[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Downgrading PSP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: psp_3000.png (104 KB, 362x261) Image search: [Google]
psp_3000.png
104 KB, 362x261
So I've been thinking about downgrading my PSP,it's currently at 6.61 and to my understanding downgrading it to something like 5.00 would allow me to download and install iso files on it...I'm still pretty new to modding or hacking or whatever the fuck you want to call it,I've got custom firmware on it and a GBA emulator,but essentially downgrading means I can just download and install PSP or PS1 games for free,right?....Anything I should know? Anybody recommend any specific games I should check out?
>>
Were you the anon who asked for help deciding between a psp and a ds a few days back?
>>
>>333126643
Not me,I've had a PSP for years...Hadn't touched it in a while so I figured modding it might be fun.
>>
File: 1392518163057.jpg (3 MB, 2763x5000) Image search: [Google]
1392518163057.jpg
3 MB, 2763x5000
>>333126157
If you have cfw and can emulate, you might already be able to play psp iso and psx eboots.
>>
>>333127526
I already tried to download a few PSP isos but they didn't work,it's entirely possible I just fucked it up though I guess...Thanks for the list.
>>
>>333127805
did you make a folder on the root of the mem card
called "ISO" and put your iso files in there?
>>
>>333126157
Just install CFW. There's literally nothing stopping you. Don't freaking downgrade when you can CFW your system just fine.
>>
You realize you can just install CFW to any firmware now?

You're probably just clueless about how to run ISOs and emulators.
>>
When I had my psp it had like 6.xx on it and i was able to do everything. You don't have to downgrade it that far. Im not 100% sure though because I got rid of my psp a long time ago. But once you jailbreak it go to emulator sites because all of the torrents for psp games are dead
>>
>>333129059
Let me check real quick,don't remember exactly how I did it

>>333129227
>>333129323
I've got custom firmware on my PSP,I tried to install a few PSP ISOs but they didn't work,I have several GBA games that I've played no problem though so I guess I just messed up with the ISOs somehow.
>>
>>333129059
Don't have any folders called ISO,I probably just tried to put them in the Game folder that I put the GBA stuff in,I guess that was a mistake?
>>
>>333129873
yeah, make an ISO folder all caps and put the
iso's in there. then go on the psp and
see if they show up. They should
be at the same place as the gba games on
the psp menu
>>
>>333129873
Yes, that was a mistake.
>>
Learn to use the CW cheat. That shit is pretty cool
>>
OP here,sorry for taking so long,had to walk away from the computer for a bit,moving the ISO file to my PSP now,created an ISO folder and I'm moving it to that so if anybody is still in the thread that actually cares I'll post again when it's done.
>>
Is there any guide to putting GBA saves onto the gpsp?
I'm trying to play Megaman, but fuck the chip library, I'm not filling that out.
>>
>>333132885

Play the game and save once in the PSP emulator. Then go in the files and see what the save file is called so you can overwrite it.
>>
It worked! Downloaded Me and my Katamari cause I've only ever played a little of one of them on 360,they always looked like they would be pretty fun though....Thanks for the help and the list of games.

>>333131368
I'll check it out sometime.
>>
>>333132960
You mean rewriting the .sav and .sgm extensions? It worked putting shit from gpsp to VBA for cheating a full library in, but it deleted my save state and save files when I tried it the other way around.
>>
>>333132970
Get Growlanser 4 if you like JRPGs anon. It's not on that list, but definitely worth mentioning.
>>
>>333131368
>cwcheat
Man that shit really was god tier. Hell all the PSP hacking homebrew programs were amazing. The way that codes are setup made finding codes fucking easy, even on foreign sites you could find codes for your game's region.

>>333132885
>but fuck the chip library, I'm not filling that out.
Just use codes.
>>
>>333133194
Ehh....I'll look it up,always willing to give a good game a chance,but I've never been a huge fan of playing lengthy games like rpgs on handhelds...
>>
I recently CFW'd my PSP, its on 6.61 OFW. I got CFW working but my R1 trigger is registering as constantly being pushed even though it isn't, the problem is with the actual wiring itself so I've had to order some prts to get it fixed before I get to play some games
>>
Have you tried rhythm games before? I recently downloaded DJ MAX Portable 3
>>
>>333133660
Oooh,good suggestion,I had one of the Lumines games at one point,it was pretty fun.
>>
>>333133319
It's easier to use codes on VBA.
>>
>>333129663

There is no "installing" PSP isos.

You most likely messed up the file structure or renamed something you shouldn't have
>>
>>333134186
Other anons pointed this out,I've got it working now,thanks though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.