[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not only did they make a shitty game to cash in on their kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (204 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
file.png
204 KB, 616x353
Not only did they make a shitty game to cash in on their kids death, they made a god damn documentary as well.
The can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>pay me 5 dollars to let me thank you for paying me 15 dollars
What the fuck?
>>
>>333035250
Yeah, we need to show those nasty LP trolls! :^)
>>
I pirated the actual game. Be thankful it turns out to be christian propaganda or otherwise the game bloggers would be shoving it the fuck down your throat more than even Gone Home. It has everything they love: it is pretentious and not a game.
>>
>>333034934
>cash in on their kids death

Fuck off, retard
>>
>>333035723
Am i wrong? or did i just your fee fees?
>>
>>333035819

>Am i wrong?

Yes, you juvenile shit. Seeing as they made no profit at all, it's not cashing in. They clearly said this was a labor of love and the sales and kickstarter money was just to cover the costs of production.

So unless you're so insanely contrarian and believe Hemingway shouldn't have profited from his experiences in WW1 in writing A Farewell to Arms and that no one at all should ever make a dime off of any event that caused injury or loss of life, you have not a single leg to stand on.

So take your feigned attempted at self-righteousness and stick up your ass.
>>
>>333036949
and then I read the article about how they were crying that they haven't profited a penny from the game yet.
>>
>>333034934
they totally didn't exploit the criticism aimed at them for free publicity, too :^)
>>
>>333036949

Go easy on him, anon. He's clearly a kid just trying to kill time on a Sunday by trying to fit in on 4chan.
>>
>>333036949
if they loved their son they would have made a game that was fun
>>
>>333037093
He should be getting ready for church, not shitposting.
>>
>>333037013

Stop being purposely obtuse. They were complaining that people uploaded the full no commentary "game" to YouTube. They flagged the soundtracks for those games so the guy who they contracted to make the music for the game would get some money because their game wasn't.

They even quickly removed the flags anyway, so fuck off. This shit is getting just as bad as SJW's getting into a massive offended circlejerk over every little microaggression.
>>
>>333036949
>Seeing as they made no profit at all, it's not cashing in.
Yea, but they certainly intended to. And it was clearly their primary intent.
>>
>>333037316
I did enjoy that more than I thought I would
>>
>>333036949

>Cover the costs of production
>Selling on Steam
>For $15

lel
You could cover the cost of production releasing on YouTube and getting a few million views, tah.
Oh wait, what exactly is the cost of production? Engine licensing? Film canisters? Oh wait salaries, duh. So profit then.
>>
>>333037316
That movie was way too depressing for me, wouldn't watch it again. Still a great movie though.
>>
>>333036949
well that can't be right since they "have yet to recover their development funds for the game." i guess the ouya and kickstarter funding wasn't for the game huh?
>>
>>333034934
>The can't keep getting away with it!
his child didn't
>>
File: 680712.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
680712.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
It was their child, they owned him
>>
I don't see what's so wrong about taking money from stupid people
>>
>>333034934
>fat nu-male kid
Kid was doomed from the start
>>
>>333038615
Don't talk about his wife's dead son like that.
>>
>>333036949
>comparing hemingway to this shit

wew lad
>>
>>333038994
>missing the point
>wew lad
Retard
>>
>>333038994
Agreed, Hemingway was an overrated hack, this game is emotional art.
>>
>>333037316
no thank you they look ugly to me
>>
>>333036949
>They clearly said this was a labor of love
Then they complain about not making money and took down youtube videos of it.

If it was truly a labor of love, they would be happy that as many people as possible saw it, even if it was on youtube.
>>
>>333040097

See

>>333037226
>>
>>333040196
>They were complaining that people uploaded the full no commentary "game" to YouTube
And why would they do that?

If it was a "labor of love" artistic vision thing, wouldn't you want your game to not have some memesprouter talking over it?

The only reason to complain about it is money. The only one being "purposely obtuse" is you.
>>
>>333040456

You're either being purposely obtuse or cannot read. Here, let me repost the relevant part for you

>"They flagged the soundtracks for those games so the guy who they contracted to make the music for the game would get some money because their game wasn't."

They wanted the composer to be rewarded for his work; they weren't personally pocketing it.

>"They even quickly removed the flags anyway, so fuck off."

The flags were only there for a short time and removed, thus it's a moot point anyway.
>>
File: heart-300x300.png (118 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
heart-300x300.png
118 KB, 300x300
This game is the equivalent of pic related.
>>
>>333040604
You're either being purposely obtuse or cannot read. Here, let me repost the relevant part for you

>they're complaining about money on a game they said they didn't want to profit off of
>>
>>333039396
Fucking weeb.
>>
>>333040702

>leaving out that they did it for their composer's benefit then rather than their own

1/10. Made me reply.
>>
>complaining they're not profiting off their sons death

im streaming this in 10 youtubes right now and theres nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>333040861
are you trying to get me to believe they didn't pay their composer?

so why is the composer not complaining instead of them? oh right, its a bullshit story
>>
>>333035819
Everything about this post makes me want you to die. I don't even feel the way about war criminals I feel about you right now.

