[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys excited for this? I feel like I never see threads about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Enter-the-Gungeon-GIF-Logo.gif (129 KB, 477x184) Image search: [Google]
Enter-the-Gungeon-GIF-Logo.gif
129 KB, 477x184
You guys excited for this? I feel like I never see threads about it, and since BoI and Nuclear Throne are so popular here I'm surprised.

Anyone picking this up?

inb4 shill, I just wanna talk about videogames
>>
Well I for one am excited for the enemy variety, it seems better than both BoI and NT in that regard

It seems like the dodge roll mechanic is really well utilized with the bullet-hell bosses and enemies since it give you i-frames, which is cool
>>
I'm super excited. 2 more days!
>>
I'm also really exited, seems an alternative to the Binding of Isaac formula. I personally love this genre, With Nuc Throne being my favourite. Enter the Gungeon seems to have the artwork edge though, the colours are vivid and nice, little details (visually). I'm gushing over it but im sure i'll have a blast.
>>
It looks like fun but I'm afraid it will get old extremely quickly because of the same environments used and because of how slow it looks overall. You can also get it on nuuvem for like 7 bucks and it looks to be region free.
>>
I'm pretty hyped for it, even though it will probably take a back seat to DS3 when that comes out 7 days later. I will probably end up dumping 400+ hours into it, however, because it looks like a different and really good version of BOI (which i have 380+ hours in right now)
>>
>>333052525
I think it's a good alternative to BoI as well, honestly I am fucking sick of that game. I've watched NL play it for like three fucking years and if I never see it again itll be too soon.

My only qualm is that unlike Nuclear Throne's super punchy gunplay that felt weighty and powerful, the guns in this seem to lack that "oomph" NT had.

I hope the variety makes up for it, I know its more about the diversity than the impact but still, I liked that about NT.

>>333052735
I think being able to teleport at will around the map is going to make the repetition not seem as bad, but I see what you mean. However, Isaac and Nuclear Throne used largely the same environments and one (boi) was carried by variety, the other (NT) by gameplay. EtG seems to have both factors.
>>
>>333052870
Nuclear throne had all different kinds of environments coupled with extremely fast gameplay. I honestly got bored of BoI very quickly because of how samey every thing felt even early on.
I hope this doesn't get like that for me though because it looks like fun.
>>
>>333049578
>only local MP
Dropped
>>
>>333052735
I'm hoping the devs take a page out of BoI's book and release DLC's giving variety to floors by creating a set of 2-3 floors for the game to choose from for each time you start (as well as creating new passives and guns for the player to find)
>>
from what i've seen it seems to be slow outside of boss battles (but then again i only watched the first floor so that can be wildly incorrect)

the guns sound insanely unsatisfying

i still want it to be good though
>>
>>333049578
I have it on my wishlist but I'm playing other games right now.
>>
Just heard about this. Looks interesting.
>>
>>333053045
I thought you meant like each level has its own look, which is the case here.

Different floors seem to have different aesthetics, but I think enemy variety is going to be the crux of the game's lasting power. Every floor adds new designs which have different attacks and work together in cool ways. I have hard time thinking of many enemies in NT that were as varied as these, granted I love the hell out of that game.
>>
>>333053168
>local MP
What does that mean? Help a brother out
>>
>>333053318
You can't play online with other people, only on the same console/PC
>>
>>333053318
if I'm understanding him correctly,
local multiplayer (ie no online) only
>>
>>333053414
Ohhhh, you used MP as short for multiplayer
It seems obvious now, excuse my momentary idiocy.
>>
File: Nucthroneplant.jpg (918 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nucthroneplant.jpg
918 KB, 1920x1080
>>333052735
Yeah the thing about this kind of games is, they are not meant to be played for hours and hours straight, i will even get bored of Nuclear throne if i go more than 2 hours. Playing for half an hour a day is enough for my fix, the same will be for EtG too. Will check Nuuvem never heard of it.

>>333052870
Yeah, variety is also what seals the deal for me in EtG seems the guns will have a lot of quirks, i hope more than NT, cause yeah i agree with you, it misses some weight but i think the visuals, especially the projectiles, will make up for me at least. Will check Bol also
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.