[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on Project M? If you had to compare it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 41
File: PM vs Brawl.jpg (1 MB, 3201x3712) Image search: [Google]
PM vs Brawl.jpg
1 MB, 3201x3712
What is your opinion on Project M?

If you had to compare it to other smash games or vanilla brawl, where would you place it and why?

Do you think it's a better or worse competitive game than melee?

Did it deserve to be C&D'd?
>>
Better gameplay than brawl, slightly worse gameplay than melee but more characters, content and better balancing. Overall better than melee IMO, but then I don't care much for the competitive aspect anyway
>>
File: Project M Luigi x Wolf.webm (3 MB, 669x475) Image search: [Google]
Project M Luigi x Wolf.webm
3 MB, 669x475
>>333089216
How does it compare to Sm4sh?
>>
>>333089737
I prefer it to sm4sh because like brawl it just feels too slow. Some new characters are actually interesting like cloud and it has loads of content but PM still plays much better to me
>>
>>333088493
>If you had to compare it to other smash games or vanilla brawl, where would you place it and why?
Above vanilla brawl, below tripless brawl
>Do you think it's a better or worse competitive game than melee?
Worse
>Did it deserve to be C&D'd?
Yes
>>
File: squirtle x lucaryu.webm (2 MB, 759x542) Image search: [Google]
squirtle x lucaryu.webm
2 MB, 759x542
>>333090247
You forgot to answer "Why"
>>
>>333090247
this
>>
File: Kirby X Ness Jump.webm (856 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Kirby X Ness Jump.webm
856 KB, 480x360
>>333090437
But why?
>>
Brawl Minus is better
>>
File: Ganon x Snake.webm (3 MB, 907x526) Image search: [Google]
Ganon x Snake.webm
3 MB, 907x526
>>333090704
Why?
>>
>>333088493
Yes
>>
File: Mario x Wolf.webm (700 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Mario x Wolf.webm
700 KB, 854x480
>>333090969
Why?
>>
>>333090821
Alright, I like the presentation and the physics better, and that it works to make Brawl a far better game rather than make it feel like a clunkier version of an older game with Brawl's features.

When characters are reworked, they don't remove what makes that character that character, like PM did with Lucas, Wario, and Lucario. While there are some new moves and others altered, a lot of the original character is still there.

They made Pichu fun and a legitimate threat.
>>
File: Falcon Mirror.webm (2 MB, 859x498) Image search: [Google]
Falcon Mirror.webm
2 MB, 859x498
>>333091242
Why are you the only person who was able to answer "Why?"

I ultimately disagree, though, because Lucas, Wario, and Lucario are all more like their canon variations in PM, they took a lot of creative liberties with making Brawl Lucas/Wario/Lucario in vanilla brawl.
>>
>>333091474
Lucario is a Pokemon, so he is no more or less like his canon variation. PM just retooled him to a variation they like more. Minus Lucario is better to me and more fitting because he wooshes all over the place with Extreme Speed cancels and has a taunt that puts Aura to use, at the cost of going to 300%.
>>
File: lucas x marth.webm (2 MB, 611x492) Image search: [Google]
lucas x marth.webm
2 MB, 611x492
>>333091952
You seem to have the notion that a pokemon is just a pokemon and nothing more complex than that, as shallow as pokemon is, Lucario is at least a steel/fighting type, which is reflected in PM.
>>
>shitty mod that ruined the developer's vision of what they made by implementing garbage
Piece of shit deserved to be C&D'd.
>>
File: Squirtle x G&W Squirt.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Squirtle x G&W Squirt.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>333092680
But vanilla brawl still exists, how does it ruin the developers vision?

Also, why is it garbage?

Why is it shitty?

Is your opinion founded in feelings like an SJW/woman, or are they founded in reason?
>>

Well, if by this you mean "were the creators intentionally infringing copyright", then the answer is yes.
>>
>>333092467
Lucario has always been a speedy fighter, and i have no idea what you're talking about when making him more like Ryu means implementing his Steel Type.

This is hardly debating PM or Minus, just "which Lucario fits the vision of the character better"
>>
File: bowser x roy dunked.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
bowser x roy dunked.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>333093146
How were they infringing copyright laws? Weren't they within fair use, and Nintendo only won because of fear and being rich?
>>
>>333088493
>>333089737
>>333090435
>>333090542
etc

at least don't be such a blatant shill.

We got Melee and Sm4sh, and it certainly doesn't have the importance of a main title like you sheep love to believe.

Enjoy your canceled mod.
>>
Fuck off PMfag. Your meme mod is dead.
>>
>>333088493

Better gameplay, took aspects from every single game and implimented everything fun about a character from previous games. Marth had Melee and Brawl tech, Ness had his N64 yoyo, Pikachu had his N64 back-air, etc. The fact that you could also mod it to have a bajillion stages is also good. Oh, and it also added modes that actually fit the versus gameplay instead of gimmicky shit like mario party lite or angry targets.

Shame it died, really.
>>
File: Lucas x Falco Up-b.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Lucas x Falco Up-b.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>333093341
How am I shilling when the mod is canceled and therefore I have no benefit from shilling?

Why would I care about Melee, a game I believe is inferior, and Sm4sh, a game that's too slow for me?

