[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HYPER LIGHT DRIFTER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: 1459698032550.png (162 KB, 620x1372) Image search: [Google]
1459698032550.png
162 KB, 620x1372
Praise/Bitch about/Play/Compare the game to EVA here.

Old Thread: >>333048107

General advice is that if you like the combat, you'll enjoy the game, so it may be worth a download. Probably not worth a purchase though - pic related is stretch goals, and below are all the ones they missed.

"Stretch goals not reached:

>co-op campaign
>competitive mode
>challenge mode + co-op challenge mode + online challenge mode
>ravenous mire
>Vita port currently being internally questioned
>Wii U port currently in limbo (doesn't matter whose fault it is, Heart Machine promised it in their stretch goals when they weren't 100% certain it would work)
>B-Side OST Remixes will not be featuring Baths (the creator of the trailer music) or Luke S.

Never minding the fact that the game and all the stretch goals are two years late. All the ports were supposed to have released at the same time as well.

Oh, and Co-Op mode in general isn't actually confirmed to still be happening - just that they hope they might be able to do it."
>>
>>333104808
>Compare the game to EVA here.
the what now?
you mean ESA?
>>
>De-make
Why the fuck
>>
File: 1389487173475.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1389487173475.png
35 KB, 700x700
It's FEZ 2.
>>
Two additional bosses?
you mean the game only had 2 areas initially? get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>333105186

>Eva
>Evangelion

Christ anon, get your shit together.

But yeah, this game's basically evangelion without the giant robot fights.

So it's shit without any redeeming qualities.
>>
>>333104808
>Wii U port currently in limbo (doesn't matter whose fault it is, Heart Machine promised it in their stretch goals when they weren't 100% certain it would work)

Why should they be forced to make a game for a dead system that has shit hardware?
>>
Is this like Adventure Time meets EoE meets dark souls?
>>
>>333104808
Wasn't aware of it until yesterday so I fortunately avoided excessive hype ruining the game. That said I'm not sure it could have been ruined. Having an absolute blast so far, it's hitting all my strike zones. I wasn't such a cheap shit I might even have bought it. Well worth pirating in any case.
>>
>>333104808
You forgot to add in:

>Expanded Cutscenes
>Two additional bosses
>Burning Cavern & Sunken City
>Fully Realized Soundtrack by Disasterpeace
>Extended Lore and Characters
>Broken Shallows + Emerald Brink
>Loot

They have an incredibly simplistic gear system in that certain achievements and actions can give you a cloak, and depending upon the color of the cloak you get different bonuses or penalties, but you can only have 1 cloak equipped at any time and there is no way to splice or combine bonuses. Everything else is a module, the different types of gun shots are basically treated as modules because they share the same resource.
>>
>>333105781

Because they promised it in return for money and entered a legal contract to deliver it when they received money from the backers?

Should they have promised it? Fuck no. Wii U's a stupid fucking system. But they did, and now they have to own up.
>>
Well I'm playing the game right now, glad I didn't pay for it though, I'm really trying to like it but as some anon mentioned in the last thread I don't like how attacking stunlocks you.

Additionally I feel like like the forced ambiguity is really starving me of knowledge to make informed decisions based on where to go or what my goals are.

The yellow things you can find as an example, I have zero clue what they are, all I know is if I collect 4 I get a square with a symbol in it.
>>
>>333105926
They're 1/4 monies.
>>
>>333105836
>and depending upon the color of the cloak you get different bonuses or penalties
...Thanks for telling me, game?
>>
what makes this game better than oceanhorn, another indie zelda clone?
>>
File: 2fast4megoyim.png (223 KB, 1147x540) Image search: [Google]
2fast4megoyim.png
223 KB, 1147x540
>>
I'm really resisting the urge to buy this right now, it looks good to me. I love pixelshit and the artsyle is compelling. How good is the combat though, I can't tell if it's satisfying from the videos I've seen, how does it "feel".

I've heard it compared to LttP also, which is my all time favorite game, how much truth in those claims?
>>
>>333106026
Yeah I figured that out almost immediately after I made this post because I didn't walk up in the main town area, I followed the fox to the right of the screen because I thought that was the developer saying "come this way"
>>
>>333105836

I only included the stuff that CAN'T be debated. I'd agree with most of what you said though.

>Expanded Cutscenes
The game has literally two cutscenes, one of which we'd already scene - this is a joke to think they reached it, even if they may have on technicalities.

>Two Additional Bosses
This sorta happened in the South, even if they're shit, and they took away the awesome bosses.

>Burning Cavern
Literally no where in the game. I should have included this in OP - my bad.

>Sunken City + Broken Shallows
Seem to be combined into the East side. Shitty, but sorta there.

>OST by Disasterpiece
This actually happened. Unfortunately too, since it's not that good.

>Extended Lore and Characters
I suppose they count "pictures in textboxes" for this, even if that's shit.

>Emerald Brink
Ok, this one is actually just the West area.

>Loot
The gear/credit system is a really poor excuse for this, but it's there.
>>
>>333106389
Low framerate, unfinished, literally bump against wall tier secrects
>>
File: 1440296435487.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1440296435487.gif
2 MB, 316x213
Looks like a fun game but I'm not buying it for full price. Didn't even buy Bastion while it was full price when /v/ were jizzing all over it.
>>
This is why I hate kickstarter shit, because it gives /v/ a million reasons to absolutely despise every single iota of the game, even if it's an okay game.

I have no stake in the success or failure of this game at all, it's just on my backlog to eventually play. I'll judge it by what's there when I do. Meanwhile /v/ will spend 3 months bitching because they dumped $100 into every kickstarter project they saw and are upset that they didn't get their wiiu port
>>
File: a34.jpg (61 KB, 1235x486) Image search: [Google]
a34.jpg
61 KB, 1235x486
>>333106462
>>
I had to take off my headphones multiple times just because how droning and annoying the ambiance can get. This happen to anyone else?
>>
>>333106628
>Kickstarter promise a lot of shit
>Met huge goals that promise content
>game didn't give them
They have every right to be pissed.
>>
File: 1404586830186.png (108 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1404586830186.png
108 KB, 600x600
>>333106667
I kept trying to remember "turn down the volume to 1 before you get the fourth whatever" and then I never remembered
>>
>>333106389

Nothing. Oceanhorn is better.

Oceanhorn is literally LttP with the Father as Zelda and Oceanhorn as Ganon.

Hyper Light Drifter is LttP if tools, alternate weapons, combat depth, good level design, good exploration, good music, and decent story were replaced with the ability to dash.
>>
>>333106790
Even if they do it's still the most fucking annoying thing ever. Every time a kickstarter game comes out there are a hundred million God damn threads picking it apart, whining, bitching, moaning, it's just fucking annoying. I just want to talk about video games not the shitty politics of crowdfunding
>>
>less than 6 hours long
>the secret things to find don't unlock anything, no other endings, bosses, etc, just purely added for OCD things to find
I finished it and loved it, but there just wasn't enough content for how much hype there was
>>
>>333106581

>better than oceanhorn

You just listed all the reasons it's worse than oceanhorn.

