[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people hate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: ffx2.jpg (821 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ffx2.jpg
821 KB, 1280x720
>>
Because it's the sequel to the worst JRPG ever made.
>>
>>333097298
That is a bold statement. I really liked 10 growing up.
>>
>>333097298
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK
>>
because it is an unnecessary sequel that is basically nothing but pandering

it also is one of the worst games ever made in terms of missable bullshit, it is basically impossible to 100% without a guide.
>>
>>333097298
FFX-2 is not a sequel to Xenogears.
>>
>>333097664
>manually advancing dialogue during an NPC conversation can lose %
>just that one conversation though
>>
>>333097186

The tone is off, most of the environments are copied directly from X so it feels a bit weak. The combat system is awesome though.
>>
>10/10 leveling job system
>Fuck it up through the rest of the game.

ree
>>
>>333097664
This. the story was corny and cheesy with way too much waifu pandering. The tone and mood that made the first game so great were replaced by terrible terrible terrible terrible plot devices that ended up not mattering when they decided to
cuck tidus in that one book that will not be named so the whole plot literally doesnt even matter
>>
>>333097664

> it also is one of the worst games ever made in terms of missable bullshit, it is basically impossible to 100% without a guide.

They the same shit with XII, it drives me crazy. I don't even 100% most of my games but I hate knowing that I missed something for some stupid reason I couldn't have guessed.
>>
>>333097186
Because they're idiots

>most jrpg combat is boring as shit
take the fantastic enemy/boss design from 10 where the enemies actually put up a fight and status spells are worth using without being broken, and add ATB and the ability to swap classes mid fight. There aren't any broken limit breaks or summons in this game either and every character is 90% the same so if you wanna win a fight you just have to get good

>most jrpgs don't give me any freedom in what I get to do
50/70% of this game is sidequests, involved ones and not "kill 10 monsters" bullshit that plagues both types of rpg. It has multiple endings/story branches and little things you can do to get different results. For a game with fixed characters instead of the self-insert most wrpgs have it's quite impressive

>most jrpgs are linear as fuck, especially the game this is a sequel to
after the opening scenes you get to go to basically anywhere in the world in whatever order you want, and yes this means you can run into enemies that will kick your underleveled ass.

>most jrpgs have horrible cliche stories that waste your time
the plot is mostly just anime charlies angles and a loose framing device for dumb shit to happen. this is a game that's obviously taking the piss and thats why every fight ends with an 80's as fuck guitar riff. this is way better than multicolored hair people complaining about things.

however beyond that x-2 genuinely has a really good story, this game has tons of really interesting themes that are kept to the background so they dont get in the way of the gameplay (remember when rpgs were gameplay first and not lengthy bullshit cutscene first?)

If you dislike this game but call yourself a final fantasy/jrpg fan you are a gigantic faggot that plays these games for the wrong reasons
>>
>>333098163
>the story was corny and cheesy with way too much waifu pandering

Sounds like FFX.
>>
File: fucking finally.jpg (133 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
fucking finally.jpg
133 KB, 1680x1050
I don't regret this in the slightest

it was pretty fun desu, except for finishing the via infinito
>>
>>333098338
0/10
FFX starts with a city being torn apart and invaded by a giant monster. FFX-2 starts with a jpop concert with a terrible song.
>>
>>333097186
What I like
Rikku and Yuna are fun
A shitton of content
Great gameplay
Great system
Leblanc makes my ledick hard

What I don't like
Most sidequests are uninteresting
Main Story is uninteresting
New characters are uninteresting
OST is okay but it doesn't feel like a FF at all
Game itself feels more like a spinoff rather than a direct sequel
Blitzball was hit or miss in the first game, here it was shit already

I don't regret playing it. I liked it and for me it was a 7/10 just because I fapped a lot during the dressing cutscenes when I was 12. But it just wasn't as good as FFX
>>
the first thing that jumps to mind for me is how terrible the battle music is.

whereas FFX's battle theme is probably my favorite in the series, this one is just

'GUITAR SCREECHES, THAT'S THE MUSIC YOU LIKE, RIGHT?'
>>
>>333098274

I mostly agree, although I found the story annoying pretty quickly. It's really stupid towards the end, I just stopped giving a shit.

