[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want Splatoon costume in Yoshi's Woolly World >need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_0276.jpg (2 MB, 3456x5184) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
2 MB, 3456x5184
>want Splatoon costume in Yoshi's Woolly World
>need to buy a $15 toy to get it
>$15 for a costume DLC
>game has >50 costumes you can unlock from these toys
>$60 base game + $750+ in DLC
>for a single player platforming game

Why does Nintendo get away with it?
>>
>want something rare
>don't want to pay for it
why does Ferrari get away with it?
>>
>>333080846

That ain't shit.
>>
File: 1409454795015.jpg (402 KB, 1677x1200) Image search: [Google]
1409454795015.jpg
402 KB, 1677x1200
so how did nintendo ripoff amiibos? check and mate nintenhaters
>>
>>333081657
I just don't see how they are allowed to get away with that.
>>
>>333080846
Because people defend it for some reason. Nintendo is now selling games with x% of content unavailable to the player unless they go out and buy the toys. I pay 85 bucks for a new Nintendo release and if I want all the content I have to go spend another X amount of dollars? Fuck that.
>>
File: n2reader._HH.png (167 KB, 650x628) Image search: [Google]
n2reader._HH.png
167 KB, 650x628
Get yourself an Amiiqo/N2Elite.

You can have a virtually infinite number of Amiibos at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>333081737
Lateral thinking with withered technology or something like that.
>>
>>333081768
>>333080846
>sees bonus content
>want it for free
>or complains that its too expensive

It's called additional content for a reason you fucks. It's not required.. Bunch of bitchy children, all of you.

You know the sad part of browsing /v/ at 28? The fact that in the past 10 years, the community didn't grow with you. Leaving you with a bunch of whiny teenage fucks who don't know how the world works.

Why am I even here.
>>
>>333082247
How does it work?
>>
>>333082735
>gets absorbed by modern day consumerist culture
>must buy and pay for everything so you can fit in and so others can notice you
>growing up

you did not mature you just have more money than when you were a child
>>
>>333082946
the NFC chip isnt some neutered piece of shit that is in normal amiibos. This one can actually save the data of multiple amiibos and broadcast them.
>>
>>333082946
It comes with instructions, but here's the gist of it:

>download Amiibo image files off the internet
>import them into your N2Elite
>Use that round thing as your "Amiibo" the next time you play with your Wii U/New 3DS
>>
>>333083165
So you just download data from the Internet, do they come pre-installed, do you have to physically copy then?
>>
>>333083287
Oh, sounds good then.
>>
>>333083386
if it came pre-installed it would be stealing from nintendo. Like buying a handheld with all nintendo roms pre-installed.
you just have to find the data online somewhere

having said that i think it actually does come preinstalled with some
>>
>>333082735
>additional content
>when it was expected to be included less than 10 years ago
>>
>>333082735
>doesn't agree with the ridiculous price points on bonus content
>ITS BONUS YOU DON'T NEED IT
we should just follow dumb decisions and not try and get anything sorted or discuss it rite
>>
File: congratsfaggot.png (30 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
congratsfaggot.png
30 KB, 500x340
>>333080846

ITS FUCKING

COSMETIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC
>>
>>333080846
>being poor

Start stealing
>>
>>333083540
Funny thing is, Nintendo actually came after them once, for copyright reasons.

The name "Amiiqo" is too similar to Amiibo, that's all.

So they changed the product's name to "N2Elite" and everything was good.
>>
>>333083565
Sure, find me a pre-DLC era Nintendo game comparable to Woolie World that had the amount of optional skins. And bear in mind that in WW there's a bunch of unlockable skins, AND you can draw your own.
>>
>>333082996
>calls someone consumerist
>claiming someone is trying to "fit in" to society
>trying to use that to call someone out on being immature

You should probably stop posting, you've already shown your hand, kid.

I bet you would complain that Onstar costs money even though it's functionality is already in the car.

>>333083571
>dumb decisions
Spoken like a true teenager who thinks he knows shit about business.

People pay for it, it's clearly not a dumb decision because they are making money off of it. Like all DLC.

Also if OP's arguement is about the price point, then he is doing it in the shittiest way possible.

>how do they get away with it!?

Yes, that's what an adult says.
>>
File: Neogav reacts to Nintendo news.gif (941 KB, 300x221) Image search: [Google]
Neogav reacts to Nintendo news.gif
941 KB, 300x221
>>333082735
my 1987 nigga
>>
File: 1459376662088.jpg (174 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459376662088.jpg
174 KB, 1600x900
OK guys here's a challenge:

If i were to buy an amiibo right now, which one would be the one that is the most useful.

