[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was the last good Nintendo console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
This was the last good Nintendo console
>>
True and it was still a huge downgrade from n64
N64 had the best 3D Mario and 2 amazing Zelda's
Cube had 1 OK Mario, 1 OK Zelda and 1 shitty Zelda
>>
>>333112763
>Sunshine and WW were just "ok"
Retard detected
>>
>>333112338
Correct. My trust for Nintendo died when the wagglan was unveiled
>>
>>333112338
Naw Wii had great games and the VC, plus it was easy to mod. Wii U can eat a dick tho.
>>
>>333112338
Cause non came out after it.
Neo-Nintendo consoles are something different
>>
>>333112338

Last time they tried to get third party games on their systems
>>
>>333112338
gamecube had a pretty shit tier controller. button choices make no sense.

no good mario games. zelda games were fine.

mini dvds made no sense either. just fucking use regular ones so people can watch movies like the other two. same with today.

the wii was trash. the wii u has a better library of exclusive games than the other two systems, but the multiplats this gen have been the best games and the wii u has the worst library because of that.

i really have no hope for nintendos next console. they dont seem to listen to what the fans want. they just latch onto a gimmick, then fail to make it payoff. like the waggle and wii u controller
>>
>>333113374
>wii
>failed to pay off
>literally 10 trillion units sold
>>
>>333112862
, half the levels were total shit in sunshine. The boss fights were terrible. Good thing it had a few good levels and some interesting mechanics
>>
>>333113573
>literally 10 trillion units sold
with shitty attach rate. 98% of the library is utter trash. and the games that used the shitty motion controls would have been better without them
>>
>>333113374
>gamecube had a pretty shit tier controller. button choices make no sense.
nigga what
>position right thumb at A button by default
>move thumb right for X
>move thumb slightly up and press down for Y
>move thumb left for B
>C stick not far below B
>shoulder buttons feel perfect against your middle and/or index fingers
biggest problem was that R button + Z button was perfect with right middle and index fingers respectively, but no alternate shoulder button on the left side means placing only one finger on only one shoulder button feels unbalanced, that and the analog shoulder buttons worked great for things like F.L.U.D.D. in sunshine but terrible for things that would normally use the shoulder buttons as triggers a lot (like shooters)
>>
>>333112862
Blue coins still give me night terrors.
>>
>>333112338
>Gamecube
>good
No.
>>
>>333112338

Yes it was. Gamecube had more must play titles than Wii and WiiU combined.

What will happen when 7th gen babbies become adults? Good video games as we know them will be an incredibly niche market.
>>
>>333113374
Xbox couldn't even play dvds
>>
The Gamecube was the last time they had a console that wasn't just a Nintendo machine. I recall a lot of arcade games were featured, like Super Monkey Ball.
>>
Why is everyone so down on the Wii? It brought back so many series to the consoles with proper good entries (DKC, Kirby, Punch-Out) and had great stuff with both Mario Galaxies, Metroid Prime 3, etc, and even some 3rd Party games were great with Monster Hunter, Sonic Colors, and such.
>>
>>333114579
yes it could you moron
>>
>>333114801
the controls were such utter shit. the only good games were once you could use the shitty gamecube controller with
>>
File: 1443129565010.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1443129565010.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>333112763
>this is what n64babbies actually believe

go ahead, write me another paragraphh about those eben all nighters with goldeneye and how you replayed banjo 1544 times
>>
>>333114579
it required an addon, to do it, which they only made after they heard the ps2 could play dvds
>>
>>333116003
I'm sure that sold well, just like the Gamecube dvd add-on.
>>
>>333116242
probably half as many units as the actual xbox
>>
File: head-up-ass.jpg (50 KB, 350x394) Image search: [Google]
head-up-ass.jpg
50 KB, 350x394
>>333115924
>no argument why it's bad
>>
>>333116708
Did I ever say the console was bad? No, but you nostalgia faggots can fuck off. Same shit with all of you

>dude....the n64...legendary....no console has ever given me these...feells.man.....all those epic hours of goldenmeme and mario 64...dude....childhoood...xdddd
>>
>>333116708
>hey write an essay about shit explaining why it's shit
>I will flick it aside anyway because I am a fanboy and no essay by any random guy will make me change my question my likes even for a second

why should he bother? honestly smdh tbqh f4m
>>
>>333116884
someone sounds mad they had a saturn growing up
>>
>>333118259
Who the fuck needed an N64 when Sony Playstation was a thing?
>>
>>333112338
exactly, and that's also exactly why nintendo has been using gamecube hardware for the past 15 years

also its more cost effective that way
>>
Should have included GBA player and broadband in the box. Would have sold a lot better even if it didn't have DVD playback.
>>
>>333119191
I think there may also be the possibility that they don't have the internal technical confidence to move beyond that hardware.
>>
N64 is a goldmine of great games, sorry you're so narrow minded, m8
>>
>>333112338
Excluding handhelds.
>>
>>333113012
Pretty much this
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.