>>333093402
How am I the one "meme"ing when nobody is able to validate their claims? Memes come from just sharing ideas, and you're sharing an idea but don't know or understand why. You're the one memeing.
>>
>>333090129
I agree. I really hope the modding community gets it's shit together and gives Sm4sh the PM treatement. Not just in balance and mechanics, but also in bringing back the lost characters, and injecting the PM exclusives.

Just seeing Snake alongside Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta would be GOAT.

I also don't much care for the competitive aspects, but I always found Melee and ny extention PM a lot more fun simply due to the speed and mechanics. Plus, adding all the bonus content PM had, etc..

Man, I really hope it happens soon. Just thinking about a PMed Sm4sh is making me excited.
>>
File: 211.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
211.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>333093341
>This person is asking "Why" and nobody is answering the question
>This means that he's the one in the wrong.
that's not how it works you little shit
>>
>>333092986
LET'S GO MARSHALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKZUOVo_G5g
>>
>>333093617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbqJFMnkO2M
>>
>>333088493

I miss it being popular, had a very wide viable cast, fun stages no matter what you picked, and hands down more fun casually then brawl. Type 3 stamina alone kept me and my friends busy for the evening
>>
>>333093658
Answered him, he isn't looking to debate, he's just looking to post PM webms
>>
>>333093658
>A BLOO BLOO WHY IS MY SHITTY GAME DEAD A BLOO BLOO
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>333093341

You can't shill a free mod you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>333090129
>sm4sh because like brawl it just feels too slow.
No. Smash 4 has a balance between Brawl and Melee in terms of speed. It's basically 64, but faster.
>>
>>333088493
Looking at this thread reminds me of that kid who nobody likes but apparently he doesn't get it, and still goes to parties uninvited even tho everyone looks at him weird.
>>
File: mario x fox.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mario x fox.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333093812
The real question is "Why is this fantastic game dead?" preceded and followed by "This is unjust and incredibly sad, and those who don't have empathy for this are simply sociopaths."

Which is accurate, I mean, the smash community defended MacD for raping a minor, I certainly wasn't surprised. Why would I be? GIMR raped Project M and everyone loves him.
>>
>>333090542
Because I'm tired of P:M elitists.
>>
>>333093696
Nice. Things are progressing quickly. How goes it for PSAs and textures? I assume all the ones on Brawlvault work. You just need to upscale the fidelity on them.
>>
File: Wolf x Fox foot.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Wolf x Fox foot.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>333093967
But why does nobody like the kid?

I certainly know PM is hated, and I get it, but I don't get WHY.

>>333094004
Sm4sh and Melee elitists are just as bad, if not worse. Why don't you not play those games, either?
>>
>>333094086
You PM elitists are infinitely worse because you won't shut up about your dead mod
>>
>>333094086
Who said I played them?
I don't play Smash 4 or Melee anymore.
I only play vBrawl or Brawl-.
>>
>>333093978
>>333094004
The Smash community and PMtards are the worst. Nothing but autists and SJWs plague Smashboards. The majority of the PMDT are all cunts too.

>don't mod our mod!!

That said, none of that takes away from PM being a great mod, and better than all the other smashes period. Just cause I dislike tge fanbase and creators, doesnt mean I can't enjoy the product
>>
File: Doubles 1.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Doubles 1.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>333094146
Sm4sh fans and melee fans never shut up about their games either, though. Can you imagine how it feels for a meleefag or PMfag to see sm4sh threads on /v/? Most of them don't enter them, but it definitely makes them feel wrong if ever so slightly. Again, the big problem with the smash fanbase is that they completely lack empathy. See: The rape incident.

>>333094153
Well that's understandable, I suppose.
>>
>>333094086
Because he talks too much about shit nobody cares about and wont fucking shut the fuck up.
>>
>>333094264
I guess.
The fanbase is just so awful that I can't stand it anymore. I play sometimes but it doesn't feel the same anymore.
>>
>>333094153
>Only play vBrawl or Minus
Nice tastes
>>
File: For Fun 1.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
For Fun 1.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>333094335
That type of apathy is the kind that destroys culture and kills art, including videogames, though. It makes you and your culture boring, uncivilized, and overall just a negative influence on this earth. If you don't care, then nobody would care if you were gone.
>>
It's the barneyfag, isn't it?

>>333093617
>I really hope the modding community gets it's shit together and gives Sm4sh the PM treatement.
I'm more interested in just balancing Smash 4. Probably make it just little more faster and heavy, and we have a perfect balance between Brawl and Melee. There's no need to turn every Smash game into an another Melee clone, plus ruining the fanbase one more time.
>>
>>333088493
Never played it, never found an .iso with it on and I can't bear to play it on my Wii in disgusting 480p.
>>
>>333093961
if all the characters that had 0 to deaths were behind a $5 paywall maybe
>>
>>333094086
>Balanced Brawl with better mechanics
This is what PM was and should have stayed as.

>Special-snowflake movesets and massive, arbitrary changes across the board
This is what PM wound up being. I wanted a balanced Brawl with better mechanics and new characters, not a clunkier Melee with awful fan-made movesets.
>>
>>333094551

Honestly, if they fixed shielding, added a bit of shieldstun/hitstun, and made movement not so fucking shit I'd be more then happy to play.
>>
>>333094586
You don't need to build ISOs for netplay anymore. That mode is deprecated as hell.

https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/264y/project-m/project-m-netplay-the-sd-method
>>
File: 1410452903281.png (40 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1410452903281.png
40 KB, 184x184
>>333088493
I just hate that they made retarded changes to characters like Lucas or Lucario while keeping the likes of Fox and Faqlco the same just to apace the autists gods. They had zero quality control.
>>
>>333094264
>and better than all the other smashes period
And this is why you and your mod are not well-liked. You pretend its better than the actual games and tried to push it as the standard.

