[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Most Casual Person you know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15
File: Muffet animated.gif (324 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Muffet animated.gif
324 KB, 700x700
Let me tell you a story about my mother.

She's only played Skyrim for the past two years. Like, it's literally the only game she knows at this point. And I only have myself to blame because it was me who suggested her to play it.

Anyway, last time I glanced at what she was doing she was laying the controller on the stand, unpaused, while thirty agro enemies were attacking her.

>Health not going down
>Modded the game so she has infinite carrying space, infinite health, infinite magic, infinite stamina...
>When she picks the controller back up she kills each person in one hit.
>MFW I realise my mom is a filthy casual.

I've been trying to get her to play other games. Literally, I brainstorm as many games as I can to stop her addiction to Skyrim. I tried to get her to play Final Fantasy, Fallout 3, new vegas, or 4. I even suggested her to play Oblivion or Morrowind. Problem is, she only plays games with gamepad support, and only on the PC.

Last ditch effort, I think of another super casual game. I buy Undertale for her.

>She only uses analog sticks.
>Tries pacifist first try.
>Breaks into tear every time she even gets hit

Undyne was where she rage quite. I'm done. I think I'm going to have to leave. I can't even imagine how she'd react to later Boss fights.
>>
File: 1452480998884.jpg (39 KB, 307x485) Image search: [Google]
1452480998884.jpg
39 KB, 307x485
>>333120082
>has a mother that actually plays games
Anon, do you realize how rare that is, you fucking faggot? Be happy for what you have.
>>
>>333120323
I think I'd actually rather have a mother who doesn't play video games than one who makes me plays no-challenge Skyrim ever chance she gets.
>>
File: image.png (28 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28 KB, 800x473
Just get her to play Kirby superstar or any Kirby game really
It seems like if she gets satisfaction from being a tank and killing everything in one hit, then maybe a hack n slash is also a good choice
>>
Don't shit post about your own mother, asshole.
>>
>>333120591
than one who plays no-challenge Skyrim*
>>
>>333120323

My mother never gave a shit about video games, but has recently started playing Tetris (and later, Dr. Mario) to stave off dementia, which runs in her family.

I don't know why I thought that would be an interesting story.
>>
>>333120082
>mother plays games
confirmed underage
>>
>>333120082
if she needs a good dicking to get some sense into her, you can always call us.
>>
>>333120082
Your a super faggot for making fun of your mother for playing. You should be encouraging her.

Lets talk about some real fucking casual:
>Female friend of a friend
>She decides she wants a pc. Make a decent budget build.
>Shes over my shoulder every second of the assembly. Telling me I ruined it when the usual creaking and tension noises go
>Finally get that shit together. Asks me to load up some games
>Dragons dogma
>Literally quits because she cant figure out how to backspace on her fucking name
>She literally failed at putting her name in and quit, essentially making a $500 Facebook machine
>Proceeds to complain there are no good games to play as she quits every game I give her to try.
>>
>>333121096
Kill her. She doesn't deserve to live.
>>
>>333120082
Your mother doesn't have time to play anything other than casual games when raising an autistic child. Let her enjoy her few moments of escapism in peace.
>>
File: 1371832640264.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1371832640264.jpg
545 KB, 1920x1080
Only caretaker that liked video games was my stepdad and he only ever played Dead of Alive Xtreme 2 or whatever it was for PS2.
>only picked Ryu Hayabusa, Ein, and the Bruce Lee character
>was really good but didn't improve when i finally reached his level
He picked up whatever the newest Tekken was at the time because his brother also played it but he didn't like it very much. He doesn't play games anymore because his daughter, my half-sister would play way too much Call of Duty and it caused her to not get her high school diploma because she would get drunk or high and skip school to play video games.
We're both gonna drive 250 miles to meet each other halfway at a Denny's to have lunch and catch up with each other. He's a great guy and I'm thankful for the time he spent with me and that my mom has someone as awesome as him in her life.
>>
OP, your mom being able to control Skyrim in any capacity is far beyond many people's mothers.

My mom was too casual for Animal Crossing. I tried to get her to play Portal on console but she didn't make it five minutes because she could not wrap her head around movement and camera control being controlled by two different sticks. The most she plays is light Facebook games while waiting for something.

And that's fine, we talk about books and TV shows instead.
>>
My mom beat the Jak trilogy.
You fucks have no excuse.
>>
>>333120082

There's this guy who sits next to me in one of my computer classes. He only plays League of Legends, watches Let's Plays, and makes no effort to hide his power level. He's the kind of guy who changes the background on a public computer to ponyshit and looks up fanart instead of doing work. Fanart of ponies and Let's Players. He also talks shit about games he doesn't play. If he was a mexican dinner he'd be a Cancerilla.

