[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perfect Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: 1396919220965 - Copy.jpg (372 KB, 1056x592) Image search: [Google]
1396919220965 - Copy.jpg
372 KB, 1056x592
In a more perfect world, what would you like to see Nintendo change about their model or release as software, hardware, etc.?

In other words, what future titles would you like to see? What hardware changes do you want to see? What do the fans actually want from Nintendo?

Let's have an actual, legitimate discussion here and avoid shitting all over the company. If you actually think they should drop out of making consoles, give a good reason. Don't just blow your "haha nintentoddlers" load without at least a little foreplay, guys.
>>
>>333042852
No
>>
>>333042852
>Hardware changes
Next console needs a mobile phone gimmick, to recapture the lightning in a bottle the Wii had for casuals

>Software changes
Give us a unified account system and more of an "entertainment box" focus like the other two consoles. Link games between multiple systems. If I bought Hyrule Warriors for Wii U, I should be able to play it or download it on the next system.

>New content
-Give us another 2D Metroid in full HD to catch the Metroidvania/indie game wave that's been going on for a while.
-Revive some of the older IPs: Mach Rider, Star Tropics, Castle Murasame, etc. Give them full makeovers like Kid Icarus got. Make Mach Rider a Fallout-style open world game with a bike, Star Tropics maybe a crazy dungeon crawler in the vein of Tomb Raider, and Murasame can be a go-to "mature games for mature gamers like me" swordfighting game.
-Make another Pokemon Stadium game in full HD
>>
A 3D mario that isn't 3D world 2, fucking pikmin 4 already jeez, a Mario and Luigi game with the story similar to BIS but with the perfected gameplay of Paper Jam, and of course a console without gimmicks.

See you in hell OP.
>>
Hire more employees/studios to increase game output. There should be a game from every major Nintendo series on every platform.
>>
>>333043581
>2D Metroid in full HD
What would be the point? Just put that shit on the 3ds.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>333042852
>/v/
>having a rational logical discussion about Nintendo

That's like trying to stop Garfield from loving lasagna. It's just not going to happen.
>>
>>333042852
Unified online account system. If I buy a Nintendo game digitally, then I should be able to play it on any compatible Nintendo console. Make it work spending that $60 and don't lock it to a single console.

Nintendo is fairly good with new ideas but has forgotten to refine ideas or put any challenge in them. Sure, okay, you aren't making Paper Mario or Metroid anymore. That's fine. But don't be taking your new ideas and slapping those names on them for sales. Nobody would be complaining about Sticker Star: Color Splash in the same manner if it didn't seem to be selling itself as a Paper Mario game.
>>
>>333043581
>more of an "entertainment box" focus like the other two consoles.
Cancer killing consoles. Sony has basically put more effort into their new TV service than making games for their console and handheld.
>>
>>333044176
>Nobody would be complaining about Sticker Star: Color Splash in the same manner if it didn't seem to be selling itself as a Paper Mario game.
Bitch, Super Paper Mario already changed what Paper Mario was.
>>
>>333044337
Super Paper Mario was shit. There's a reason they haven't bothered trying that formula again.
>>
I just want them to look at stuff like Splatoon and say "wow, people really will buy new things, we don't just have to slap Mario on everything for sales"

They really need to have more faith in new projects and put more advertising strength behind promising ideas. I mean, it's not like they aren't doing new stuff all the time, but they could stand to put some more weight behind them.

I also would like for the mario series to quit having its creativity held back.
>>
>>333044574

That's not the point. The series was changed.
>>
>>333044574
I still can't believe that the club nintendo reports really said that less than 1% of players found the story interesting. They need to clarify that shit. Was there another checkbox for "I liked the characters and dialogue" that went unnoticed or the voter could only choose one thing? I just don't know how someone could finish that game if not for the dialogue and story portion, because the rest of it was god-awful.
>>
Just die already.
>>
File: 1458451291630.png (273 KB, 831x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458451291630.png
273 KB, 831x1200
>>333042852
New Sunshine in a dessert themed hub.
>>
>>333044610
>They really need to have more faith in new projects and put more advertising strength behind promising ideas. I mean, it's not like they aren't doing new stuff all the time, but they could stand to put some more weight behind them.
They do all the time. Splatoon isn't some anomaly, shit just doesn't always succeed.
>>
Hardware and online infrastructure, the only good thing about them is their games.

Whoa hey... what if maybe like, they uh, just became developers and stopped trying to make gimmicky consoles? Crazy I know.
>>
>>333042852
men like me would not exist
>>
>>333044935
>Good hardware and online infrastructure
Wouldn't be a console then.
>>
>>333045168
Err, better*
>>
>>333044610
For every Splatoon, there's a Codename Steam, Chibi Robo, and a Rolling Western.

I agree with you 100%, though. I just don't think they make the most appropriate choices.

