[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dragon Age: Inquisition >Trans character lectures you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Dragon-Age-Krem-665x385.jpg (33 KB, 665x385) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Age-Krem-665x385.jpg
33 KB, 665x385
>Dragon Age: Inquisition
>Trans character lectures you on gender identity unprovoked
>You are not allowed to disagree
>You ARE allowed to have them murdered after the conversation

>Siege of Dragonspear
>Trans character lectures you on gender identity unprovoked
>You are not allowed to disagree
>You ARE allowed to murder them after the conversation

Why do Devs consider disagreeing with a digital character more taboo than murdering them?

Why would my murdering, stealing, psychopathic evil play-through character use someones proper pronouns?
>>
File: vucqvfth6oc7-878x0-z-z96kyq2.jpg (78 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
vucqvfth6oc7-878x0-z-z96kyq2.jpg
78 KB, 878x494
>"What wrong Inquisitor? Were you just about to say how brave Krem is for identifying as Aqun-Athlok?"
>>
>>333121861
>Why do Devs consider disagreeing with a digital character more taboo than murdering them?

Because "hee hee! those cis people will just prove us RIGHT if they use FORCE to quiet the character when they can't disagree with any of the absolute powerful truths they're dishing out!"

You know it's true.
>>
>>333122319
>born with a gender
>gender is socially constructed
lmao Bioware can't even get their shit straight
>>
>>333122880
sweating_xir_looking_at_two_red_buttons.jpg
>>
>>333121861
>Josephine's immigration rant

I'm glad I didn't play past this.
>>
>>333122319
You know, I'm sure Bioware retconned a shitton of Qunari lore, but what if "Aqun-Athlok" is a slur in Qunari?
Sten showed that deviating from gender roles is unheard of in Qunari society, but surely it happened from time to time. They'd need a word for those who broke the rules (you know, besides "dead").
>>
>>333123262

wow i never thought of that, thats a pretty hilarious was to imagine that conversation
>>
Because in death they are a martyr.

They don't want to write a disagreement because it'll force them to write a rebuttal to that, and they might not have one.
>>
Isnt this game bug ridden and nigh unplayable anyway
>>
>>333124218
I wouldn't say it's that bad. It actually had some good parts.
>>
>>333124218

I haven't heard too much bitching about bugs, so I don't think so.

I literally uninstalled it after less than five minutes of gameplay though. Dialogue was shit, characters were shit, combat was shit. It was at that point I realized shit just wasn't for me.
>>
File: 1455345366403.png (616 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
1455345366403.png
616 KB, 1280x722
That's what you deserve for liking RPGs cisscum.
>>
>>333123262
It's weird how a military dictatorship with rigid gender roles and adherence to rules systems in DA1+2 suddenly and for no described reason suddenly became super down with gender fluidity.

Sten is literally named for his role in life, and states that women are unfit for combat without hesitation accodring to the Qun in DAO. But 2 games later it's all good apparantly.
>>
>>333122880
Which would you rather be true? Both in RPGs and real life?
>>
>>333125056
Did Iron Bull say that Qunari society was down with it, or just him?
Iron Bull himself doesn't seem like he'd fit in well in his homeland. What I'm saying is that Bull, and Bull's attitude to people like Krem, might be on the fringes of Qunari society.
>>
>>333125559
It's not because he has words and phrases for it. If they weren't down with it on a societal level they wouldn't just have happy go lucky terms for these things.

They went out of their way to point out how every aspect the Qunari didn't like were expunged because of the military like adherence to the rules. Except whoops that doesn't let bioware talk about gender politics so that's gotta change for no reason at all.

It's inconsistent with the world they made for no reason. They could have done literally anything but decided no they needed to make it seem like they were always okay with the idea because how dare they show a culture that doesn't openly accept transgendered people.
>>
I want to murder a lot of people on inquisition, when I will have my chance? This feels more like the Church of Sweden inquisition
>>
>>333126168

>If they weren't down with it on a societal level they wouldn't just have happy go lucky terms for these things.
That's fuckin retarded mate. People have words for things they dislike too.
>>
>>333121861
You see the funny thing is that trans people have a very high chance of being a murder victim. So it makes perfect sense they would let you kill them.

But more than likely they are just too lazy to code that one character to not be killable.
>>
>>333126168
No, what I'm saying is that Aqun-Whateverthefuck is not happy-go-lucky. I'm saying it's a slur, like "degenerate". Possibly.
I'm also clinging to the hope that the retconning isn't that bad.
>>
>>333125056
IIRC not all qunari follow the Qun. This would allow for both all of the Sten shit from 1 and all of the Iron Bull shit from 3.
>>
>>333126834
All I can say is don't read the books or comics.
It will destroy the Qunari for you.
>>
>>333127136
Oh yeah. Those red guys from DA II.
I forgot about them. Do you ever get to interact with them and find out why they rebelled?
>>
>>333126168

You forgot about Qunari Mages. They are disliked and are kept on leashes like war dogs but still have a designation.

The Qunari don't purge everything, some things they just simply dominate which is why there's always a threat of them invading.
>>
>>333127384
I'll avoid them like the plague.
>>
>>333127443
I think it is more even than that. I think it's just like, a bunch of the people from that race just aren't down with the Qun.
>>
>>333127136
According to DA2 the rebels were even worse with women than the Qun
>>
>>333127384

Why would you read bioware comics? Did the Mass Effect ninja not teach you anything?
>>
>>333126834
>I'm also clinging to the hope that the retconning isn't that bad.
anon, they added horns and made them hulk size in two for no clear reason.
they restructured there indoctrination culture in DA 2 to make them a more serious issue with the local government
They just don't care anymore about there lore and it's all one big fanfic wank about fuck whatever you want.
That said it should give us hope for gaming because that market didn't launch onto the series well enough to keep it alive.
>>
>>333127597
I was just sharing it's worse. I actually pirated them because I heard they were so bad and actually enjoy watching how awful and desperate people like Gaider try to flex there narrative muscles only to reaffirm why no one will hire them for there writing skills exclusively.
>>
>>333127874
It's funny how Stan was my favorite character in DAO, how he had the best writing and the most depth, how believable was his tragedy of being disconnected with his purpose as per the Qun and how the Qun was an awesome theme I always looked forward to learn more of.

What the fuck happened fellows?
>>
>>333128313
>Stan
Stan's the man.
>>
>>333128313
Hi David Gaider and crew, we're EA and were not as strict in day to day activities of companies, just cut room for huge amounts of DLC and let us whore out the IP in marketing and you can make whatever you want.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.