[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: header[1].jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Find a flaw
>>
Looks like shit.
>>
Gank Squad
>>
it somehow made an already perfect game even better
>>
they shoulda spent way more money on enemies and especially their animations
>>
Its not Dark Souls 1
>>
>>333049450
It's dark souls 2.
>>
Its too hard

You shouls be able to 1v1 every enemy in the game

Online works to well but no one invades because they cant twink and instead just blamed SM
>>
>>333049656
You can twink.
>>
>>333049450
It made Iron Keep worse. Fucking ambushed everywhere
>>
Things it did better than DaS: Gameplay systems (except soul memory and poise)

Things it did worse than DaS:
Lore
Atmosphere
Bosses
Literally everything else
>>
They followed the mindset that souls games are difficult for the sake of being difficult when that's not true

Demons souls and dark souls were difficult as a way of immersing the player
>>
It still has SM.
>>
>>333049450
You have to travel to Majula every time you want to level up and No mans Wharf is fucking annoying to go through. Honestly the only problems with it. Much better than Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>333049450

It exists
>>
too long animation of chest opening
no poise
some areas are not properly made due to deadline

it has some great designed levels, like prison island and huntsman copse
>>
>>333049772
I like the fast-paced gameplay of Dark Souls 1 better.
>>
The biggest problem of Dark Souls 2 is that it tries to hard to be difficult and forgets that Souls games should be more about atmosphere, immersion and fun. You can perceive this mentality in almost every part of the game, be in the quantity of shitty mobs that it puts against you, or in how unfair and tedious the mechanics of some bosses are, hell even in the amount of nerfs that the company released in comparison to previous games. Frigid Outskirts is just the empirical proof that the team was caring much more about making areas hard than about making them good.

Well, this and the fact that NPC arcs are garbage, the lore just tries to suck the fanfare of Dark Souls 1, the story doesn't even do a good job in giving context to your actions, the level design pales in comparison to previous games since all areas are fucking corridors now, most of the bosses are uninspired and the way that the world connects itself makes zero sense. Dark Souls 2 was so much worse than previous games that its DLC managed to be unquestionable better than the vanilla version.

All that said, I still think that Dark Souls 2 is underrated and the only reason why it gets so much shit is because of how good its predecessors were. Dark Souls 2 may be mediocre for a Souls game, but it still was one of the best(if not the best) games of its respective year.
>>
>>333049656
>Its too hard
????
No it's not?
Try getting good? Not being a git gud fag honestly but seriously
Practice?
>>
>>333051834
>Obligatory post where anon blames the game for his own lack of skill and other shortcomings.
Every fuckin' DaS2 thread.
>>
>>333049450
Who the fuck is the guy on the cover?
>>
Is it harder than ds1?
>>
>>333050509
I've been playing them both back to back, and the first game feels sluggish in comparison.
>>
>>333049656
No one invades because you have a limited supply of Red Eye Orbs until NG+
>>
>>333052998
>Lack of skill
Not really, the game isn't that hard if you use cheap tactics and tedious methods to beat it, the thing is that's just unfun to do so. You can use the same cheap shit in dks1 but that game encourages you way less to do that.

Not to mention that Souls games were clearly not designed to accommodate fights against huge mobs due to their slow attack animations, stamina system and camera/lock-on. The things in Dark Souls 2 are just lazily designed because they don't take the strengths and weakness of the game in consideration, they just add a bunch of stuff and hope that it will make the fights hard.
>>
Just finished fighting the lost sinner.

Having to fight the fkin flexile sentry in the dark with a torch was really bullshit, you can't dodge, you can't tank and you can't kill it fast enough.
>>
>>333053141
He invades you all the time.

>>333053348
Yup. But don't let casual and memelords trick you. It's still fair, just markedly harder. They designed the game with the goal of making a game that still challenged somebody who had beaten DaS1 a few times.

>>333053587
>Not really, the game isn't that hard if you use cheap tactics and tedious methods to beat it
I never used cheap tactics or anything tedious. Why is is that when I call your ability into question, you immediately resort to the other standby deflections for scrubs like you?

>Not to mention that Souls games were clearly not designed to accommodate fights against huge mobs due to their slow attack animations, stamina system and camera/lock-on.
Yep. As expected. A total fucking scrublord, who'd rather blame the gae that admit or address his own shortcomings.
>>
Hitboxes

Reused bosses
>>
>>333053348
Not really. If you're a strength build, you can just buy a mace from the black smith and put on a Greatshield and you're set for the rest of the game because a lot of enemies are weak to strike damage and you'll be able to guard pretty much everything as long as you have half decent stamina. It was even easier in the earlier versions of the game if you were a faith build because you had 16 Lightning Spear casts per scroll
>>
Start as knight
Never unequip the broadsword
No shield, maybe even wield another weapon like a stabbing one, that works great with it
Get good
>>
>>333054015
Why lame it out like that?
Why not practice being good without a shield and only use it when it's absolutely necessary?
>>
>>333054108
Because Agillity made rolls shit unless you put points into it.
>>
ADAPTABILITY
>>
>>333054196
???
Then put a couple points into it?
It's not impossible to play with sub 100 agility you know
>>
>>333052998
>Obligatory post where the poster clearly didn't bother to read the whole post he is responding to.
>>
>>333054310
I read it. Nothing you said in that post contradicts or countermands what I've said. You're a gigantic fucking scrublord and you've got the mindset of an immature teenager too. Stop blaming the game. Start taking responsibility for your shortcomings.
>>
>>333054261
It's infinitely more annoying until you have a decent amount of agility.
>Roll out of the way of an attack
>get hit anyway.
>have to put points into agility for the roll to actually be good and for it to do almost nothing else.
>can just put 30 points into strength, have some good weapon damage and have one of the best shields in the game
>blocking doesn't waste nearly as much stamina as rolling most of the time because high stability.
>don't have to deal with hitbox bullshit
>>
>>333053751
>I never used cheap tactics or anything tedious.
I don't give a shit about how you beat the game retarded, neither did I said that I used cheap tactics to beat it. Stop using anecdotal evidence to win the argument.

You can beat Dark Souls 2 with your bare hands with you want, that's pretty much irrelevant to the point. The point is taking into consideration how the mechanics work and how the game plays out and seeing how well the boss fights and areas of the game accommodate those things, which are things that Dark Souls 2 does terribly.

>Yep. As expected. A total fucking scrublord, who'd rather blame the gae that admit or address his own shortcomings.
No you brain dead idiot, that's a fact. Dark Souls isn't DMC or Bayonetta, it's a slow ARPG and its core gameplay wasn't designed to deal well with huge mobs. You can still win against these huge mobs?Surely. But the question is, it's fun to do so?The answer is no because again, they don't take the core gameplay into consideration. Mobs are just a example anyway, there are many other things that the DKS2 team does to make the game hard without thinking how interesting or fun they will be.