If Steam was a Wii U game with a bigger push in advertising, I bet it would have done a lot better. The game is fucking solid and they just released it to die. It's the only first party Nintendo game I've ever seen sell for $15 new. It's just disappointing. I wanted those characters in Smash. I wanted a sequel. And now I won't get either. They'll just keep pumping out New Super Mario style shit.
>>
>>333044739
Compared to Thousand Year Door, I can believe it.

The problem is that Nintendo never considered that possibility. They didn't look at Super Paper Mario compared to the previous games, and didn't think that people were complaining about the changes in the story - and instead thought that people didn't want the story at all. And to be fair, the story in SPM was fairly disappointing most of the time. The villains were some pretty interesting characters, and the Pixi ending was nice, but most of the story was a joke and just dull to run though. I'm not surprised that most people didn't care for it.

But that's because they wanted better, Nintendo. They didn't want worse.
>>
>>333044935
If you look at the hardware sales, Sony absolutely wrecked them and they lost major marketshare during the 32-bit era. They would have failed if the Wii hadn't been such a wild success, so you have to give them some merit in thinking that gimmicks were the way to go.

I really do think that they need to focus on what they do well and can sell themselves on, which is brand recognition and quality games. The market wants mobile, graphics pushing games, shooters, online, etc., and maybe they need to just marry that shit with their ideas. I know what makes them unique is that Nintendo doesn't play that same game, but at some point they need to just bite the bullet.

I think if people realized they could play their multiplats AND Zelda on the same system, they might start giving a shit.
>>
>>333045609
They need to take more risks. After SPM, they should have gone back to classic Paper Mario and done the Sticker Star gimmicks as something else.
>>
>>333044935
Gimmicks are what makes Nintendo unique from others videogames companies. Just make the gimmicks optional, not forced, like the 3D from 3DS, and the gyro controls in Splatoon.

Plus, not every gimmick is bad.
>>
>>333045396
>It's the only first party Nintendo game I've ever seen sell for $15 new.

What are Other M, Sticker Star, Wonderful 101, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Tennis Open, etc...
>>
>>333045669
>If you look at the hardware sales, Sony absolutely wrecked them

And yet Nintendo made more profit off of their consoles than Sony did.
>>
>>333046489
>Kid Icarus Uprising for 15$
>With all that extra stuff

I wanna see proof of this, preferably in retail form
>>
>>333045739
that's never really been Nintendo's way though, and hell, it's not even about risk-taking but often about idea-generating. Like with Mario Kart and Smash Bros. they looked at both games (when they were just a random kid on a kart and generic fighting dudes) and said "well what if we added Mario? how would that change it? well if mario is there then maybe donkey kong is too, and if he's there then he's eating bananas and dropping the peels on the track", that sort of thing.

I prefer when a new idea comes out but understand why they resort to existing characters too.
>>
>>333046578
this, there's a good reason that Nintendo has been around for 125+ years with only short periods of financial trouble while Sony has been selling assets left and right over the last 10 years.
>>
>>333045739
>play as a shaman wandering the land
>call up spirits from the rocks, trees, pieces of the landscape
>store the spirits in your magical jar to use in battle
>after each use the spirit escapes
>except Greater Spirits, which are much harder to find, but you can set up a contract with them so you can call them again if necessary
>no exp system because it's not YOU getting stronger, just you're using stronger spirits
>but you will need to explore, to find the HP increases and spirit-jar-increases, so you can remain competitive in battle
>story is whatever, you're just on a walkabout quest or some shit
There. Re-wrap Sticker Star, and it sounds like a much better game.

Though I really do think an RPG without EXP is kinda broken, I would have changed that if I was in charge. Or at least made battles non-escape-able. But the point is, without the expectations of Paper Mario holding it down, SS would be remembered as a quirky, average game that some people inexplicably loved and most ignored, instead of a game that is (rightfully) massively despised.
>>
At this point all I can hope for from Paper Mario series is a HD rerelease of TTYD, even though it would be mostly pointless, just so I could play a good PM game again.

although desu a Paper Mario amiibo would be pretty dope
>>
File: paper-mario-cutout[1].jpg (104 KB, 1280x890) Image search: [Google]
paper-mario-cutout[1].jpg
104 KB, 1280x890
>>333047101
here nigga make your own
>>
>Perfect world

The only thing that ever faultered to begin with was lack of third party

They need to be more upfront and supportive about it especially with hardware

I would really kek and love to see Nintendo actually deal with Acitivision on NX for Call of Duty DLC Season Passes boogaloo first

It'll show they intend to keep a strong third party

Both Sony and Microsoft each did it already so why not
>>
I want them to stop missing really obvious opportunities, time and time again. Some instances are absolutely nonsensical.

