[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game has poison damage >Every enemy is immune to poison damage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1450938558164.jpg (717 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1450938558164.jpg
717 KB, 1920x2560
>Game has poison damage
>Every enemy is immune to poison damage
>>
>insta-death spells only work on trash mobs you can beat with normal attacks
>>
>>333118242
>game has useful status ailments
>all fights are too short for them to be worth attempting to stick
>all bosses are mostly immune to status effects and when they do stick, it's for maybe two turns maximum

The worst feeling especially if you have a boner for self-sufficient builds based around drains/debuffs/regens.
>>
>holy attacks are player-only
>dark attacks are enemy-only
>fire/ice/lightning-resistant item called Fire/Ice/Lightning Emblem
>dark-resistant item called Holy Emblem
>>
>>333118792
Too bad you missed out on playing Red Mage in FFXI. You could take on bosses you otherwise needed groups or alliances for on your own, simply because of good buffs and debuffs, and clever use of them. So was everyone doing it? No, it was fucking hard.
>>
>>333119297
Nah, I didn't miss FFXI's golden days.

Played for 11 years. Fuck, man.

I was busy dancing at everything. Dancer was such a survival monster if you bothered to learn it. A shame most people slept on it until Abyssea came out. It felt good being able to actual tank, heal, or dps on the same job without having to sacrifice anything to change roles.

Dancer in Abyssea made everything feel you were a chainsaw tearing through wet toilet paper if you knew what you were doing and had the right atmas when abyssea was newish.
>>
>>333118242
>get rare recovery item as a drop
>save it for a difficult clutch moment during a boss fight
>beat the game without ever using the high tier healing items you saved
>>
>Game has a whole separate page on your character tab for resistances.
>They do literally nothing.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>capable of summoning an elemental deity to smite your foes
>"oh fuck, that door is locked. I better figure go do a chain of sidequests to get the key to open it."
>>
File: 1458239152033.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1458239152033.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>game has different types of melee
>different stats have different weights for each time of attack
>one stat has the greatest weight for both types of attack, making the other stat completely obsolete
>>
dumb hamsterposter
>>
>>333120501
>Door is rusted shut.
>You need a bomb to blow it open.
>You cannot use your missile launcher to open the door.
>>
>Game is a hyper speed twitchy action game
>Locked to 30fps
>>
File: flashy.webm (3 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
flashy.webm
3 MB, 840x525
>>333118242
>Game has poison damage
>almost no enemy are resistant to it
>>
File: 1458592208536.jpg (418 KB, 558x747) Image search: [Google]
1458592208536.jpg
418 KB, 558x747
>make a good video game
>make sequel
>want a wider audience
>remove features from the first game that gave it it's charm so it's more accessible to people who want to play the game

If people cared and actually wanted to play the game, they would have played the first one. I don't understand how someone can look at a series and be like "Nah, fuck the first one, I'm gonna jump in at the second one." Exception being games that have discontinuous stories like FF.
>>
>>333121397
So wait... did NOTHING die?
Cause it sure as hell looks like it.
>>
File: 1449293757262.png (178 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1449293757262.png
178 KB, 500x374
>>333118242
>Game have status effects
>Your party members battle dialogue changes to whatever status effect they are inflicted with
>>
>>333118536
This shit triggers me hard

If you're going to do this don't bother putting it in your game
>>
File: can't see shit.webm (3 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
can't see shit.webm
3 MB, 840x525
>>333121689
Character is tankish so there's little room for offensive stats, still, these are old webms and stopped playing the game.
>>
>>333118536
>PerQ
>Have Instant Kill Spells from the get go.
>Enemies have stupid amounts of HP, so the only effective strategy early game is to use the instant kills spells.
>>
>Bosses are immune to status effects
>Shit mobs die in 3 hits anyways
Every fucking JRPG
>>
>>333122079
>Tank
Ah I see. Shame I can't run the game personally. It just runs fine for 2 hours and then completely crashes my video card.
>>
>>333119859
I never got to 75 on any job, because I never had consistant funding while it was going... and then XIV dropped. I was in 1.0's Alpha Beta

But Dancer was... goddamned insane. In the Dooms I chipped my way through a string of EM Goblins and Lizards that just kept aggroing right as I was finishing another one.

Made me feel like goddamn superman, and that was just level 15~
>>
>>333121334
I'm talking to you plutonium chair
>>
How does Pokemon explain literally every 'mon can learn Toxic? Do they shit in the opponent's mouths?
>>
>>333118242
>Game has two forms of poison
>Poison allowed you to cheese the shit out of things in the previous two games so it got nerfed hard in both damage and proc rate
>It's faster to just beat things to death with raw damage than bother trying to poison anything in the game
Name it, /v/
>>
>>333122838
Pretty much every living creature has some level of toxins in them
>>
>>333122838
Your pokemon just runs up to it's opponent and vomits directly into it's mouth, making the other pokemon ill.
>>
>>333122838
Because there would be a massive tier split between those who could learn a move that guarantees a kill in 5 turns and those who can't.
>>
>>333122390
Yes I often see these kind of complaints. Personally it worked just fine and pretty smoothly for me as long as I want, seems like it has less problem with older cards like my GTX 760, but it completely freezes my pc when I try to exit o alt-tab.
>>
>>333122838
Well toxins can be produced by any type of animal.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.