Most Useful being the combined compatibility with games, volume of unlockables it provides, and overall support for that one amiibo.

For example: the splatoon amiibo unlocks the main story mode of splatoon (from just a "please buy it" demo)
but it only works in splatoon and maybe mariomaker or yoshi's woolly world as costumes.

The zelda one unlocks shit in super smash, zelda musou, and in the new zelda hd game

and shit like the Pac Man amiibo wont do jack shit on anything.

which is the most bang for your buck, basically?
>>
>>333084437
Judy Hopps.
>>
>>333082735
You're here because you're a 28 year old manchild defending nintendo on /v/ lol.
Jesus christ i can't imagine how bad you must have failed.
>>
>>333084083
I shit on it because I think it's a dumb decision that is alienating their audience, their only thinking short term here. parents will cave a buy the odd one for their kids, rich shitty parents might buy a load because their shitty. adult nintendo fans might buy them for a while, but the vast majority of them will eventually, sooner probs rather than later, realise the price is ridiculous for what is being offered, and it's content restriction rather than actual additional content. I feel their making a huge mistake with this decision, and it's for short term benefit only and long term it will hurt their sales hugely. that's why I shit on them anyways, I actually like nintendo consoles generally, but the whole amiibo thing has put me off them a lot, didn't realise how much of a hot mess it was until I got a wii U recently. as much as I dislike some of sony's recent stuff with the 'ps4.5' they've never done anything as inherently stupid as I feel nintendo has done with the amiibos
>>
>>333083571

>Bonus content

Lol

You pay the price for the fucking figurine, all the content is not based on the game but on the Amiibos.

In other words you buy the figurine because you want a toy and the toy has the additional content.
>>
>>333084083
You actually pay for onstar you fucking retard?
You're only 28 and you've already fucked up your life beyond repair.
Maybe that's where this obsession with asserting your maturity comes from, eh?
I don't doubt for a second that you're a sad bitter old fuck. Not with your already defeated attitude.
>>
>>333080846
But atleast you get a cool collector-figure, so you got that going for you...
>>
>>333084617
>being on 4chan at a later age is considered being a failure
And all gamers are basement dwellers right!? LOL!
BAZINGA! XDDDD

It's just an imageboard faggot. When I load up the webpage it's not like someone comes into my home, kicks me out and fucks my wife.
>>
>>333084894
Cool strawman bro.
Wanna try that argument again?
>>
>>333084437

Holy fuck anon, I know you're not this incompetent.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility
>>
>>333084770
to be fair
if i was a father to a 10 year old kid right now
and that stupid shitkid wanted stuff like an "allowance" or money to play videogames on his fucking phone, i would buy him a wiiU with something in it, like mario maker or smash bros
and tell him every week ill get him a new amiibo if he's not a shit that week

cheap, easy, keeps the kid quiet, and ill be artificially extending the life of his shitty nintendo games for fucking weeks before the shitkid realizes amiibos are a scam.

its a win win for me and i would unironically do exactly what i said

too bad my kid right now isn't old enough, but im prepared for when the time comes.
>>
>>333084942
Wow. Defensive, much?
>HEY GUYS I HAVE A WIFE
lol
It's pretty funny that you took being on 4chan to be the problem there and not the fact that you're desperately defending nintendo and acting like a fucking child.
>>333085045
Shit post bro.
Wanna read up on what a strawman is?
>>
>>333084437
The fire emblem amiibo and shovel knight I guess. Outside of that if you're going for cosmetics probably link, Mario, Kirby and the other "main" Nintendo characters.
>>
File: CbnIUubWAAA8ZXi.png (963 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
CbnIUubWAAA8ZXi.png
963 KB, 640x960
>>333085098
>a corporate list that pretends like unlocking a shitty 8bit skin in mario maker counts as content
>calls others retarded
>>
>>333085307

...I literally didn't call anyone retarded, and anon asked for unlockables as well.

Is this some new form of shitposting I'm unaware of where you just come in and completely fabricate...everything you're crying about? What??
>>
File: 1459566727611.jpg (35 KB, 416x303) Image search: [Google]
1459566727611.jpg
35 KB, 416x303
>>333085454
>gets shitposted
>posts "holy shit i got shitposted"
how beta can you be
>>
>>333084016
Any game with mods.
>>
>>333085573
>actually counts his (You)s
>>
>>333085142
straw man
noun
noun: strawman
a sham argument set up to be defeated.

>you claiming that I pay for onstar
>using that to claim my life is fucked

wew, lad.

>>333085142
>mention i have a wife off-handedly
>so mad that you have to put a spotlight on it
>only other thing you mention is how I was defending nintendo
>original post defends DLC in general, not just nintendo

WEW LAD
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.