[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING BULLSHIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: dark souls.png (573 KB, 481x504) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.png
573 KB, 481x504
>finally get dark souls (shut up, it lagged on my PC)
>thought it was unfair, actually was hard but FAIR, which i liked
>endurance and strength build. low armor, fast dash guy with longsword and shield
>cheesed to black knights early in the game and defeated them
>defeated the gargoyles, rang the bell
>proud to have defeated the non-essential bosses like the capra demon, gaping dragon, taurus, etc
>fuck it to ultra OP bosses like the dragon at the bridge, the 2nd asylum demon, the butterfly, etc...for now
>go down into the new londo ruins
>FUCKING BULLSHIT GHOSTS
>can't be hurt, negate all your shit, even your shield
>ULTRA long range attack that goes through walls, ceilings and the floor
>only way to hurt them is with the transient curse that runs out at literally the worst time
>impossible narrow corridors and narrow pathways to fight them in
>manage to run from them, get the cursebite ring, think it'll let me hurt them without the transient curse
>realize as +10 ghosts melt out of the walls and floor that the ring is fucking useless
>just fucking end it senpai
>always respawn back at base, have to run down, wait for the elevator to come up, go down, run back to the ghosts, do that shit all over again
>transient curses run out
>i wish i could permadie

yeah FUCK this game
>>
>>333100067
It's pretty easy if you just take your time and listen for the ghosts noises. You can also buy transient curses from the female undead merchant in the Burg, and if you wear the Covetous Serpent Ring they drop from ghosts more often.
>>
>>333100067
You could try getting an actual curse, but that halves your health, so I doubt that would help you. Just learn their paths and dash by the ghosts. Also, transient curses last for 5 minutes. Are you slow poking it or something?
>>
>>333100625
Although I just realized you think the Moonlight Butterfly is hard so you may be fucked.
>>
Even at my first playthrough when I accidentally went there first it was pretty easy to kill them.

Please git gud.
>>
>>333100747
bitch i'm only at like level 30, i have no ranged attacks or nothing, and only after looking it up in the wiki i realized those were magic attacks, which still wouldn't really help because i have practically nothing to counteract that.
>inb4 wikifag, i never really look up important shit
>>
>>333100067
I died at pretty much every boss at least 5 times and still I had no problem with ghosts whatsoever. That's weird.
>>
>>333100067
they actually drop quite often, you could farm them for a bit, just wear Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and I think having some soft humanity increases drop chances too.

There are some weapons that hurt them without using transient curse, but I don't remember which weapons those are. Also you could get yourself cursed for real, by some random Basilisk, no need for some transient curse then.
>>
File: 1248478065896.gif (54 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1248478065896.gif
54 KB, 320x240
>>333100986
>SL 30
>doesn't know you can roll
>>
>>333100986
You could have just summoned the NPC before the butterfly as she will pretty much kill it for you. Also, as for the ghosts, if you killed Sif, you can use his soul to make a weapon that will hurt the ghosts.
>>
>>333100986
When the butterfly shots his lasers you just roll, then you wait until it lands and push it's fucking shit in.
>>
>>333100067
Why didn't you proceed to Blighttown after killing the Gaping Dragon instead of repeatedly trying a place you're obviously not meant to go to yet? Also, if you read the description of the Cursebite ring before buying it you would've known exactly what it does.
>>
>butterfly
>2nd asylum demon
>the fucking cheese-me-please dragon
>ultra OP
nigger please those are the easiest bosses in the game
>>
>>333101173
>>333101378
roll (my main defense, obviously, as a low armor dude) proved absolutely useless against the butterfly's magic homing attacks

>>333101720
wait, how the fuck do i get to blighttown. also i didn't buy the ring

>>333101992
please teach me then, master, how to evade the homing attacks from the butterfly, or how to beat the 2nd asylum demon when at the beginning, you literally get like half health, his TWO magic attacks (close range and your position), his jumping on your position which is honestly easy but the camera can fuck you over, also the fact i barely can hurt him and fighting him would estimatedly take over 30 minutes.

same shit with the dragon, i tried cheesing him but my damage is just too low and his fire attack is a 1hit kill and obviously my fire defense is shit.
>>
>>333102418
There's a locked door next to the merchant guy in the depths. After you beat the Gaping Dragon you get the key to Blighttown put 2 and 2 together.

Alternatively, take the elevator from the Darkroot Basin bonfire and access it that way instead. You're not meant to go to New Londo until WAY later.
>>
>>333100067
Wow you're horrible.

The curses last for a good amount of time. I usually only need two curses to complete that area. On my first run through it, it was easy as shit.
>>
>>333102418
holy shit the butterfly is one of the easiest bosses in the game, if you knew how to roll the homing attacks are a joke.
>>
>>333102418
Two areas are open from the beginning that you aren't supposed to go to until after Anor Londo (these being the Catacombs and the New Londo Ruins).

The big gate by the shopkeeper in the Depths leads to Blighttown.
>>
>>333102418
If you have the master key, you can get to Blighttown by taking the elevator from Firelink to New Londo and then going into the adjacent tower to Valley of the Drakes and crossing the little bridge there.
>>
>>333102418
>wait, how the fuck do i get to blighttown. also i didn't buy the ring
Ohhh yeah some new players do this.