Also didn't you think that having 90% of the environments direcly copy/pasted from X made the game look cheap though? It feels more like an extension that a full blown game. It's still decent though, the battle system might be the best in all final fantasies.
>>
>>333097298
because final fantasy 10 did not need a sequel. shit story but good gameplay
>>
I think people hate the game because they take it at a face value of three girls just being silly

But what the fuck else are you supposed to do when

Your whole family is dead
The man you loved turned out to be a ghost
You're famous all around the world
There is no enemy or unstoppable monster to fight
Your whole life was dedicated up to one moment, sacrificing yourself to defeat Sin, but now it is gone forever

You go around the world having a blast, that's what anybody would do

Also people just completed ignored the interesting themes of civil war, religious extremism, and such, and fixate on just the lesbian massaging and singing

Truthfully the story could have gone in a much darker and more immersive direction with New Yevon and whomever that other faction was engaging in full on war, but it didn't happen, so there's no sense in complaining about it
>>
>implying the OST isn't great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0uqhC29MOw
>>
>>333097186

>recycles almost everything from FF10
>opening is austin power level of cheesiness
>WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU? WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU? WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
>paine is a bland and dumb character
>completly changed yuna character for shits and giggles
>dumb minigame over dumb minigame over dumb minigame
>had lulu pregnant but they didn't even bother to change lulu model in order to reflect this
>introduced those annoying completly unfunny doronjo ripoff
>getting 100% is impossible with a guide and is required in order to get the best ending and the best job
>tried to randomly tie FF10 and FF7 together because LOL
>plot was stupid as fuck (lol there was another dude that was like tidus and he too got cucked and now he's trying to cuck everyone from the otherworld)
>literaly the first modern final fantasy game to be shit

the real question should be "do people like this game for reason other than "i suck cock for job systems?""
>>
>>333098623
FALL UNTIL WE DIIIIIEEEEE
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT,
IT IS BREAKING THROUGH MY VEEEEIIIINNS
>>
>>333098910
>But what the fuck else are you supposed to do when
Not make a game. Period.

Every excuse you just listed are reasons for why this game didnt need to be made. The story was wrapped up at the end of 10.
>>
>>333097186

compare these two songs and tell me which one wears out it's welcome faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1nsp5CnvVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VmAsofmGc
>>
>>333098910
>interesting themes of civil war, religious extremism, and such, and fixate on just the lesbian massaging and singing

Maybe because they were the focal point of the game, not the 'interesting' themes they tried to present.
>>
>>333097186
WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU
>>
File: BLITZBALL!!!.gif (319 KB, 350x174) Image search: [Google]
BLITZBALL!!!.gif
319 KB, 350x174
>>333098163
>cuck tidus in that one book that will not be named so the whole plot literally doesnt even matter
>>
>>333097664
>>333097882
all that happens if you dont get 100% is that you don't get to revive tidus

you know, that character everyone on /v/ hates?

the fuck does it matter? shit the game keeps your percentage for NG+ too so if you are that autistic about a number you can just replay the game

I'm pretty sure you can even have some 'leftover points' and still get 100% with new game + because the game has two exclusive plot branches with different events

>>333098163
>>333098531
Way to completely miss the point.

X-2 doesn't have this crap because it already fucking happened. Instead x-2 does something really novel, looks at the standard jrpg setting now that the heroes have completely shaken up everything and goes "now what?"

There's no obviously evil space monster slowly destroying the world and keeping humanity stuck in a cycle of death, but they still have lots of problems.

