[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I beat Ratchet & Clank 2 and found the last few levels shockingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: ratchet-and-clank-2.jpg (41 KB, 315x450) Image search: [Google]
ratchet-and-clank-2.jpg
41 KB, 315x450
I beat Ratchet & Clank 2 and found the last few levels shockingly hard, and that annoys me because it's clearly aimed at like 8-12 years olds.

I actually found Ratchet 1 and 2 harder than Crash 1 and 2, despite Ratchet's reputation for being as easy as shit.
>>
2 does ramp up the difficulty a bit lategame, but nothing major, long as you have a Plasma Storm, you should be fine for the most part. Mo9st reliable weapon in the game, right after the R.Y.N.O.II
>>
>>333049660
I didn't have the Plasma Storm, I ended up using the Bouncer. I'm beginning to think the game only gets really tough if you don't collect enough bolts and you don't focus on upgrading your weapons.
>>
Probably because the jetpack enemies in the last level of Ratchet 1 are awkward as fuck to fight with the flimsy aiming and you basically not being able to strafe. It also ends on the mother of all bulletsponge bosses.
2 has really bad HP balancing at points which leads to a few sloggy encounters and a giant robot that's probably the worst boss in a series full of mediocre bosses.
>>
>>333050039
The last level and end boss of Ratchet 1 is a tough motherfucker, plus I didn't have the full health upgrade.

The last few levels of Ratchet 2 are as tough as fuck, plus collecting endless fucking ice shit against endless rock solid polar bears is annoying as hell. The final boss was mostly fine though, took like 3 attempts, the rest of the level was way harder, not least thanks to the lack of savepoints and limited health.
>>
Now try a playthrough without armour
>>
>>333049905
Oh for fucks sake.

Yep, that's your problem, bouncer is garbage mate, if you bough the Plasma coil and upgraded you would have one of the most reliable long range weapons in the game capable of decimatign normal enemies, instead you went for the equivalent of a half done combat volleyball launcher.

And yes, upgrading your weapons is a main focus, as it is the only real way of exponentially increasing your power. You mostly just got unlucky and rolled with a garbage close quarters weapon in a very open map filled with bottomless pits
>>
>>333050417
Honestly, I think the Bouncer was fine. It does a lot of damage so it's good for getting rid of waves of enemies fairly quickly.

But, yeah, the game seems designed so you have certain weapons and upgrades, and it doesn't tell you that, so if you have the wrong shit the difficulty spikes. 1 was much better with its use of weapons desu.
>>
>>333050378
This. This was hell for me especially on that fucking ice planet in 2
>>
Is the HD-collection good?
>>
>>333050651
No pal, you just ignored a gun and kept using another, It was your mistake for not utilizing every gun until its real potential was revealed, and even when not upgraded, they already do some rather fine damage, you just seem to have used a couple guns exclusively in a game with around 24 of them. That's a rather obvious mistake that anybody would notice, especially with the design mentality of a 2004 game
>>
>>333051560
It's what I'm playing. I never played the originals, but it seems great to me. Only major downside is they didn't re-do the cutscenes, so they're still in 4:3 SD.

The Vita version is have problems, though.
>>
>>333050651
Don't respond to "bouncer it shit" memester
>>
>>333051560

The PS3 version is alright. Ratchet 1 has some pretty fucky graphical glitches in the shop, but it's worth the ten bucks or whatever now.
>>
I don't remember R&C2 being that hard but I remember being unable to complete the last boss in 3 when I was a little jimmy.

Though I guess when you're younger you just don't think about how games fucking torture you sometimes
>>
>>333051587
Nah, I was using them all. Only ones I didn't really use was the chopper and the sheep shit.

The thing is, I needed to get rids of wave after wave of enemies, you have limited ammo, and I didn't want to tediously farm bolts to buy another gun. The bouncer is a good gun for killing en mass respawning enemies. I hadn't been using it that much until the final level.
>>
>>333051731
What's the problem of calling that volleyball launcher shit anon?

>>333052226
Plasma Storm does that just as well with the arch lightning of the upgraded form and the contact damage is through the roof, while also being a long to short range weapon.

