[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: dishonored.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
dishonored.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Discuss.
>>
Steampunk Deus Ex
>>
It's pretty fun.
>>
When's the sequel coming out?
>>
It was allright, could have been a lot better if not for retarded playtesters and console limitations.
>>
enjoyable and interesting
>>
It's alright.
It's not great as a proper stealth game though since you're so OP compared to everybody else, even when not upgraded.
>>
>>333059663

Masterpiece
>>
It's a good game. I actually liked the washed out graphics.
But it's a bit too easy.
>>
Seeing through walls too OP
>>
Played this game at least 10 times. Never got tired of it. The city ambience is amazing and so much detail. I pray dishonored 2 will deliver.
>>
Excellent game, even if it's a bit too easy on the hardest difficulty. Fun to play both as a low-chaos non-lethal ghost and as a high-chaos supernatural mass murderer.
DLC's were godlike.
Awaiting the sequel and hoping it doesn't get delayed to 2017
>>
>>333059663

WHAT WILL WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN WHALER WHAT WILL WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN WHALER
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN WHALER EARLY IN THE MORNING
>>
I really enjoyed the time stop spell or whatever.
>>
Solid game, but Daud >>>>>>>> Corvo, big time styley. The DLC's were better than the main game.
>>
>>333060659
Shoot him in the heart with a loaded pistol.
Early in the mooorniiiiiiing.
>>
>>333059927
Probably October release again. I knew "Spring" was way too early when they announced it last year. Expect actual gameplay at Bethesda's conference this year.

>>333059663
Fucking loved it. Actual storytelling was ass but everything about the gameplay and world was 10/10. DLC was excellent.
>>
Loved it. Can't wait for the next one.
>>
Why is my 4chins broken
>>
>>333059776
first post best post
>>
>>333059663
Cool mask. I wonder how much autism do I need to channel to make one irl
>>
>>333060992
You grew another
>>
>>333060082
The game is about the head of the royal security and the best killing agent in the kingdom. Of course he's going to be OP, plus he knows the city and the castle light the back of his hand.

Do you even fucking game?
>>
>>333059776
Whalepunk
>>
GOTY 2012

The spiritual sequel that Thief 2 deserved.
>>
>>333062262
It could have been more challenging.

I completed the game normally like 2 or 3 times.

Then I played at the hardest setting and did No Kills, No Detections, No Upgrades all in the same playthrough.

It's a great game but I didn't feel that challenged. The different ways to approach or even kill targets were pretty great at times.

That "Save the Captain, Kill the Overseer" level was awesome for the number of ways you could fuck with their meeting. Switch the poisoned glass, poison them both, etc. I think the coolest one was where you could remove the poison, then the Overseer would realise the poison was gone, then lead the Captain down to the hidden basement room, whip out his sword, and you could literally save the Captain's life right there and he would thank you for it instead of being hostile.
>>
>>333059663
Am i the only one who found the game really boring?
>>
>>333062842
If you stole his portrait beforehand, he'll even comment about it. Loved the little details.
>>
>>333063930
there are over 70 billion people on the planet, you're never alone in an opinion
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 640x537) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 640x537
>>333064392
>70 billion
>>
>>333059663
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
>>
>>333064754
Never doubt it.
>>
>>333059776
>Deus ex
More like steampunk thief
>>
>>333062842
Even better, you can turn on the phonograph right after the high overseer takes out his sword so the captain turns around to see what the noise is, sees the sword, kills the overseer and leaves with his guards without any trouble.
>>
>>333062262
Remember before posting next time that justifying real-world decisions made by creators with in-universe facts that can be easily changed because they are imaginary makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>333062842
>It's a great game but I didn't feel that challenged

I think the developers were kinda forced to dumb it down. Remember, this is the "our play-testers didn't go upstairs because a guard told them not to" game.
When you look at the achievements for the game, you can see that they do think about challenges. It's just a shame that they ended up being self-imposed. The game itself is too easy.
>>
>>333060659
Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver
Early in the morniiiing
>>
File: Corvo_Concept_Sheet.png (3 MB, 2190x1164) Image search: [Google]
Corvo_Concept_Sheet.png
3 MB, 2190x1164
>>333059663
One of the best games I've ever played. I know a its probably nothing special but I just really liked the gameplay, story and aesthetics. Also one of the only "steampunk" things I like.
>>
File: CeZbSm2VAAAUHZk.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CeZbSm2VAAAUHZk.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>333059663
I was actually planning to buy that, but I can't decide between this and Wolfensten TNO. The games are different, clearly, but which one is better/more recommendable?
>>
>>333065116
Even now I'm learning nuances I never knew...
>>
File: Superman.jpg (57 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
57 KB, 456x386
>Everyone calling Dishonored steampunk when nothing in the game uses steam as a power source
>>
>>333065503
I much prefer Dishonored.

I think TNO was rated a bit too highly by people. Yeah, it is kinda a return to the older gameplay style of shooters, but it just isn't that interesting. It became a chore to play through.
Dishonored isn't fantastic, but at least you have some freedom to explore and experiment.
>>
>>333065701
What the fuck do you want them to call it? Oilpunk?
>>
>>333065886
Whalepunk
>>
>>333063930
I can never play more than an 3 hours into the game until I drop it and uninstall.
>>
>>333065503
Honestly Dishonored is a whole lot of fun, it has a rather unique atmosphere and solid mechanics for stealth along with decent combat. It can be short if you just don't care about being seen or playing perfectly but there's good replay value and the dlc is excellent. I'd personally recommend it, especially if you like stealth games or books like Mistborn
>>
>>333065701
Same with Grim dawn
>muh victorian era it means it's steampunk
>>
>>333059663
Game's really fun, especially if you like stealthing around and just generally fucking around.
I finished the game twice, and the first playthrough I was mostly just silently killing everyone and doing stupid shit while I ghosted the entire next playthrough, with ghosting it being far more enjoyable (at least for me).

Make sure that if you do like the original game to get the DLC, as it further develops probably the most interesting character in the game.
>>
fuck off back to plebbit
>>
>>333065857
>>333066236
Thanks, sounds cool.
>>
It's too short and the levels too small.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.