[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFXV Story thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: ff15story.png (40 KB, 1715x246) Image search: [Google]
ff15story.png
40 KB, 1715x246
Alright guys, I've posted this in one of these recent FFXV threads but I dont think we have had a thread for this particular thing.

While looking for more story info I have found pic related.

Is this about FFVersus XIII or is this about FFXV? Anyone knows anything about this? I have also heard things about the Godess of sleep or something, which would make sense to be connected to this game taking into consideration this game's Main Theme Somnus ( I know there still exists ''Stand by me'' but this one is also the main theme, the main composre one too.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0c8B97gfnw

Anyways, Lets TRY to have a good discussion.
>>
cmon dont let this die
>>
It's about XV
>>
We don't know shit about the plague of the stars except that it seems to be a gradual process where the nights get longer at some point the sun just never appears again
>>
what does somnus mean?
deus le volt?
>>
>>333074957
>We don't know shit about the plague of the stars except that it seems to be a gradual process where the nights get longer at some point the sun just never appears again

Where'd you get this info? Seems pretty cool.
>>
File: noct.png (270 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
noct.png
270 KB, 580x326
So the anime and the Platinum demo sort of reference Noctis' near death experience. Who was the woman beside Noctis bleeding out? His mother? The demo is Noctis' dream or whatever when he gets knocked out by that snake creature.

I remember it being said Noctis can foresee other people's deaths, and that his eye colour changes when he gets a premonition. Is that canon still? It was back in 2013 when we first got a tonne of new promo stuff. I guess Noctis got his power from that experience.
>>
>>333075098
Somnus means Sleep in Latin if i'm not mistaken.
I think this game will have sleeping as in dying as a main theme, besides the road trip theme and brotherhood theme.

Just an hunch.
>>
>>333072858

Noctis can see people dying before they die apparently, right?
>>
>>333072858
Pretty much all we know, plus that nighttime willl get longer as the story progresses.
>>
>>333075189
They said this in one of the ATRs last year I think.
>>333075213
The whole death thing seems to be gone but it seems Noctis got his summoning powers from the near death experience
>>
>>333075213
I watched the first episode of the anime, pretty sure I was under the impression that it was his mother but I don't know if they actually mention it or not
>>
>>333074957
>>333075313
>nights get longer
>sleep is the main theme
>platinum demo with noctis dream
It suddenly all makes sense
>>
>>333075213
I think so, in the new trailer we got we can see his eyes turn red when near the crystal.

Foreseeing people dying will make for some pretty dramatic moments, I'm sure we will get some deaths that Noctis can predict but cannot save.
(All just theories and me thinking about what could be done with that power)

Man I'm getting pretty hyped for this game.
>>
>>333075684
Oh damn, must have missed it in the new trailer. Not sure if the premonitions are still a thing though, Tabata or anyone else haven't referenced that in quite a while, and didn't he say he was trying to tone down the whole grim/death theme? I can't even say for sure.

Still pretty hyped too, I enjoyed the new demo a lot, just hope a tonne more optimization happens in the coming months.
>>
>>333077527
they'll probably work on an optimization patch until the release

the demo seemed weird, especially when looking at noctis hair it seemed like there was no anti-aliasing at all
>>
So what will be the first city we go to?
From what we know it should be somewhere around Duscae
>>
>>333078836
Shanty town.
>>
>>333078056
Still havent played the demo and probably wont be playing it till the game comes out since I hope the demo will stay up indefinitely since Carbuncle is one of my favorite summons and I'd really like to have him.

My only worry is that the game will be a lag fest dropping to 20 fps in key moments, so I have been waiting to hear more about ps4.5 is the leaks are anything to go by.

If they are and the ps4.5 comes Holidays 2016 I'd be willing to wait a bit for a better experience overall.

What do you guys honestly think?
>>
File: XV moon.png (822 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
XV moon.png
822 KB, 1920x1080
>>333074957
>at some point the sun just never appears again
And the moon is the only light we'll see.
>>
>>333080348
POTTERY
>>
>>333080274
>My only worry is that the game will be a lag fest dropping to 20 fps in key moments, so I have been waiting to hear more about ps4.5 is the leaks are anything to go by.

It's coming Q1 2017, Double gpu/cpu power. It would be worth the wait if you don't see any spoilers past september till that time. I'm still gonna play through it the first time on ps4, and play it again on a better system to see the improvements.
>>
>>333080274
just play the demo it's like 8 minutes long
>>
File: comfycampingnight.jpg (218 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
comfycampingnight.jpg
218 KB, 1536x1024
>>333080348
>>333075189

Everything is falling into place.. This will be one of the most comfortable games to ever be created if we forget about the possible dark tones and dramatic vibes, camping out in a dark night with the moon shinning.. Looking at the stars...

I'm more than ready for this.
>>
>>333080685
My only problem is the spoilers, not being spoiled for over who knows how many months, probably 4+ will be extremely difficult, I just wished they'd make it December or something, it would go nicely with Christmas so they would sell well from the start I think?
>>333080717
I dont have a ps4 yet.
>>
>>333080274
It honestly runs fine most of the time, relatively stable 30fps with some hiccups when visuals start getting intense. It runs slightly better than ED did and has far more visual effects and better lighting. It's got some kind of dynamic resolution processing to keep things in check but they've not said if that's in place for the final game or not.

It's fairly obvious that the game is pushing against the limits of the PS4. It's incredibly ambitious in more than a few ways, and hopefully the remaining dev time will be focused on optimising it as much as possible.

Play it and see what you think, I'm personally fine with playing it on a PS4 as it stands but it'll be wonderful to see it with less restrictions on a more powerful system.
>>
Here are enemy designs for the app/minigame, which are based off of ingame enemies.

>>>/vg/137518272
>>>/vg/137520009
>>
>>333082279
Lord Vexxos?
Is he the main bad guy or something?
>>
>>333080348
BRAVO SQUARE
>>
>>333082530
Of the minigame, yes. Who knows whether it's based off of an in0game monster like the JMV team is, though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.