[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we finally agree that this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (201 KB, 256x370) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201 KB, 256x370
Now that the dust has settled, can we finally agree that this is the blunder of the franchise?

No slick combat like the third game, no open world atmosphere like the first, it's a compromise by all accounts.
>>
>>333100945
ME3>ME1>ME2

Also if you didn't kill Wrex you're a fag.
>>
>>333100945
The crew together with their loyalty missions, the final level and the Shadow Broker DLC are legitimately great. Everything else is shit.
>>
>>333100945
It killed whatever RPG was in it, ruined the story and made you spend hours upon hours babysitting the daddy-issues troupe throughout something completely irrelevant. Oh and then there's the sudden influx of consoletards.

TBF, the sound design was great tho.
>>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VTsD2FjmLsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>333102809
kill yourself
>>
>>333102809
oh shit nigga

what are you doing
>>
>>333100945
things I liked:
>combat more fluid, less spongy enemies

things I disliked:
>removal of most rpg stats
>removal of weapon modding
>babysitting all day erryday
>probing
>thermal clips
instead of completly removing the cooldown version couldn't the thermal clips just be a addon used when you really need the extra speed to cool your gun?
>>
>>333100945

It was a fun game in its own right but decisions made regarding gameplay set the precedent for everything wrong with modern Bioware. You can see how ME2 influenced Dragon Age 2, and it did not work.
>>
>>333103479
>instead of completly removing the cooldown version couldn't the thermal clips just be a addon used when you really need the extra speed to cool your gun?

That might make thermal clips a valuable resource that needs to be properly managed. We can't have that.
>>
>>333103894
>Hey you remember that functional system we had, were you just waited for your gun to cool down? Let's replace it completly by a ressource reliant system, which we copied from space rape robots :-D
>>
>>333100945
I honestly can't remember which game I liked the best. I do know that I spent the most amount of time in ME2, but just because I rushed through ME1 and I wanted to take my time.
I thought the combat was alright for the game but like I said I can't really remember anything. Definitely agree though that it was the start of a downward spiral
>>
>>333100945
It's a decent action movie game. Bad sequel and RPG though
>>
>it's a "/v/ pretends they actually enjoyed riding the Mako around barren pallet swap planets to attack a copy+pasted stronghold thread"
>>
The fucking gay pod you use to land in instead of the Normandy is so gay and ruins the hype. In ME1 when the Normandy screams past at Mach 5 and shits out the Mako you know some space niggers are going to get blasted.
>>
>>333100945
On the contrary, its the only decent game in the shit series.
>>
ME2 = ME1 > ME3 Online > ME3 Single Player.

No, seriously, I think ME2 was the best in the trilogy and had some of the best characters in the trilogy.
>best hub worlds
>best music/ambience
>Best squad members
>Best DLC
>Combat wasn't TOO bad, but it wasn't the best in the series.

ME2 just felt like the perfect mixture of 1 and 3, but it was also the first one I played so maybe I'm a little bit biased.
>>
>>333103479
>>333103894
There's a mod that takes a "hybrid ammo" approach. Weapons cool down, but you can immediately reload at the cost of spare ammo.

Does other things too, more questionable though.
>>
>>333106163
Not as questionable as your mam.
>>
File: mg42_04.jpg (18 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
mg42_04.jpg
18 KB, 500x273
>>333106163

That would be kind of like intermittently swapping out hot barrels, which I fancy.
>>
ME1 had interesting but flawed concepts, ME2 instead of fixing them decided to remove them and replace them with more generic stuff.
>>
>>333102612

>Oh and then there's the sudden influx of consoletards.