Fuck off with these git gud shit and learn how to argue.
>>
>>333054615
if you want*
>>
>>333054615
>I don't give a shit about how you beat the game retarded, neither did I said that I used cheap tactics to beat it
Yes you did. You whined about how the only way to clear parts of it is to employ cheap/tedious playstyles.
> The point is taking into consideration how the mechanics work and how the game plays out and seeing how well the boss fights and areas of the game accommodate those things
Which is does perfectly fine. Just the same as DeS or DaS. Your arguments are LITERALLY retarded deflections for a scrub.
> it's a slow ARPG and its core gameplay wasn't designed to deal well with huge mobs.
Literally wrong. Literally obtain proficiency.
>>
File: horrible_bosses_keyart[1].jpg (486 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
horrible_bosses_keyart[1].jpg
486 KB, 1400x2100
>>
>>333054615
>Mobs are just a example anyway, there are many other things that the DKS2 team does to make the game hard without thinking how interesting or fun they will be.
Yeah, the other guy's right. You're a fucking casual.
>>
File: DS2Roller22.jpg (489 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
DS2Roller22.jpg
489 KB, 1440x810
Major flaws:
Soul Memory
No Red Eye Orb
Poise

What it really comes down to is I can count the number of times I was invaded on one hand (short of hotspots like bell towers) and that's pathetic. Otherwise I like it quite a bit.
>>
>shit AI
>inconsistent level design
>clipping issues
>bugs everywhere
>weapons have no weight, go through enemies like air
>story is as lazy as they get
>netcode is garbage
So, pretty much like all Souls games.
>>
>>333053495
Uh, no, you dont. Creos are unlimited and easy as fuck to get. Its called arena
>>
File: 6899513-dark-souls-2-wallpaper.jpg (347 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6899513-dark-souls-2-wallpaper.jpg
347 KB, 1280x720
Scholar of the First Sin is the best Souls game
>bosses
>atmosphere
>story
>soundtrack
>bonfire travel
>power stancing
>all around better combat and movement
>>
>>333055067
Arena fucking sucks
I didn't join the invasion covenant to duel people
I joined the invasion covenant to invade people.
>>
>>333049450
no quelana
>>
>>333054615
>its core gameplay wasn't designed to deal well with huge mobs
This meme again. Because of what, the lock on? The optional lock on which is a tool rather than a necessity, as evidenced by all the bosses which absolutely fucking destroy the camera when you lock on in all of the games? It's about as designed around mobs as your average beat em up, where positioning and crowd control actually mattered unlike in DMC or Bayonetta where you can dance around enemies without any issues. Granted there's a lack of throws but that's made up for by the game's huge variety of weapons with a wide arc, AOE spells and the environment.
>>
FROM SOFTWARE office room

>hey, how do we fix heide?
>HEIDE KNIGHT MINIBOSSES EVERYWHERE LMAO
>but that's not hardcur enough xd
>MAKE THEM AGGRESSIVE AFTER KILLIN DRAGONRIDER
>that's a good idea, but still not enough bullshit.
>LATE GAME WYVERN MOB WHICH ALSO SERVES AS A FUCKING BOSS ON THE BRIDGE LMAO
>>
>>333055157
Literally the same thing
>>
>>333049450
2 ez. I miss the frustrating difficulty from ds1
>>
File: 2LioX.jpg (42 KB, 376x382) Image search: [Google]
2LioX.jpg
42 KB, 376x382
Nothing

NOTHING

is as memorable in DS2.

Name TEN ds1 bosses BY NAME.

now name TEN ds2 bosses BY NAME-

i guarantee you, for DS1 youll hear like
>"smaugh and orenstein!", "artorias" "capra demon"

but people for ds2 will be like
>"uh... that lava boss? Oh, and there was the chariot dude as well. and that slug thing."

its eternally a b-souls
>>
>>333054794
>Yes you did. You whined about how the only way to clear parts of it is to employ cheap/tedious playstyles.
Work on your reading comprehension skills, Ape. What I said was that the game isn't hard when you use cheap tactics, not that the only way to beat it is with cheap tactics. How I beat the game is irrelevant to the discussion anyway, argue against my points and not against me.

>Which is does perfectly fine. Just the same as DeS or DaS. Your arguments are LITERALLY retarded deflections for a scrub.
>Literally wrong. Literally obtain proficiency.
Just non arguments, ad hominem and blank statements again. Not to mention that you typed literally 3 times in just a few sentences, either go back to /b/ or kill yourself you retarded shitposter.
>>
I can't, honestly. Yesterday I played it and it was my first time playing a souls game. Dunno why I skipped DS1.

I'm hooked, it's like Undead Spec Ops: The Game.

>ambushes aren't just spawn pinatas like in most games, you can actually die
>progress slowly through rooms
>analyze the situation
>plan a way to take down all the enemies
>execute it
>have a feeling of accomplishment

Better than any milsim I've ever played.

This feeling does go away once I know an area, so I don't think I'll be playing NG+.

The only flaw is that I'm playing for too many hours a day.
>>
I reached no man's wharf and killed the dragonSLS slayer at level one because it wasn't apparent how to level up nor did I realize I was going the wrong way

Several bosses require co-op play which is bull shit
>>
>>333055294
pancake the heide knights to oblivion
running to the wyvern may be hard, but slaying it is cheap shit
>git gud
>pic rel
>also pic rel
>>
Feels awful to controll, and the weapon feels awful too, therefore I wont play this game again.
>>
>>333054794
Stop baiting the poor guy its painful to watch

On the other hand if you are serious Souls 2 wasnt hard for me at all, but the only times I died were in cheap ways, due to a mob of enemies who were clearly put there to be "difficult".
There is challenge and there is walls made to obsruct you
These are not what you want
>>
Ganks
Adaptability
Shit questlines
Parrying
Nerfed healing
Shit level design
>>
Poorly crafted areas
World is linear as fuck because it tries to have seamless hub world
Inaccurate hit boxes and lagged animations mean cheap deaths and hits
Aggro range on ranged enemies is too high
Iron fortress as a whole.
Turtle knights
Boss fights depend of how much healing and humanity you have rather than actual skill
No plung attack
You take fall damage from doing air attacks
Getting to the sewers
Ultra greatswords
Ultra great sword animations
Npcs are completely useless except for three of them
>>
>>333055105
>bonfire travel
I couldn't tell you were baiting till then
>>
>>333055498
>Several bosses require co-op play which is bull shit

no they dont
>>
>>333055498
>Finished whole game alone with just pate's spear and a greatshield
>Needing co-op
>>
>>333055347
Literally not.
>fight 1v1 muh honorabu duel
>in the same 2-3 arena spaces with nothing in the environment
>aren't even matched by level so you can get easily fucked out of an orb and a covenant point because you got matched up with someone who is just straight up stronger than you
>>
>>333055418
It's harder to name an unmemorable DaS boss.

Asylum demon? First boss, kicks your ass if you don't escape the boss room, plunging attack and stuff like that.

Taurus? Two undead with crossbows, drops out of fucking nowhere on a narrow bridge.

>>333055510
>git gud
Taking out all these faggots with a bow isn't fun. Also when you walk up from the first bonfire you instantly aggro two heide knights + one old knight.

>pancake
Shit, Heide is supposed to be the second location in the game. You don't have access to any of the heavier weapons.
>>
>>333055643
It really is a good thing, can't believe people are criticising that game mechanic
>>
DaS>DeS>BB=SOTFS>Shit>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>333055624
>Turtle knights
stopped reading there
LITERALLY GIT GUD

LIKE OMG HOW MUCH OF A SCRUB CAN YOU BE
>>
>>333055437
>What I said was that the game isn't hard when you use cheap tactics, not that the only way to beat it is with cheap tactics
Which is stupid as fuck because it's not even hard without the special tactics.
> How I beat the game is irrelevant to the discussion anyway, argue against my points and not against me.
I have argued against your points. Your points are invalid trash and your points are your points because YOU are an gigantic immature baby who can't accept that he's bad at the game. It's that simple champ. You're awful at the game and all your commentary is being filtered through that lense.
> Not to mention that you typed literally 3 times in just a few sentences
Two seconds ago you're telling me to argue about the game and not deflect to other things, and now you're upset that I used "literally" a lot?
>>
>>333055775
Its the antithesis of something they did really well in 1
It made you feel like you were really on an adventure and that the world was connected, and when you finally got the Lord Vessel you had already seen most of the world and traveling still made you know where you were in the world. 2 feels so disconnected and linear because of this. I dont mind warping, but it needs to be one of the last things you get in the game
>>
>>333055534
>There is challenge and there is walls made to obsruct you
Those are the same fucking thing. You're just as stupid as he is.
>>
>>333049450

Hitboxes in other words i was forced to skill something to avoid attacks

More artificial difficulty

Shitty world design

Even more shitty story than 1 and Demon's Souls
>>
>>333049656
>it's too hard

This was your first dark souls wasn't it?
>>
It's measurably worse than its predecessor in nearly every way.
>>
>>333055624
>ultra greatswords
>hating on crypt blacksword and ivory king sword
Gay
>>
>>333049450
soundtrack
>>
File: 1459293169097.png (457 KB, 662x664) Image search: [Google]
1459293169097.png
457 KB, 662x664
>9 days
>>
File: 1459535552378.jpg (312 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1459535552378.jpg
312 KB, 581x542
>>333055418
I can literally only remember then names of the bosses in the DLC areas.
Those areas where the only good parts of the game.

oh yea and
DARKLURKER SON
>>
>>333056345
What happened to her face? She looks like that metroid fusion boss, lmao.
>>
>>333056401
>She looks like that metroid fusion boss
pfffhahahahaha
>>
i only played vanillia

i just remember dark magic being op and 1 shotting everything, whats the OP in this version?
>>
>>333054904
If you're going to post something try to contribute to the discussion, this isn't reddit so upboats don't matter.
>>333055210
>Because of what, the lock on?
Because of the slow movement/attack animation, the stamina system, the camera AND lock on.

