[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dragon Cancer is now called ''Thank you for playing''
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1448150102776.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1448150102776.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
>Dragon Cancer is now called ''Thank you for playing''

The guy is so obviously trying to get sympathy sales it's sickening.
>>
It's not. TDC is still it's own thing, thank you for playing is a documentary about making the game.

Dude is looking for pity money hard.
>>
>>333062698
What kind of game even is Dragon Cancer? The only thing I've seen about it is that polygon baby.
>>
>>333062698
Here's your reply, gramps
>>
>>333063891

Parents are cashing in on their child's illness.
>>
The best part about this whole thing is the developer is pissed because they didn't make any sort of profit back from the game.

Gee, I wonder why nobody bought your ugly indie walking simulator about a dead child they could care less about.
>>
File: Queen-Elizabeth-II-181131.jpg (127 KB, 864x607) Image search: [Google]
Queen-Elizabeth-II-181131.jpg
127 KB, 864x607
>Make a game with no fucking gameplay
>Get salty that people watch it like a movie on Youtube

That's what you fucking get.
>>
>>333063891
You watch your child die from cancer and you can't really affect anything.

10/10 - Polygay
>>
>>333065636
Is at least a walking simulator or is it just a 3D picture book?
>>
>>333065572

It's not even the lack of gameplay- plenty of games with no gameplay have done just fine. Hell, gameplay-light games like VNs and walking simulators have gotten significantly *more* popular since the rise of Youtube, not less.

That whole thing was just another example of an indie dev making a game that people don't want to buy and then turning around and scapegoating something else when it bombs.
>>
>>333065375
>could care less
>>
Seriously, how can you expect this man to get the full therapeutic affect of putting his experience into a video game format without the fat stacks of cash that come with it?
>>
>>333063891
Its a "walking" sim that is so devoid of gameplay that you can experience everything the game has to offer from a lets play
>>
>>333068248
they cared enough to make a game to profit off the child that took money from them thats for sure

as a parent and dev I would have released the game for free so people could see the struggle first hand, not pay him for a game that's almost not a game
>>
>>333069407
this
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.