Chose the wrong weapon sonny.
>>
>>333052593
Well, the Plasma Storm was 150k bolts. Maybe if it was cheaper.

(I also imagine the final level would have been easier if I had imported the R&C1 weapons)
>>
>>333052805
I mean, bouncer was 100k, if you saved up for the older weapon first instead of being impatient, you would have gotten a much better gun.

R&C1 weapons are nice, but they don't really cut it for the final level. Visibomb is neat though.
>>
>tfw UYA online is dead

Hop online faggots. I only played some online on the PS2.
>>
>>333053295
How was I supposed to know the later gun was much better?

(Also, I was short on ammo for the final level, the waves of enemies are endless)
>>
>>333053551

Do you want me to boot up my HD collection?
>>
Kids are good at video games because they have a shit load of time to play them
>>
>>333053703
Stop replying to his bait
>>
>>333053816
I'm sitting in a lobby right now. I just need you and 2 other anons
>>
>>333053953
But then how I will I bump my thread so I can feel good when it get replies?
>>
I wouldn't sweat it considering my experience playing it extremely casually.
>>
>>333054006

Is this cross-region? Where can I find you?
>>
>>333053551
Just 1 more, I'm the only game there
>>
>>333053878
I guess shit was also different back then. Less playtesting and devs raised on super-hard 8-bit/16-bit platformers.
>>
Don't die on me
>>
Someone else create one
>>
>>333053703
By reading the gun description on the megatron vendor and realizing its a long rage weapon unlike the bouncer?
>>333053953
You know Im not baiting, right anon? I have better things to do than bait and get (You)'s, Im not 12.
>>
>>333055542

How's Siege mode? Should we just keep deathmatching?
>>
>>333055761
I don't rembee how siege worked. I'm in a lobby with someone else, HOP ON
>>
>>333055882

I'm already in a game
>>
I wouldn't worry. I've played the first 3 for the PS2, then the hd collection until platinum, and I had varying experiences each time.

The 1st time I played number 1, I struggled on the later levels mostly. I was 14. Breezed through the hd version at 24 with ease.

2 was different. At 14/15 I breezed through the vast majority of the game. Even without some of the stronger weapons like the bouncer, plasma storm etc. The only thing I atruggled on was the giant robot. Last boss was easy. Funnily enough, I struggled on the last boss on the hd version. Beats me.

I don't really remember much about 3. It was boring, nothing too memorable.
>>
We need to get organized, who wants to create the next game?
>>
is Deadlocked worth it on PS3?

online at least alive somewhat?
>>
>>333056284

No, no way. While the HD Trilogy was an OK port, Deadlocked/Gladiator sucked
>>
>>333056259

Well I just dropped out so I guess I'll do it
>>
>>333055743
Bouncer is the best gun in the game
>>
>>333056472
Everyone join this guys so we can all get comfy
>>
Short one guy
>>
>>333056582
I'm pissed it's a preorder bonus for the new one because I'm not going to be preordering. It's probably going to mean I'm not going to buy it for like 3 years out of passive aggressive annoyance.
>>
File: 1458505620327.jpg (38 KB, 248x288) Image search: [Google]
1458505620327.jpg
38 KB, 248x288
>mfw the weapons in Deadlocked went up to level 99
>all of the particle effects turned into rainbows
>spreading HARMONY with the Supernova
>>
>>333056734
>I'm not going to be preordering
why not?
>>
File: john-oliver-640x360.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver-640x360.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>333056962
Because it's 2016?
>>
>>333049163

>It's for childs so it should be piss easy

Please, don't believe in that rubbish. If anything games for kids should be harder since they have more free time for practice.
>>
>>333057072
It's only $40
>>
>>333057178
Great, that means I don't have to wait as long for it to drop to $20.
>>
lobby
>>
Is R&C 3 multiplayer cross-region?
>>
>>333057576

I guess so, I'm playing from UK
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvWRilQ9lnI
>>
File: Ratchet shiggy diggy.jpg (140 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet shiggy diggy.jpg
140 KB, 500x375
I'm afraid I can't host the next one, tendies are ready. Keep the game and thread alive plz.
>>
ggs fatboy
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.