Not that that's wrong. Oceanhorn may be a pretty average game, but it's better than HLD.
>>
>>333105912

There is no legal obligations.

It's why KS is stupid and the people that support it should probably NOT
>>
>>333105480
>this game's basically evangelion without the giant robot fights.

>its basically Eva without the Evas

so in other words, it has as much in common with Evangelion as Super Mario Sunshine or Civ V do?
>>
WHAT WAS THE STORY ABOUT?
>>
File: cotd_email_1440578353_00030[1].jpg (40 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
cotd_email_1440578353_00030[1].jpg
40 KB, 390x219
>>333107238
No, it has the Evas. They're just window dressing.
>>
>>>/vg/

now fuck off
>>
>>333104808
whats eva?
>>
File: image.jpg (878 KB, 900x7202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
878 KB, 900x7202
>>333104808

If you pledged you deserve this. Kickstarter is worse than early access. Paying for shit that doesnt exist yet lol dumb fucks.
>>
>>333107375

Drifter has deathitis and is looking for a cure to his disease

everything else is, I shit you not, left intentionally 2deep4u because they couldn't be fucked to write an unambiguous story
>>
>>333107107
I should actually just clarify, yeah you get costumes and shit for finding the extra triangles, but nothing actually worthwhile. Was really expecting a second ending sequence considering how much narrative they tried to shove in the game.
>>
>>333104808
was there any official reply about missing content?
>>
>>333107052

We can talk about the game then.

>Gameplay
Exploration is shit, level design is poor, combat is fluid but extremely lacking.

>Replayability
Fucking none. NG+ is the same thing with less health.

>Music
Completely unmemorable and bland - it fits the game fine, but it doesn't add anything.

>Story
It's a poor story. They pretend not using words means it's "show, don't tell", but then they have no actual plot progression until the very end of the game, just backstory that's told to you through pictures. The story itself is about the dev's heart disease.

>Graphics
Better than most pixelshit, but it's still pixelshit. 30fps also had no real reason to happen.

>Controls
Gamepad: Acceptable. There's NO reason not to allow it to be customize-able, and there's little reason not to let right stick be aim.
KBM: Shit. They fucked all established convention and made up their own random control scheme without letting you change it.

To be honest, it's slightly above average, a 6/10 game, but no better than that.
>>
>>333104808
Gameplay elements we are missing from the different trailers they released:

>The ability to pilot mechs
>The factories that were supposed to be in the other 3 areas, including a mass titan production line, a factory for producing piloted mechs, and a bio-lab that where they grew crossbreeds and studied the biological giants the titan robots were supposed to fight.
>The titans, there were supposed to be more than ten of them, you were supposed to be able to find parts of different titans all over the place and even potentially use parts.
>Two bosses, one was supposed to be a beast master that would send animals after you, and the other was some kind of berserker with a giant axe and fire mane.
>A giant malfunctioning robot boss that you had to trick into destroying the room so it would destroy itself.
>Laser pillar enemies that were invincible but their 'targeting laser' was visible and you could dash through their field of vision, but they usually were placed in groups along a corridor.
>Some kind of powerplant that used geothermal energy, but the circuits to power the rest of the world were physically disconnected... until you came along
>Being able to summon swarms of robots to help you fight.
>A Cthulhu based biological weapon you had to fight.

The dev basically tried to make a game demo video with lots of awesome ideas he obviously took from other games and anime, tried to force his heart disease as a subplot for said game, and got the gamer equivalent of those rich bastards that pay a million dollars for a vertical line on a canvas to applaud and say it was a masterpiece.

Game as it was kickstartered would have been great, but this isn't even a game, and the fact that he tries to hide his shortcomings by claiming that SNES games didn't have text or deep story is just annoying as hell.
>>
>>333107238

Autism fight I know but it's more like Nausicaa than anything if you're talking about how giant monsters came out of nowhere, randomly died, and there seems to be one still sort of alive that's found deep under the earth.
>>
>>333107521

>game has been out for half a week
>hurr take it to /vg/

newfag
>>
>>333107725
>There's NO reason not to allow it to be customize-able, and there's little reason not to let right stick be aim
>this guy again
>>
>>333106462
what was in the game to offend is israeli sensibilities?
>>
File: 1383436375952.jpg (49 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1383436375952.jpg
49 KB, 616x699
>>333107375
The story, map, and characters were made to be intentionally ambiguous to make them seem deeper and more detailed than they actually are.
>>
File: d0d.jpg (67 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
d0d.jpg
67 KB, 1191x670
>>333107710

Yes.

From the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/1534048

>"I've had a few questions about content and stretch goals."

>"First: I feel we have done our very best to fulfill as much as we could humanly produce during the cycle. We got the challenge mode in, all of the levels we really wanted, a massive amount of music and sound and art, hired the people we needed. We even added a bonus soccer mini game! We made a huge game with a very small core team. We worked our bodies and souls and hearts out. We're satisfied with the end result, even if it is imperfect."

>"Second: Things change during productions. Ideas that seemed great at the time two and half years ago, become moot. Enemy designs changed, bosses changed, level layouts changed massively as we learned, grew as a team, skills become honed and everything is the better for it. We improved on every aspect each week. So, things like the shield, the crummy old UI, some bosses we ended up disliking (or morphed into something much better) changed over the course of two years. Again, this is part of the creative, iterative process, (especially when it's years of production) where we figure out what works and what doesn't; what we really like; what really fits with our game world."

So basically
>We're happy with it
>Even if it's not what we promised you
>So long, and thanks for all the shekels
>>
>>333105836
Yo, /vg/ here.

We found that you can splice different outfits in order to combine bonuses. For example, having the cloak equipped from one set while using the sword from another set will give you the bonuses of both sets. You only need one piece of the set to be equipped at any given time in order to gain its benefits.

No sets have any penalties that we are aware of.

>>333106305
Check out the general for a list of the bonuses, m8. Game isn't going to tell you jack shit.
>>
>>333107756
>claiming that SNES games didn't have text or deep story is just annoying as hell.

Did this actually happen? How did no one call him on that with fucking Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>333108183
>massive game

>3 hours of content

fucking lol
>>
File: 1453768202627.png (239 KB, 708x537) Image search: [Google]
1453768202627.png
239 KB, 708x537
>>333108183
>We even added a bonus soccer mini game!
>>
>>333108183
Wow, that's fucking amazing. Backers got shafted and they are not even trying to make a good excuse
>>
>>333108460
>there's no reward for completing it either, it's just for fun! :^)
>>
>>333107825

Probably not whatever guy you're thinking of, I haven't mentioned controls in all of my posts.

Gamepad is generally fine for everything.

Stick should be allowed to be shooting, but there's some "okay" arguments against it. I don't really care about this though.

There's literally no way anyone can justify not being allowed to customize the controls though. Again, literally zero reason not to allow a trigger button to be slash, or to allow a bumper button to be dash.

