[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of people replay games every once in a while. But have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: falling2.png (287 KB, 469x247) Image search: [Google]
falling2.png
287 KB, 469x247
A lot of people replay games every once in a while. But have you ever replayed a game literally right after beating it?

Yesterday I re-beat FEAR, and immediately decided to try beating it again but without using slow-mo. I just had this sudden desire to play through it again to see if I could do it.

I've done it before with games that are expected to be replayed immediately, like Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising, but FEAR was the first time I just wanted to play it again on its own merits.

What about you guys?
>>
When I was younger I played MGS3 around 20 times and Resident Evil 4 like 15 times in a row. I always tried different routes, play styles and load outs of course.
>>
Shovel Knight twice - once normally, once for the "True Shovelry" achievement.
>>
>>333082316
holy shit. did your parents just not buy you any other games when you were younger?
>>
>>333082832
Back then, these two games were enough to entertain me over long phases and I also played through RE4 with my best buddy. I wish I could still enjoy games like that.
>>
>>333081930
Red Steel 2, Kirby Squeak Squad, LoZ: Skyward sword, Muramasa, Godhand probably others but I remember those because I wanted to play hard mode or some shit
>>
paper mario on n64. literally one of the best games i'd ever played. The battle mechanics were something i'd never seen before and I knew i'd missed a bunch of shit after I got to bowser's castle and didn't feel like going back, so next playthrough I 100% that bitch, every last star piece, every badge, I even farmed the little piggledy wiggledys.
>>
Most games where I wanted to try hard mode like >>333083408. Though there are so many games now that take so fuckin long to beat that it'll take a while for me to play them again
>>
I played Serious Sam 3 on normal difficulty (or whatever the default difficulty is called), but realized that I tended to play "carefully", which isn't the most fun. So after beating the game I replayed on easiest, taking more risk.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles. The moment I beat it. Not even NG+, I just started clean and played as Melia instead.
>>
There was a time where I was obsessed with SMT Nocturne and racked up about 20+ playthroughs of it in one year.
>>
I played Tales of Symphonia again directly after beating it.

All in all I put about 400 hours into the game just having fun
>>
>>333081930
It was RE4 for my brother and I. As soon as we beat it, we played it again. Shotgun only challenge, Tommygun only, etc. The last time I played RE4, I was halfway through my pistol-only challenge. Good times.
>>
>>333081930
>But have you ever replayed a game literally right after beating it?

TW3, New Vegas, Divinity Original Sin, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dark Souls 1, 2 and Demon's, Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish. There's probably others

All the games that I love, really.
>>
>>333081930
my dick
>>
File: 1425448054301.jpg (99 KB, 631x315) Image search: [Google]
1425448054301.jpg
99 KB, 631x315
>>333081930
Very rarely happens for me, last thing I immediately replayed was Vanquish.

I played the ever loving shit out of Kero Blaster, but it's not a very long game.
>>
i can understand replaying games with NG+ modes or games with difficulty modes that totally change the game, but just replaying the same game over again right after you beat it? what the fuck?
>>
Dark souls 1 & 2 because playing with different build is so much fun
>>
>>333087464
>why don't you have fun the same way I do!!?
>>
>>333082316
Brandon?
>>
>>333081930
One summer I had no internet, so I played through Nox a couple times a day for a week or two. It helps that Nox has three different main stories depending on which class you choose, and a full playthrough doesn't take very long once you get good at the game.
>>
>>333081930
Sure, all the time. Normally on an unlocked difficulty or something similar.
>>
>>333081930
I did the same for FEAR but instead put the difficulty on the lowest and tried to use minimal amount of ammo

was fun
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I did this with Bioshock infinite
I played it once and immediately knew it was one of those what in the actual fuck just happened games
Played it again in 1999 mode to brag to my friends
>>
>>333081930
After finishing MGS I did another play through with the optic camouflage, then another with the bandanna, another with the tuxedo, and more after that to see how fast I could finish the game.
After finishing Resident Evil 4 I kept playing it until I had enough cash to buy the infinite rocket launcher, and then just kept playing it to upgrade everything and see how fast I could finish it.

Thankfully, I did not become a speed running faggot. Thank you, Jesus.
>>
Only Ghouls n Ghosts.
>>
>>333081930
Dragon's dogma, played through it four times back to back over a couple of weeks. Fuck I love that game.
>>
>>333081930
For about right months after saving up and buying a 360 as my first console all I had to play was halo 3, and my home internet was fucked. So I played the campaign through well over twenty times.
>>
>>333081930

Bayonetta. Wanted to play it on hard mode.
>>
>>333089850
*eight months
>>
>>333081930
Atelier Meruru and Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>333089987
Same. Actually beat it yesterday and immediately started it on hard. Did the same with W101, Super Mario 3D World, DKCTF, Pikmin and Pikmin 3, and a bunch of other ones when I was younger and I had more time.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.