I would otherwise say my Uncle, since he literally only plays CoD, but dude's got a job and a life, and he was on leaderboards while he was unemployed, so he wasn't shit at it.
>>
>>333121596
Your classmate is literally scum of the earth
>>
File: 1428162564809.jpg (213 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428162564809.jpg
213 KB, 1000x1000
>>333121596
>He also talks shit about games he doesn't play.
I used to do this so much and I wish I knew how much of a faggot it made me look. Though, the only people who were offended by me constantly bringing up of how shitty Mass Effect 3 was were all SJW faggots anyways so I guess it's a wash. Regardless, I don't do that anymore because it's really stupid. Now I just say "___ doesn't appeal to me" and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>333120323
>Mom would get the highscore on pac man machines
It sucks though because she cant into games past the 90s
>>
>tfw mom doesn't play games but watches them instead
She got invested in my playthrough of EarthBound and Undertale. We're going through Mother 3 and she keeps asking when I'm going to play it next.
>>
I had a friend who only played WoW, because he had a mac. Apart from that, the only previous games he'd played was Resident Evil 4 and Tetris.

I tried to get him some other games, but he fucking complained about everything, and refused to play anything but 3D games. And wanted a decent hack-and-slash. And for whatever retarded reason, was too retarded to set up WINE, or look into emulators.
>>
>>333121806
You know, I sometimes talk shit about games I don't play, but only because I like seeing fans get mad for some reason. I don't know why, but I get a raging erection every time people start yelling at me when I literally don't give a fuck about their game. But then again, when I was in High School I used to be a jack ass, pony memeing, background switching SJW faggot. So many that's just what kind of people they are.
>>
>>333120082
My dad plays Turok with infinite ammo.

I can't blame him, tho. It's really fun to do it.
>>
>>333120082
>Having shit taste runs in the family

I'm not surprised underfag.
>>
>>333122183
cute
>>
File: 1458454081279.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458454081279.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
All my IRL friends do all day is switch back and forth between playing Hearthstone, League of Legends, and Heart of the Swarm. The only games in recent memory they actually took the time to play and finish are Undertale and Metal Gear Solid V. Neither of them have played any other Metal Gear game, and when I tell them that they should and that the others are better, the response I get is "But aren't those much more linear" as if to imply that openworldness makes something inherently better or that linearity is necessarily a bad thing.

I've tried numerous times to get my friends interested in other new games, especially Jap games, but they never care. Can't get them interested in God Eater 2, and I need people to play with when it comes out. Can't get them to try Tree of Savior, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, or Phantasy Star Online 2. Can't even get them hyped for Final Fantasy XV without them saying stuff like "I don't play games that have a shit tone of entries in the series" even though these same people played MGSV. Plus one of them tells me that he doesn't like swordfighting in video games since unlike a shooter where you attack weaklings just by shooting from afar, you actually have to move up close to the enemies to strike.

I don't get these people. I beat video games all the time and yet they waste away their time on Hearthstone, Heart of the Swarm, and League.

Fuck, I just want someone to talk to to get excited about weeb games with, but no one ever cares. My IRL friends are all casuals.
>>
>>333122974
>not having atleast one friend where you can share your power level with

Might as well kill yourself man.
>>
>>333122974
>My IRL friends are all casuals.
And so are you.
>>
File: 1458515156039.gif (668 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1458515156039.gif
668 KB, 500x280
>>333122974
I'll get excited over weeb games with you Anon.

My top two games I'm looking forward too this year are smtxfe and Trials of Cold steel 2
>>
My dad played shit like Atomic Runner and Vectorman back when I was younger all the time, he doesn't anymore but he still had some good taste.
>>
File: smt iv final.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
smt iv final.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>333123295
>SMT x FE
I don't know how you still have optimism for this, but I envy you. It could be good, and I hope it is, but its not at all what I expected it to be. Still, that's cool anon, and I appreciate it, but its not the same as knowing someone in real life.
>>
>>333123295
God damn that's some fucking shit-tier taste. Off yourself, weeb.
>>
>>333123638
Ooh smt4 final I forgot about that

Add that too
And I'm sorry Anon, I can't really say I know how you feel [/spoiler] Because I can't talk to anyone in public without losing my spaghetti or feeling like I want to puke. Even cashiers to stores.

But I'm rooting for you
>>
My dad beat the America Revolution Assassins Creed without knowing how to counter attack. He'd just run into a fight and press the attack button as fast as he could. Died a lot, but any bit of luck would give him some progress. Sort of like a 10000 monkeys on 10000 typewriters situation.
>>
>>333123263
this 2bh pham.