>The optional lock on which is a tool rather than a necessity, as evidenced by all the bosses which absolutely fucking destroy the camera when you lock on in all of the games?
Which boss destroy the camera in Dark Souls 1 like the 2cats does in Dark Souls 2?You're right though, the lock-on is a optional tool rather than a necessity and the game pretty much forces you to beat the bosses without it. Thing is that the game clearly meant for you to use the lock-on system, proof of that is how unresponsive and clunky the controls become when you drop the lock on. With practice you get used to it and anyone who played pvp for a decent amount of time knows to handle it, but the fact is that the game was no meant to be played that way.

>Granted there's a lack of throws but that's made up for by the game's huge variety of weapons with a wide arc, AOE spells and the environment.
Meaning, you can shoot poison arrows in the enemies from far away, use spells before they get close, use hit and run tactics, or walk backwards waiting for the enemies to exhaust their combos. This is what I meant with using cheap, tedious tactics above.

Again, you can beat everything with sheer skill as well, but the game encourages you to use these kind of retarded tactics in many parts.
>>
>>333055418
>Capra demon
>Moonlight butterfly
>Artorias
>Taurus demon
>Kalameet
>Snorlax and Pikachu
>Gwyndolin
>Priscilla
>Gaping dragon
>Iron golem

Dark souls 2
>The fat star wars slug thing
>Dragonrider
>Lost sinner
>Lava dude lmao
>The white tiger dlc thing
>The poison dragon dlc thing
Fuck it i can't remember any names.
>>
The DLCs were fucking top notch perfect
>>
>>333055717
>bitching about muh honorabu duel
>wants to invade people minding their own business who didn't even ask for it

You're literally a nigger.
>>
>>333055418
honestly, half of the memorable bosses of DS2 are from the DLCs
>>
>>333056956
Just play in offline mode if you can't handle it.
The game speaks for itself anyway. No one invaded. Even during the original's release week, I got invaded maybe once, and that was only in NG+, and I guarantee that I would have been invaded more if there was access to infinite red eye orbs sooner.
>>
>>333056580
>Because of the slow movement/attack animation

All of which balances out since enemies have the same exact issues. The slower pace and limited mobility means that you have to be careful with crowd control, unlike Bayo/DMC where most enemies are very passive so you don't have to pay close attention to their positions. It's closer to an old school beat em up.

>Thing is that the game clearly meant for you to use the lock-on system, proof of that is how unresponsive and clunky the controls become when you drop the lock on.

The exact opposite is true. You are given more freedom and can avoid most attacks more easily after dropping the lock on. Not locking on makes it possible to avoid attacks without rolling. People have even fucking beaten Artorias without taking a hit or rolling by using the free movement that not locking on gives you. This is a bullshit assumption that's born out of your lack of experience with the game more than anything.

>Meaning, you can shoot poison arrows in the enemies from far away
No, meaning you can use multi-hit weapons like the grand lance to quickly take out tougher enemies or launch crowds of enemies in the air with the fucking greatsword. You can lure them away and quickly take them out one by one.
>>
File: DS2map2.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS2map2.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>>333049450
>Some of the textures/backgrounds were shit
>The world map isn't as interconnected

Other than that I liked it better than DS1
>>
>>333057137

I cheat engined a fuckton of REOs in once I got a few and invaded for weeks. Most fun I've ever had in a souls game.
>>
Some of the worst bosses in souls games, half of them are just generic big knights with barely any gimmick. Any giant knight enemies also have infinite stamina and spam their R2 for days (dragon shrine)

Despite how "open" it tries to be, its almost entirely linear. Bonfire warping at the start destroys any sense of map connectivity. Some geography is retarded (iron keep on top of a windmill)

Worst multiplayer locking of any souls games. I literally have to equip the shitty agape ring not to overlevel my SM to do any type of multiplayer.

Farming is limited to 15 attempts per mob. Thank god they patched in Champion Covenant to put mobs re spawning forever. I think I spend most of my time in that covenant.

NPC quests where you have to summon and babysit them actually making the bosses more frustrating than not. At least they fixed NPCs falling into death pits on the way to the fog door.

... Oh I get it, that's the joke. I couldn't name just one flaw.
>>
>>333057480
I remember I enjoyed invading people on consoles at Earthen Peak and used a poison twinblade. Then I ran out of orbs and had to go to the arena and stopped enjoying myself
>>
>>333055418
Capra demon
Taurus Demon
Asylum demon
Demon firesage
Bed of chaos
Centipede demon
Ceaseless discharge
Chaos witch qqueelag
Pinwheel
Gwin lord of cinder

Lost sinner
The rotten
Duke's dear freya
Last giant
Dragonrider
Scorpioness nadjka
Elana the squalid queen
Avva the king's pet
Fume knight
Sir alonne
>>
>>333055880
>Which is stupid as fuck because it's not even hard without the special tactics.
So the game isn't hard at all?Good to know that despite all their efforts and insistence in making a hard but unfun game, they still made it easy.

>I have argued against your points.
No you didn't, you just threw insults and git gud memes.
>Your points are invalid trash and your points are your points because bla bla
Translation: I can't argue against what you said, so I'll just say you're bad at the game, that surely will work!

Listen up Ape, you can't prove that I'm bad at the game and neither can I prove that you're bad at it. We've no knowledge of each other's playthroughs our lives so arguing about one's ability is a waste of time, you should instead argue against the arguments that the person you're arguing with is presenting, which can be discussed right now because they are being presented right now, it's simply as that. Of course you wouldn't know that because you're mentally challenged. Just so you know, I've more than 2000 hours in Dark Souls 1 and 2 combined, plus 300 hours in Demon's Souls. I'm arguing against Dark Souls 2 because the game was disappointing for the exact reason I mentioned above, they tried to make the game hard instead of making it interesting, when difficult was just a side effect of previous installments. Now, the game wasn't bad because it was hard, it was bad due to the side effects of the mentality of focusing on making a game hard for the sake of being hard.

