 2 when I was but a boy. I couldn't fux with those controls at all and died where I stood.

So I just watched my Stepfather beat it and left it at that. I just followed the story. I didn't even wanna fuck around with it when RE4 came out, though I tried with friends copies. Resident Evil 5 though? Yeah, that was the shit right there. Maybe because it was co-op I guess. Maybe I only have fun when I am playing Resident Evil with someone else. I don't think the Survival Horror genre is for me. Hell, I'm playing 0 on easy right now, but I couldn't resist seeing how it played with my own hands after just reading about it all these years.

But enough about me, what do you mean that people just outright give up playing REMAKE?
>>
The survival horror and action fanbases are never going to see eye to eye, are they? The common excuse is that RE6 is a "bad" action game because some reason or other, but the real root of the resentment is that survival horror Resident Evil is gone and this action hybrid has taken its place. If RE7 follows in RE6's footsteps, no matter how good it is naysayers will still scream from the rooftops about how terrible it is.
>>
>>333129747
>But enough about me, what do you mean that people just outright give up playing REMAKE?
It's very common for people to get stuck on a boss or an annoying puzzle or simply run out of ink ribbons and never pick the game up again, at least based on people I've spoken to. Completion rates for survival horror games in general seem to be very low compared to other genres. I think under 20% of players finished Alien: Isolation.
>>
>>333130329

Wow. I never thought of it like that.

This is true. You either get stuck on a puzzle or you end up running out of resources or hell even ribbons.

This is understandable though. In today's world we're hand held through pretty much everything. God forbid we have to start an entire area over because we didn't manage resources correctly or died or some other. Like I said though, I hate to admit that I can't be one of those true fans. Playing it on easy is sort of missing the point but like I mentioned before, I'm here to see the whole thing play out with my own eyes.
>>
>>333127767

my biggest peeve in RE6

>playing co-op
>co-op partner pulls a lever
>the game takes away control from both players to slowly zoom on a door that the lever opened, whilst your character is getting killed off screen by zombies
>>
>>333131603
>>the game takes away control from both players to slowly zoom on a door that the lever opened, whilst your character is getting killed off screen by zombies
I don't think you can die while cutscenes are running, at least after patches. What can happen, though is that you end up surrounded and in trouble when you get control of your character again.

Honestly, I dunno what Capcom were thinking there. The game has a handy GPS thing so you can't get lost in most cases. Why show us doors opening?
>>
>>333126336
>Stretchy zombies with guns

That's where I draw the line.
>>
>No Hope Mode with Co-Op
>The cathedral with Leon's Campaign
fuck everything desu
>>
>>333131603
I honestly think RE6 works better as a solo game with an AI partner. You know, that design trend Daikatana introduced to videogames.

When playing solo, you've got so much more control. My only gripe is the AI only listens to commands to shoot specific targets. You can't tell it to go/stay or anything like that.

>>333131924
The J'avo aren't zombies, anon. They're creates with full human intelligence. Zombies do use guns in RE6, but they can't aim them for shit and just fire in your general direction blindly. Except for those bastards with the magnum.
>>
>>333132016
co-op should just be removed altogether
>>
>>333132258
>co-op should just be removed altogether
Resident Evil was always supposed to be a series where you work with a partner character at all times. It's in the series' underlying DNA trying to come out all this time. Hence RE0 coming along the moment Capcom had hardware capable of easy character switching. RE6 is by the director of the Outbreak games, which were co-op with shoddy AI.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.