[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you discipline yourself to enjoy an MMO as a time sink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1459738195064.jpg (27 KB, 380x374) Image search: [Google]
1459738195064.jpg
27 KB, 380x374
how do you discipline yourself to enjoy an MMO as a time sink?
>>
>>333118446
Get invested into and become your character and make friends
>>
>>333118446
If you had discipline you wouldn't be playing an mmo.
>>
>>333118446
There's no single answer to that question, see "Bartle Types"
>>
>>333118624
>instant gratification is better than delayed gratification
>>
Why would you willingly torture yourself to play a game you don't like?

nigga, there's too many games out there that you could like and play instead.
>>
>>333118446
Make friends and get a guild. Its literally Facebook with a game on top of it.
>inb4 competitive PVP
>>
>>333118885
This assumes that the gratification that takes longer is proportionally greater.

And we all know that is never the truth.
>>
Have a horrible fucking life.

If you have a good life, you don't get invested. That's it.
>>
>>333119110
but the PRIZE....
>>
>>333118885
So if I started stabbing you... You'd think it was okay if it gets better toward the end?
>>
>>333119110
>rather be a bunny enjoying multiple coitus for underwhelming orgasms than a tortoise with one massively overwhelming lengthy one
>>
File: 1458725814688.jpg (24 KB, 155x293) Image search: [Google]
1458725814688.jpg
24 KB, 155x293
>>333118446
Spend 4 hours of every day staring at a wall, while you're doing this keep telling yourself that the reward for staring at the wall is that at the end you an stop staring at the wall and start doing things you wanted to do instead.

After a few weeks of this you'll be ready to enjoy MMORPGs.
>>
File: heh.gif (598 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
598 KB, 300x166
>>333119621
your analogy fails utterly. if you liked it you wouldn't have to force yourself to like it. you'd be motivated to do it for the sake of doing it, or even a reward for doing it. just because you can play a game for a long time doesn't necessarily mean you'll find it rewarding after investing all the time in it. seems like you don't like the current mmorpgs if you are asking for advice on how to force yourself into playing them. I tried playing hundreds of hours of assfaggots games like lol and dota. just isn't for me so I moved on. do yourself a favor and do the same.
>>
>>333119621
>Would rather be a tortoise with one disappointing orgasm than be a bunny enjoying multiple overwhelming orgasms.

Hey look I can make up an non-existent example for justification too!
>>
>>333119903
1st thing, not OP.

Not the best analogy, but the point still stands. Instagrats are what makes modern games feel unfulfilling.

Enjoy what you enjoy, just don't force others to not like what you don't like. LoL and DOTA takes time to hone skills. If you don't have the patience, then it isn't for you. Enjoy the next iteration of your favorite Pokemon, you good goy.
>>
>>333120348
You've missed the point entirely. Decent bait though. I award you a single (you)
>>
>>333118446
You just have to let go of the idea that you should NOT be wasting time.

When your goal is genuinely to waste time, MMOs are perfect.
>>
Why the hell would you want to discipline yourself to enjoy something unproductive? Discipline yourself to enjoy working out or something, shit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.