So you have the Wii U gamepad with a built-in screen and gyro controls...and you don't develop Pokemon Snap 2 (or a remake)? Younger kids would have lapped that shit up and older gamers would have bought it from being fans of the original.

You'll re-release/remake 4 Zelda titles within 5 years, but you won't remake Metroid II, despite fans calling out for it for a decade? Smash 4 could have been used to advertise it and it would have healed some of the wounds caused by Other M. Instead we got Federation Force which should have just been a new Splatoon-esque franchise.

The fact that GBA and SNES games aren't on the 3DS virtual console, but are on Wii U, is diabolical, especially given ambassadors have 10 GBA games there and ready to go.

Pursuant to the above, the rate of VC releases is once again stupidly slow. We wait years in some cases for games that were already on the Wii VC to be re-released again for Wii U/3DS.

They need to drop the "New Super Mario" brand altogether. It's depressingly stale now.

I'll be astounded if the NX is yet another under-powered piece of hardware which a developer-alienating gimmick.
>>
>>333046773
>(rightfully)
Don't start. This is Nintendo thread where OP actually wants legimate discussion, not a Paper Mario thread with shitposting and ignorance. Go make one if you want. Just remember that you will make the fanbase worse.
>>
>>333047510
damn dude did you even read my whole post? Game's only crime was being in a series that established much higher expectations than what it delivered. As such, I'd say those fans are within their rights to balk and spit when everything they loved about the series was removed.

It really is a pity, because SS added good level design (something ttyd definitely doesn't have) and I enjoyed the music. It's strange to play an RPG that doesn't want you to actually play it, but like I said, if you re-skinned it, it definitely wouldn't have caught so much flak.
>>
>>333047386
the clamor for Metroid II is so much less than the potential bucks for Zelda remakes, you have to admit. I didn't even know anybody wanted to play that game again, I've literally never seen a positive word for it on /v/.

Not saying they shouldn't do it, not I'm kinda intrigued by the idea, but Zelda remakes are easily more $$$ than a remake of the second-least-popular Metroid.

You're absolutely right about everything else, of course.
>>
I kind of wish they used just a teensy bit more manpower and higher budgets in developing games. Definitely not to the point of being bloated, but a lot of their more recent games, while still fun, don't feel very "cutting edge" as they have in the past. It feels like they're being a little bit stingy.

And of course, try new things, but in a big way. Splatoon is by far one of the best things Nintendo has done in a long time. Make something new and exciting, and really back it. Make it known as a Nintendo IP. I know they've made stuff like Dillon and S.T.E.A.M., but comparatively those seem like small fry, especially Dillon being a ten dollar eShop game.

"Taking risks" with established IP is a much greater gamble than most internet posters seem to realize. I mean, all the things you don't like about games like Sticker Star, Other M, etc, are all risks or changes in some way. It's difficult to truly predict what people want.
>>
In a perfect world, Nintendo would not have released the fucking pile of shit Nintendo 64, saw that PC gaming was the future, and helped steer gamers into a new era of great gaming that would have saved it from the bullshit that destroyed gaming in the mid-90s by giving them time to develop a proper sequel to Mario that wasn't fucking forced 3d bullshit that ruined the goddamn franchise, instead doing something like NSMB which Mario 64 was supposed to be like originally until Nintendo forced the bullshit 3d on it.

I have no idea how this fact was lost in gaming history, and is basically nowhere to be found, but as someone that was an adult and followed that shit in the 90s, I remember it fucking clearly. Citation is fucking ME, a real gamer, unfortunately a relic in this age of shit games and retarded pseudo-gamers that actual Nintendo helped create.
>>
>>333048113
To be fair, I agree. There's definitely a lot more money in Zelda, which explains it. Though perhaps not directly comparable, I think I was just trying to highlight that they've done an excessive number of Zelda remakes while ignoring the opportunity for a remake that would have been beneficial for the Metroid franchise (mostly because a lot of people missed it the first time around).
>>
File: image.png (76 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76 KB, 255x255
>>333046773

>Rightfully despised

Despised enough for a SEQUEL!

Nah I'm just fucking with you

Color Splash exists because they planned it in advance and they don't have time on the Wii U, here's to NX
>>
>>333042852
act like child services for IPs and take Dragon Quest away from Square.
>>
>>333048363

>Higher budgets in developing games

Splatoon and Kid Icarus Uprising were arguably their biggest budget games they made and for the most part they worked

3D World was also clearly made with Love, the design choice is what's making people stingy but it's a really well made game

Also NintendoLand
>>
Another F-Zero
That's it
>>
wii u is fine

they need to put out more and better games
>>
>>333042852
Wildest dreams ideally? I guess keep making simple, casual games that are appealing and easy to enjoy (Mayro Galaxy) while still having a smaller division dedicated to making niche games and continuing hardcore series.

