[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/ real talk Is the age of the AA/mid-range budget title
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Pandoras_Tower_box_artwork.png (175 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Pandoras_Tower_box_artwork.png
175 KB, 250x353
Alright /v/ real talk
Is the age of the AA/mid-range budget title dying because of HD consoles? It seems like everything is either indie pixel shit or AAA fucking Ubi/EA/Bethesda shit. Pic related, Nier, No More Heroes, Wet, Zak and Wiki, Sin and Punishment, Trauma Center--it seems like this kinda stuff is going away.
>>
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Fatal Frame V
>Wonderful 101
>Bayonetta 2
>Digimon Cyber Sluth
>The Last Guardian
>No No Kuni 2
>Reboot
>Scalebound
>Nier Automata

Let's not forget high budget indie kickstarter games like Mighty Number 9, Bloodstained, Yooka Laylee, and the Planescape successor.
>>
I think you are just not informed enough OP.
>>
>>333074146
Most of these are triple-A anon.
The only ones I'd agree with are W101, FFV, and Digimon

>>333075064
What examples do you have then? I honestly can't think of any.
>>
>Dying
They almost fully dead in the retail space. That space has been being taken up by indies for years now.
>>
>>333077258
Okay good. It's not just me who thinks that
>>
>>333073319
I pirated Pandora's Tower because I thought it would had been a pure piece of shit.
It ended being my favourite Wii game! While the combat was monotonous I REALLY loved it. The story was pretty nice and dark. It was a marvellous surprise.
I felt bad for pirating it in the end.
>>
I think the problem is the resolution. With higher resolution you can't hide bad assets. You must choose to go cel shading or the Nintendo/Pixar/TF2 way. If devs choose to go for a semi realistic art style they are literally fucked.
>>
>>333076450
>Most of these are triple-A anon.
This. "AA" and "A" is a meme, non-indie games always take significant time and money to develop. Budgets only spiral out of control due to shitty celebrity voice actors and chronic mismanagement. With the standardization of computer and display tech it should be easier to develop decent games than it was when it first came out and people were still adopting.

I think the major problem is western devs have been bought out by Actiblizz and EA and Japanese devs have largely just given up. That leaves indie, which rarely is any good and usually amounts to a cashgrab.
>>
>>333078238
That game gave me fetishes I didn't know I had.

That in its own makes it worth the price.
Combat may have been monotnous, but the dungeons and story were great.
>>
>>333080060
I don't know if you like Chinese cartoons but Pandora 's tower would have been a perfect 12-20 episodes anime series.
Seriously, the plot and the setting was awesome.

What is Gambareon working on at the moment? They used to work an OnePiece unlimited Cruise serie. This was one of the reason I was suspicious about the quality of this game.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.