New londo isn't where the second bell is. Blight town is where the second bell is. Go back to the undead burg and find the capra demon.
>>
>>333102418

There's a massive gate to blighttown next to the merchant in the depths. If you've beaten the gaping dragon there's no way you haven't seen it.
>>
File: 1453620609947.jpg (52 KB, 575x556) Image search: [Google]
1453620609947.jpg
52 KB, 575x556
>>333100067
Just from your posting you seem like an easily angered dudebro. The game holds your goddamn hand at most parts of the game, read item descriptions and watch a video if you are really that shit.

Just stop posting.
>>
>>333100067
You're in the wrong zone, buddy.

Go back to the area where you met Solaire and open the door to Lower Burg.
>>
i've got a black knight greatsword and i kill bosses almost instantly
am i playing the game on easy mode?
>>
>>333100986
>only SL 30

nigger i beat 3 kings and butterfly at SL3
>>
>>333103269
Black knight weapons are the best shit, Always prefered BKGS over BKUGS
>>
File: 1406661382373.gif (873 KB, 354x440) Image search: [Google]
1406661382373.gif
873 KB, 354x440
Get gud casul fagot
>>
>>333102684
>>333102850
>>333102872
>>333102947
>>333103014
>>333103240
thanks guys, i thought the bell was in new londo.
>>
>>333101173
>>333102812
>>333101378

>>333102418

I love how people here act like iframes are somehow obvious at all and expect noobs to understand how they work (tip OP, don't look this up, it will make the game too easy). Its completely counter-intuitive.
>>
>>333102418

Nigga, learn to read the situation. The dragon at the bridge isn't even a proper boss, pay attention to your surroundings. Consider that you might not have to even fight it.

Also, rolling is linked to equipment load, even if you have low armor. Make sure you're fast rolling with ~25% or less of maximum weight.
>>
>>333102418
>roll (my main defense, obviously, as a low armor dude) proved absolutely useless against the butterfly's magic homing attacks
Time your rolls better, simple as that.
>>
>>333103602
wait, i'm using the huge one with a huge twohanded strong swing, like smash into the ground and swing up and forward. which one is that, greatsword or ultra greatsword
>>
>>333103678
I did the same naturally, the game give the impression that that it what will lead to Blighttown (though this isn't technically untrue).
>>
>>333102418
instead of rolling away from the homing attack, walk away from them, and then at the last second roll the other direction, almost into them, you won't take damage 9/10 times
>>
File: 1446757023612.jpg (32 KB, 367x523) Image search: [Google]
1446757023612.jpg
32 KB, 367x523
>>333103692
>rolling to dodge attacks many hours into the game is hard for noobs and counter intuitive.

shut the fuck up man...
>>
>>333103692
I love how you think you need to know how iframes work to roll.
>>
>>333103878
The normal black sword is a greatsword, the anime looking fuckhuge sword is the ultra greatsword, the naming was a joke.

The normal sword is a greatsword, ultra is called greatsword.
>>
>>333102418
How did you even defeat the gargoyles if you can't defeat one of the easiest bosses in the game?
>>
>>333103692
>>333104102
>>333104265
actually, you do. i kept rolling based on animations and kept getting hit obviously. the invisible frame shit is key and changes everything. same shit with parrying frames.

>>333103887
yeah, i thought new lando was the pathway to blighttown. i associated with greek mythology, how you'd get to hades' domain through this underworld type place filled with water.
>>
>>333104102
>is hard for noobs

Don't put words into my mouth, it's piss easy if you know what you're doing, and that's the whole key to it, it simply relies on you understanding things that are unexplained through doing things that would otherwise seem stupid and nonsensical.
>>
>>333104661
Actually, you don't. I still don't know how iframes work and never had trouble rolling through/from/away from attacks. I guess you just suck at video games.
>>
Why the fuck did I even bother reading your useless piece of shit you underaged faggot.
>>
>>333104779
I'll put more than words in your mouth nerd. My main point is that its not exactly difficult to learn that you can roll through attacks and when to time your rolls to avoid damage, you seem to be saying that in order to do that you would need to look up some sort of guide to iframes which is simply not true.
>>
You can literally run past all the ghosts you colossal shitter. Not that it matters since you'll get fucking rekt by the dick wraiths and havd your humanity stolen because you're bad.
>>
>>333104661
>invisible frame

this nigga is baiting and the worst thing is people are actually defending him
>>
>>333100986
Moonlight Butterfly is one of the easiest bosses in the game, you just roll to dodge its magic.

How did you beat Capra and not Moonlight lol.

Also you are not supposed to do Sen next, not new londo ruins. You shouldnt do new londo ruins til after Anor Londo.
>>
>>333105153
>My main point is that its not exactly difficult to learn that you can roll through attacks

It is if you never actually do that because you reasonably assume it would just be a stupid thing to do until much later in the game. It's honestly kind of dumb given how it trivialize so much of what makes certain enemies intimidating, you no longer have to really respect their range since invincibility mostly negates that.
>>
>>333100067
Straight outta reddit. Fuck off you're shit at video games.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.