[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Stalker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Getout.jpg (10 KB, 255x43) Image search: [Google]
Getout.jpg
10 KB, 255x43
Where do I start with Stalker?
>>
Start by installing it.
>>
>>333084051
I played 2 hours of one of em. I got to a fire circle and kept dying so I quit.
>>
>>333083974
Start with SoC and the starter pack from /sg/ repository
>>
>>333083974
You don't.
>>
>>333083974
It starts with
One thing I don't know why
>>
With SoC and install the complete mod first since the game has many bugs that were never patched by the devs.
>>
Let's see how long it takes for faggots to start talking about mods.
>>
>>333083974
Release order. Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat. CS is kind of shit so you can skip it if you want, but no mods on your first run on any of them.
>>
Start with shadow. Also, play the game on master difficulty. It actually makes the game "easier", in the sense that enemies won't be bullet sponges. You'll also take more damage, but at least you'll stand a better chance. Also, remember that ballistics are affected by gravity, so things like pistol rounds won't travel as far as rifle rounds. Just something to keep in mind.
>>
Don't use mods that do anything other than bug fix

Play them in order
>>
I tried getting into soc but it's sort of shitty, the combat is horrific. Everything else is interesting though, maybe I need to get some overhaul for the combat.
>>
>>333085336
So the devs never actually fixed the difficult? Why does /v/ praise this broken game so much?
>>
STALKER games are not even that good, they're terribly overrated here on /v/ for some reason, play the Metro games instead, they're much better.
>>
>>333085471
The gunplay is a bit clunky, but I toughed it out and honestly was pretty satisfied once I finished the game.

I didn't do any sidequest shit or whatever though.
>>
File: The 3 Stages fo Stalkan.png (1 MB, 986x897) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages fo Stalkan.png
1 MB, 986x897
>>333085538

For me, its the atmosphere. The zone feels like a horrifying nightmare on earth, but it still feels "believable", like it could actually happen.
>>
stake out the house for a while first, figure out when she'll be alone

wouldn't want anyone coming home while you're raping
>>
>>333083974
>>333085085
>>333085187
>>333085647
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Play SHoC, no mods faggot.
>>
>>333083974
Alright so there are three games. If you click on it you can go to the store and figure out when it was released. What order do you think they should be played in?
>>
File: 1411693613380.png (17 KB, 109x102) Image search: [Google]
1411693613380.png
17 KB, 109x102
>get clear sky since it was cheap
>install faction mod right away
>just wander around killing stuff and fighting monolith and avoiding chimera if I can
>hunting mutants for income
Comfortable with a dash of panic at times.
>>
Kind of off topic but what are some movies with a similar feel to the STALKER games?
>>
>>333086232

>TFW
>before vanilla game

>>>/r/stalker
>>
Is there any mod that fixes the sponginess? Even at master it's unbearable, especially with the weapon accuracy (i'm not talking about the drop).

What mods are generally recommended?
>>
There aren't official bug fixes? I wanna get as close to vanilla as possible.
>>
>>333087304
The games are patched up on Steam, as much as a Slav game can be patched by the devs. The X-Ray engine is an unholy chimeric mess

Get ZRP if you want more fixes
>>
>>333083974
Don't. They're extremely overrated and otherwise very mediocre games. Even if you mod the everliving shit out of them, it's still generally boring
>>
>>333086719
I thought clear sky vanilla was bad, is it better then people say?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.