KBM is absolutely shit, and even if the game's designed around the Gamepad, they made some really fucking stupid design choices involving the mouse + dash direction that eschews everything anyone's ever become accustomed to in all other action games.
>>
Honestly the thing that annoys me is that there's little to no incentive to do all this extra exploration. Sure you can get new guns from the 8-module doors and the areas themselves are challenging, but finding all hidden pillars only gets you an outfit? Collecting keys barely gives you anything aside from unlocking the arena, which itself doesn't even reward you greatly for passing all the sections.
I had assumed that the pillars would have unlocked some really cool extra area but that must have been more content they dropped.
>>
>>333107783

>it's more like Nausicaa

You're absolutely right, I just couldn't think of the name of the anime when I put in the post.
>>
>>333106538
Thing is you can get all of that from just watching videos of it on Youtube and downloading high rez screenshots. There are only a handful of visually 'cool' parts in the game, most of it is just repeat of the same hallways in different configurations.

There is a lab part that has a bunch of dead bodies floating in the water, then when you take an elevator up to the top of the lake you can see those same bodies.

The titans look cool.

The bosses look pretty cool.

The cannibal frog section is interesting.

But those are a few screenshots in an entire game of bumping against walls and trying to dash across gaps, when the entire thing is usually a red herring and you needed to get there from another screen.
>>
File: 2016-02-21_00003.jpg (429 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-21_00003.jpg
429 KB, 1920x1080
Thinking about refunding Hyper Light Drifter and just going back to Rabi-Ribi.
>>
>>333104808
anyone get x360ce to work on the GOG version? It just doesn't work for me.
>>
>>333108603

Silly anon, getting all the keys gives you the challenge mode.

Don't worry about the Boss Rush, Speed Running, Leveling up, or co-op for this mode, you don't need it. I know it was promised, but it's better for you this way.

Just enjoy it like a good little goy.
>>
>>333108221
I thought that the NG+ set decreased your max health?
>>333108301
He said it in an interview. You can check the wiki, the kickstarter, or anything else with him in it and it will mention how he lovingly attempted to capture the 'textless' style and theme of the old SNES games that he played as a young man.
>>
Wasn't there some kind of backer-only gameplay change? Like the character had a different moveset and a dog head, what's with that?
>>
>>333109106
Ah yes, that's right. I didn't think of that because I had thought of it as just an entirely different game mode. My mistake.

Well, amend my statement then to say that "none of the NORMAL outfits have any penalties that we are aware of."

Thanks m8.
>>
>>333109106
He could probably afford one game for the snes and it happened to be another world
>>
>>333109114

Anibus Drifter.

>3 Health
>Can link 3 dashes together without Chain Dash upgrade before endlag
>Sword swings have more reach but are narrower

That's it.
>>
File: SnappyShabbyAgouti.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SnappyShabbyAgouti.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>333109114
Here's a brief gameplay webm.
>>
>>333109336

>dev only played another world

THIS EXPLAINS FUCKING EVERYTHING
>>
>>333109381
Huh
How use?

>>333109481
Yeah that's the one
>>
>>333109597

>how use

The fuck are you saying?

If you mean "How do I play as her" you have to have the code from being a kickstarter backer and then beat the game normally to unlock her.

Otherwise, you have to wait either:
>For 6 months when she becomes DLC
>For someone to crack it (anti-pirate measure is making it difficult, will probably happen tuesday or wednesday)
>>
>>333109381
>Can link 3 dashes together without Chain Dash upgrade before endlag
can't normal drifter do that too?
>>
On the one hand, I'm enjoying the game, and glad I backed it. But I did feel like the game was supposed to be more than it was.
>>
>>333109870

Not the way she can.

I wish I had a webm of it.
>>
File: moonman.jpg (59 KB, 577x409) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
59 KB, 577x409
>isometric game with realtime combat

WIPE THIS MEME OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH
>>
File: 896.png (443 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
896.png
443 KB, 720x540
>>333104808
>>333109978

I GOT A GOOD DRINKING GAME IF YOU WANT TO GET ALCOHOL POISONING

Watch the original trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VslU2On9kkU

Every time you see something in the trailer that's not in the game, take a drink.
>>
Where is my wii u version
It's the only reason I donated in the first place
REEEEEEE
>>
has it occurred to anyone that the devs actually did put in everything they were promising but just

hid it?
>>
>>333111134
>take a drink

anon
>>
>>333111134

>drink whenever something in the trailer's not in the game

jesus anon, even russia doesn't have enough vodka for that
>>
>>333111191

Yes.

Then they posted this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/1534048

And now we know that all the backers got screwed hard

kek
>>
>>333111191
no because the game is completely uncompressed
>>
>>333110995
We need more of this you dumb faggot.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>333110995

>Link's Awakening
>Meme
>>
Remember kids. 3000 dollar game machines for this. 3 fucking 000 dollars.
>>
>>333112567

>3000 dollar game machines for this

I actually have no idea what you just said.

If you mean pc, then it's playable on a low-end pc with a working graphics card (just use windowed mode).
>>
>>333107783
All things considered Eva was influenced by Nausicaa and early screens of this game had an enemy that was literally just Sachiel. Not sure if it's still in as I haven't played past the first half hour.
>>
File: 1445741014997.png (351 KB, 346x349) Image search: [Google]
1445741014997.png
351 KB, 346x349
>>333110995
>Ys
>Meme
>>
SJW game
don't buy
>>
>literally no issues with any cut content or shit
>but can't stand 30fps
>>
>>333113367
>>333112314
Do you know what isometric means?
>>
>>333112767
He's implying that people buy high end PCs to play pixel games, you dense retard
>>
So it's actually shit?

Damn...
>>
>>333110995
Divine Divinity was fine.

>>333114605
Hyper Light Drifter isn't isometric.
>>
>>333114883
I just beat it about half an hour ago. I dunno man, I really enjoyed myself. I think I'll start up NG+ tomorrow.
>>
>>333114883
It's mediocre, not shit. Functional and the aesthetic is novel, if nothing else.

Not worth $20 considering the length, though.
>>
>>333115327
>western numale pixelshit is new
>>
Anybody else having crashing issues?