>and now you're upset that I used "literally" a lot?
I did that after supporting my point and arguing against what you said(which was basically nothing in the previous post), huge difference. Also, using literally a lot is the mark of a shitposter.
>>
>>333056956
>>333057137
Also DaS2 had an entire covenant dedicated to protecting people who were invaded, but it barely got used because no one ever gets invaded, making 2 covenants almost entirely useless
>>
>>333057872
>arguing on the internet
Anon.
>>
>>333049450
Bullshit hitboxes, boring enemy designs, lackluster bosses, bad level design, it'd be harder to find a fucking good thing than a flaw.
>>
File: 1410970428656.jpg (36 KB, 322x321) Image search: [Google]
1410970428656.jpg
36 KB, 322x321
>>333055418
Im gonna try it without the DLC bosses
Vendric
Neshandra
Old dragon slayer
Old iron king
Lost sinner
The Rotten
Velstad
Smelter Demon
T-that poison snake lady

Fuck me you're right
>>
>>333054958
rel
>>
>>333057872
>you can't prove that I'm bad at the game
Yes I can. Your opinions would only exist in the mind of somebody who lacks proficiency.
> I've more than 2000 hours in Dark Souls 1 and 2 combined, plus 300 hours in Demon's Souls.
I've got double that playtime + experience with Shadow Tower/King's Field and more. It's basically impossible to have played more Fromsoft ARPGs than I have. Claiming/Pretending you're a big series vet doesn't change anything.
> they tried to make the game hard instead of making it interesting
You couldn't be more wrong.
>when difficult was just a side effect of previous installments
The previous installments were astoundingly imbalanced and easy. Astoundingly. All DaS2 did was adjust the mechanics so things like enemy tracking and poise didn't make the whole game brainless like it did for DaS.
> Now, the game wasn't bad because it was hard, it was bad due to the side effects of the mentality of focusing on making a game hard for the sake of being hard.
You're not making a coherent argument. You're just babbling.
>I did that after supporting my point
Doesn't matter, you're a hypocritical shitstain.
>>
>>333055418
That's kind of easy honestly, maybe it's just because I've played both games a bunch of times, though

Asylum Demon
Taurus Demon
Belfry Gargoyles
Capra Demon
Gaping Dragon
Quelaag
Iron Golem
Ornstein and Smough
Priscilla
Stray Demon

Last Giant
Pursuer
Ruin Sentinels
Flexile Sentry
Dragonrider
Old Ornstein
Lost Sinner
Skeleton Lords
Covetous Demon
Mytha
Smelter Demon
Old Iron King
>>
>>333056004
Not other anon but i played dark souls on release before i got into gaming forums and thought it was boring and put it down. Last year played dark souls 2 Sotf and found it to be of average difficulty now im play Dark Souls 1 again and it feels like a fucking breeze. It's more fun now but definately not as hard as you are pressured a lot more to not die in 2.
>>
>>333055624
Reading this just makes me think you were bad at the game and thought you were good because dark souls 1 has 0 punishment for being a scrub.
>>
fucking soul levels ruined my coop experience and coop was why i liked the souls series
>>
>>333053495
I used to cheat engine red orbs back in vanilla release. Think you get instabanned in SotFS for that now.
>>
>>333058535
> thought you were good because dark souls 1 has 0 punishment
epic shitpost my man
>>
>>333055418
Taurus Demon
Capra Demon
Bell Gargoyles
Sif
Knight Artorias
Four Kings
Gwyn
Smough and Ornstein
Seathe
Stray Demon

--

Dragonrider
Old Dragonslayer
Flexile Sentry
Covetous Demon
Old Iron King
Duke's Dear Freja
The Rotten
Looking Glass Knight
Fume Knight
>>
>Roll i-frames tied to a fucking stat
>Weapon durability system
>Enemies spin on a dime
>Shoddy animations everywhere
>Not a single memorable boss
>Non-existent invasions
>Horrible world and level layout
>>
I just felt that the world wasn't that connected like it was in DaS and Bloodborne.

In both DaS and BB you could see other areas from a high place, but in DaS2 every area felt like completely separated from everything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x528
There are plenty of flaws.
>>
File: 1450270282952.gif (2 MB, 270x287) Image search: [Google]
1450270282952.gif
2 MB, 270x287
>>333058803
Oh yeah, and fucking SOUL MEMORY
>>
File: 133106490852129.jpg (30 KB, 292x279) Image search: [Google]
133106490852129.jpg
30 KB, 292x279
>>333055418
Last Giant
Pursuer
Dragonrider
Old Dragonslayer
Flexile Sentry
Ruin Sentinels
Lost Sinner
Skeleton Lords
Executioner's Chariot
Covetous Demon
Mytha, the Baneful Queen
Smelter Demon
Old Iron King
Scorpioness Najka
Sunday mass with Magus and trash
Duke's Dear Freja
Royal Rat Vanguard
Royal Rat Authority
The Rotten
lmao2 Dragonrider
Looking Glass Knight
Demon of Song
Velstadt, the Royal Aegis
Guardian Dragon
Giant Lord
Ancient Dragon
Vendrick
Throne Watcher & Defender
Nashandra
>>
>>333058749
All you lose is time for being a scrub in DaS. Soul memory fixed that and shows how good you actually are at the game. The only bad part about soul memory is it forces min maxing and you cant play with random gear till high level.
>>
>>333058803

>tied to a stat

2 stats I believe
>>
>>333058804
Even the nightmare areas in BB are connected to each other.
>Hunter's Nightmare can be seen under the water in the Fishing Hamlet
>Ship masts from Fishing Hamlet can be seen from Nightmare Frontier
>Nightmare of Mensis building can be seen from Nightmare Frontier
>Amygdala Tower can be seen from Nightmare of Mensis
I'm assuming that the Hunter's Dream is just above all of them and the Hunter's Nightmare is just above Yharnam's sky
>>
If a person complains about soul memory in 2 you can ignore their opinions because it just means they were bad at the game and dont want to admit it.
>>
>>333058907
Did he died?
>>
>>333058803
Also uncinematic 60fps fucks some mobs. At least Alonne mobs and mace knights in Heide.
>>
>>333055418
>DS2

Umm mirror knight, flexile sentry, old king whatshisface, last giant?
>>
Soul Memory
No complete invasion orbs
Replay value is really low because of Soul Vessels and Titanite Slabs up your ass.
Soul Memory
DLC enemies are a fucking bother to kill, literally sponges.
Regular enemies are too easy.
Retarded pandering to DaS 1
Getting to the good part takes a stupid amount of time even when you know exactly where shit is.
Mob bosses
Soul Memory
>>
its not god hand and therefore its shit
>>
>>333053751
>He invades you all the time
Is it that piece of shit i freed from Aldia's?
>>
>>333055418
I'll give it this

>Facing Throne Buttbuddies, then Nashandra, then Aldia in a gauntlet.
>>
>>333059254
>Soul levels
Logical progression for co-op and invasions throughout the game, areas have a level range and PVP is consistent in area, can stop whenever you like
>Soul memory
Can never stop, split into ranges of 30,000 souls which is significant at 15 million SM upwards, ensures you will never have successful co-op

Soul Memory is for fags who can't handle being invaded.
>>
>>333053141
The Forlorn.
It was a new NPC invasion added in Scholar that just randomly happens sometimes and either uses a greatsword or scythe. Each time you beat him, you can buy a piece of armor from Straid. After all of the armor pieces are available, his weapons will start appearing in Straid's inventory instead
>>
File: 1330242926734852.jpg (64 KB, 502x374) Image search: [Google]
1330242926734852.jpg
64 KB, 502x374
>>333055418
Asylum Demon
Taurus Demon
Belfry Gargoyles
Capra Demon
Gaping Dragon
Chaos Witch Queelag
Moonlight Butterfly
Great Wolf Sif
Stray Demon
Priscilla
Dragonslayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
Dark Sun Gwyndolin
Pinwheel
Gravelord Nito
Seath the Scaleless
Four Kings
Ceaseless Discharge
Demon Firesage
Centipede Demon
Bed of Chaos
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
>>
>>333059593
No. He's something else. In SotFS he invades you randomly in a million different spots. Sometimes with a GS, sometimes with a Scythe.
>>
>>333054958
Butt
>>
>>333057182
>All of which balances out since enemies have the same exact issues.
That would be the case at the times where mobs were put against you in Dark Souls 1, at many times that wasn't the case in dks2. Also, when the game puts 5 enemies with huge HP and damage against you the fact that they're slow don't matter much, they will still leave almost no opening for you to attack if you fight against them in conventional ways, the fight against Ivory King is a good example of that.

>unlike Bayo/DMC
I compared to Bayo and DMC because they're fast paced games, meaning that they can drop hundreds of enemies at you without caring much. While mobs in Dark Souls can be used, but have to be carefully planned and balanced out to not become cheap fights. Things like O&S or 4 kings are good examples of fights against more than one opponent that works, while Elana and 2cats are examples of fights against more than one opponent that doesn't work.