Brawl emulating Melee's physics is not better than Melee, sorry.
>>
>>333094551
Sounds like Smash 4 Minus will be the game for you
>>
>>333094551
Making it heavy and faster wouldn't be enough with smash4's shit ledge mechanics (don't get me wrong, they are good in theory, but essentially become a bother and the sub-meta the new ledge develops is plain annoyance) and infinite air dodge
>>
>>333094682
what fanmade movesets? the only one that I feel is out of place is dorfs float thing
>>
File: G&W x Sonic.webm (3 MB, 679x522) Image search: [Google]
G&W x Sonic.webm
3 MB, 679x522
>>333094682
But why are those things bad? Why are you looking at your own selfish wants versus what would overall be benefitial to the game?

Also, clunkier melee? Awful movesets? These things don't apply to Project M. I think you're mistaking it for some different game.

>>333094781
Why are the changes retarded, overall, Lucario and Lucas are at their best in PM out of any game. They're the most balanced, most fun to play, strongest, and overall very good characters.

If there's zero quality control, why is it still the most balanced fighting game ever made?
>>
>>333094781

They brought everyone up to fox/falco's level you retard. Being able to play bowser or the dorf against fox and go to to toe felt fucking amazing.

And are you honestly upset over the decloneification of lucas? They tailored him better to his character with the whole PSI offense up thing better then slamurai did. Not to mention wario's entire retooling being fucking amazing/fun as hell.
>>
>>333094790
How is it "pretending" when it just about is? Why are people so offended by the notion that, hey, one game is better than the other?
>>
>>333093978
>the smash community defended MacD for raping a minor
Damn this is some terrible bait homie
>>
>>333094953
>I can't take criticism
Just shut the fuck up already
>>
File: trash.webm (84 KB, 583x378) Image search: [Google]
trash.webm
84 KB, 583x378
All this thread has proven to me is that the world would be a better place without smashfags.

If I were to rid america of niggers and rid the world of smashfags, I'd choose the smashfags.

How can you niggers even pretend you're better than this pmfag, holy shit.
>>
>>333088493
I believe its worse.

back in the day there used to be pirate versions of fighting games, that were faster than the official arcade version of the game it was based on, characters had more moves etc.

they were played for fun, because of the different gameplay, but never took seriously for competitive play.

Project M is something that is taken as something seriously while not being an official product by the company, in other words its just a mod and mods shouldnt be allowed in competitive play at all.

just like in real sports we dont allow players to bend the rules to make it better or fun.
>>
>>333094953
>Lucario and Lucas are at their best in PM
I take it you've never given the Minus versions of those characters a look have you
>>
>>333094536
You sound like a real pretentious fag. Kindly fuck off and off yourself.
>>
>>333095130
But those aren't criticism, they're just saying negative things that don't apply to the game. It's called "lying."
>>
>>333094551
I disagree. I really like the treatment PM gave a lot of the characters. Particularly Zelda, Lucas, and especially Samus. Seeing those return like that would be great.

Likewise, I'd like to see Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers return. As well as Knuckles, Lyn, Isaac, and Sami make their debut.

I'd also like to see All Star Smash, Turbo Mode, Retro Mode, and Stamina mode all come back, as well as a revamped Boss Rush, and old school classic mode.

None of the things I mentioned would make it a "Melee clone."

Mechanically, I don't really mind so long as it's faster and momentum returns. I never much cared for wavedashing, and I agree some of the Sm4sh mechanics are good. Still, take from both worlds.

Despite that, given all I've mentioned, it'll take a lot more than "just make it faster" to make a decent mod. There's also a lot of untapped potential with the custom moves for example.
>>
>>333094958
>Huurr clobe are bad lets declone Lucas and Lucario
>BUT DONT TOUCH FALCO AND FOX BECAUSE MUH MELEE

Nice quality control.
>>
>>333095193
This is the most backward logic I've ever seen in my entire life.

>Innovation is bad, tradition is good!

I hate to say CURRENT YEAR but nigger, it's fucking 2016.
>>
>>333088493
>What is your opinion on Project M?
I enjoy it

>If you had to compare it to other smash games or vanilla brawl, where would you place it and why?
Better than smash 4 and brawl, because it's faster and less floaty and less casual, slightly worse than melee

>Do you think it's a better or worse competitive game than melee?
Slightly worse

Yes
>>
>>333094826
I absolutely hated all the changes they made to pretty much all the characters I played. They just changed shit because they felt like it or due to some weird obsession with making every character more "true" to their source material, or at least what they decided was true to the character. The movesets in Brawl were already fine for the most part, just needed some tweaking, the core mechanics are what needed attention.