How do you not have that one guy with who you can discuss all sorts of "weird" shit like lolicon and non manime anime and stuff.
>>
>>333122974
all my friends are into good games and are always eager to play local multiplayer games

there's nothing more fun than a night of drinking, smash bros, n64 roms and halo
>>
>>333124039
goddamnit, why am i still here?
>>
File: Gordon Freeman has had enough.png (24 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
Gordon Freeman has had enough.png
24 KB, 728x636
>>333122974
>too good to play with your ultra-casual friends and keep them interested without sand-bagging like a motherfucker
>not good enough to keep up with the people better than you
I'm not afraid of going to hell, because I live it every day
>>
>>333120082
My mom has only ever played New Super Mario Bros Wii. She has finished it 4 times and is going for a 5th, refuses to even try the new Wii U one. She calls yoshis horses, calls Koopas ducks, calls mushrooms bigs, and forgets every single time that she has to turn the wiimote sideways to play. It's not irritating, it's hilarious and I love helping her beat the levels she has issues with. Appreciate your mom, you faggot. How about you find some mods she would enjoy instead of calling her a casual on the internet
>>
File: DooDKooK Cannot Expand Dong.jpg (642 KB, 1043x1200) Image search: [Google]
DooDKooK Cannot Expand Dong.jpg
642 KB, 1043x1200
>tfw my mom is way better at time-management games like diner dash than me
It's fucking scary watching my mom play shit like that. I swear to God she could play Starcraft on a professional level if she actually tried.
She also used to play the original Castlevania and Ghouls n' Ghosts when she first had an NES.
>>
File: Optimus Prime Sighs.png (217 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime Sighs.png
217 KB, 480x360
>Try to get a friend to get into an MMO with me
>BRO HOW DO I KNOW WHICH STATS I NEED
You're a tank, you want stam and str
>YEAH BUT HOW DO I KNOW WHATS GOOD
Just get whatever has the highest stam and str
>HOLD ON BRO A WEAPON JUST DROPPED I NEED AT LEAST 15 MINUTES TO DETERMINE IF I NEED IT
>UUUGHHH HELP ME OUT DO I NEED THIS?
Its a staff with int....
>SO?!?!?1 WHAT DOES THAT MEAN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW

I just. I cant.
>>
File: 1444879567154.png (517 KB, 750x656) Image search: [Google]
1444879567154.png
517 KB, 750x656
>>333120082
I dunno, I mean most of my classmates are just normal people.
My family members too.
Friends are busy with life to play better stuff but I know they actually have some okay taste in games.
Maybe it's me, I lose often in pvp and feel like a third wheel in team games. I'm the first person in my group of friends to play Undertale too.
>>
>>333129552
YER RIDIN' THAT HOG
>>
File: 1452044668631.jpg (297 KB, 1219x1441) Image search: [Google]
1452044668631.jpg
297 KB, 1219x1441
>>333122068
I know this feel
>go to a Laundromat one day with me mum to help her out with laundry
>oh shit nigger, a fucking Galaga arcade machine
>well let's pop a quarter in, what could go wrong?
>get my ass whooped in the first 2 stages
>well shit
>"Oh hey is that Galaga?"
>yeah mum, why so?
>"hand me a quarter"
>mfw she gets to the 9th stage without losing a single life and wins all the bonus stages
>mfw to top it off she gets the high score
And that's the day I found out my mom isn't a dirty casual
>>
File: 1459144430662.png (181 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1459144430662.png
181 KB, 500x283
I know a person who managed to get lost every nine seconds in pokemon soul silver also one time
>Why won`t it hit?
>What are you doing?
>Trying to hit Sandshrew with thundershock
Holy shit, try paying attention.
>>
My mum, she only plays Professor Layton. She's finished the ace attorney crossover 12 times. I offered to loan her the ace attorney games but she refused
>>
>>333122974
>Heart of the Swarm
>casual

Pick one.
>>
>thread about some vagina that is blood-related to OP that plays vidya

This isn't your personal blog, faggot.
>>
>>333120323
>tfw my moms a gamer
>plays WoW daily with my sisters
>>
>>333120082
>later boss fights
Undyne is the peak of the difficulty, probably, if you aren't doing genocide.
>>
>>333120082
My mom got me into videogames when I was a kid, I don't even know how, she never plays videogames now, but she played a lot of Fallout Tactics and The Sims, I don't think she was very casual
>>
>>333136606
I swear my mom has autism. She loves collect-a-thons like Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, and collecting all the things from GTA San Andreas, like gang tags and finishing that car export list. She really loved taking over gang territory in that game.

I should call her more often
>>
>>333137046
Oh I forgot to mention, when she would finish doing all of those things, she would just start a new save file. She also loved playing Mario Party 2. I should give her my old DS. What are the chances she'd like Harvest Moon?
>>
My mom played JRPGs before they had a defined term. She loved grinding characters out.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.