Mass Effect was an Xbox 360 game months before it was a PC game you dumb fuck.
>>
>>333107745
Here we go with the ME1 tryhard defend garbage bloated inventory, mako, copypaste planets, generic quests,etc because it was babby's first wrpg for console tards.
>>
>replaying Mass Effect trilogy
>remember 2/3rds of the second game is recruiting

God damn it
>>
>>333109164

>replaying Mass Effect trilogy
>I have to start with the worst one

Mako barely redeems it though.
>>
I pretend that Mass Effect 2 is a Fifth Element prequel, and Mass Effect's only sequel was a multiplayer beta that got cancelled.
>>
>>333104304
The idea is that we wanted the system improved not removed. The people who like it, like it for the potential.
>>
>>333100945
Wholeheartedly. The plot itself is incredibly barebones, while all the companion quests introduce a ton of needless variables that only further complicate things. It's a wonder ME3 turned out as well as it did in regards to player choice. It certainly did a better job of handling things than ME2 did.
>>
>this kills the two games that come after it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9KW1fo8mqs
>>
>>333100945

ME3 will forever be the blunder. ME2 will be looked at as the point BioWare's EA infection became terminal.

Overall, ME will be remembered as the series that could have been more but ran afoul the bEAst.
>>
>>333100945
>RUNNING OUT OF GAS
>>
>>333109164
>all that work and literally none of them but Garrus and Tali return as party members in the third game

brava, bioware
>>
>>333100945
Agreed.

ME1>ME3>ME2

>also I fucked Kaidan, for funz
>>
>>333111612

Kaidan was Maleshep's OTP.
>>
I sort of agree, but the character interactions and overall story was still much better than 3
I like em by order, it got progressively worse. 2 tried to reinvent itself rather than improve on 1, and it ended up with something weird and lacking. 3 tried to improve on that, and it kinda did somewhat, but with the shitty direction the game took it ended up worse than ever.
1 still best, always will. I am NOT hyped for Andromeda.
>>
File: deck_1_by_me4fan-d7jegqt.png (667 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
deck_1_by_me4fan-d7jegqt.png
667 KB, 1024x576
>>333111793
I know, right!
>>
>tfw I haven't played ME 3
Should I even bother?
>>
>>333107232
I guess. The thing is, you can leave it down to 1 round, but if you zero it out the clip is destroyed, and you have to put a new, full one in.

Also, no manual reloading. It does change things up a bit.
>>
>>333112404
Not really
It seriously left a sour taste in my mouth
>ME1
>You get to choose of your responses, always at least 3 directions to it
>ME3
>Shepard talks by itself the whole way and you only get to deliver the finisher, which is a choice between being a cuckold or an asshole
>>
>>333112404
MP is god tier, still pretty active
SP is mixed bag
Gameplay overall is much more polished than earlier titles but story suffers too much from shitty writers, even with its good parts (Tuchanka arc, Quarian arc)
>>
File: 1436119095985.webm (611 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1436119095985.webm
611 KB, 350x350
>open world atmosphere like the first
>>
>>333100945
i agree but in retrospect i hated all the ones i played (1 and some of 2)
>>
>>333100945
It was a great game you anus. However it definitely dropped the ball by feeling significantly more restricted than the first, and it had the potential to be the best in the trilogy had it improved on ME1's flaws.

Definitely had the best squad though, and it still pisses me off that Legion is introduced so late in the game because I find him to be the most interesting character.
>>
>>333100945
>No slick combat like the third game
2 and 3 had comparatively slick combat

>no open world atmosphere like the first
The shopping cart was better than the alternatives but also overrated

These are character driven games and 2 had the best compromise of gameplay and characterization

2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>333100945
3>1>2

eat a dick faggots
>>
File: 1.png (210 KB, 372x400) Image search: [Google]
1.png
210 KB, 372x400
>>333100945
>open world atmosphere like the first
>here's about ten planets you can land on in the Mako
>they're either flat or have a bunch of stalagmite-tier mountain ranges
>there's a base and a corpse on each
>maybe a Thresher Maw
>>
>>333109364
Yeah but you gotta rate it for what it is, and what it is is tremendously overrated.
>>
>>333115260
I never even heard anybody's opinion of the first game and was disappointed by it. ME1 did not age gracefully.