I don't even want to play Ganodorf because he's absolutely nothing like he was in Brawl. I wanted to play a Brawl Ganondorf that didn't suck with better movement options and approaches, not whatever bullshit they pulled out of their asses. They just made seemingly arbitrary changes to so many moves, for example Charizard's Fair.
>>
Was in love with the game and the community for about 2 years, but I fell out of love with it for my own reasons. Was about to quit right before the PMDT broke up, but stayed after that to try to help the community stay on its feet. It's failing, hard. The circuit will probably be successful to some extent, but interest in the game is waning, obviously. /v/'s opinion of PM used to be a lot higher pre-shutdown. I kinda miss the bi-weekly netplay tournaments.
>>
>>333095250
>Their opinions are false
Okay now you're just baiting
>>
>>333095382
>I hated that they made the characters I play better.
Literally "I hate change" holy shit

Can mods ban people for these kinds of posts? Because you have to be underage to think this way.
>>
>>333094790
I just gave my opinion you autist. Chill the fuck out, no one is trying to start a flame war.
>>
>>333095382
The changes to wario were great though, changing him from le epic fat fart man to warioland wario. They didn't change much of dorf aside from his neutral b/float and moving the old warlock punch to a taunt
>>
>>333095474
Those aren't opinions, they're stating false facts, they're called "lies."
>>
>>333095360
you didnt innovate anything, you just changed a few parameters, to make it more to your liking and then complain at people who enjoy the game the way it is.

its like saying that using drug in real life sports should be allowed cause it allows players to run faster and last longer than athletes who dont use them.

only the official games themselves should be played competitively. and not the MOD versions
>>
>>333094953
>Why are you looking at your own selfish wants versus what would overall be benefitial to the game?
Funny because this is how I felt the PM dev team operated. All they had to do was fix what Brawl broke.

Oh, you liked the character the way it was, and want them to play faster with better frame data? lolnope, have some arbitrary move set alterations despite the existing move set being perfectly fine!

>Also, clunkier melee? Awful movesets? These things don't apply to Project M
Everything feels clunkier than it does in Melee because it's Brawl's engine emulating Melee's physics. And of course things like Lcancelling have wider windows for execution so its easier.
>>
>>333095620
Opinions can't be facts or even false facts.
>>
>>333095620
If you're serious, I suggest you get your head out of your ass.

If you're baiting, you're doing a good job hurting PM's terrible reputation even more.
>>
File: 1453440255120.png (447 KB, 750x810) Image search: [Google]
1453440255120.png
447 KB, 750x810
I love how all of the criticisms of Project M are "I hate it because they changed things but also made things the same and I hate change and I hate melee and I hate when unofficial things are better than official things!!! (even though "official" is just an arbitrary term that doesn't benefit me in the slightest)"

Welp, looks like I'm quitting sm4sh forever. You people are insufferable.
>>
>>333095385
Just want to add one more thing to this. All the PM players in this thread acting confrontational towards the people who don't like PM really need to shut the fuck up. Yeah, some people don't like PM. Stop trying to change people's minds. Go find the fence-sitters who you can actually convince that PM is fun to play. That's how you keep the community alive.

What's happening in this thread is how you kill it.
>>
>>333095385
>It's failing hard
Tbh, I'm kinda glad it is considering the behaviour of the PMDT and fanbase in the weeks following the shutdown.
>>
>>333095704
>And of course things like Lcancelling have wider windows for execution so its easier.

This is just straight-up false. It's 7 frames in both Melee and PM.
>>
>>333095717
>>333095762
Nigger calling something an "awful moveset" isn't stating an opinion, it's stating that the moveset is bad. Good and Bad are objective things.

They're saying that objectively, the moveset is bad.

Objective = Fact

The moveset, is in fact, not bad.

Therefore, It's a False Fact.

Ergo, a Lie.

It's not an opinion, it's not a fact, it's a lie.
>>
>>333095382
>I don't even want to play Ganodorf because he's absolutely nothing like he was in Brawl. I wanted to play a Brawl Ganondorf that didn't suck with better movement options and approaches, not whatever bullshit they pulled out of their asses.

Brawl Minus Ganondorf is my all-time favorite Ganondorf
>>
>>333095193
>capcom and Nintendo are the only ones with understanding of game design

>>333095382
>he didn't like cape ganon dork
What you wrote and what they did are just about exactly what they did to dorf, at least before 3.5.

Any of the other changes were cosmetic changes to animation and momentum inheritance.

How the fuck do you not like momentum I heritance as a ganon main?
>>
PM was great until they decided to start condensing blast zones, and buffing everything in existence but then also nerfing falco's dair to pal or whatever the fuck it is with the shitty sourspot

great game with some guys letting shitheaded ideas creep into it
>>
>>333095312
>decloning characters they want to declone suddenly means they're poor quality
>also implying they left Falco/Fox untouched

They nerfed them and gave them unique animations, but they were two highly loved melee characters, hence why they kept the same general feel.

I'd take PM Falco and Lucario over how the got butchered in Smash 4/Brawl.
>>
>>333092986
>are they founded in reason?
Not him, but this is the most retarded thing you wrote today
>>
>>333095602
>changing him from le epic fat fart man to warioland wario
Nope, he was just fine as he was. Perfect example of why I don't like the dev team and most of their changes. They only did it because they were still massively asspained over Wario not using Wario Land moves, not because they thought it would make the character better and more balanced. I loved how Wario played in Brawl, I couldn't give two shits about the favor behind his moves.
>>
>>333096002
Tbh, the best Ganondorf is BronzeGreekGod's magicdorf.

