[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: A1HHIwo+HYL._SL1500_.jpg (464 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
A1HHIwo+HYL._SL1500_.jpg
464 KB, 1049x1500
Just finished this. What went wrong?
>>
>>333120496
Nothing. You knew what to expect with this shit, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>333120496
Nintendo wanted a quick cash-in and didn't bother to do anything other than an upscale in resolution.

If you're talking about the game itself, then what went wrong is that Nintendo pandered to the kids who thought Wind Waker was for babies and tried to be grim and edgy. The result is undeniably one of the least imaginative and soulless Zeldas.
>>
>>333122834
For a supposedly grimdark Zelda game, it's pretty fucking ridiculous though. It's got that weird chicken thing, that weird shop with the annoying music, fucking sumo wrestling and other stuff.

Maybe Nintendo didn't want to commit to full grimdark like Shadow the Hedgehog but I feel like it was just an aesthetic choice and not them trying to be grimdark at all.
>>
>>333123101
>everything is either completely lighthearted or completely edgy
You do realize there's a lot more possible tones than those two
>>
>>333123504
An TP does that extremely poorly
>>
>>333123504
Sure, but like... everyone keeps calling TP the edgy one and I just don't see it. Then again, LoZ is pretty lighthearted in the first place so maybe just a little bit of edge qualifies it as the most edgy.
>>
>>333122834
>>333123101

Talking about the game itself, yeah. Didn't play it back then, so I can't compare the graphics much (though it hurts to know they didn't do 60 FPS "because").

I felt the grim had a Guillaume Del Toro feeling - the aesthetic was OK, in my opinion, but they never pushed too far in order to have it's own identity. So it's just bland.

I found many issues in the game (mostly design ones, where the game just gets boring), but as I've just finished my main problem is the story. Zelda and Ganon are completely secondary characters for the entire game, then suddenly we forget everything else and focus the narrative on them for the last dungeon? This is pretty pushing it to justify the need to use the famous characters at any cost.
>>
>>333123752
does what?
>>
There are many epic, well-thought moments. But it seems that for each of those, we have to endure 2 hours of boredm. Sorta like Metal Gear.
>>
>>333120496
you tell us, dumbass
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.