[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
seriously v, help me out... >boot up rpg that i heard was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: chrono FRIGGER.jpg (188 KB, 620x422) Image search: [Google]
chrono FRIGGER.jpg
188 KB, 620x422
seriously v, help me out...

>boot up rpg that i heard was really good
>don't want to miss any items or quests
>want to experience the full game
>open up seperate window with game's walkthrough
>go line by line following along with the walkthrough
>completely satisfied

am i the only one who does this? is it autistic?
>>
>>333115935
bump

i'm honestly wondering if anybody does this but me
>>
You don't at all feel slightly spoiled by having absolutely everything spelled out for you?
>>
>>333116906
Why even bother playing the game if you're gonna do that shit?
>>
old fag here. (82)

when i was a kid, i played rpgs on my own, the only thing we had available was nintendo power. when i got to college i saw a friend use a guide for playing ffx and i laughed and told him he's ruining the experience for himself.

now that it's easily accessible, i use a guide and kinda hate myself for doing it.
>>
>>333115935
I normally ask around if there is shit you can get locked out of by progressing too far before I play new rpgs. Fuck games that do this. Dark Souls 2 is so fucking guilty. I couldn't do my 2nd play through without a guide.
>>
>>333117062
i mostly do it for games that I've played before like 10-15 times so that I can have a new experience of going through the game extremely powered up and with cool items from sidequests and shit
>>
>>333115935

I think it's dumb as fuck when people do this. What are you, 4yrs old?

Play the game yourself ffs, then MAYBE use a guide the second time around to find collectibles and shit.
>>
>>333115935
>i use a guide

Honestly, if you are just playing the game to see all of the content, why don't you just read the walkthrough, and read all of the dialogue without even playing the damn game - at this point there really is no difference.
>>
I find myself doing it in games with random encounters so I don't get lost and run out of resources before a huge fight or long stretch. But that's only because I believe random encounters are complete bullshit
>>
>>333115935
Although that is one of the most autistic things ever, I can understand why people do it
>>
At least we kn ow where people who watch let's play come from.
>>
>>333117649
i work for a living, anon. i do not haev time to play games twice or innefficiently
>>
>>333117874
i like to experience what it's like to weild the extra power while i play
>>
>>333115935
I'll use guides with some games. Usually to check whats missable or to unlock everything important in something like a fighter or musou.

But for something totally linear and straight forward like Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>333115935
if you enjoy it, then it doesn't make it wrong. though I'd personally only turn to a guide if you run into something that has completely grinded the game to a halt.
>>
>>333115935
This is why I like when people make "Missables" FAQs. I want to play the game myself, but I don't want to permanently miss out on shit I might not even know exists.
>>
>>333115935
I used to do that shit all the time. I still have some old prima guides for some Final Fantasy and the like.
>>
>>333117649
What if I want to do everything on one playthrough?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.