Stuff like the culture war between the religion that's been proven an evil bunch of fruads but still acted as a comfort to the people and the shortsighted kids digging up ancient technology because they wanna have fun (and bringing about ANOTHER giant world blowing up monster in the process) is way more interesting than tidus bitching about his gigantic daddy issues to his gigantic daddy who's a monster

As is stuff like super repressed yuna who never expected to be alive past her teens because shes spent her entire life being subtly convinced to ritually kill herself (only for that to all go up in flames) now getting to stretch her wings and act like a goofy pop star caricature because she doesn't know how to behave like a regular person because she's spent her entire life being idolized already before she literally turned into one

I guess there aren't any hamfisted scenes where children get blown up, but this stuff is no less serious.

>>333098762
it's kinda lazy yeah but when the whole point is going back to a setting it doesn't make any sense to not reuse assets.
>>
>>333099206
KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH
>>
>>333099331
The first one by a mile. The second is so bland it basically doesn't even exist, so you can never get tired of it. You literally can't remember you just heard it.
>>
>>333099331
i've always hated the ffx battle theme to be honest

that opening DUN DUN DADADA DUN DUN shit just ruins it for me, the x-2 one is relatively soft guitars so it's easier to drone out
>>
>>333099520
dont remind me. holy shit square enix has terrible writers.
>>333099547
>Way to completely miss the point.
>maximum_damage_control.jpeg

FFX-2 is literally just a waifu pandering game for autistic NEET virgins. Thats it. The story is shit and completely boring. The gameplay is ok but gets old. The music is god awful, and the ENTIRE GAME DOESNT MATTER because the end up killing of Tidus again anyways.
>>
>>333097186
Because it took a rather serious and popular storyline, promised a cliffhanger followup and conclusion, then delivered a J-pop dance and series of minigames.

Mind you, I enjoyed the J-pop and the minigames. But I can understand people being upset that it wasn't... well, it wasn't FFX part 2.
>>
File: 1459516918070.png (478 KB, 651x483) Image search: [Google]
1459516918070.png
478 KB, 651x483
>>333098512
>69
>>
>>333099805
>a book written by a completely different guy a decade later is canon

lol???

the ending where tidus comes back in x-2 is the worst one anyway, the entire rest of the game is yuna realizing she can move on but then the fayth come back for no reason and are like "actually we can revive him lol" and yuna throws all her character development off a window to jump his retarded laughing bones
>>
>>333099547
You may have had a point if not for the fact that it's possible to bring Tidus back, and in fact doing so is the ultimate ending.

The fact that the developers even thought of including this makes it clear they had no artistic integrity or vision for the game and were just throwing shit at a wall and hoping it would sell based on bikinis.
>>
>>333100021
>different guy a decade later is canon
>its not canon because i said so

If its released by the SAME COMPANY its canon whether or not you want it to be because it takes place in the universe THEY created. The author does not own the rights to the story, the company does.
>>
File: 17656556.jpg (374 KB, 631x892) Image search: [Google]
17656556.jpg
374 KB, 631x892
I got Yuna in hot pants good enough for me,
>>
>>333099547
>all that happens if you dont get 100% is that you don't get to revive tidus
You can revive him regardless of what completion % you have. 100% just gets you an extra scene after the credits.
>>
File: 590[1].jpg (69 KB, 590x359) Image search: [Google]
590[1].jpg
69 KB, 590x359
>>333097186
Because its Totally Spies! as a JRPG
its so corny its painful to play

The gameplay is top tier though. Sucks that it was never expanded upon.
>>
>>333100052
it's not the "ultimate ending" it's literally one extra scene that you get by being an autistic person that plays the game with a guide in your lap at all times

>>333100141
neither story was made with that book that came out a decade later in mind, same with that other retarded book that argues that eventually people will build spaceships and colonize ff7 world

it's "canon" in the sense that it's official material but you'd have to be a real stupid motherfucker to take that seriously. it's the same as saying that all greek mythological heroes are actually roman because later on the romans demanded allt hose stories have little additions to them at the end that reveals this fact
>>
>>333098595
>Leblanc makes my ledick hard
That fucking massage minigame.
>>
>>333100381
But Totally Spies is awesome.

