[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here play Age of Wonders 3? Whats your favorite class/race/masteries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: AoW3.png (3 MB, 1357x1063) Image search: [Google]
AoW3.png
3 MB, 1357x1063
Anybody here play Age of Wonders 3?
Whats your favorite class/race/masteries and what synergies do you like the most about the combination? What units do you rely on to pull off some crazy bullshit?
>>
>>333067981
i did play it, thought the campaign was hard to beat sometimes
i liked playing sorcerer + anything and just conjuring up them sweet magic beings
halflings were fun too
>>
Its probably my favorite 4X with hundred or so hours played. No one just wanted to talk about it.
>>
>>333068597
I normally hate 4x games, but this one just pulled me right in instantly and I've got over 1000 hours on it. Its surprisingly underrated here.
>>
>>333068597
>>333068772
yes, i love it too
the combat is so much more rewarding and complex than Civilization and Endless Legends
>>
Can it be modded? Like can people add in more custom items for the game to be found in treasure sites? Cause thats what I really like about the game, finding batshit insane items for my heroes.
>>
>>333067981
Sorcerer, use that one spell where you summon each round into a random space, use summons to weaken/kill enemy.
>>
>>333069878
there is steam workshop support, i don't know what you can do with it though
>>
>>333069993
Necromancers get that same spell but its undead units instead. In one game I got that spell and the spider version of the spell so I just stood in a corner while endless undead and spiders stormed everything.
>>
>>333069878
This.
Can you?
I don't think you can.
There are modding tools, steam workshop and tons of mods, but none are interesting. At least they don't see to be based on my brief search. Nothing that balanced the game and fixes it's issue, rather.
I hope I'm wrong.
What are some *must have* mods?
>>
I don't like it as much as Shadow Magic.
>>
>>333070289
The game is pretty damn moddable, but the playerbase is so small they havent really done anything. So there really arent any "must have" mods either because of this.
>>
>>333067981
Building an army of 32 of these dwarven leviathan mechanical thingies with 4 heroes is pretty damn OP. Takes a while but you can pretty much win any battle with your eyes closed once you get em going.
>>
File: Hilda.jpg (770 KB, 1694x1327) Image search: [Google]
Hilda.jpg
770 KB, 1694x1327
Show me your strongest heroes /v/

I converted this Cosmic Event specific hero when he spawned on the map and found me quickly. He seems to have +5 better fire damage than normal.
>>
>>333067981
An an old HoMM3 fan, this is my favourite post Civ4 4x for sure. I love that it combines some of my favourite elements from both games.

Even if it lacks some depth in the resource/city management, the Heroes style combat keeps me playing whenever I sit down with it for a few days.

White Walkers best race.
>>
File: Roll AoW3.jpg (131 KB, 872x1300) Image search: [Google]
Roll AoW3.jpg
131 KB, 872x1300
>>333067981
Great game, jolly undead hobbits = best race. But dreadnought kitties aren't bad either.
>>
File: 1445742868441.jpg (906 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445742868441.jpg
906 KB, 1000x1000
>tfw 4X general is deader than death
>>
I played the undead and had like unlimited armies from raising my opponent's dead shit

Or was that the latest HOMM I forget
>>
File: BoneCollector6.gif (754 KB, 366x314) Image search: [Google]
BoneCollector6.gif
754 KB, 366x314
>>333073246
AoW3
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.