>are given more freedom and can avoid most attacks more easily after dropping the lock on.
Like I said, dropping the lock-on is the most efficient way to play, I just stated that it isn't how the developers mean to be. My entire point was arguing about the mentality that the dks2 team had when they made the game.

>This is a bullshit assumption that's born out of your lack of experience with the game more than anything.
It isn't a assumption though, the controls and movements do look unresponsive and clunky when you first drop the lock-on. As I said previously, it only becomes efficient once you get experience with it.
>lack of experience
Funny because I play mostly without the lock-on ever since 2011.

>You can lure them away and quickly take them out one by one.
That's what I meant with hit and run. What's the point of putting huge mobs together if the player will just lure them out in a tedious way or kill them using arrows/spells?
>>
>>333057872
>when difficult was just a side effect of previous installments

You and everyone who keeps spewing this crap is absolutely fucking retarded. If you can look at something like the Anor Londo archers and honestly say to yourself that the difficulty was a side-effect then you're delusional. Not to mention that Miyazaki stated several times that the games were meant to be difficult, even describing himself as a sadist/masochist.
>>
>>333054958
I hope DaS3 will numb the pain, just for a week or two
>>
>>333054958
I'll roll
>>
>>333060093
Also Mimics, and Sen's Fortress, and those Tocxic guys from Blighttown etc
>>
>>333060089
>at many times that wasn't the case in dks2

Yes, but at most times it was definitely the case in Dark Souls 2. Either way this is talking about specific instances of them not properly balancing things like enemy stagger resistence, rather than anything inherent to the combat system. It fits group fights just fine in all of the games, Dark Souls 2 just tends to go overboard with it in the later areas. Bringing up the Ivory King as your example is a shit idea because that fight is supposed to be hard to manage to encourage the player to summon more helpers.

>I compared to Bayo and DMC because they're fast paced games, meaning that they can drop hundreds of enemies at you without caring much.

They're also shitty comparisons because the crowd control in those games is very minimal. Beat em ups like Final Fight or Streets of Rage are a far better comparison because of the slow pace, dangerous enemies and crowd control. Also it's funny that you mention O&S because the fight is incredibly flawed with Ornstein being able to damage you through Smough, the dash attack of his being completely broken and them frequently chaining hits on you in such a way that you're unable to recover from being knocked down once. The strategy for dealing with them is much the same as the strategy for dealing with a lot of the annoying group fights in Dark Souls 2, run around until they spread out a bit and attack when you get the opportunity.

>It isn't a assumption though

It is an assumption. They don't look unresponsive or clunky because you can run in any direction and do laps around enemies while they're swinging slowly. It looks smooth as fuck. Also it's not really uncomfortable unless you rely too much on the lock on. And even if it would be, it'd just be an advanced technique. And again, because of how badly the camera gets fucked during many boss fights, it's very clear that disabling the lock on is a real tactic the developers expected the player to use.
>>
>>333059184
That's actually really cool, I think I will just go to BB just to find stuff like this.
>>
>>333058303
>Yes I can. Your opinions would only exist in the mind of somebody who lacks proficiency.
Again, non-argument.
>Claiming/Pretending you're a big series vet doesn't change anything.
I'm not trying to have a competition with you anon. I know that you seem to be really interested in proving you're better than me at the game but that doesn't matter to me. I said what I said to ''prove'' I'm not a newbie at the game, nothing more.
>You couldn't be more wrong.
Okay, explain to me why.
>The previous installments were astoundingly imbalanced and easy.
Previous installments could become easy with certain builds and tactics, just like Dark Souls 2 can become easy with certain builds and tactics. Thing is that at least areas, enemies and boss battles were balanced around the core mechanics of the game and took the strengths and weakness of the gameplay into consideration, unlike Dark Souls 2 which just makes you fight tedious battles against huge mobs that aren't balanced around the fact that they're mobs and uses retarded mechanics without thinking thoroughly about them.
>You're not making a coherent argument. You're just babbling.
I am though, you just need to think about it. Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls were hard because Miyazaki wanted to make an immersive, atmospheric game where fights and exploration meant something to the player, which was why he made the game difficult, but the point of it wasn't difficult, that was just a side-effect. Now, the dks2 team made the game hard simply because they thought that was the selling point of it.

>Doesn't matter, you're a hypocritical shitstain.
I'm not. I criticized the fact that you was just throwing insults without arguing, while I argued against what you said and THEN threw an insult.
>>
>>333061739
>unlike Dark Souls 2 which just makes you fight tedious battles against huge mobs that aren't balanced around the fact that they're mobs and uses retarded mechanics
You are profoundly stupid and bad at the game. They're only tedious if you're bad.
>>
>>333054958
sure
>>
>>333062070
gotta know what's next
>>
>>333054958
not playing but roll
>>
File: 55deIXo.jpg (242 KB, 1440x1438) Image search: [Google]
55deIXo.jpg
242 KB, 1440x1438
>>333049450

Gank squads everywhere. Bland art direction; everything seems so dull.
>>
>>333060093
> Anor Londo archers and honestly say to yourself that the difficulty was a side-effect then you're delusional
I don't find the Anor Londo archers difficult or cheap at all but that's besides the point. Granted, Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls had their fair share of unfair, cheaply designed parts, like the mob of huge skeletons next to that ember in TotG, but they were few and far between, while dks2 had them all the time. When people complain about things in Dark Souls 2 they don't mean that they are nonexistent in previous games, it's just that they are more constant in dks2.

>Not to mention that Miyazaki stated several times that the games were meant to be difficult, even describing himself as a sadist/masochist.
He also said that difficult or ''being hard'' was never the point, see:
>Having the game be "difficult" was never the goal. What we set out to do was strictly to provide a sense of accomplishment. We understood that “difficulty” is just one way to offer an intense sense of accomplishment through forming strategies, overcoming obstacles, and discovering new things. Our goal of a sense of accomplishment was the basis of the game since the early stages of development, and we never strayed from that.
>>
>adp
>poise
>soul memory
>animations
>artstyle and lightning
>terrible level design
>controls not as responsive as other souls games
>>
>>333062515
You have no fucking idea what you're saying. In both instances the point is difficulty. Whether the difficulty is cheap or not does not matter because the games still focus on difficulty. The point of difficulty in almost always to give a sense of achievement, so that quote is meaningless. Also he said contradictory things multiple times, and more importantly showed that he liked fucking in the level/enemy design.
>>
Things that bothered me the most were the shitty adaptability stat, lackluster bosses, and barren level design (it's like every area felt empty and was just nothing but flat textures devoid of any complexity).
>>
>>333055294
Heide Knights have an extremely simple moveset that's very easy to punish if you pay attention to how many attacks they use in one combo.
>>
>>333060089
>no opening for you to attack[...] Ivory King is a good example of that

What? You have plenty of time attack between most of his combos. What you DON'T usually have time for is Estus. Many of the DLC bosses were designed to make chugging Estus far more risky.

>What's the point of putting huge mobs together if the player will just lure them out in a tedious way to kill them or using arrows/spells?

I know I'm jumping on late on this string of the argument but why has no one mentioned using horizontal weapon attacks? You can easily take out mobs of enemies this way with good positioning and attention to your stamina. And enemies that aren't easily poise broken like the Allone Knights? Simple. They give you a huge opening after their attacks. Position yourself well, get them to attack at the same time, and punish.

I know you didn't like the anecdotal argument the other guy gave you but I can't help but mention how I've cleared this game several times with nearly every playstyle imaginable and I never found the mobs of enemies to be cheap. It's just different from DS1, but just as manageable as anything that game throws at you when you understand how to approach it. You don't need to always sit back and lure enemies to you.
>>
>>333061097
>is supposed to be hard to manage to encourage the player to summon more helpers.
Are you talking about those useless knights you summon?They keep some of the enemies occupied, but at least 4 or 6 will still focus on you anyway. Doesn't help that they have huge HP, huge damage, cirurgical tracking, AoEs and magic. How's that fair or balanced?