PM didn't change him enough imo. They shoulda used tge clone engine to add Black Shadow as the falcon clobe, and made dorf original like BGG did.
>>
>>333095668
>you didnt innovate anything, you just changed a few parameters
they added two characters and were planning on adding three more, and added dozens of brand new mechanics
>>
>>333094551
Im more interesting in a Smash game based solely on 2v2 matches. Would be hype.
>>
File: 1456875438346.jpg (76 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1456875438346.jpg
76 KB, 540x405
So after all this, I think I have come to this conclusion:

Anyone who dislikes Project M for any reason presented in this thread aside from "I prefer these other games" is legitimately retarded and never worth talking to about anything ever.

I pray to god no other human being is forced to interact with them.
>>
>>333096002
>>capcom and Nintendo are the only ones with understanding of game design

so why dont you make your own game instead of leeching off someone elses work and then trying to boycot the creator to promote your modded version?

the modded version was not intended, its ok to play it, just not compete with the original product.

>>333096205
yet the core game is still copied from nintendo.
>>
>>333095668
Assembly hacking is harder than just changing a few parameters
>>
>>333096054
>but they were two highly loved melee characters, hence why they kept the same general feel.
>Keeping something the same out of personal preference of some high profile Melee players

NICE
QUALITY
CONTROL
>>
>>333095782
>Wanted a balanced Brawl that still played like Brawl but was faster and more competitive
>Get Babby's First Melee instead

>>333096002
He's better but he just doesn't play the same, I didn't like playing him. I'd have much rather they kept his moves largely the same and just improved the game's core mechanics.
>>
>>333096045
>but then also nerfing falco's dair to pal or whatever the fuck it is with the shitty sourspot

this just straight up never happened. they nerfed the damage slightly on the late hit but the hitboxes and knockback angles are the exact same

i don't understand how people can believe this blatant misinformation that they must have dreamed or read on /v/ or something
>>
>>333096227
More like anyone who likes PM is so far up their own ass they consider everyone else's opinion invalid
>>
File: 1o9jmIA.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1o9jmIA.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
What's the best version of PM 3.6?

I've been using Project M XP. Not as many costumes as some other versions, but the level variations always load reliably.
>>
>>333096227
Melee is objectively better.
>>
>>333096389
Hey asshole, play falco and do a dair in melee and then do it in PM and then come back and tell me how it's the same

stupid cocksucker
>>
>>333096227
Yeah, there's some genuine autism going on ITT. Not sure where it's coming from since /v/ usually isn't like this. This sort of attitude has the stink of the Smashboards Smash4 General all over it though. Not too sure since I left that forum ages ago, but I recall this degree of cognitive dissonance from that place many months ago. It's why I left in fact. And no, it wasn't always PM related, but just about any topic imaginable.
>>
File: 743.png (231 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
743.png
231 KB, 400x400
>>333095928
>Good and Bad are objective things.
Excellent bait, my fellow /v/ user.
>>
>>333096348
>Wanted a balanced Brawl that still played like Brawl but was faster and more competitive
Why don't more people play Brawl Minus, that's exactly what it is nowadays
>>
>>333093617
Wii U is barely hackable now.
Even if someone works on it... how many people would be able to actually play it?
I would rather have them work on 3ds
>>
File: wha.png (13 KB, 240x215) Image search: [Google]
wha.png
13 KB, 240x215
>>333094781
>>333095312
>decloning lucario
I haven't touched PM in a while, did they add Riolu?
>>
>>333095668
This sports comparison is ludicrous. You're arguing that a bunch of people agreeing to play a modded version of the game they find more enjoyable is comparable to one person cheating in a competition.

Stop.
>>
>>333096553
you said they nerfed it to pal idiot

have you ever seen pal falco dair?
>>
File: 1440819593201.png (62 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
1440819593201.png
62 KB, 245x251
Project M's alright.

It's got more content than Brawl. My only complaint is the players. Maybe it's just where I live, but 99% of the PM players I've met are the fucking worst

>FUCKING CASUAL KILL YOURSELF WHY WOULD YOU EVER PLAY TRASH GIT GUD
>YOU ONLY BEAT ME BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING THIS CHARACTER

Though, honestly, playing Smash for the gameplay is like watching porn for the story.
>>
>>333096591
>Sm4sh 3DS
People were dumb enough to actually buy that?
>>
>>333096227
>ANYONE WHO PRESENTS DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM MY OPINIONS IS RETARDED

/v/ - Video Games.
>>
>>333095782
>I'M MAD BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T CONFORM TO MY VIEWS AND TASTES
Good, now fuck off.
>>
File: goodgrief.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
goodgrief.gif
371 KB, 500x375
I don't particularly care for PM because i don't particularly care for melee.

I'd probably place Smash 4 at the top since that's the one I've had the most fun with.