I hate you so much I think I need to sit down.
>>
>>333034934
>cash in on their kids death

Why is it everytime someone makes something and monetizes it, people automatically think it invalidates the message?

I have no intention of playing this game, it looks gay as fuck but there is nothing to indicate they didn't love their son, don't miss him and don't genuinely want to spread awareness.
>>
>>333040973

I was joking upthread that you were underage, but it seems it was no joke.

So I'll educate you. In many start-up and small projects from vidya, to film, to tech firms, and everything in between, the company does not have to capital to pay for professional services and in exchange will typically offer a percentage of profits or an equity stake.

In all likelihood, this composer did work at a far lower rate than he could have at a major game and would receive a % of proceeds of the game.
>>
>>333041451
>Why is it everytime someone makes something and monetizes it, people automatically think it invalidates the message?

Because /v/ is full of edgy contrarians and literal kiddos. I literally cannot find any other place crying about "cashing in" on their kid's death.
>>
>>333041451
>genuinely want to spread awareness
If this were the case then they would be happy with the exposure it's getting on youtube.
>>
>>333041604
bills don't pay themselves retard. You can't expect them to work for free. If they want to monetize it, fine. If people want to buy it, fine, but that doesn't mean their sole motive is money.
>>
>>333041604

There's nothing unreasonable about getting pissy when someone uploads your full game/movie/etc onto YouTube with no commentary and makes ad money off of it when you make nothing.
>>
>>333041684
this. /v/ expects godlike patience of everyone when they can't even step back for 3 seconds and evaluate a situation.
>>
>>333041671
>but that doesn't mean their sole motive is money.
No, but when someone implicitly states that they aren't making enough money, one starts to put the dots together.
>There's nothing unreasonable about getting pissy when someone uploads your full game/movie/etc onto YouTube with no commentary and makes ad money off of it when you make nothing.
Then they should have put the youtube footage up first then, shouldn't they. Or better yet, do an animation instead of a game, cut out the middleman so to speak.
>>
>>333039173
Don't get mad that you can't form a half decent argument without looking like an exaggerating sperg.
>>
>Fat nu-male cuck makes a shitty indie movie on steam to profit off his kids death shamelessly

Captures 2015-2016 perfectly in spirit. Throw this shit in a time capsule for future generations
>>
friendly reminder:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/that-dragon-cancer/test/that_dragon_cancer,51930,3242114.html

>Joel ist nicht zu sehen, aber Jenn hört ihn. Joel schreit vor Schmerz, er schlägt seinen Kopf gegen die Gitter der Krippe.
>Es sind seine echten Schreie, die sein Vater aufgenommen hat.

>"Joel is nowhere to be found but Jenn hears him. Joel is screaming in pain, he's banging his head against the bars of the crib. They're his real screams that his father recorded."

>They're his real screams that his father recorded.
>>
>>333042026
>they aren't making enough money
just because motives are altruistic doesn't mean things are free anon.

>they should of put the youtube footage up first then, shouldn't they

it doesn't matter, putting someones product up unedited, in its entirety within expressed consent and monetizing it is copyright infringement

also>>333041943

im sure you would approach the exploitation of something that was supposed to be an altruistic act depicting your family's somber situation with total patience and tact.
>>
>>333042632
without* expressed consent
>>
>>333040648
>enemy_boss.jpg
>>
>>333042632
>just because motives are altruistic doesn't mean things are free anon.
If their motives were altruistic then exposure would be there goal, any monetary gain would be secondary. And usually in cases like this the creator would ask for a donation for a charity. Not for themselves.

>im sure you would approach the exploitation of something that was supposed to be an altruistic act depicting your family's somber situation with total patience and tact.
You know that doesn't even relate to what we're talking about. Please try to stay on topic here.
>>
>>333043061
Their goal*
>>
>>333042625
Couldn't even wait for it to be dead before they started smelling those steam bucks.
>>
>>333041684
If someone can upload the entirety of your game content in a youtube video, then the gameplay options must be severely limited. Not to mention longplays aren't a new thing, generally exposure of any sort is a good thing for games. But it's easier to blame outside sources for your problems than to look at the real reasons why no one is buying your product.
>>
>>333041523
Except the dev whined about not making any money off it because no one bought it you absolute moron, fuck off from v you wannabe """""adult""""" shit, you're worse than any "kiddos"
>>
File: image.png (88 KB, 191x191) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88 KB, 191x191
>>333040865
Goodlord I can't even begin to imagine what that must sound like
>*whipcrack* TOPATHAMORNINTOYALADIESANDGENTLEMENH-H-HOWSITGOINGBROSMAHNAMEIS PEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDIEPIEEEEEYOWHATISUPYOUTUBEWELCOMEBACK!HELLOEVERYBODYMYNAMEISMARKIPLIEROHMYGWADTHISGAMEISSODEEPILITERALLYCANTROGHTNOWBROFISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHSTOPOPPRESINGMECISSCUMOYVEYTHANKSFORTHECANCERBUCKSGOYIMSEEYOUNEXTTIMEBYEEEEE
>>
>>333041671
>bills don't pay themselves retard.

Then get a fucking job. Don't cash in on people's sympathy and use some of the free time you have to spread your message.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.