I should have expressed myself better, but I do think that mobs can be used in Souls games(they are used in DeS and DaS as well), they just have to be balanced around that fact.

>lso it's funny that you mention O&S
I was using that fight as a example putting more than one boss against you, but at the same time making them fair. In the O&S fight you've a bunch of pillars/covers to use at your favor, Ornstein is fast and deals little damage while Smough is slow and deals heavy damage. Never said that the fight was flawless.

>Ornstein being able to damage you through Smough
That happens with almost every mob in every Souls game.
>the dash attack of his being completely broken
It may be broken, but it's also pretty easy to read.

>The strategy for dealing with them is much the same as the strategy for dealing with a lot of the annoying group fights in Dark Souls 2
Difference being that the game gives you tools to deal with the fight and both Ornstein and Smough have strengths and weakness to make up for the fact they're in superior numbers.

To answer your last point. The dodge and attacks don't look as precise as they are when you're locking on, you learn to adapt and deal with it after some practice but that's how it is in the beginning.
>>
Fucking red phantoms. What the fuck. Face 1, one of 2 things happen:

1) You manage to hit one once or twice before they roll away mid stun not giving a fuck

2) You trade hits with them because they just poise you and you always come out losing because they have about 5000 HP

Learning how to parry in this piece of shit game was the best thing I did, my charactes must have gotten diabetes from eating so much healing candy when fighting these fuckers
>>
File: 1.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>Dark Souls 2
>>
>>333065238
>Are you talking about those useless knights you summon?

You either have incredibly bad luck or you're exagerating. In the beginning you can pretty much just run around and casually hit them every now and then while your helpers take care of the rest, and later in the fight you have something like 3 of them active at the same time, and the AI gets very confused very easily so they're very passive.

>I do think that mobs can be used in Souls games(they are used in DeS and DaS as well)

They were used quite well in most of Dark Souls 2 too, especially the early areas like Forest of Giants, Lost Bastille and No Man's Wharf. It's only in the later areas where things went sour. And yeah that's the entire problem, it's one thing to criticize the later tanky mobs in Dark Souls 2, but to say that the combat system is unfit for group fights is ridiculous. Especially considering that it's at its most engaging when you're fighting groups because of how exploitable single enemies are.

>O&S

You can hide behind pillars of course, but you can also hide behind pillars in the hallway before Velstadt. Turtles giving you trouble? Lure them out to the ruined building. Royal Knight ambush being a bitch? Use the stairs or explosive barrels. O&S aren't "more fair" than Dark Souls 2 tanky group fights, they're just simply more fun because they're more dynamic and don't eat up too much of your time due to being a boss fight. They still suffer from the same issues people criticize group fights in Dark Souls 2 for.

>The dodge and attacks don't look as precise as they are when you're locking o

But the movement feels much more precise, so does your camera control. You don't really need precise dodging or attacking outside of 1v1 encounters with similarly sized enemies, which is when the lock on is useful. It's not meant to be used in every situation, though.
>>
File: 0.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>poise was balanced in das 1
>>
File: 1439002834465.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439002834465.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>DKS2
>>
>>333066890
nice job rolling
>>
File: 2.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>DaS2
>>
File: 1439002672474.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439002672474.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>DS2
>>
>>333067435
nice job rolling
>>
>>333066890
>DKS2
>>DKS2
Hitboxes were even more fucked up in DS1
>>
>>333066890
>>333067435

Should have leveled ADP :^)
>>
File: 3.webm (913 KB, 628x345) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
913 KB, 628x345
>Dark
>Souls
>2
>>
>>333054958
Rollerino
>>
File: 1428280771108.jpg (577 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1428280771108.jpg
577 KB, 1920x1080
>The Second Version of Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1459656343959.jpg (76 KB, 960x819) Image search: [Google]
1459656343959.jpg
76 KB, 960x819
>>333054958
>>
>>333054958
why not
>>
File: 1439001316840.webm (3 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1439001316840.webm
3 MB, 1000x563
>The Souls game that was released in 2014
>>
Including DS2 fo some of these, but whatever:
>looks like ass
>no, really, repeating textures abound and bad level geometry
>gank squad to the extreme|
>no, really, to the extreme
>lore is barely coherent mess
>geography of Drangleic is nonsensical
>enemies despawn after being killed too many times, unless you do either of two things that make the game needlessly harder, which means potentially being able to miss drops, not to mention ruining the sense of satisfaction of overcoming a difficult obstacle
>enemies have way too much tracking
>PvP is generally just buffing twelve times before actually fighting
>split stats for stamina and carry weight
>most characters aren't very interesting
>unfair difficulty compared to DS1 in the cancerous theme of "LOL DARK SOULS IS HARD XD"
>actually fucking marketed that way
>the game actually begins with itself basically taunting you, saying you're gonna die a lot because xD hard gaem
>way too many health items
>too many dudes in armor
>SM isn't really a good system
>too much work to get certain spells or weapons (i.e. spanning three playthroughs and maxing out exceptionally arduous PvP covenants)
>annoying gimmick areas like Black Gulch
>alienated people who bought DS2
>worse character creation
>lighting system is debateably worse
>really fucking stupid character name censors
>game is deigned around fast travel
>have to fast travel to Majula to level up

It did do some things right though:
>aim with crossbows
>expanded on hexes
>made Pyromancy scale
>better movement
>some genuinely great boss fights (Sinh, Mirror Knight)
>breddy gud music
>added new consumable weapons (arrows, throwing knives, urns, etc.)
>added ways to replenish spells (albeit too easy to obtain)
>added ways to make the game more difficult if you wish
>added new enemy spawns when using said ways, not just higher health and damage
>well-hidden secrets
>more equip slots
>better UI
>torches better used (though still leave much to be desired)
>better PvP in general
>>
File: I won't need my balls anymore.gif (2 MB, 350x198) Image search: [Google]
I won't need my balls anymore.gif
2 MB, 350x198
>The Souls game that Miyazaki didn't direct
>>
>>333067564
nice job rolling
>>
>>333049450

Focused on the PvP instead of the PvE content.
>>
File: 1428019003663.webm (2 MB, 844x468) Image search: [Google]
1428019003663.webm
2 MB, 844x468
>>333068303
>>333066983
>>333067539
It's difficult when enemies have a invisible force that pulls you back to them.
>>
>>333068639
nice job rolling
>>
>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO NOT LIKE THE GAME I LIKE
>THE ONLY FATHOMABLE REASON YOU CAN LIKE 1 BUT NOT 2 IS YOU'RE A HIPSTER.
>IT'S BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS NOW. LET IT GO.
>STOP NOT LIKING THE THING I LIKE.
>MOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>333068762
hyperbole autism
>>
>>333054615
This, frankly.
>>
awful, AWFUL hit detection
weapons degrade at an astronomically high rate
bosses are almost entirely big guy with a sword/spear
enemy grabs are magnetic and will pull you into their grip even if they miss you completely
SOTFS snow areas
absolutely retarded story
Soul memory
tying rolling and i frames to a fucking stat
>>
File: 1428087213233.webm (2 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
1428087213233.webm
2 MB, 840x472
>>333068710
Thanks m8.
>>
stop making this goddamn thread
>>
Streamers got it before actual customers did.
>>
>>333069625
So just like Dark Souls 3?

That's scary.
>>
People are either too pussies to admit that DaS was HIGHLY flawed because the community will furiously attack you if you slightly criticize the game or they just don't remember how shit it was.

Dark Souls 1 didn't even have proper fucking PC input for god's sake and you were forced to use a controller or 3rd party fixes.

Still they sold it for full price for too long due to the hype generated by this fucking piece of shit community.

The second one fixed literally everything besides making it tedious to level up due to MUH LORE.

I played the first one again after finishing the second and it's so easy and uninteresting, it's an eye opener.

