[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post boss fights in video games with a ridiculous/retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1350x1003) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1350x1003
ITT: Post boss fights in video games with a ridiculous/retarded concept behind them, for better or worse

Pic related, the idea of a moonhopper shark bouncing on you is ridiculous compared to the rest of the cast
>>
sharkfrog is the best one in 4.
congalala will always be the most ridiculous monster in MH
>>
I can't stand the sand shark thing in MH4, can't think of its name right now but it's a massive faggot.

Can't wait for Generations so that we can fight some of my favorite MH3 guys again at Deserted Island
>>
Any boss fight in any metal gear solid game
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
Why the fuck would a monster's heart-things have defensive capabilities?
>>
>>333039240
Vanilla Zamtrios is alright, at least he insists on fighting normally and not staying in Dobson inflation mode for the whole entire fight like Tigerstripe Zamtrios.

Congalala is just 'there' like with Lagombi. Seltas Queen at least has a less retarded means of inflicting stench
>>
>>333038917
THICK
>>
>>333038917
How is C4 for arms dino any better than this? Or japanese samurai electric chinese dragon?

It's a fantasy game who cares as long as it looks rad as fuck.
>>
File: Courtney_Gearsds.png (260 KB, 516x471) Image search: [Google]
Courtney_Gearsds.png
260 KB, 516x471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJU1XSQKiLI

This right here.
It was actually fucking amazing but so god damn out there and weird.

>that part in Gladiator where Big Al is dancing to it when Ratchet walks in
>>
personally i found the spinning mountain flail bull and qt female bubbles dragon sillier
>>
File: Boss_spiderguardian3.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Boss_spiderguardian3.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Not too many bosses fought entirely in morph ball mode. Kinda clever in its own way.
>>
>>333040106
I think inflation shark is just silly even for the fantasy/anime setting, it's a variant of a shark with legs that wants to be a moonhopper. It's an even worse fight that also guts out parts of the original's moveset just to bounce and roll some more.

Bomb boxer is somewhat clever at least and for most is usually a good fight

>>333040465
For some reason many seem to have serious problems with beating the Spider Guardian
>>
>>333041502
>>333040465

It took me 4 or 5 tries to beat Spider Guardian in Prime I couldn't dodge for shit when fighting him

Also didn't MP Echos also have a boss that you had to fight in morph ball mode? I vaguely remember but it was a boss you had to fight on the walls towards the final area of the game
>>
>>333041748
Spider Guardian is Echoes m8

There is a mini-boss where you use looping spider rails to boost between either side and hit various components.

Power Bomb Guardian is the last 'guardian' and it's basically using the spider rails to get to four different bomb slots as it shits down power bombs on you.

Quadraxis also uses some spider rails at the last stage of the fight, you use them to catapult Samus onto the magnetic pads on top of its head and bomb the shit out of it.
>>
File: froghopper.png (3 KB, 316x63) Image search: [Google]
froghopper.png
3 KB, 316x63
OP is just a large version of this thing, right?
>>
>>333042457
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Hlrap5trM

Cut to the five minute mark.
>>
>>333043657
So yes
>>
>>333038917
I shred this nigga with LS.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.