I havent been able to make any progress after the north boss because it keeps crashing
>>
just play westerado
>>
File: Fucking for real.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fucking for real.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
KEK
>>
>>333115473
Hyper-saturation and visual noise out the asshole is, for an indie action game.
>>
>>333107238
>implying evas = robots
>>
>>333115579
>John Walker
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>333115579
>bullet hell

wew LAD
>>
File: 1447035902821.jpg (13 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1447035902821.jpg
13 KB, 228x221
>>333105265
It's not Fez 2
Fez had all the collectables at least unlocking a full ending. This doesn't even have that.
>>
File: Really now.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Really now.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>people actually thought this would be good

It looked like garbage from day one. It advertised itself as a callback to Sega Megadrive games and yet it retains that generic over-saturated indie pixel art that resembles NO era in video games except this modern, uninspired era of pretentious, ambiguous but ultimately meaningless nonsense.
>>
>>333116075
To be fair, the game it was reminding me most of was Beyond Oasis from the megadrive/genesis. The combat feels somewhat similar, along with the ambience and some of the level design.
>>
File: 1417390237348.jpg (9 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1417390237348.jpg
9 KB, 240x250
>>333116075
>heard /v/ talking about Hyper Light Drifter
>holy fuck that name sounds hype as fuck
>holy shit this MC looks hype as fuck, this HAS to be a hype ass 2d sidescroller fast paced action game
>watch the first commercial
>it's top bottom walking around looking at stuff
I wasn't on board with this thing since day 1.
Granted now that I've played it it's much more action oriented than I thought it'd be but it's gameplay is so fucking simplistic and surprise surprise you spend a majority of the game walking and looking at stuff.
>>
people keep falling for kickstarter scams 5 years later

why?
>>
>>333108301
It was even mentioned in game informer. It's obviously just a way to cover up laziness
>>
>>333117210
This one is a few years old, the bubble has burst.
>>
File: Welp.png (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Welp.png
243 KB, 1920x1080
>>333115579

game's beatable with literally no upgrades in less than 7 hours - pic related

john walker is the fucking plebiest shit on the planet

fuck, if it's so goddamn tough, you can go to the other lands and collect credits to upgrade yourself and then take on the boss later

ALSO he went to Harvey Birdman first, not Pepe.
>>
>Stretch Goals

>I've had a few questions about content and stretch goals.

>First: I feel we have done our very best to fulfill as much as we could humanly produce during the cycle. We got the challenge mode in, all of the levels we really wanted, a massive amount of music and sound and art, hired the people we needed. We even added a bonus soccer mini game! We made a huge game with a very small core team. We worked our bodies and souls and hearts out. We're satisfied with the end result, even if it is imperfect.
>>
>>333118613
>Second: Things change during productions. Ideas that seemed great at the time two and half years ago, become moot. Enemy designs changed, bosses changed, level layouts changed massively as we learned, grew as a team, skills become honed and everything is the better for it. We improved on every aspect each week. So, things like the shield, the crummy old UI, some bosses we ended up disliking (or morphed into something much better) changed over the course of two years. Again, this is part of the creative, iterative process, (especially when it's years of production) where we figure out what works and what doesn't; what we really like; what really fits with our game world.

>Third: some of these goals are still in the works, such as the art book with featured artists, the b-sides album (Disasterpeace is just finishing his pass on the actual OST to be released SOON).

>We did miss some things, for different reasons:

> Coop: we made a hard decision very late in production that it was just too unstable to ship with this feature. We plan to tackle this soon, and if we do end up with a great version of it, will release it down the line as a free patch for everyone. It requires a fair amount of play testing and bug fixing that just wasn't possible within our timeline.
> Online Challenge mode: this is nightmare feature to implement. We decided to avoid delaying the game any further and drop any network integration. We feel it was the best call, as we have seen other games get delayed by months for a feature that is not vital to the core experience.
>>
File: l2fdwg1.jpg (53 KB, 680x550) Image search: [Google]
l2fdwg1.jpg
53 KB, 680x550
>>333118613

>we got the challenge mode in

>Details on the Challenge Mode
>This mode will have several mix-up mini quests for you to test your skills at; you'll have wave-based challenges where you fight off increasingly difficult hordes to see how long you can survive as you level up, boss rush runs, speed runs and other odd modes that wouldn't typically fit in the main game. All will have a scoring mechanism that unlocks achievements, plus we are working on local co-op for this mode.

I'm not even angry about it - I'm straight up impressed how he can say it with a straight face.
>>
>>333108098
Not enough land to conquer controlled by poorly armed cavemen hiding in schools.
>>
File: Hyper Light Drifter NG+.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Hyper Light Drifter NG+.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>333115579
kek, indiebabbies expected a walking simulator and got an actual game
>>
>>333105480
>giant robot fights
What giant robots? :^)
>>
File: 1396185207873.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1396185207873.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
So, what is this? It looks like your normal everyday indie garbage. What makes this so special?
>>
>>333115579
>gigantic faggot who somehow likes Gone Home but hates Mist and is terrible at video games in general doesn't like Hyper Cut Content Drifter

what a surprise
>>
>>333119519
I dunno. I never heard of it until they did some crossover special with the Shantae kickstarter that was running at the same time. Never really paid it any attention then, and after the kickstarter ended I never heard anything about it again until it just came out.

>tfw Shantae still isn't out
>>
So ignoring kickstarter promises not fulfilled and the integrity of whoever's developing the game and any dumb internet drama/controversy that no one gives a shit about, and purely looking at the game itself, is it fun? is it worth its price on Steam? I just saw this game and it looked interesting.
>>
>>333119698
>and it looked interesting.

You actually like the ugly artstyle?
>>
This shit isn't even worth pirating. Save your bandwidth
>>
>>333119698
Yes it's fun
Yes I think it's worth the money because for fuck's sake 18 bucks really isn't that much money
It has some flaws, kinda buggy in places, and the music will randomly get unnecessarily loud when you see big impressive-looking vistas so I'd avoid headphones, but it's pretty damn fun to play
>>
I beat it in about 11 hours and didn't 100 percent it. I had a lot of fun. Bought it on a whim, played it all last night and some of today. 8/10. Solid little game.
>>
>>333119818
I don't think it's ugly, but beauty is subjective, and yes I like it.
>>
>>333119990
>for fuck's sake 18 bucks really isn't that much money

Oh shit, someone told me it was like $30. I'll probably get it sometime before the current sale ends then.
>>
>>333119698
You spend most of the game mashing attack and win by dashing all over the place. When you die you basically go back a couple feet and try again. Also it can become irritating as fuck if you don't like hugging walls constantly to find hidden paths where 90% of the upgrade points lie. And you DO want those upgrade points.
I found it boring as fuck and definitely not difficult, no idea where this meme is coming from. You just die a lot, but spawn back maybe a screen away.
>>
>>333105265
But anon, Fez 2 was cancelled due to misogynistic harassment.
>>
>>333119698
>is it worth its price on Steam?
>is it worth its price on Steam?

Answer to this question - NO.
>>
>>333120160
>>333119990
>>333119698

No, it's not worth $18.

I'd pay maybe $10.

But it's hardly worth playing to be honest.
>>
>>333120019
Are you glad that supported kikes who were more than happy to run away with money without making any of the stretch goals?

Glad you enjoyed yet another indie game that borrows and outright copies shit from previous series and franchises though.
>>
>>333104808
I hate this fucking game and I'm ashamed to have backed it.

The only good parts of the game are the visuals and the audio, but god damn the actual gameplay suffers so bad.

You feel stiff as fuck. Like, swordplay, gunplay, dashing around and just moving in general feels like you're so fucking stiff the entire time. You can't seem to cancel out of animations and everything feels so sluggish when youre trying to fight.