As for 2 vs. 3? I liked 3's gameplay and presentation better, but I kind of liked the overarching structure of the plot for 2, the whole game was you preparing for the final mission and how well you prepared actually made a fucking difference in how the final mission went.

Also 2's relationships and world felt kinda bigger, probably because 3 had to end the story and focused much more on events than characters.

Basically I feel 2 had better story material, while 3 played better, so the apparent quality of one over the other just depends on how hard you try to get into the story
>>
>makes the galaxy less of a scrubbed, sterile environment
>had actual different maps instead of shamelessly copypastaing [BUILDING INTERIOR] and [SPACESHIP INTERIOR] over and over and over and over again for every single sidequest
>presented an actual gray moral/ethical dilemma with Mordin Solus befitting a Chris Avellone game rather than a BioWare game --later retconned in ME3 because bioware is shit and magic fairy dust cures the krogan genophage and everything will be okay don't worry about it :)))

What a shame the main story is dumber the more you think about it, universal ammo + limited resource heat clips to immediately un-jam an overheated weapon would've made more sense than completely removing it, and GIMMIE BACK THE MAKO
>>
>>333116473
I hold desparately to the hope that they'll hybridize the ammo system one day, but that'd be a nice thing and we all know about nice things.
>>
ME1 has a codex entry explaining how FTL travel and communications exist, but FTL sensors don't; to detect something you have to use the speed of light (i.e. event happens and if it happened one light minute away, you can't detect it happening any faster than one light minute, but you can tell other ships light years away within seconds) and pass the message down the chain to get it back to your command post faster than the speed of light, which is why frigates and patrol ships exist in the first place.

No impact on the gameplay at all but it fits the world perfectly. That's a nice little touch and a level of worldbuilding that most games, hell most fictional settings in general, don't bother with.

ME's sci-fi setting was wasted when the series started focusing more on relationships and such. I enjoyed that part too but I really wanted to see the sci-fi elements played up more but they just got sidelined.
>>
>>333117553
Literally nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares about that shit except for autistic sperglords LMAO
>>
>>333100945
Let's get rid of infinite ammo because we saw some robots using futuristic ammo magazines

The only good thing in Mass Effect 2 was Miranda's ass
>>
The franchise itself is the blunder.
>>
>>333118029
Too bad Miranda's ass shares a body with Miranda's face.
>>
>>333109364
The systems were so poorly executed that removal was an improvement from being kept. It's like sleeping in a broken glass bed versus sleeping on the floor.
>>
File: image.png (430 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
430 KB, 500x500
>>333117962
>>
File: tired frog.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
tired frog.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
>>333115951
>2 had better story material

>literally retarded shonen-tier shit hurr assemblin mah badass crew: the game
>all the non-essential story is daddy issues

Not that I'm defending ME3, but to describe either's story with positive adjectives is unthinkable if you have anything more than a brain stem.
>>
>>333115951
>2
>better story
>Shepard, go recruit a bunch of conveniently discovered killers who will join without any fuss but still have to be made loyal by killing one person
>>
I like to pretend there wasn't a Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>333102267
so pretty much the whole game
>>
>>333118162
Not a problem in all fours
>>
>>333101346
EA please leave
>>
>>333100945
i just want another space tps rpg...... GODDAMMIT BIOWARE WHY GO FULL SJWWWWWWW DO YOU EVEN KNOW YOU'RE FUCKING DEMOGRAPHIC GO FUCK YOURSELVES
>>
>>333117553
>>333117962
but i care about that too faggot
>>
File: 1452984977486.jpg (33 KB, 339x422) Image search: [Google]
1452984977486.jpg
33 KB, 339x422
>>333117962
ebin
>>
File: Mordin_Character_Box.png (423 KB, 650x550) Image search: [Google]
Mordin_Character_Box.png
423 KB, 650x550
>>333100945
It wasn't all bad. At least it introduced Mordin.
>>
It's the best of the series by a longshot though, nobody even played the original clunky piece of shit because they didn't market it.

2 > 3 >>> 1
>>
>>333121403
It didn't though.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.