All you have to do to finish it is to circlestrafe till enemies lose track. The second one actually FORCES you to git gud because of how enemy animations lock on you, so you actually have to evade and block instead of dancing around mobs.
>>
>Uninspired bosses
>Shit level design compared to its predecessors
>Company focused in making the game hard instead of good
>Over reliance on mobs to create challenging situations
>World map is linear as hell and don't make any sense
>Areas in the game look good from outside but are nonsensical hallways and shit ass corridors when you actually ''explore'' the place
>Intentionally cryptic lore
>Unnecessarily convoluted story
>Shit character arcs compared to DKS1
>Too much humanoids in both bosses and enemies cases
>a long list of horrible design decisions
>Soul memory
>Too much dark souls 1 pandering
>It plays to safe and at the same time fails to be like previous games
>Boss and enemies designs are shit compared to dark souls 1 and demon's souls
>Bonfire placement is also shit compared to DKS1
>Hitboxes are garbage
>Invading people sucks ass.
>They manage to somehow make the graphics and looks of the game worse than Demon's Souls.
>>
>>333056004
I'd say that dark souls 2 is the hardest souls game. I played dks1 recently after playing 2 and everything seemed so easy.
>>
>>333069507
Did he just fly back to his home planet?
>>
>>333068227
>>enemies have way too much tracking
Ok opinion discarded.

You are on of those fags that liked circlestrafing for 30 hours to beat the game.

Learn to evade and go face to face faggot.
>>
>>333071859
They could have just implemented more enemies with countermeasures to circlestrafing, like the turtle knights, instead of giving every single enemy huge amounts of tracking on every single attack. They even gave the Turtle Knights, who cannot be back stabbed, huge amounts of tracking.
It's not like Circle Strafing is not viable anymore either, because bosses like Dragonrider and Pursuer are complete jokes because of how easy it is to counter their moveset with Circle Strafing
>>
File: 1446215377720.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446215377720.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>333071859
>He thinks that this >>333067219
>>333066063 is a good design decision
>>
The game is great because it put DaS fags out of the comfort zone.

World design-wise, game is slightly worse than the first, but it was more consistent. Dark Souls 1 had a great first half but the latter bombed.

The combat system is way better and even if the enemy tracking seems silly at first, it actually forces you to learn how to evade and parry and that's why people who used only shields with the first game have a huge problem with this one.

My biggest complaint is that you have to TP to majula and skip 4 lines of dialogue and animations each time. (what with you kneeling and that cunt sometimes having to stand up from sitting).

I really despise the person who thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>333072223
They just nerfed strafing, they didn't remove it.

Go on and play Dark Souls 1 and use circlestrafing on everything and see how ridiculous it is.

I prefer increased enemy tracking than what we had before because it forces you to git gud and in the long run is more fun.
>>
>>333049656
>Its too hard

I found the first game much more difficult compared to the second.
>>
>>333072813
Due to lack of information and awareness of the mechanics.

Go and play Dark Souls 1 again, it's not what you remember it is.
>>
>>333072928
>Go and play Dark Souls 1 again

I am and I still find it more difficult.
>>
>>333072802
If anything, I found myself circlestrafing more in 2 than in 1, just waiting for an enemy to go into an attack animation so they stop moving while it's finishing up.
But sometimes you get bullshit like the flame salamanders who have huge hitboxes on all of their attacks, have projectiles that have awkward dodge timing and also take off huge amounts of stamina if you block, and also have ridiculous amounts of tracking and just aren't fun to fight at all.
See>>333066063
>>
>>333073102
How the fuck
>>
>>333072802
>>333071859
Just like you can cheese every enemy in dks2 by just spamming R1 with a rapier due to how poise works in that game.
>>
>>333073104
>>333073102
Just raise ADP, remove shield, use dual hand and start evading.

Game becomes EZ mode and it's still more interesting than the borefest of circlestrafing because evading everything is fun as shit.
>>
>>333072802
Having a enemy tracking your moves like he was some sort of autonomous robot looks fucking ridiculous. And strafing isn't even that bad in 1, many enemies have mechanics to deal with that.
>>
>>333073161

I just do.

The only shit that gave me any trouble in the second game (excluding the DLC) was the first half of Iron Keep and the Smelter demon. Everything else was a cake walk.
>>
>>333073383
>just play in this one specific way instead of playing any other way
>ridiculous amounts of tracking on enemy attacks instead of actually good ways to prevent circle strafing is okay guys, just turn off your brain and don't think about it.
>>
The covenants are mostly useless and the funnest covenant is reliant on players entering optional areas of the game.

Soul Memory.

Those are pretty much the only issues, though. The rest is all bandwagon hate memeing.
>>
>>333073383
>because evading everything is fun as shit.
>Implying you can't do the same thing in Dark Souls 1
That was literally what I did in both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
>>
>>333049450
level design

combat wasn't as good as the previous DS or Demon's Souls

Bad enemy placement

Shit story
>>
>>333073161
>>333072928
>muh 2 game is much harder
From where this retardation comes from?The vanilla game is literally piss easy, both of the previous games are harder. Only reason people think the second game is more difficult is because of the DLCs.
>>
>>333073843
So what's the problem?

Evading is even easier in the second one.
>>
>always thought people were exaggerating about enemies attacking faster than you can put up your shield
>just had a random hollow in the Forest of Giants do an overhead from about fifteen feet away in less than a millisecond
Damn that's some shit
>>
>>333074069
>not evading

Git gud
>>
>>333066540
>but to say that the combat system is unfit for group fights is ridiculous

This. I wish this fucking meme would die. The game functions just fine with multiple opponents and if a player decides to use a weapon without any horizontal reach to hit mobs, vertical reach to pierce mobs, refuses to use magic/miracles to deal with mobs, refuses to use a shield when fighting mobs in chokepoints they can't evade in, exclusively fight using a feature that focuses them on a SINGLE TARGET in a mob and refuses to summon allies to help them deal with mobs due to their single target strategy they have no fucking right to claim the game mechanics don't support fighting mobs.

These faggots need to play some fucking monster hunter so they can learn to aim their goddamn weapons

>>333051834
>>333054615
>>333061739

Refusing to use game mechanics doesn't mean that the mechanics are flawed your refusal to adapt or accept your handicap is flawed.
>>
>>333055763

>It's harder to name an unmemorable DaS boss.

No shit, they're harder to name because they're unmemorable.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>Dude just put a super tanky boss that kills you in one hit super earlygame LMFAO!
>>
I dont care if im called a shill but watch the matthewmatosis review.

It perfectly captures what Dark Souls 2 does wrong and then some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
>>
>>333075391
>get mace
>get right up in his face
>circle strafe
>>
>>333049450
do enemies still hit you through solid walls?
>>
>>333075391
I actually believe that asshole is intended to be challenged after you do Heide's Tower, since Lost Bastille in the other path is after that horrible Pirate area.