Encounters feel poorly designed, just slap tons of enemies in an area and maybe annoy the player with some gimmick bullshit floor moving patterns. Most of the time it just feels like a constant battle to get into a position to get one hit in so I don't get gang banged by a billion enemies.

Getting hit leads to some fucking utter horseshit chainstuns and instadeaths where an enemy will hit you, knock you down and then everyone just gang bangs your ass before you can do anything about it. The same thing tends to happen if you have to heal in combat because it takes so long to do that and often times you're just gonna get fucked again trying to recover because you'll get the chain stun shit again.

The pistol is trash. Nuclear throne's aiming did a much better job. Why the fuck cant the right thumb stick be used to aim instead? That would have made using the gun more enjoyable.

Drifting/dashing feels awkward. There's some weird weight to it and you can't dash through enemies or attacks, so it takes some getting used to with that. Chain dash feels awkward, like a series of short teleport steps instead of a continual movement. The reflective dash doesn't seem to work half the time either.

Some enemies are designed well, others not so much. One of the most annoying are the large plants that attack way too fucking often and can hurl themselves halfway across the screen in a single bound. They have a huge health pool and can knock you down leading to stupid chain shitting.

(cont)
>>
>>333120960
git gud
>>
>>333109481
gee willy, 2 robots?
>>
>>333120960
>are the visuals

They look like generic indie garbage. It's an eyesore to look at. The fact that the game touted itself as a callback to the 16-bit era only rubs salt into the wounds.
>>
>>333120960

I agree with you that the gameplay is poor - especially in regards to how bad endlag is on EVERYTHING, I disagree that the audio is good (it's average at best), but you really do sound like you just need to play better.
>>
>>333120960
(cont)

Exploration feels like a fucking chore. Most of the time its just "rub your face against the wall to find the secret passageway!" with no real indication that something is there. It gets old real quick.

Exploration also suffers because of non-indicated invisible platforms. The game makes sure that a lot of areas look like there will be some kind of hidden platform you can dash to in the air, so you wind up taking hits just because you want to look around. In town you can hit RB to throw some kind of rock or hotdog or whatever the fuck thats supposed to be, but for some reason where that'd be useful you're not allowed to do it so instead you have to hurl yourself off the edge.

The "story" fucking sucks. The trailers hyped you up to fighting these massive robots just for them to get killed right in the opening, so you wind up wandering aimlessly in a world where evertyhing is pretty much OK for the moment with no clear goal. There's no urgency to get anything done. Then you start finding things and get treated to unexplained recycled shit from the intro. This all leads up to an underwhelming ending.

The game feels like a fucking rushjob and it's a shame that I sank five hundred dollary doos backing this piece of shit, esp. with the cut content.

>>333121165
Heart machine should have done that and made a better game.
>>
>>333121320
The lag on shit just ruins it for me. I fucking hate it so much, the demo didn't feel like this at all. Speaking of which, where the fuck is the powered up weapon gimmick that was in the demo? I got the bird and the frog bosses down already and i'm halfway through crystal and still haven't seen that shit.
>>
>>333121207
>They look like generic indie garbage.
thats like, your opinion, man. Personally the visuals remind me of abstract 70's scifi, but with some anime influence.
>>
>>333121459

>Non-indicated invisible platforms

On the one hand, if you're near an invisible platform, your robot beeps and has a question mark above it's head, and you can hold Y to see all the platforms. So you really, really do need to get good at learning the game.

On the other hand, you're right, it's still shit design, since you basically have to hug every single fucking LEDGE in the game to find all the invisible platforms (the robot only beeps when you're really close), so it's still just wall hugging.

Heart machine found a way to include wall hugging even when there's no walls, so I suppose they should be commended for that at least.
>>
>>333108183
>We're satisfied with the end result, even if it is imperfect.
They act like that's what people care about. "I paid into the kickstarter hoping to fund this cool area, and I was upset that the devs didn't get to finish it, but now I know that they don't want to do it and I feel better."
>>
>>333121617

>powered up weapon

They took it out.

Along with the shield mechanic. (They could have easily made the sword charge the shield when you hit enemies)

They also ADDED lag to a lot of shit. That dash in the first trailer? ZERO FUCKING ENDLAG.
>>
File: 1377971921258.gif (724 KB, 446x250) Image search: [Google]
1377971921258.gif
724 KB, 446x250
>>333110995
>isometric
>>
>>333122002
God damnit. I don't have anything to look forward to in this game do I? Just "gitgud" memes and then drifter just dying for no fucking reason at all
>>
>>333122002
the shield was integrated into the dash upgrade, and they made you able to deflect bullets with a sword upgrade
>>
>>333122168
That's not true. You can also look forward to the non-ending of the game and the constant crashes and black screens.

>>333122173

>shield was integrated into the dash mechanic

NOPE.

Shield originally deflected ALL damage, melee, projectile, or other.

Currently, the dash upgrade (which is fucking buggy) only reflects projectiles, along with the sword.
>>
File: modern ar rt t-.png (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
modern ar rt t-.png
52 KB, 1920x1080
>>333121459
>500 cellulose currency carpets
>for one game
>>
So now after the dust has settled. /v/ was once again right about a game. Hyper Light Drifter is the SJW indie pixel pile of shit game pandering to furrys that we all expected. Its just a huge EVA ripoff.

I just want to thank my homies from the last days who united with me and backed up against the SJW shill propaganda.

keep up the good fight and take care of yourself. The indie developer warchest is huge granted by jewmoney from kikestarter so the Shills are everywhere and everyone. Dont trust anyone even yourself.
>>
>>333121459
>that I sank five hundred dollary doos backing this piece of shit
what is wrong with you
>>
>>333110995
> isometric

protip: don't use technical terms you think you know the meaning of but can't actually explain why the name means what you think it does.
>>
File: fuck you.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Alright. I just started playing this game and I'm about 30 minutes in and I've already encountered a ball busting puzzle. How in the fuck do are you intended to beat this shit? I use two heals to even make it to the platform and every time I fuck up and fall in the water on the way back but it doesn't seem feasible regardless because I only have one heal for the entire trek back. Also for whatever reason I can't take screenshots so I had to find a streamer who was at the same area
>>
>>333122706
>>333122902
The game looked amazing and came during a really bad part in my life, so I clung to it in hopes that it would be amazing and wanted to fund it. I had so much fucking faith in Heart Machine to make a good game, and I just kinda said fuck it and threw a big number at it hoping it'd help.
>>
>>333123094
>do are you
shit whoops
>>
>>333123094
Gotta chain dash that, but even then the controls are so shitty that youre going to fuck up several times. If you get low don't bother using a medkit, just suicide and try again. Thank god that thing a little up and right from there counts as a checkpoint.
>>
File: dispair.gif (1 MB, 290x145) Image search: [Google]
dispair.gif
1 MB, 290x145
>all these kuckstarter donators trying to keep people from enjoying the game

Like everything else that comes out, I barely looked at any trailers and waited until the reviews started before making a decision. Nobody gives a fuck about your wasted money.
>>
File: hyper light drifter 2.png (528 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
hyper light drifter 2.png
528 KB, 1600x900
>>333123437
>tfw kickstarted at the lowest game tier, and just left it alone till it was finished
>tfw fairly happy with the game, even if i'm a bit disappointed that trailer stuff wasnt included

maybe im just easy to please.

also how the fuck do you open this door
>>
File: 1402248292927.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1402248292927.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>333122113
>>333122902
No, it actually is isometric. In a 3D environment, parallel lines should converge to a single vanishing point, but in a pseudo-3D one like this, they remain parallel forever. That's the definition of isometric projection vs perspective projection. It doesn't have to be a grid viewed from a diagonal to be isometric. The grid can also be head-on like this game.
>>
>>333123185

> hipster depindie pixelshit
> good looking

yeah it must have been a bad part of your life
>>
>>333123887
nvm found it
>>
>>333123887

You don't, you go around.

