[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this game has a ton of fans, apparently. I'm just now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: FF7logo.jpg (33 KB, 648x340) Image search: [Google]
FF7logo.jpg
33 KB, 648x340
So this game has a ton of fans, apparently. I'm just now starting a playthrough of it and was wanting to know some early game pointers about it.

What about this game made people go nuts back then? Are you excited for remake?
>>
buy a lot of grenades and use them. they do more damage than any of your abilities or spells (aside from limit breaks & summons) for a huge chunk of the 1st disk.
>>
>>333051329
Alright, thanks. I still have not seen a shop yet though. I'm on the second pillar detonation mission.
>>
>>333051106
Did you see that opening cutscene? That's pretty much it. Pretty graphics were huge marketing points back then(even now) and this game was the prettiest. It was a slightly different time. If you weren't old enough to experience it, you won't understand.
>>
>>333051482
there were shops in the sector 7 slums. the next place you'll be able to buy them is in the screen next to Aeriths house.
>>
>>333051106
The game is very simple and easy, just play it.
>>
>>333051535
I get that it was graphics. I was old enough to get mind blown by OoT, it's just that i never touched a lot of the playstation's RPG library. I hear that the story in this one is somehow the best of the series. Or if there was a innovative rpg mechanic for this game i didn't know about because I haven't played it.
>>
>>333051106
Steal from some rare guy in the train graveyard for a great staff for Aeris.
Steal from one of the guys in the Shinra Headquarters for a good Cloud sword.
>>
GODLIKE soundtrack
>>
>>333051862
FFVIII's was better and also undoubtedly the best FF soundtrack
>>
>>333051951
but FF7 was a good game
>>
>>333052035
Nothing to do with the soundtrack
>>
>>333051784
Nope. Story is shit. Gameplay is pretty basic. Characters are archetypes and doesn't really develop much. It was literally pretty graphics and cool music.
>>
File: cloud.jpg (96 KB, 562x1198) Image search: [Google]
cloud.jpg
96 KB, 562x1198
I'm former SOLDIER first class!
>>
>>333051106
Buy a bunch of hypers and put your characters into fury for faster limit breaks
>>
>>333051106
FF VII was my first RPG so my nostalgia goggles are sitting pretty tight.
But I still think it's a great game even now. The graphics were pretty good back then, at least in combat.

What amazed me was that after I spent hours to get out of midgard there was suddenly this worldmap. I had no clue there was more to this game and even though much confused me I loved every minute of it.

For the Remake I fear that much stuff will be taken out but I don't mind stepping away from the turn based combat. Has potential to go full DMC in bossfights.

also that midgard serpent scared the piss out of me back then.
>>
>>333051951
Nah
>>
>>333051106
it still holds up in 2016.
i bought it from ps store for ps4 at launch and i still had a blast with it. its literally a perfect game.
>>
>>333051106
>good graphics
>edgy story
>low difficulty

It basically was a lot of people's first JRPG. This and Super Mario RPG basically got me and all of my friends into RPGs back in the day when we were all 10-11 years old.
>>
File: 1437956411609.jpg (200 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
1437956411609.jpg
200 KB, 523x800
>>333051106
It's pretty easy, you can go in blind and finish it. I played it for the first time last year. Emulated it and used a PS1 controller, I made sure to keep myself in a FF7 bubble so I didn't get anything spoiled, all I knew is aeris dies at some point because that's common knowledge these days.

I had a blast with it, it's a great jRPG and super fun, messing around with Materia is enjoyable but as I mentioned earlier it's pretty easy so you're in no danger of seriously fucking anything up. You might miss stuff but I think a blind first playthrough is the way to go for any RPG.

Jessie best girl.
>>
>>333055430
What part of the story is edgy?

Sure it was bit nineties punk but that is excusable.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.