[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What needs to happen to fix tf2, /v/? The past updates add no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Tf2_standalonebox.jpg (97 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
Tf2_standalonebox.jpg
97 KB, 256x361
What needs to happen to fix tf2, /v/? The past updates add no new weopons and change ones people enjoy to be shit.
>>
once they add competitive matchmaking i'll go back to it. until then, it's just a festering shitpool that i don't have time to waste on.

that's what I have CSGO for
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-03+at+09.52.07).jpg (42 KB, 428x348) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-03+at+09.52.07).jpg
42 KB, 428x348
Valve could start by not hiring people like this
>>
>>333122698

I dont really care if he faps to horses, but I've always wondered what do they say to their relatives about it.
>>
File: 1450221928628.jpg (39 KB, 329x321) Image search: [Google]
1450221928628.jpg
39 KB, 329x321
>>333122698
That explains a lot
>>
>>333122925
They don't. There're fucking pathetic human failures.
>>
>>333122925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PppmPNCNM8A
>>
Ranked Matchmaking will help a lot. That's probably the last major thing it needs to continue on indefinitely.
>>
>>333123106
>>333123160

I imagined something like that would happen, you can feel the disappointment on his voice.
>>
HOW TO FIX TF2
>remove ALL hats, costumes, and other bullshit along with the store
>remove ALL alternative weapons, except...
>sniper now uses the bow exclusively because fuck sniper
>demo now uses the eyelander+charging targe exclusively because fuck stickybombs
There, I just fixed TF2. You're welcome.
>>
>>333125209
By the way I mean exclusively as in instead of the default weapon in those slots, their other default weapons stay
>>
File: 1440530882219.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1440530882219.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>>333125209
>being an autistic purist AND le butt angry anti-meta shitter
Come on now, you have to pick one.
>>
>>333125209
Can I keep my high roller's medigun?
I'd give up everything else if I can keep that.
>>
>>333125650
>being a MAH COSTUME TF2 shitlord
>>333125652
No.
>>
>>333125780
>>being a MAH COSTUME TF2 shitlord
Nah, I'm an autistic purist myself.
>>
>>333122364
>What needs to happen to fix tf2, /v/?

literally just roll the entire game back to before the Uber Update
>>
>>333125780
>No.
Bummer. It's the first skin I've really liked.
>>
File: ah.jpg (46 KB, 435x298) Image search: [Google]
ah.jpg
46 KB, 435x298
>>333125209
>demo now uses the eyelander+charging targe exclusively because fuck stickybombs
Demoknight barely fucking works
>>
>>333125652

It's just a Medigun so yes you can.
>>
Name one fucking weapon idea that
a. wouldn't fuck up the balance
b. is fun to use
c. doesn't infringe on other classes' roles
d. isn't just a simple + one stat - another

Until you can, I'd prefer they continue fixing some of the already-broken stuff in the game. Like Crit-a-cola.
>>
>>333127330
Agreed these faggots that keep crying for new weapons barely know hot to play the game and dont know shit about balance
>>
>>333122364
TF2 cannot be fixed as a game. Half the playerbase are jagoffs that believe each match deserves 0 effort and any want for it is being a "tryhard." The other half thinks that competitive TF2 is the apex of gaming and will constantly lecture anyone on how to play "better" if someone mentions them as being belligerent in public servers.

TF2's charm was being perfect middle ground where effort was rewarded, teamwork was encouraged, but everyone was laid back and having fun. Now everyone's split down between being "teh frendly!" Gibus Heavy or the autistic Highlander player with $250+ invested into the game. No content update can fix that. In fact, the competitive matchamking update threatens to drive the spike down further.

Only hope now is to find 20+ people to enjoy the game with on singular servers. TF2 as a game is dead.
>>
>>333122364
They need to:

- Rebalance current weapons instead of adding new ones
- Improve the player models/weapons textures and polycount
- Accept the submissions for broken cosmetics (they've kinda been doing this already recently)
- Improve animations on most weapons
- Port to Source 2 (eventually)
- Remove sv_pure 1 from Valve servers (main reason I stopped playing, broke all my skins and community servers are dead and/or shit)

Barely any of these will ever happen
>>
>>333125209
>You know all that stuff that makes tf2 alive? Let's remove it

Kill Yourself
>>
>>333122364
I don't know if it can be saved at this point. Best I can suggest is to revert most, if not all of the changes made to the game over the past year.

Autistic comp players and autistic shitters made this game damn near impossible to balance around.
>>
>>333122364
>remove or redo hats that do not fit with the original artstyle
>continue retooling and rebalancing weapons so they can actually be useful in some form, even if it's just useful in MvM
>add at least one new weapon a year at christmas
>new maps that are not made by retards
>fix the optimization issues instead of adding more shit that fucks with the optimization
All of that would do a lot to make the game an overall better experience.
>>
>What needs to happen to fix tf2
It needs to go away for a very long time and never come back
>>
tf3 when
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.