I don't know if it deserved to be C&D'd, i'm not a lawyer, but i do think it's a shame. Even though i don't like PM, the people who do should be able to play it, and it's too bad for those people that development was stopped. Everyone should just play whatever smash games they like, all the shit flinging is fucking retarded.
>>
>>333096692
listen up faggot, I don't know what the specific version of whatever it is they changed it to and I don't give a fuck

the point is that it was the long lasting mega spike just like it was in a American melee and now it's got shitty sourspot during the latter half of the attack

now can you stop trying to argue when you're completely fucking clueless and wrong
>>
>>333088493
I like it
Great characters with fun moves and mechanics, fun stages and good balance
I can pick up a random character in PM and be fine with how they feel and play. I play half the cast of 4 and want to kill myself because they feel like shit.
>>
>>333096319
Where was PM competing with the original? It required brawl, used its own assets, and half the engine work would have been easier to do if they replicated in a new engine. But they did it the hard way through ASM injection.

You say leaching like they stole anything, by that metric every single mod is plagiarism.

No one expected Nintendo to pick up PM, people hoped that they'd see it as an example of what the competitive community wanted. And that they'd foster the modding community like iD software and Valve have.

Jesus, DWANGO maps became the defacto final destination maps for Doom deathmatch. I don't even have to mention CS, Dota, and so forth.
>>
>>333096343
Yes, people can keep something the same if they are liked. Developers can do what they want with characters. Really not that complex. What would determine the quality is how they're implemented, and they're all implemented pretty much equally.
>>
>>333096475
Speaking objectively, I would say PM/Brawl is much better. More items, characters, WAY more single player content and things to do in the game in general.

Having said that I prefer Melee (subjective).
>>
Pm is the mlp of smash, babbys first mugen
>>
>>333096926
you don't even know what sourspot means lmao

you're talking about the late hit, which still spikes, so i honestly have no idea what you're talking about. it's just slightly weaker. in pal they made the late hit knock them up and away which is a significant nerf

i think you probably just get wrecked by jank PM players because you have no fundamentals and have to blame something desu
>>
I like all games equally.
>>
>>333096769
>>333096407
It's not that everyone has an opinion that's invalidated, it's the cognitive dissonance they have that makes them come off subhuman.
>>
>>333096702
>Playing a game for gameplay is like watching porn for not porn
???
>>
>>333097205
Same here.
>>
>>333097120
LOL HE DOESNT EVEN KNOW XYZ JARGON

shut the fuck up faggot go stroke your microdick somewhere else, out of everything they couldve changed in PM they condensed blast zones and arbitrarily nerfed falcos spike so use whatever terms you want to describe it it's still stupid and so are you

eat shit and die you fucking faggot
>>
File: Snake4.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snake4.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I really just like PM more than any other Smash because of cool-ass custom character skins. Okay, it plays a lot faster and more crisp than Sm4sh in my opinion, definitely faster than Brawl, and it's the only fighting game where I can kick ass with not Solid Snake, but the Big Boss himself.

I hope somebody makes a Venom Snake reskin one day.
>>
>>333094953
>still the most balanced fighting game ever made?
>>
>>333097545
hahahaha i can't believe i was so right

enjoy losing to squirtle and pit at your local

>muh dair nerf!!
you realize you're literally the only person i've seen complain about this, right? you realize that people still play falco in PAL, right? have you ever heard the expression "git gud"?
>>
>>333095267
>As well as Knuckles, Lyn, Isaac, and Sami make their debut.
Why? This is what killed Project M, and it requires balancing and polish that I didn't trust the P:M dev team with then, and I wouldn't trust a new team with now
I love Project M, and I'm glad it died when it did so we never had to deal with that shit
>>
The only reason I like PM the most is because it has my favorite iteration of samus. Other than that I'm too casul to really tell the difference
>>
>>333097224
I think YOU are having cognitive dissonance, since you are calling everyone that disagree you.
>>
File: Lucario x Mewtwo.webm (3 MB, 685x538) Image search: [Google]
Lucario x Mewtwo.webm
3 MB, 685x538
>>333097616
You post that epic reaction image but let's throw out the cognitive dissonance and lies:

Project M's entire cast is viable, so viable that there's no real tier list for the game. In addition to that, the lowest MU spread in the game is 70:30, but the majority of MU's are 45:55 and 50:50.

The only counter to Project M not being the most balanced is "it's not a fighting game."
>>
Last I checked, P:M wasn't even C&D'd.

They were blue balled from stream exposure and any major tourney presence, and the devs decided to drop P:M in favor of working on an original project, since continuing work on P:M COULD have resulted in legal trouble down the line.
>>
>>333097724
self-suck your micro dick where somebody gives a shit about your PM locals which Im thinking either don't exist or have 2 entrants

Of all the games you choose to fucking feel superior about cause you play it more than other people and it's gonna be the dead and Nintendo hated PM?

Just kill yourself ya fucking dweeb
>>
>>333097873
And they disagree because of reasons... that are either false, don't exist, or for emotional reasons that affect corporations and not them. That's cognitive dissonance. An entire population can suffer from cognitive dissonance, being in the minority doesn't automatically make you wrong.
>>
>>333086189
its not a fighting game its a fighting mod :^)
>>
File: Waluishill.png (486 KB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
Waluishill.png
486 KB, 852x478
I just don't get why people wanting to mod brawl wouldn't play brawl minus instead.
Characters are fun to play, there's always funny shit to discover and use on your opponents each update, it's just plain fun.
Altough it's extremely fun playing with friends, it's got a meta growing as well, so you can always try and go win the next tourney.
There's also a WII U version coming out sometimes soon.
>>
Project M makes me afraid to make games, it's a genuinely fantastic game that nobody likes. I feel like no matter how good or bad my game is, it being liked/disliked is a matter of randomness.
>>
>>333097725
Ok....

