[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PM>TTYD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 300px-Papermario.png (136 KB, 300x208) Image search: [Google]
300px-Papermario.png
136 KB, 300x208
PM>TTYD
>>
Nope.
>>
Yep.
>>
I agree. TTYD too long of segments where you didn't even fight. I think it was the 4th or 3rd start that you have like 45 minutes of just talking to people around the town.
>>
I never understood the fascination with this game. TTYD was really good but I found PM to be profoundly dull.
>>
>>333057323
TTYD had*
start=star
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-21-18h51m18s75.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-21-18h51m18s75.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
My nigga
>>
>>333056436
I'm conflicted. I prefer the gameplay of TTYD, but I like the setting and characters of the original more. With a few exceptions. Goombella and Ms. Mowz are top tier.
>>
>>333056436
Absolutely
>>
Absolutely not.
>>
Paper Mario is like TTYD but without the humor or creativity.

So shit.
>>
The original is the better game.
When the original has a chapter about backtracking, it makes six paths branch off from the first screen, so you don't have to go through the entire map every time.
When the sequel has a chapter about backtracking, it's a straight line. Or worse, it's backtracking across the entire fucking map to find General White.

The two games share a lot of chapter ideas, and the only one the sequel did better was the tropical island chapter, but only because Lavalava Island was by far the worst part of the original.
>>
>>333058159
Uh what

Ttyd is the game that started the over simplistic designs and started removing the original characters.
>>
>>333059232
Examples?
>>
File: SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg (60 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg
60 KB, 640x443
I remember it more fondly because I was a child when I played it. Don't know if I agree or not, though. They're both excellent games.

What I do think is true is that Super Mario RPG is and will always be the best Mario rpg ever.

Does anyone know of any other games with an artstyle like this, btw?
>>
File: 53838_front.jpg (151 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
53838_front.jpg
151 KB, 640x640
>>333060125
>Super Mario RPG is and will always be the best Mario rpg ever.

Sorry, no.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.