Have hardware that makes third parties want to develop for it. Non-gamers stopped giving a shit about the Wii after a little while, so without outside support it started to decline and eventually resulted in the Wii U. Plus having games would be pretty neat in and of itself.
>>
>>333043936

I really wish you were trolling... but it seems like a lot of people have the same opinion as this which is really depressing... I wish more developers would bother to make high budget 2D/2.5D console games that go all out on the graphics/art style, instead of obsessing over 3D all the time.
>>
>quit the "6-8 garbage Mario games a year" shtick that's been going on since the Wii
>let 3rd Parties experiment more with IPs (Koei, Namco, Sega, etc.)
>no region lock
>give physical owners the same benefits as digital owners, reward them the same amount for owning a game on-disc rather than straight from a 1st-party distribution service
>either go back to memory/game cards over an HDD or increase the HDD storage space to promote digital game and DLC sales
>link every purchase to the account rather than the console, don't tell the player "tough shit" if they get their stuff stolen or their place burns down
>more new IPs, launch a "Your Dream Game" campaign to fish for ideas of what someone would like to see for a new game
>stop putting personal politics & memes in video game localizations, hire competent NoA employees and have someone monitor their actions in full straight from home base, do seasonal "company reviews" to avoid more PR disasters
>>
File: 1372453380638.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1372453380638.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>333048598
>My mfw when this post
>>
drop amiiboo, remastered shit and keep making games
>>
>>333050507

>Remastered shit

Nintendo's only really doing all these Zelda Remakes because little shits are becoming more impatient with 3D Zelda despite Nintendo always taking around 5 years each installment
>>
>>333042852
ASHLEY ASHLEY
ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>333050125
The thing is that full HD 2D games are ridiculously manpower-heavy to produce at all and fit into a relatively niche market in the modern industry.
Not to mention handheld sales are simply much higher.
>>
>>333047386
>They need to drop the "New Super Mario" brand altogether. It's depressingly stale now.
No, Nintendo would have to be fucking insane to drop NSMB, it's more successful than the 3D games to an absurd degree.
What they actually need to do is be more playful with the presentation and add some fresh game mechanics to shake things up. Literally something as little as using a plot other than "BOWSER KIDNAPPED PEACH" would make a real difference.
>>
>>333048363
With the Wii U, Nintendo ended up in a tough spot where they were forced to develop a library of HD games almost by themselves, while both playing it safe and maintaining good will. They couldn't spend too much on Wii U software because it wouldn't guarantee a return, they couldn't neglect Wii U software because they weren't willing to piss people off by dropping support.

>a lot of their more recent games, while still fun, don't feel very "cutting edge" as they have in the past. It feels like they're being a little bit stingy.
What I saw in this is that Nintendo has been rushing just to get those games (especially HD games) out the door. Splatoon was rushed, Star Fox Zero was rushed until it got delayed, they've been pushing themselves since 2014.
>>
File: Megaman implores you.jpg (14 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Megaman implores you.jpg
14 KB, 259x194
>>333042852
Friendly reminder that all the best Megaman games are on Nintendo consoles, so, as a logical step, Nintendo should buy the rights to Mega Man and make Megaman Starforce 4/ Megaman X9
>>
File: mario_stamp12.gif (134 KB, 298x270) Image search: [Google]
mario_stamp12.gif
134 KB, 298x270
>>333042852
I'm one of those people who isn't really that pissed off with them.

I struggle to think of better OVERALL publishers. With that said I have a small laundry list.

- Absolutely no region lock

- Ongoing digital library (when you buy a digital game, it carries on to your next console)
As a compromise to this, I would probably agree to a $1 Jewish transport fee per game, like when you get the NX2 and you have 20 digital games in your library you pay $20 to move all of them over. It's Jewish but I would accept that, anything over $1 per game is too much though.

-Ongoing work on their internet related stuff/accounts
I don't really care that the rewards program is kind of weak at the moment, it will develop and grow but I just want them to keep building on that, making accounts and things easier to access on other hardware like PC. So far decent job with the new changes.

-Make a "normal" controller the default and if you wanna do something fun with a peripheral, make it secondary for fucks sake. You lose nothing by doing this, this is how both Wii and Wii U should have been or at very least Wii U.

-Adding to this is more 3rd party support. I'm not one of the people who thinks they're TERRIBLE about this, the reality is that bloated AAA games like Grand Theft Auto couldn't run on Wii U hardware, they didn't alienate Take-Two, they just never catered to them.

They just need to double-down on Japanese 3rd party like Namco, Capcom and Squenix. I'm eager to see what happenes going forward.
>>
>>333050642
Plus they can get teenage faggots who never played the games at launch to buy the game all over again

Seriously, I swear the entire market for OoT3D was edgy 12 year olds who wanted to pretend they were alive in 1998 and playing that game when it came out

TPHD and MM3D had the same deal
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.