[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: How did you all get into vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 360x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 360x199
First experiences and all that. And follow up with what point in vidya you're at now.
Pic unrelated
>>
>>333096793
kill yourself
>>
File: 2361178-nes_blastermaster.jpg (4 MB, 1533x2100) Image search: [Google]
2361178-nes_blastermaster.jpg
4 MB, 1533x2100
Super Mario Bros. or Snoopy & the Red Baron for Atari 2600 in like '87-'88.

First vidya owned: Pic related, Xmas '88.
>>
>>333096793
my uncle brought over pokemon green and gave it to me, Gameboy color and all.

it was that dank see-through purple case and i still remember where he was when I turned on the game

He was sitting in Celadon City, with Venusaur, Pikachu, Wigglytuff, Poliwrath, Tauros, and Gyarados.

I wasn't totally absorbed by video games at that point, I played it on and off but when I went to my cousins house and he had a Nintendo 64 and Super Mario 64 that was when I really got into video games/
>>
Lemmings on MS-DOS I think
>>
Father bought me a SNES with Super Mario World when I was 5 or 6. Maybe 7.

I'm still a fan of Mario games, and I pretty much play literally everything. Only factor against that would be time constraints, so I have to limit myself to only playing three games during a certain period of time.
>>
File: bliniknife.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
bliniknife.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
>>333096793
I played a lot of SNES as a kid, and had some PS1 and N64 games on PC that I played pretty often too. This is actually the first console generation since the PS1 that I've skipped and I kind of miss it. Right now I'm playing through DaS in earnest for the first time and starting to understand why people enjoy it so much.
>>
>>333096793
First experience with vidya was this NES my dad owned with that SMB/Duck Hunt cartridge, before getting an N64 shortly after and going full Nintendo afterwards.

I play pretty much anything now, but I flip flop hard between playing whatever JRPG catches my interest and tacticool realism shooters like Project Reality and sometimes Arma.
>>
File: pepethinkinghard.jpg (40 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
pepethinkinghard.jpg
40 KB, 500x484
father was in top 1 clan in serious sam first/second encounter and i always loved watching him destroy everyone. then played some need for speed and felt in love with gaming even more (now there is no love, only crippling depression)
>>
Dad got me into vidya. When I was really young, every Saturday we'd rent a game and get some snacks and play it all night. Miss that shit. He mostly plays MMOs and competitive games now.
>>
Well first actual game that wasnt educational stuff was lego racers but I guess I never really became an actual gamer until I bought my ps2 and played ratchet and clank going commando
>>
File: master system ii.jpg (108 KB, 1023x767) Image search: [Google]
master system ii.jpg
108 KB, 1023x767
I was a really poor kid because my parents were in a tough financial situation back then, they saved up some money and bought me this with a bunch of games for Christmas.

It was honestly the best xmas of my life, I still remember every detail from getting up super early to check the tree, to what was playing on TV, to have my dad plug it all in and me playing sonic with my mom.

Been vidying ever since.
>>
>>333098646
That's a nice story anon. I hope vidya still gives you that kind of joy.
>>
>>333096793
I always was I guess. Some of my first memories (maybe) were of Crash and Spyro. After that it was pokemon and then into Jrpgs from there.
>>
>>333099096
Yeah, mostly just old games or certain genres, I can't really get into new shit unless it's really good like Witcher 3 for example.
>>
>>333096793
I watched my brother play doom and other various dos games , but I never was interested in them that much until he installed AOE II , which was the first time I saw an RTS and from then on I was completley hooked on the genre.
>>
>>333096793
When I was around 4-5 I had to learn to stop sucking my thumb so my parents offered me a reward for doing it.

I asked for a Gameboy and now here I am all autistic n shit.
>>
I played Wizardry with my sister on our old computer. I always drew the maps.
>>
>>333100373
>Witcher 3
>really good
Hilarious.
>>
>>333104897
And the first shitpost of the thread goes to....

Anon!
>>
Super Mario Bros on NES, few years later Doom and Duke Nukem 3D. Funnily enough I never finished them on highest difficulties only but recently.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.