[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? I never played MM and thought having them on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
Thoughts on this? I never played MM and thought having them on PS4 would be swell.
>>
Is this any different than the one on fucking Gamecube?
>>
>>333106716
Actually, yes. This one only contains 1-6, whereas Mega Man Anniversary collection also contains 7, 8 and the two power fighters arcade games.
>>
>>333106716
These are basically emulated versions, the ones on Gamecube and PS2 could run without sprite limitations and without slowdown, these can't.
>>
>>333107204
Should I get the 6th gen version? In the same boat as OP.
>>
>>333107204

B-but, anon! We wanted to keep the purity of the originals. Slowdowns and all!
>>
File: 1319969379652.jpg (126 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1319969379652.jpg
126 KB, 500x500
>>333107180
>>333107204
>only contain 1-6
>performance hiccups
BUT HOW BOUT THOSE 'CHEEVOS?
>>
>>333107302
Also is there any difference between PS2, Xbox, GC of it?
>>
>>333107412
Probably just the difference in controller so go with the PS2 since it was the only console that gen without a shit D-pad
>>
>>333107204
Wait, really? Didn't Capcom say that the Legacy Collection isn't straight up ROM emulation, why didn't they fixed those limitations then?

Fuck that.
>>
>>333107517
>>333107412
Apparently the GC version lacks some music due to disk space
>>
>>333107412
The PlayStation 2 version has the first episode of the Ruby-Spears cartoon, the Xbox and GameCube copies get the "G4 Icons" TV documentary on Mega Man, which contains interviews with Inafune and others, and Xbox also has the first episode of Mega Man NT Warrior available. In terms of each console's port, the Xbox edges out with the least emulation issues and has the added bonus of button configuration, though it was released months after the others and has possible graphical glitches when played on a Xbox 360, especially on Mega Man 8. The GameCube version suffers from flipped buttons, having the big A button used for shooting and the tiny B button for jumping, which goes against the unwritten law of all classic 2D platformers in general, not just Mega Man.
>>
>>333107546
There were joke images of Fester's quest running in the launcher.

But people really did get other roms running - though not much past boot last I checked.
>>
>paying for roms
>supporting capcom
>>
File: servbot.png (3 KB, 190x172) Image search: [Google]
servbot.png
3 KB, 190x172
>>333107740
>big A button used for shooting and the tiny B button for jumping
What in the fuck? You can reconfigure, right? I recall the X games on Playstation allowed you to reconfigure buttons
>>
>>333108030
Think only Xbox has button config in the anniversary
>>
>>333107302
Yes, GC, PS2, XBOX are fair game. I think there are games that are not included in some versions, check the wiki.

Hell, even the Rockman re-releases for PS1 work full-speed without limitations (though you can also play a more "pure" version if you wanted, same with the 6th gen versions).
>>
>>333107998
This. What a fucking scam to release a Mega Man collection that's shittier and has so much less content than what came more than 10 years before it, and on top of that just have it be straight up tinkered roms that you could run on any emulator. They should have just re-released the Anniversary Collection for all markets and fixed the few issues it had.
>>
>>333108030
I have been playing Mega Man since the first one on the NES, and if I remember correctly, the GCN version did not let you swap buttons, and it was basically unplayable for me. I can not tell you how many times I walked up to a pit, shot one pathetic bullet, and just walked in to it and died.

The current gen version isn't too bad, 7 and 8 are garbo anyway.
>>
If this sells badly, Capcom will go "guess nobody really wanted megaman" and cancel the 2017 series, I just know it
>>
I believe the goal was something like making them play like the original games, no idea on how successful they were.
>>
>Shoddier version of Rockman Complete Works (which was released 17 years ago)
I'd pass.

>>333108567
>7 and 8 are garbo anyway
How so? I think both are very solid games, and far from "garbo". I can only speculate that Capcom decided against releasing a full collection now that they'd have to add two more titles to it since the Anniversary Collection, which would take effort. Besides, the bonus content here is exactly the same as what came with the Anniversary Collection, except missing that of 7 and 8, which in their own right had interesting fan art and trivia.
>>
>>333107412

GameCube version is the worst one. If you must get a collected version, get the Xbox or PS2 versions, but I wouldn't recommend them either. Just emulate them yourself.
>>
>>333107740

GameCube version is also missing the arranged soundtracks for 4-6 in Navi mode
>>
>>333107180
Anniversary Collection also had remixed music for the NES titles.
>>
>>333110534

Only 4-6 had arranged music. 1-3 had tracks from the arcade game, and not every stage had a track.