I don't agree with you at all, but ok...

>>333098042
This
>>
File: 1402402646491.gif (2 MB, 662x720) Image search: [Google]
1402402646491.gif
2 MB, 662x720
>>333098061
>post something blatantly untrue
>get called out
>WTF WHO EVEN CARES ABOUT THIS DEAD GAME YOU HAVE A SMALL PENIS

man you really do sound like a falco main
i.e. retarded
>>
>>333098350
It entirely depends on who's your target audience.
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (23 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
23 KB, 480x472
>so upset that the game changed they had to mod it to play exactly like the previous entry and re-introduce bugs
>>
>>333098350
/v/ just hates everything if you haven't noticed by now.

Name ONE thing that is unanimously liked here.

It used to be Rance, but since redditards and tumblrinas invaded us, even THAT is polarizing.
>>
File: 1397627540596.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1397627540596.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>>333098530
>Play exactly
If it played exactly like melee then why don't meleefags move onto it???

Also why does it have 41 characters and not 25 characters???

and 69 stages and not.. however many melee had??

Huh????
>>
>>333095801
This.
PMfags always try to "convert" people, it is so fucking annoying
>>
>>333098630
TTYD

La-mulana before reddit and tumblr invaded us
>>
>>333098530
>bugs
>>
>>333098474
ahaha what a shocker that the faggot defaults to his anime reaction image

you didn't call out shit, I'd fucking smoke you in PM even if i were shitfaced drunk

you think I lose to anime posting subhumans? come on my man don't kid yourself
>>
>>333098630
>Name ONE thing that is unanimously liked here
pikmin
>>
>>333098630
Are there actually people that don't like Rance?
I've never played it, but I'd still be surprised.
>>
File: crusader_1600.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
crusader_1600.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1200
>>333098729
>Evangelists are bad.
Get out of here you degenerate
>>
>>333098197
This so much, and the final version supposedly has a lot of great things we don't know about yet.

>>333098630
Kirby
>>
>>333098778
No and no.

TTYD is disliked by Sticker Star apologists and 64 purists.

And with La Mulana, you answered it yourself.
>>
File: 926.png (7 KB, 468x527) Image search: [Google]
926.png
7 KB, 468x527
>>333098090
You're having cognitive dissonance just for the fact you are trying to prove why your opinions should be objectives.
>>
>>333098630
How often do the H scenes pop up in Sengoku Rance?

I want to play it, but I don't want to to be like Big Bang Age where I am eventually just mashing through the H scenes since I just want to get back to the game.
>>
>>333098976
>TTYD is disliked by Sticker Star apologists
I liked SS, and I loved both TTYD and 64 though.
>>
>>333098981
>Posting your opinion like it means anything
lol loser
>>
>>333098816
Pikmin is boring. Baby's first RTS.

>>333098943
The only good Kirby games are Mass Attack and Canvas Curse. Oh, and Air Ride. The rest are overrated as fuck.
>>
>>333098808
Will you two just fuck already.
and post pics
>>
>>333098929
The main character being a rapist triggers moralfags and landwhales.
>>
>>333096714
>buy
>>
>>333099263
Which is funny because it's not that Rance isn't a rapist, but he just doesn't see him doing what he does as rape. He thinks all girls are his property and he can do what he pleases whenever he pleases, and this isn't even from sexism, he's just an idiot.

On top of that he isn't even good at sex.
>>
>>333099017
Uhh, you gotta trigger then. You get them quite frequently in the start, but they are harder to get later into the game.

Just play it though. It's possibly Alicesoft's best game. It's a lot of fun, and while H-scenes are good and quite funny in fact, you'll probably still skip the to get back to the action cause the game itself is just so damn fun.

I recommend it a lot.
>>
>>333099139
>posting discussions in an imageboard discussion doesn't mean anything
lol loser
>>
>>333099263
Are there actual moralfags here in /v/ that's go so far as to not liking a game because the main character rapes people?
>>
>>333099632
good discussion is objective

opinions are worthless
>>
>>333099539
Yeah, I know, but SJWs are notorious for being oversensitive and retarded. And honestly, rape isn't THAT big a deal that making jokes about it should be taboo. Honestly, non-violent rape is a step below getting your ass kicked, and violent rape on par with it. Traumatizing, yes. Criminal, yes. But not the worst thing ever.

Wonder how those idiots would react if they knew the person who conceptualized and created Rance and his character is in fact a very horny Japanese chick.
>>
>>333099732
Go away, you're kind of shit.
Even taking into account you not being serious.
>>
>>333088493

Project M is the best Smash Bros to date, at the very least in terms of balance. I don't play competitively, but I crave the speed and the handling of many of the characters. The stages not being hazard-fest autoscrollers is great too.
>>
>>333099732
So discussions are worthless?
>>
>>333099665
Yes, just go to any Rance thread that wanders on over here from /vg/, you'll ocassionally come across a couple of them.
>>
>>333100059
>>333100160
Tell me, what do opinions that are purely opinions do?

They sap the time out of the person reading and they bring us closer to the bump limit.