Definitely doesn't kill you in one hit, though, I was surviving multiple hits on a 5 Vigor magic build when I was human.
>>
>>333075529
Then get fucked by that 3 attack combo with his his shield.
>>
>>333075719
The only hard part I find of the combo to dodge is the shield hit. Other than that it's pretty easy to roll though, especially if you're just right up next to him. All of his other attacks can be easily avoided by circle strafing
>>
>>333075391
How the fuck is this hard lmoa?
It only becomes difficult when you have to fight two of them at the same time.
>>
File: breakdown.gif (2 MB, 250x142) Image search: [Google]
breakdown.gif
2 MB, 250x142
>>333075719
I know, there's literally nothing you can do about it
>>
That blood pulsing effect during boss cutscenes was straight garbage.
>>
>>333075956
>tfw finished DaS1 never evading and parrying
>tfw reached this fag
>tfw I got the divine idea to start EVADING his shit
>easiest boss ever

>>333076214
It's only with great souls bosses.
>>
>>333075391
>>333075645
dude just fucking walk around

stay relatively close then back away when he attacks and maybe roll if you have to

then you tap him 1-2 times and back off

the only way you can die to him is if you slip up eat some damage *and then* instead of patiently waiting for an opening to heal like you have been the entire fucking fight you sperg out and mash out an estus or life gem

or if you're some retard that mashes out rolls every time something mildly threatening is within a 12 foot radius of yourself
>>
File: dogshit.gif (1 MB, 307x278) Image search: [Google]
dogshit.gif
1 MB, 307x278
>>333076214
this
>>
>>333076214
I thought it was alright the first time because I thought it was going to be a one time thing and was supposed to represent the Last Giant springing back to life. Then they reused it for every single boss for no reason.
Is there anything like that in DaS3?
>>
File: Consoleowner.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
Consoleowner.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>>333075391
>Go to forest of the fallen Gigants
>Get rekt by this guy
>Go to Heide's tower
>Get rekt by gigants with magnet maces
>>
Graphics are shit and it runs like ass on PC if your system isn't specced to the gills
>>
>>333076341
No, there is nothing you can do

You can't evade in this game, it's impossible

[fourth obvious sarcastic line]

Get it yet?
>>
Soul memory
>>
File: 1459686473409.jpg (502 KB, 1800x1050) Image search: [Google]
1459686473409.jpg
502 KB, 1800x1050
>>333076453
>buy strike weapon
>shit on everything
>>
>>333049823
>Not Man's Wharf
>annoying in SoTFS

Lel
>>
>>333049450
it doesn't fix the flaws of Dark Souls 2.

it makes them worse
>>
>>333049823
>this guy didn't use a torch for NMW

LMAO

EASIEST SHIT

LITERALLY BARBIE TIER
>>
Soul memory killed the online
>>
>>333073446
> And strafing isn't even that bad in 1, many enemies have mechanics to deal with that.

No they don't. Looking through the boss list you can circle strafe every boss to death except O&S, Artorias, kalameet, ceaseless discharge, gwyndolin, BoC, gwyn and moonlight butterfly.

Discharge gwyndolin/butterfly/BoC are gimmick fights you cant get next to and gwyn is actually circle strafable but its faster to just parry him. Every lord souls boss is trivialized by circle strafing for example. Nito and seath may as well not even have attacks because of it. 4King ai is garbage so they never gangbang you and you can just circle strafe to death and roll backwards twice to avoid the AoE.

It would be better if they could actually just punish you for it but that would be severely overestimating from softwares general competence.

As for basic enemies most of them are easy to avoid and do negligible damage, excepting torch hollows and skeleton wheels/dogs. What it really comes down to is whether or not pirouetting enemies or ankle hugging gods to death is more retarded because they are most certainly both retarded.
>>
>>333054042
Never switched from the broadsword my whole first run in that game
>>
SOTFS and all those NPC invaders, christ almighty
>>
Unlike the other souls games, Dark Souls 2 just did NOTHING unique and there is no reason to play it, it's just a poor imitation of DaS 1.
You replay DeS for the total nonlinearity and unique style/atmosphere
You replay DaS for the great interconnected level design, depressing world atmosphere, good boss fights, build variety, and decent nonlinearity. There's many different ways to do everything
You replay Bloodborne to try either a new weapon or go arcane or bloodtinge, and for the visceral, fast, expanded combat and brutal, complex bosses/levels, along with the darker, scarier atmosphere.

Dark Souls II really does not have anything going for it, any time I try to replay it I remember that the only things I like are Sir Alonne and Eleum Loyce (which has shit bosses) and I stop
>>
>>333054958
Just started a new character, but fuck it, rollin
>>
Some areas in DaS 2 simply blow dick.

I was hoping SotFS would fix all of them, but instead it barely touches the areas that need fixing the most.

Like the Mill. The mill, I think, is one of the worst portions of the game. It's easy as fuck once you memorize every single monster closet, but until then it's just walking forward with your shield up waiting for new monsters to pop out of closets.

That about describes Dark Souls 2. Poorly designed areas sprinkled with poorly designed enemies.
>>
>>333054958
Let's do this
>>
>>333049450

The F in "First" is kinda unclear.
>>
>>333075391
Pursuer's only purpose in the whole game is to teach you the parry system.

That's it, once you know his parry windows (which are the most forgiving parry windows of any mob in the entire game. He's the only guy I can parry barehanded) it's literally just wail on him until he dies.
>>
Dark Souls 2 boss design

>Ok to pad this out lets make it so you can only hit a boss once before his damaging attack animation starts and instakills you for daring to try and attack more than once
>How do we make this difficult? I know! Lets add more enemies on screen thats challenging and memorable right?
>Hmm? How do we deal with strafing players? What 360 degree tracking attacks! That's brilliant!
>>
>>333075438
Is this the faggot that complained about the game mechanics being unable to handle mobs? Why would anyone take his opinion seriously when that's objectively wrong?

DS2 has a fair share problems, it's def worse than DS1 but that "game can't handle encounters with multiple enemies shit" is nowhere near why

giant forest and heide tower are total dogshit compared to the undead burg & the design decisions that made the burg what it is are completely absent from ds1

i don't really want to go into it right now but it's enemy placement and deciding not to put out of depth enemies in the early areas

essentially ds2 doesn't have something comparable to black knight (heide knight a shit) and havel encounters. the only decent fights early were the old knight trio and the undead quartet around the heide knight aside from the heide knight himself

there was a lot more handholding with the difficulty of encounters for most of ds2 and the difficulty was cheap shit like enemies around blind corners or hidden ones
>>
>>333077581

It's Eirst.
>>
>>333049450

It has "Dark Souls" in the title. Would have been better if they made a separate game, like Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 3 is already the "real" Dark Souls 2, a true sequel.
>>
File: 1459695098801.jpg (191 KB, 886x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459695098801.jpg
191 KB, 886x1000
It wasn't included in the base game.
>>
File: HERETIC.jpg (61 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
HERETIC.jpg
61 KB, 600x706
>>333077452
>literally everybody screams that shrine of amana is the worst and has way too many enemies
>a year later SoTFS adds MORE FUCKING ENEMIES
b-but it was a rushed development cycle! level adp and git gud!!!
>>
>>333077310
>>333077392
>spells only
>Miracles only

Kek, fuck that, reroll
>>
>>333054958
Almost done my DS1 run, so okay.
>>
>>333077757
Seriously

>LET'S PUT MORE OF THEM ON BALCONIES PEOPLE LOVE THAT
>>
Oh while I'm at it, the parry system in DaS 2 blows dick, too

Who the fuck thought having a delayed parry window was a good idea? Press button, expect parry sometime in the future but only if you match their attack window.

Ruins many of the dagger weapons. Also makes over 60% of the enemies in the game completely unparryable. Great job B-team.
>>
File: 1416104997084.jpg (124 KB, 762x613) Image search: [Google]
1416104997084.jpg
124 KB, 762x613
Salamanders
>>
>>333078236
Not only is the parry window delayed, but you have to let the enemy slowly fall to the ground (which looks fucking dumb and makes no sense) and then do the riposte, during which you are not invincible.

Parrying in Dark Souls 2 is ONLY viable when fighting a single enemy whose attacks you are familiar with, in which case you would never need to parry.
>>
>>333054958
Came too late for me but I'll roll
>>
>>333077757
They already nerfed Amana like 3 times, too.
>>
>>333078236
The delay is fine, what. Its the same way in DaS 3. Its literally just learning the timing for it.

The only bad thing about the parry system is the delay afterwards but the actual timing for parries is fine and if you actually take two seconds to git gud you can parry everything in the game including bosses consistently.

Like I get you have a massive hateboner and want replies but come on son you just look like you're bad at video games more than anything.
>>
>>333055418
das1
Taurus demon
capra demon
moonlight butterfly
sif
knight artorias
smough and ornstien
iron golem
Seath
Gywn
Bed of chaos
das2
Last giant
pursuerer
Lost sinner
Old iron king
smelter demon
Fume knight
Burnt ivory king
guardian dragon
covetus demon

struggled quite a bit with das2
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.