[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, does it eventually git gud or did the series truly die after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: mgs.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgs.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So, does it eventually git gud or did the series truly die after Snek Eater?
>>
I meant Phantom Pain, just googled MGSV and posted the first seemingly relative image.
>>
>>333083423
I liked TPP
>>
>>333083423
TPP at least had some unique gameplay compared to most games on the market. It paled compared to 4 however.
>>
>>333084041
B-but, 4 was tedious garbage, Anon.
>>
Phantom Pain is actually a fun video game unlike everything else in the metal gear series
>>
>>333083423
Gameplay wise? Absolutely. Tried and true cutscene filled metal gear shenanigans? No. No. No.
>>
>>333084303
But it just goes on and on without progressing the plot. It's like if Red Dead Redemption just cycled through the same three missions ad infinitem.
>>
>>333084267
Lies!
>>
>>333084303
I sure do love doing the same 10 activities over 100 times!

Fucking kill yourself faggot
>>
>>333084267
>4 was tedious garbage
Even if that's true, are you seriously going to make the claim that TPP isn't even more tedious?
>>
>>333085397
I'm OP, that guy was saying TPP wasn't as good as 4, whereas both sucked.
>>
>>333085397
TPP was a good game but had way too much filler.
>>
>>333083423
>after snake eater
>after
>>
>>333083423
I liked the gameplay, and I'm not much a fan of modern games, it might mean something to ya.

There's no story whatsoever, compared to any other MGS game. (except maybe Piss Walker)
>>
>>333083423

Give up all hope of a good story and play a very fun arcadey tactical stealth game with Farmville elements.
>>
>>333083423
>>333083620
Its a genuinely good game, but the story is retarded.
>>
It could have been a really good game if Kojima didn't try to be edgy retard again.
>>
>>333087129
GZ>PW>PO>>>>>>>>>>>V
(Story)
>>
>>333090312
Quiet was good though since it spit in the face of PC culture.
>>
>>333083423
skip every side mission until chapter 2.
Once you get to chapter 2 skip every repeat mission, if you get stuck just play three side ops and you will unlock the next main mission. Download a list or something for getting all the "rescue mother base soldiers" side ops in the minimum amount of time since they are the only story-related ones.
The game is actually good if you skip all the filler shit but you have to go out of your way to do so.
>>
>>333083423
The gameplay is the most cinematic of all the msgs. Not story wise. Just saying when you are infiltrating a base at night with the rain pouring on you while a copter flies ahead and walker gear scan the grounds. And you infiltrate the base, complete your objectives, and sneak out without a single soul knowing about it. There's an experience the cutscene heavy precursors just didn't nail quite the same.

I'm disappointed about the story, but it is an experience I have yet to see executed the same.
>>
God tier gameplay, but missions are repetitive and hot garbage.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.