I'm confused as to what the problem is there, anon.
>>
Most of the game is recycled assets, the environments that aren't are mostly bland brown/gray caverns.
Mission design is fucking minigame riddled poison.
The combat isn't even that good, switching jobs mid combat is usually redundant and doesn't allow as much creativity as the FF5 and FFT skill systems allow.
The jobs are poorly balanced enough that there's one that basically fully heals your party with no downside other than a minute amount of time used up.
It started Toriyama's reign of terror as director.
>>
>>333097186
>FFX is hated for it's terrible story filled with annoying as hell characters
>People hate on this game because it messes up the story to that game

this game being a big joke is a GOOD thing, ffx was dogshit and a goofy anime version of charlies angles is way better
>>
>>333097186
Crap story, great gameplay.
>>
>>333100381
I want to lick Alex's stinky, sweaty feet!
>>
>>333100436
>ut a decade later in mind,
that doesnt matter. Its called retro active continutiy.

The rest of your post makes it extremely obvious that you dont understand that the publishing company holds the rights to a story and if they say something happens, it happened.

Its fucking fiction and its THEIR STORY. You dont get to decide what happens in THEIR STORY.
>>
>>333100756
But it isn't their story, if you asked the creator what happens afterward it would be entierly different.

The witcher games aren't canon, they don't reflect what the author of the books wanted.

The game of thrones TV show isn't canon either, it doesn't reflect what the author has in mind for the characters.

You can't just defile characters to a point where the original works don't line up with the sequels.
>>
>>333099791
fuck you it's good. ffx has some really good music.
>>
>>333100756
I get to decide if I give a shit about it though. Who the fuck is square enix to decide what I enjoy or not?

You're an actual insane person if you let the actions of some book shat out by square enix a decade later retroactively ruin a story made by squaresoft and you get angry about it
>>
File: 1431833019874.webm (675 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1431833019874.webm
675 KB, 720x404
>>333100532
>>333100719
Have Clover feet instead.
>>
>>333101041
>if you asked the creator
this is something you dont seem to understand. When you work for a publishing company like square enix they own the rights to the story that you right. This is the agreement that you SIGN UP FOR AND AGREE TO when you agree to work for them. You hand over your rights to them.

Square enix owns the rights to every final fantasy story, it doesnt matter who writes it.
>>
>>333101120
yeah it does

too bad the main battle theme sucks ass and breaks up all the really nice music with it's constant blaring horns
>>
>>333100052
Bringing Tidus back wasn't really something that was added to X-2. The very last scene in X after the credits roll is Tidus waking up underwater and swimming to the surface just like he does in the true ending of X-2.

People acting like it was shoehorned into X-2 just because are retarded.
>>
>>333101403
>The very last scene in X after the credits roll is Tidus waking up underwater and swimming to the surface just like he does in the true ending of X-2.
Don't act dumb.
>>
>>333097186
There needs to be a sequel in which

Leblanc blackmails the girls into becoming her slaves. They have to lick her feet, make tea for her, and service her on every way (these will be the mini games) in between going on missions for their Queen.
>>
>>333101474
>Don't act dumb.
What?

https://youtu.be/HVYhY9k0lMk?t=6m
>>
File: HdxxZit.jpg (79 KB, 640x940) Image search: [Google]
HdxxZit.jpg
79 KB, 640x940
>>333101738
thx for reminding me these are the kind of people that liked X-2
>>
>>333101738
will there be mud wrestling too?
>>
>>333097186
>FFX story is a fucking joke, badly written, badly directed, badly paced, badly acted
>Rightfully receives lots of backlash for this

But whenever this game is brought up people go IT RUINED THE STORY TO FFX, IT'S BULLSHIT

explain this nonsense
>>
>>333097186
All the people who hate this game need to go to

>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>333102187
>how dare you criticize my waifu pandering spergfest games!
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.