Yes, it's fucking bullshit.

Like a lot of the game.
>>
>>333123923
keep digging the hole deeper, retard.
there are tons of different non-perspective projections, and while isometric is one of them, it's not the one that HLD uses.

come back when you figure out why you're wrong and willing to apologize for your brazen ignorance.
>>
>>333124129
I found it.

I never thought that id find a game that rewarded my Doom and DN3D wall humping skills!
>>
>>333123437

>implying I gave any money to heart malfunction

Honestly, it was hardly worth pirating.>>333123094
>>
>>333124225
>pirating

you're right that it's prolly not worth the download but here it is if you want it

http://uloz.to/xUQRfPBz/hyperlightdrifter-winnodrm-4-1-2016-cutcontentrestorationpatch-7z
>>
File: Graphical_projection_comparison.png (2 MB, 4550x4550) Image search: [Google]
Graphical_projection_comparison.png
2 MB, 4550x4550
>>333123923
> hurr de hurr, it's isometric

faggot confirmed for having zero understanding of CAD, drafting, etc.
>>
>>333124225
you need a certain upgrade to get through that. It took me like 10 seconds to figure that out nigger
>>
>>333121459
On that note, you should share all the kickstarter crap posted on their kickstarter to feel good. Also, im really curious what they were posting during those 3 years
>>
>>333125171

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter

Honestly, I don't think much of it, or even any of it, is backer only.

At least they did that right.
>>
>>333121459
>and it's a shame that I sank five hundred dollary doos backing this piece of shit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
holy wow that Western boss
>>
>>333106538
You'll like it, based off what you said. Combat is good. Better than LTTP even.
>>
>>333118105

I did the bird before the frog and did ok. No upgrades for the first one, too.
>>
holy SHIT fuck the PC-dashing controls.

I'm in the Crystal-Spike Challenge dungeon in the Western area (past the 8-part door) and its fucking terrible.

If anyone wants a script for the 800-dash unlock in the Dashing Practice room just ask - and avoid getting carpel tunnel
>>
>>333126242
I did Western first.

How is he vs the other bosses? Western was okay imo - you just attack 2-3x after his 2-sword combo (which becomes a 3-sword combo when hes sub 50% hp) and then just shoot at him when he stands still.

Also make him destroy his own crystals.
>>
>game thanks Zoe Quinn and Anita in the credits
You have 10 seconds to explain why you're still supporting this SJW garbage
>>
>>333124192
>wall humping skills!
As much as I enjoy parts of the game - i fucking HATE this.

I prefer secret areas that are found via inspection - and NOT wall-humping 24/7
>>
>>333126937
Western is probably the hardest boss next to bullet hell in the south.
>>
>>333127035

Because I literally don't give a shit about that drama
>>
>>333126937
Id say hes the hardest so far for me- the North boss was tough but mostly a twitch dodge on his magic attacks, and the gun was very useful on him. Eastern Boss was a Joke.

havent gone south yet. West though, he's fast, up close, and hits hard.
>>
File: fuckthis.jpg (340 KB, 1882x869) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.jpg
340 KB, 1882x869
>>333126824
This place is hell
>>
>>333127640
just chain dash nigga
>>
>>333127829
>chain dash on PC
I've been practicing forever - and I know that the first 3 dashes are slow and after that its the same timing.

But still cant do it.
>>
>>333104808
>start game
>30 fps instantly noticable and annoying. Why would you constrain a game's framerate when teh game requires no power to run?
>get gun
>aiming is done with the left stick, as is walking
>can't rebind

deleted. thank god i found out about 30 fps and didn't buy. video games that do two things fundamentally wrong within three minutes of play are fucking wretched.
>>
>>333127901
then just practice some more senpai.
>>
>>333127901
hint- the way to get a nice start is dash, and right before the dash finishes, dash again, and then again and it should put you in a dashing rythm

its best to practice the timing for the start in the dash room
>>
>>333107710
>>333108183
For someone that did not back the kickstarter and did not follow the development at all, but KNEW about it back when the kickstarter was life, but just the basics.... Realistically, how upset should I be about "cut content"? I know, cutting any content is shitty, but, I also understand projects evolving and changing?

Is there honestly anything in there that was cut that seems like it was just lazy?
>>
I honestly didn't believe this game was ever coming out. It did, and I got it, and got assmad at the chicken-warlock boss in the North.

I think the music should be better. The indie retro pixel wave we're getting has high standards for music and HLD doesn't meet it. The creeping ominous droning is appropriate for exploring, but when I start laying on the buttfuck I need something better.

The controls feel good with a x360 controller. It feels snappy enough that I feel like I have some agency in fights.

The story makes jack all sense. The fucking slideshow conversations is a cool idea, I guess, but I'm honestly head-canon'ing that the Drifter's blood-cough disease has made the language center in his brain fuck off and now he just sock-puppets things in his head.

The game is decently difficult where if you are getting killed all the time, by the time you learn how to not get killed, you feel like a badass.
>>
>>333127160

bullet hell guy in the south is easy when you realize all you need to do is dash up to him while he's summoning the little things and use a charge slash to kill all of them in one shot

then all he does is fly around and occasionally do a dash attack which is very easy to dodge
>>
>>333107756
All this and faggots will still become apologists for it.
>>
>>333128548
cut content should only bother you as much as you care. I only paid the base backer tier, so i get the game and the PDF, and thats it. I'm kind of upset, but I still like the game because it's fun, so whatever. this IS the kind of thing that happens in game development. the difference is that Kickstarter development usually being an open book, means that you get to see all the nifty stuff that got left oyu, that with a big dev like say, Capcom, you wouldnt see until years later when someone hacks the game, or some obscure beta comes out
>>
>>333128837
Fair enough, thank you for your response. I've just heard that they seemed like they cut Bosses (even bosses that people paid money into their kickstarter?? is this true?) that were supposed to be in for no reason or enemies or whatever and, being that I didn't follow the development, I don't feel any loss of this. I've got my moneys worth out of the game for sure and, while it isn't a perfect game, it has been fun and addicting and an interesting take on the medium. It's given me some feels and flashbacks to Journey and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
>>
>>333108165
funny, I saw it a bit straightforward

>4 advanced furry races united to open some sort of gate, the jackal and his diamond thing.
>This leads to catastrophe and unleashing of their giant titan robots
>world deals with titan robots and catastrophe
>time goes by, life goes on
>Jackal is still stuck and wants to get back into his realm
>He guides drifters to complete this task
>You are the drifter that succeeds.
>Jackal rewards you with nothing, because he doesn't care, he's home now.
>>
Maybe if all the areas didn't play exactly the same I wouldn't be disappointed. Once you play one, you know exactly what to expect for the others.
>>
>>333129182
>flashbacks to journey

go fuck yourself dude. journey runs at 60 fps.
>>
>>333126824
>>333127640
I just beat this part, wasn't that bad. The fire and invisible platforms in the East are far worse, at least you can heal most of the time in the spikes.