This also only applied to the PS2 and Xbox versions
>>
>>333106420
Is it worth $15 on PS4? Nothing coming out until DS3. I was never a fan of these so I never played them, but I imagine I could appreciate them now.
>>
If you really want to buy Mega Man just get the Anniversary Collection on PS2. It has a few problems like 480i, some input lag, and missing Mode7 effects on the SNES titles but even then you're still getting more bang for your buck than you are with the Legacy Collection.
>>
>>333110881
$15 isn't bad, cheaper than buying the games individually, although Amazon has the PS2 Anniversary for $12. If you've got a job $15 is nothing, but any toaster can emulate the games and it might be worth trying MM2 at least on an emulator before committing.
>>
>>333108614

>"No one bought our emulation of 20+ year old games? Well I guess nobody wants a new Mega Man then"

CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>333109793
7 feels super slow, and there is never enough action on the screen. It is always only, like, one or two enemies on the screen at a time, and it just never had any moments that really felt intense. Had good music, though.

8 was ok, but I didn't really care for how each level had a gimmick that changed how it played (JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE! and the maze in Astro Man's level, for example) I really don't want to be doing that shit in a Mega Man game, I want perfect controls, and straightforward level design. It's an ok 2D platformer, but not a good Mega Man game, IMO. Also, I remember the music being totally unremarkable.

So 7 is a game that tries to do the Mega Man formula, but ends up messing it up, and 8 is a game that changes the formula, and it's not horrible, but not as good of a Mega Man game as the others.

9 and 10 are both the shit though, would have been nice to have them on the collection.
>>
>>333106420
Shameless cash grab, and irredeemable shit.

It's so pathetic that the PS2 and PS collections are better and have more content.
>>
>>333111478
Pretty much this. The best experience is probably gamecube's anniversary running on high settings in dolphin using a usb to gamecube port and using a real gamecube controller.

Too bad my pc won't run dolphin well
>>
>>333108614
I know they've done this before, but what was the game?
>>
>>333106716
>>333107180
>Worse than a compilation a decade before

Capcom, everyone.
>>
>>333113242
Dark stalkers.
>>
>>333106420
>Modern day game collections are getting worse than previous collections
I think Rare Replay is the only good modern day game collection along side Sonic's Genesis Collection.
>>
>>333107180
>>333107404
>>333110534
>>333113297
Let's not act like Anniversary was any better. Even though it had the translated Rockman Perfect Works games they managed to fuck it up worse with input lag and is unplayable for me. As shitty as Legacy is, it doesn't fuck that up.

I'm not endorsing either. I'm just gonna buy Perfect Works on PSN.
>>
>>333113595
Any of M2's collections are top notch. Shame almost none of them come to the US.
>>
>>333107180
>>333107204
Reminder: the older collection had input lag all over the place too.
However, some of the ports had story additions too
>>
>>333106420
it really doesnt play well without original nes controllers. the directional pad's dont really cut it.
>>
>>333113909
Heres a personal favorite
>>
>>333113595
Sega has some good 3D collections for the 3DS, but they're exclusive to Japan I think.
>>
>>333113595
On that note, I've been playing the Ratchet and Clank collection and the more I play, the more bugs and glitches I come across. I mean fuck how hard is it to take an old game and make it 720p?
>>
>>333114768
>I mean fuck how hard is it to take an old game and make it 720p?
You have to redo a lot of the programming
>>
>>333114768
>I mean fuck how hard is it to take an old game and make it 720p?

According to the Ratchet and Clank Let's Play with Developer Commentary, really hard.

They did a bunch of horse shit tricks that shouldn't work to get the games to run on the PS2. Tricks you can't easily replicate.
>>
>>333113595
Its cause they keep losing the code
>>
File: rockman collection.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
rockman collection.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
>>333106420
If you want to get anything, getting the Rockman Complete Works versions of the first six games would be a much better bet than this. Although, if you just want to get the games cheap and without hassle, you can just get this game. It still astounds me that they released a collection inferior to the Rockman Collection Special Box, which contains all 6 Perfect Works, Mega Man X7, and 6 pin badges that you could wear.
>>
>>333106420
It doesn't have even have 7-10. Not worth buying at all.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.