That actually makes them LESS than worthless!
>>
>>333100039
Same as Neptunia, they don't care and think all of Japan has "internalized misogyny" when in reality Japan just knows not to take everything so seriously and that it's just a video game
>>
>All these shitposters getting upset because they can't provide actual arguments
I enjoy PM a lot, if only because Ganondorf's side B is an actual grab
>>
File: really.png (18 KB, 315x279) Image search: [Google]
really.png
18 KB, 315x279
>>333100237
Do you want a discussion made entirely of exchanging facts?
Can't see anything wrong with that idea?
It's boring.
>>
>>333099732
holy shit you have problems
>>
>>333100918
No, you suffer from cognitive dissonance and "over emotional teenager syndrome," you're the one with issues.

>>333100829
No, I want fact-fueled opinions. That leads us to the truth. Opinions that are just opinions because opinions are things teenagers do, this is an 18+ board.
>>
>>333101027
And you are "a fucking drone" that doesn't know emotions
>>
>>333101027
Y'know there are plenty of support groups for people with autism. You don't have to be alone in this.
>>
>>333100636
>the aerial version can't be cancelled into an explosion leaving them open to another attack.
It's okay.
>>333101027
Sometimes, opinions aren't based on facts. That should be fine in this context, since we're discussing our preferences over games.
>>
>>333101213
>>333101268
>If you're not a teenager you have autism
wow
>>
>>333101027
This is the kind of autism i would expect from m2k, are you him by chance?
>>
>>333100237
>>333101027

Did /v/ transceded the limits? Do you really want just have the same facts over and over, limiting your knowledge, instead exchanging ideas to expand your knowledge?

Someone, screencap this shit.
>>
File: 1439510919560.png (128 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1439510919560.png
128 KB, 375x375
Great thread. guys.
>>
File: 1441769397403.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1441769397403.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>333101523
>Opinions, things that are virtually worthless, expand knowledge.
>Facts don't expand knowledge.
>>
>>333101527
OP knew perfectly well what kind of thread this was going to be the very moment he mentioned smash.
>>
>>333101352
>if you are unable to empathize with people's emotions you have autism
wow
>>
>>333101349
It carries momentum though. Ganonciding from inside battlefield is great when you both have 1 stock left
>>
File: 1453321665075.jpg (42 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1453321665075.jpg
42 KB, 679x427
>>333101958
>Anti-PMfags shitting on others for lacking empathy.
>>
>>333101615
>Opinions, things that are virtually worthless,
>worthless

I might admit being wrong at facts, but this? No.
>>
>>333102009
Oh fuck that sounds fun as hell. Now that's something that sounds like I'd definitely want it in brawl minus.
I don't know if we have it, actually. Didn't play in months.
>>
File: killurself.jpg (92 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
killurself.jpg
92 KB, 878x814
>>333102049
I take it you don't know how to read because i never said nor implied i'm anti PM and, ipso facto, i am not.

Can you go be a mouth breathing retard somewhere else?
>>
>>333102142
Do you know what virtually means?
>>
My friends and I play it. It's fun.
>>
>>333102343
Just tested it in PM. You can do it pretty close to the center of the stage, on the platforms where you spawn. Get on the platform too and shorthop into side B, you'll jump off stage and kill both of you. It doesn't work if you jump from below, but it can be done close to the edge on the ground too. Haven't tested it in other stages but it should work as long as they have platforms

It covers almost 1/4 of battlefield
>>
>>333098042
It's clear by now they dropped it due to an invisible legal pressure that they were tipped off on by a lawyer before it became visible. It supposedly wasn't a C&D, they didn't know WHAT it would be but among the things it COULD have been was a million dollar law suit apparently.
>>
PM is better than all of the smash games, if only they finished lyn knuckles, sami, and issac it would have been better.

the people who disagree either didn't play it with friends or suck at it
>>
>>333104687
I played both with my friends and minus is the one we all liked most.
It's just plain condensed fun, and every character had something fresh and stupidly powerful to offer, we kept laughing at this shit and trying them all, then when we did we just kept playing it.

Why are you making what-if scenarios about the people disliking the game?
>>
>>333105459
Any prepatched isos for Brawl Minus? Is the gameplay like vanilla Brawl, or closer to PM?
>>
>>333106056
No, you can find a download on their website.

It's somewhere in-between Brawl and PM, with some 64 thrown in for good measure. The game has a lot of hitstun. Random tripping is out, as expected.
>>
>>333106056
Can't find an ISO, but it's playable on emulator if you do your research.
It doesn't have much in terms of melee stuff, but it does have momentum conservation and more hitsun than melee itself, it's something around 64 if I remember well, not sure if it's more or less.
Characters are balanced to be stronger than Brawl level Meta knight.
>>
>>333088493
I like it, it's pretty much my favorite Smash to play with friends and competitively.
From a spectator standpoint Melee is better because of the storylines and players, from a technical standpoint Melee edges it out, from a balance standpoint it beats all Smash games.
No, I wanted to play a finished Knuckles.
>>
>>333106250
>>333106250
Can I switch between PM and Minus easily, or is it one or the other? Sounds pretty fun
>>
>>333106671
Get two SD cards. Or if you're playing on Dolphin, keep two sd.raw. Easy peasy.
>>
>>333106671
Why wouldn't you be able to switch?
Just back up your sd card's content, or use two sd card.
>>
>>333106878
>>333106948
Alright then, thanks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqeJGQUM3LM
Is this a minus thread?
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.