The room full of enemies afterwards was a dick move, but you just have to dash right back to the safe spot before it and let them all kill themselves.
>>
>>333117210
Because they just look at the Kickstarter games that managed to be okay and go "see this one might work".

Which is horrible when you think about it. Even if they're not the majority countless games and projects funded end with "and then the game never came out/was fucking terrible". But then people post like the three decent Kickstarter games of the year and everyone relaxes and goes "oh see it's fine Kickstarter games are super duper guys".

The entire Kickstarter system is a fucking joke. On paper there's nothing wrong with the idea that people can collectively give money to smaller projects that would otherwise go unfunded but that's not reality.

The reality is these people are so fucking terrible at running a business (and that's what any indie dev team is part of) that they can't find anyone to invest in their horrible ideas. Do investors of real games know what makes a game good or bad? Fuck no but at least these early small teams managed to convince people to give funding. With Kickstarter you don't have to show anything other than "hey look at this cool thing" and people will flock to it because they're not shelling out $500k to make a profit they're giving out $20 for a game they want.

So you end up with people who either A) would never have been able to convince anyone to fund their game or B) Have never touched money of that degree before in their lives and since it's crowdfunded with nobody to handle the money they can't allocate funds correctly and just fucking waste it (grant you that's more incompetence than anything but that's not an excuse).

Kickstarter is built on handing money to the "idea guy". Oh sure maybe he'll end up shooting past your hopes but most of the time you're waiting months on the edge of your seat wondering if he's ran off with it or the game will be shit or what and that's why I would never trust any Kickstarter campaign no matter how much I'd trust the dev in question.
>>
>>333129182
well the kickstarter pitch shows a bunch of ideas, it shows a couple of bosses and mechanics that did not make it into the final game for one reason or another. obviously, people paid because they wanted to see those. so its legit to be upset that stretch goals that people paid extra to see reached- were left out, but at the same time, nothing wrong with not caring and liking the game regardless. i dont know why people keep expecting the fucking Sistine chapel out of kickstarter. Kickstarter is usually- literally just a randome dude or dudes, who decide they want to make a videogame and make a living out of it. so they factor in costs for the work, such as how much people get paid, (since its usually all freelance artists that contribute and want to get paid) and all that stuff. Contrary to what it seems, it is not "an investment" like the image of a board of directors sitting at a table. it's a donation like Patreon, only it's a one time sum you are giving towards a guy's project, instead of Capcom giving a budget to say, Clover, for Viewtiful Joe.

in many cases, people should be happy it came out at all. there's plenty of kickstarters that started out with loads of promise but then are either vaporware, or the devs cut and run with the money.

Like the 90's Arcade Racer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/896834116/the-90s-arcade-racer

or that Yogscast game.
>>
>>333129918
>in many cases, people should be happy it came out at all.
It coming out means it's subject to regular criticism of the design process, the advertisement involved and the final game. This is a warranted discussion, that's being handled reasonably and honestly should be something people could take for granted.

It not coming out means the devs should be fucking crucified.
>>
>>333129918
>or that Yogscast game.

I like how they've ran off with all that money and that's basically it.

They got all that money and most people end up never being heard from again when they steal like that. But nobody gave a remote fuck.
>>
>>333104808
it's referred to as NGE, not EVA you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>333128837
>this IS the kind of thing that happens in game development

Capcom doesn't promise me jack shit if I buy their games.

There's a very minor difference (being told you're going to get something) between shit getting cut and shit you were promised getting cut.
>>
>>333129918
I mean, I'm happy with HLD, but I did not back it so I honestly don't even know what stretch goals weren't included. It is shitty that they missed some though, even if I have no idea what they were.
>>
how many times will kickstarter games need to be a massive disappointment for people to wake the fuck up
it's honestly surprising that funded games even make it to a full release anymore much less actually include their stretch goals if they got any
>>
>>333130163
well noone saying it isnt a warranted discussion, but fact is there's certain expectations to be had in check. And if you overly hyped yourself for a kickstarted indie game and got burned, you really only have yourself to blame.

>>333130309
well thats the difference. kickstarter has to sell you it's pitch. Capcom just does that selling internally and eventually puts something out and hopes it is well received. but that doesnt change how game development works, and that doesnt change the fact that something that was in early development might not make it into the final game
>>
Okay I'm loosing my mind. There is one frag left in east I need, it's below the part of the map with the two stairs leading down. I've been there before, but I cannot find it again.
>>
I played it and had fun, but I was really upset to see all of the features that they promised but didn't add.

This game could have been so much more, so much wasted potential.
>>
Pixel graphics unoriginal derivative garbage for hyperhipsters and cucklords.

If you like this trash, go into your kitchen, get a butter knife, and slit your wrists because the world will be better without you.
>>
File: hyper light.png (537 KB, 1068x419) Image search: [Google]
hyper light.png
537 KB, 1068x419
>>
>>333131869
>buzzword buzzword buzzword edge edge edge
>>
>>333131869

don't do this it makes mustard gas
>>
File: 1459709368484.jpg (205 KB, 708x674) Image search: [Google]
1459709368484.jpg
205 KB, 708x674
>>333132141
what the fuck
is this what marketing has come to
>>
Pretty good, could be better. 3/5
>>
>>333132441

thats not a girl
>>
>>333104808

Just beat this game, shit was fucking cash. 9/10

I only got two of the corners in the south region and didn't get any corners in any of the other regions. Also never figured out what the server-like monoliths were for. How much did I miss?
>>
>>333133251
8 shards to open a door for a cape/sword/drone set, except East which is a bouncing shotgun
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>333133459

wow it's fucking nothing

also what was with the areas that needed a key, what in the fuck
>>
File: 1459472773012.jpg (61 KB, 1097x597) Image search: [Google]
1459472773012.jpg
61 KB, 1097x597
>>333130728
Be more specific?
>>
>>333133251

>missed corners

Missed out on some random weapons, gear, and challenging rooms but nothing too fantastically different except for maybe the skylab.

