[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best, comfiest fishing game? HARD MODE: The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: fish.jpg (179 KB, 790x560) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
179 KB, 790x560
What's the best, comfiest fishing game?

HARD MODE: The fishing is a mini-game inside another game
>>
>>333073283
WoW and FFXIV
>>
>>333073283

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

When I was a kid I bought the game specifically to play the fishing area whenever I wanted.
>>
>>333073583
>FFXIV fishing

I didn't enjoy it for some reason. It didn't feel good to catch them fishies. Maybe it got better at later levels, but I took it to 30-35 and I spent more time fucking around upgrading gear sets than enjoying the thrill of the catch.
>>
River King.

Probably, I dunno, never played it. But it is made by the people who made Harvest Moon if I remember right, so it has that going for it in the comfiness zone.
>>
Ridiculous Fishing
>>
Always had a thing for it in Breath of Fire 3.
>>333073782
Same here and I was just more fond of the crafting in general.
>>
>>333074204
>indie
>mobile
>>
Monster Hunter
>>
File: 44208363_p0.jpg (145 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
44208363_p0.jpg
145 KB, 850x1200
Breath of fire has fishing minigames. They're actually pretty decent too.
>>
Yakuza 5
>>
>>333073283
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is a pretty comfy game with a mildly challenging fishing minigame not too far in.
>>
>>333073901
River King 1 and 2 really were fun
>>
I wouldn't say it's the best or the comfiest, but I've been watching videos of Bassin's Black Bass with Hank Parker (Super Black Bass 2 in Japan) lately. The sounds are relaxing and the environment has nice water effects and an overall good atmosphere.
>>
Breath of Fire 3's fishing minigame is the definition of comfy.
>>
Dark Cloud 2 had a pretty nice one.
It was always relaxing to wander around a cleared dungeon and just fish now that the monsters are gone.
>>
>>333074601
>>333076163
This. BoF and Summon Night have the comfiest fishing games.
>>
Path of exile actually has a pretty solid fishing system in the new league
>>
File: 36003497.jpg (100 KB, 630x643) Image search: [Google]
36003497.jpg
100 KB, 630x643
>>333076465
>Summon Night
Oh right that too.
>>
>>333076873
How's SN5 fishing though? I was so damn tired of the game by the time I finished it that I don't even remember if it was anything good.
>>
>>333077346
I don't recall much. But I thought it was okayish.
>>
>>333077472
>okayish.
Maybe that's why I don't remember it then. Fishing in SN3 or Swordcraft Story 2 was so much better. I spent hours on these just for fun.
>>
BDO is literally a fishing mmo
>>
Fishing Hero :(
>>
>>333073901
I have the PSN classic of one of them, whichever that one is.

It's not great.
>>
>>333073283
XIV

>get your little chair, a bit of bait and sit down next to some stream to catch some fish
>rain starts falling
>move my character a little so they sit beneath a tree now, listening to the rain while fishing
>in the background some hunt goes on with people scrambling to get there
>everything is in motion but me

Its pretty comfy, actually.
>>
twilight princess
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.