[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Ocean 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: StarOcean5-1-1.jpg (1 MB, 1031x1280) Image search: [Google]
StarOcean5-1-1.jpg
1 MB, 1031x1280
>Only 20 hours long
>Can 100% the game in less than 60 hours
>Only 1 post-game dungeon
>Only two planets
>Second planet is just the final dungeon
>Literally all the enemies and skills are copy pasted from 3 and 4. Nothing unique

How could Tri Ace screw up this bad?
>>
Guess I won't need to open up 3 months of free time to 100% this time while being driven to insanity.

Thanks Tri-Ace
>>
>>333052728
Spent too much time in grafix and seamless battle stuff with 7 party members
>>
I don't know if this is just shitposting but I don't know why people expected much after the abortion of a game that is SO4.

Easily one of the worst games I played last gen.
>>
>only 20 hours long

Good. I'm tired of NEETs being the primary audience. I love RPGs but I don't have 80 hours to get through the main game, shit. I play on average an hour a day over the course of the week and it's more like 30 minutes on a work day and a couple of hours on off days.
I ain't asking for easy or casual games, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to a game that large.

>inb4frogs

I can post where I please, fuck off
>>
>>333052728
>Only two planets

Is it at least actual scifi and not generic sword and sorcery fantasy with a spaceship occasionally?
Star Ocean pissed me off.
>>
>>333052949
dis
>>
>>333053296
I think it's time you realize that this is literally the meta of this series, it's not going to change, every single game is doing it
>>
>20 hours long
>60 hours to 100%

This is good. Final Fantasy PS1 games were roughly the same and people hold them up as the standard for a "long" game.

Its like people forget that most devs consider 12 hours tobe "long" these days.
>>
>>333053148
>>333053854
>defending this

Fuck off. JRPGs should be 40 hours long minimum.
>>
>>333053957
Good thing it's 60 hours log.
>>
>>333052728
>>Only 20 hours long
This is going to be a new meme I see.
It's 20 hours long if you're a speenrunner wannabe who skips everything you can because you can't into Japanese.

I saw someone use the argument that not knowing Japanese would make it take longer and that made me laugh. It's a $CURRENTYEAR game, there is never going to be any difficulty figuring out where to go next.

If it is really a short game that will dissapoint me. But it is not going to be over for a normal player in 20 hours, even if that player doesn't care for bonus content.
>>
>>333052728
the first and second posts are good. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you retards. 20 hours for the main game is quite substantial already.

If i spent 60 hours on a game, you'd bet i'd like to have 100% on it.

the 3rd is valid.

Two planets is fine, depending on how actually large each planet is.

I don't have enough info to reply to the last one.
>>
Were people really expecting anything good after how bad Resonance of Fate and SO4 were
>>
>>333052728
Don't forget the fucking horrible camera that's worse than TOZ's camera.
>>
>>333054154
40 hours for the main game only
>>
>>333054638
Is it hard shifting those goalposts? Do you need help?

Do you consider FF8 a long game? Cause the record for 100% on it like 7 hours. Obviously its a short as fuck game and utter trash
>>
>>333054178
this guy knows what he talks about, the game shows you star shaped marks on the map for your next destination, always.

The 20 hour run was done by someone who skipped literally everything because he can't even read moon and just went from point A to point B.

I wish games would stop doing this, firstly it promotes exploration and immersion into the games world, and secondly it would BTFO white piggus
>>
>>333052728
How tight are the controls and responsiveness and battle system?
>>
>>333052728
>expecting a good game from a meme country in a meme genre with a meme cast with meme colored hair and meme weapons.
>>
>>333052728
Don't all SO games besides 4 have short campaigns and "Only" 2 planets?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.