>never figured out the server monoliths

You get a brown coat for getting all of them. Figuring them out I think involves some complicated cryptology that isn't worth doing and has already been done -- just some vague messages that are supposed to explain the story but don't really.
>>
>>333133539
each area has four keys
so sixteen total
keys usually open doors for shards
example in East, the upper part of the 3 lock door has a hidden door with a seven(?) key lock
>>
>>333132141
Sauce?
>>
>>333133724

where in the FUCK were those keys? I thought I was pretty thorough
>>
>>333132141
pfff
>>
>>333130728

I know exactly what you're talking about. Assuming you mean the one on the bottom left of the above-ground map.

It's cheap and hidden behind some wall in the northeast part of the room. If you're looking at a map online showing where it is in that specific area, it's wrong.
>>
>>333104808
>Compare the game to EVA here
>Compare the game to
>EVA
>EVA
>EVA

>Compare too

someone explain this shit to me right now before i slap someones mother
>>
>>333104808
>Never minding the fact that the game and all the stretch goals are two years late.
of the handful of kickstarter games that actually released did ANY of them come out on time?

Expeditions conquistador was the closest I think, it was supposed to come out in January 2013 and came out 4 months late in May.
>>
>>333133815
keys in the east?
one below the teleporter zone, you shoot a button off screen on the right
one in the 3 lock door room, I believe right next to the explosive containers
one way up in an elevator room next to the giant sword, I forget where it's hidden
one top of the map on the C looking block from map view
>>
File: HLD_Map_1.0.png (2 MB, 3268x2312) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Map_1.0.png
2 MB, 3268x2312
OP of the last /vg/ thread here, are we just going to constantly make threads in /v/ now? Nobody made another thread while I was asleep and it died.

>>333133724
>>333133815
I updated my maps a bit to be a little more correct on area placement, some minor adjustments were made, stuff like the key/3shard door in the West were corrected, etc etc

http://imgur.com/a/ybMHO

Will also be testing stuff I've heard about color sets tonight and posting comparison webms, like if the yellow set makes your run speed faster.
>>
>the world map isn't a titan's head
>>
>>333134280

this map makes me feel retarded for missing so much stuff
>>
File: 20160402060156_1.jpg (262 KB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
20160402060156_1.jpg
262 KB, 1912x1072
I enjoyed it for what it was, I kickstarted it ages ago though so the hole in my wallet isn't fresh enough for me to care.

I'm more amused at babbies like John Walker complaining about the bosses than the game itself.
>>
File: pig vidya dead.jpg (142 KB, 1041x367) Image search: [Google]
pig vidya dead.jpg
142 KB, 1041x367
>>333108183
Welcome to vidya in 2016. Quit now.
>>
File: frogs.jpg (49 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
frogs.jpg
49 KB, 640x560
This game felt a lot like Dark Souls 1 sometimes, anyone else get that?

Wish the combat was a bit better, it feels good, but could feel a lot better
>>
File: hyper.jpg (93 KB, 748x456) Image search: [Google]
hyper.jpg
93 KB, 748x456
>>333118994
i found this fight actually gets easier the less hp the boss has
>>
>>333133786
arekusa mahone
>>
>>333134438
I'm also a backer and have legitimate grievances for this game that went unacknowledged by that fucking man child.
Where do they find those insufferable fuckers that can't do anything, and then hire them?
>>
>>333119698

yes, it's worth 17 bucks or whatever, it's a nice game

or you could pirate it like I did, but it's worth the money
>>
File: 48hours.jpg (21 KB, 264x281) Image search: [Google]
48hours.jpg
21 KB, 264x281
>>333134362
I've put quite a bit of time into running into walls, also collaborating with others to find that damn central monolith in the East area.

>>333134438
Same, it was so long ago that I legitimately did not even remember the things they promised in order to get mad at them not being there. My only takeaway on beating it the first time was that it was a little shorter than I had hoped - was expecting/hoping for a full underground region after you beat the 4 cardinal directions.
>>
>>333134438
Once you have abilities the bosses become really easy though.
>>
Can you make a pic with all the cut content from the kickstarter teasers?
>>
>>333134628

Now I feel slightly less retarded
>>
>>333134603
See the problem with the devs promising things and then not delivering is there is literally no way for the people who they promised these things to to be able to get some form of redress for their grievances. Instead you will just get individuals like this who look at the situation from the cost benefit analysis of buying the game or not. They will not vote for your interests with their wallets and will even say the finished product is worth the money, rather than saying "the game didn't deliver on its promises, therefore no one should buy it."
>>
God I wish the devs had put more time into making the swords unique beyond just aesthetic appeal.
>>
>>333134060
its an anime people think this game is ripping, but they are too under age to know that its ripping NausicaƤ
>>
>>333134280
How do you get to the triforce piece right to the right of the tp pad. Be as specific as possible, I've been looking for hours, I think I may be on the spectrum.
>>
>>333128837
yeah that's fair, but its just another reason why you shouldn't back kickstarter games and instead just wait for them to come out and buy them if they seem good

that way you'll never get burned (even if you still get disappointed)
>>
File: eri.gif (25 KB, 72x44) Image search: [Google]
eri.gif
25 KB, 72x44
>>333123094
tap left, dash 4 times, tap down, dash, tap right, dash 3 times, tap down, dash 2 times... see a pattern? don't hold the direction. Just tap it once, you'll continue dashing in that exact direction. if it's too much on controller just go to KB. And yes, you have to do it again on the return trip.
>>
File: assburger2.jpg (7 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
assburger2.jpg
7 KB, 188x268
>>333134819

I had never heard of this game until Best Friends played it last year. Then I immediately forgot about it until two days ago and torrented it.

I had fun, I really liked the art. It was a nice game, probably my favorite new game since Witcher 3.
>>
>>333134861

this F.A.M.
>>
>>333134919
which zone?
>>
>>333134861
B-but Anno animated the dripping giant scene
+ muh pic related
>>
File: casual filter.jpg (31 KB, 585x300) Image search: [Google]
casual filter.jpg
31 KB, 585x300
were you a bad enough dude to do it without the exploit?

I wasn't
>>
>>333135049
Sorry, east. It's been a long night...
>>
You always, always have to think what you can do to get the person making a promise to you to deliver. You have to have some kind of recourse. For example, digital games. Say Sony or MS suddenly says "no more access to your digital shit, pleb, hope you liked them." What can YOU do? Virtually nothing. This is the type of deal you must not enter into. Say a KS guy says "we'll give you X Y and Z" but then gives you only X. What can YOU do? Virtually nothing. This is the type of deal you must not enter into.
>>
>>333135125
Alright
Go through the 3 lock door under the tele
Keep going until you're in the arena infront of the bosses door, kill everyone and a walkway on the side will open up
Go there and down the stairs
Up, left up right to the exit, don't go through
There's a hidden key door next to the frogmen at the exit
>>
I hadn't heard of this game until it showed up on Steam some days before release, bought it on launch.

Really disappointed that all of this content is probably not coming out, but frankly I'm enjoying the game so far. Heard it's short, though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.