[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Nintendo's magnum opus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: super-mario-3d-world.jpg (4 MB, 4250x2485) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-3d-world.jpg
4 MB, 4250x2485
Is this Nintendo's magnum opus?
>>
Beep beep beep
>>
>>333064025
The praise this mediocre game gets on this board is really annoying.
>>
>>333064025
Don't you mean MEOWgnum opus?
>>
>>333064025
No, the magnum opus unironically goes to the original Super Mario Galaxy in terms of platformers.
In terms of RPGs, it goes to Thousand Year Door.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>333064941
>Not mewgnum opus
Fag.
>>
I would say Galaxy 2 is the best Mario platformer. I'm not saying 3D World is a bad game, it's just not as good.
>>
After nintendo fucks up a dozen, times, this game, which is nothing more than what is expected of it, manages to be a breath of enjoyably fresh air for the average nintendo gan
>>
>>333064947
>TTYD

you mean PM64
>>
>>333065195
You mean BIS
>>
>>333065059
Forgive me, Japamoot, for I have sinned...
>>
>>333065249
SSS is better
>>
>>333065249
BIS is held back by all the stupid stylus minigames. It'd be a lot better without these.
>>
No way, Galaxy is way better, just thinking about it gives me the chills.
>>
>>333065294
You mean SMRPG
>>
While a handful of segments were fantastic, the game overall is mediocre as fuck. The level design being as constrained as it is because of multiplayer really held the potential of the game back.
>>
>>333064025
the main thing that bugs me is that the levels are all floating in the sky like SM64 instead of having cool environments that fit. Space levels excluded, obviously
>>
File: 1450911368425.png (203 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450911368425.png
203 KB, 500x500
>>333064025

It could be, it's pretty much the first 3D Mario game that was complete and finished with no filler.

Even Mario Galaxy had shoved all of its collect 100 purple coins all until after you defeat Bowser to avoid the filler impacting the review score. Super 3D World on the other hand is fantastic all the way through and the post game content is even better than the main game.
>>
>>333065361
>SMRPG fags still think their game is better than paper mario and M&L

I can't wait till you fags die out

SMRPG is so mediocre compared to those 2 series
>>
>>333065195
What this nigga said
>>
Nope, it's a great game where me and my friends can just get high and laugh as we try to secure the crown. Mario Galaxy 2 is definitely still a better game
>>
>>333064025
I didn't like time limit in levels
>>
>>333065760
yet you play mario games
>>
>>333065670
>having fun with friends
I bet you've had sex too, you freak
>>
>>333064025
NSMB2
>>
>>333065670
> Mario tutorials the game 2
> better than world
>>
>>333064025

>big hub world that had rooms containing each worlds stages similar to the observatories

>more detail in the stages

>a grander story

Would have been 10/10 for the casuals, is anyway for people who just like playig 3d mario titles.

Fun as galaxy, worlds and stages just as varied, new and fully explored power ups and mechanics.

The above points would make it better, it's excellent regardless.
>>
>>333066103
>Mario tutorials
I sure hope the Next Mario Game doesn't have any
long tutorials dialog like that fat fuckin purple luma that wouldn't call it quits.
>>
>>333064025
>the NSMB of 3D mario
>good
>>
>>333064459
Same faggots that enjoy SMG2.

They literally just want to play a game, and nothing else. You could offend their eyes, ears, and brains, and they wouldn't care. They just want to trudge through levels and mindless tasks.

Fuck them, they can go work in a factory as wage slaves for their entire lives for all I care.
>>
>>333065249
both SSS and DT are way better
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.