[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oracle of Seasons or Ages?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1372130034794.jpg (134 KB, 800x707) Image search: [Google]
1372130034794.jpg
134 KB, 800x707
Oracle of Seasons or Ages?
>>
Seasons
>>
Ages first, then seasons. It's one game but this way you play the better half last.
>>
i fucking hate this bird
with his taverns and shit
>>
Seasons>Ages
So start with Ages so the game only gets better from there on.
Also Din>Nayru

Seasons: 4 season (4 world maps)
Ages: 2 time zones (2 world maps)
>>
>>333034096
Ages is less interesting generally, and seasons is more dynamic. That said weapons in one of the two have upgrades that arent present in another that will annoy you to no end, like the Hookshot
>>
which one had the sexy tree girl that wanted to fuck you
>>
>>333034096

You're supposed to play both.

But play Seasons first, because if you play Ages first a map tile becomes inaccessible. If you're anything resembling a completionist it'll piss you off.

Also Ages is the harder game, or at least it was for me.
>>
>>333035131
The seasonal maps are less varied than the time maps. I don't consider Holodrum to be four maps. However, the Holodrum map is much larger than Labrynna.
>>
Different person, but is the Minish Cap worth playing? I love 2D Zeldas and the Oracle games plus MC have been on my radar for a while.

Any other easily emulated Zelda games worth doing?

Also 2D > 3D.
>>
>>333035335

Oracle games don't have a hookshot though, there's a switch hook but that's Ages only.
>>
>>333035746

Personally I liked MC a lot. Just be warned that you might have trouble with 100% completion if you don't find all the kinstones. In fact I think some of them are permanently missable.
>>
>>333035746
It is, I'd say irs right below the ages and awakening games in my opinion. Then the other 2d games. Gonna get flak for thst probably but I just don't think the other 2d games are good. Probably played them far too late.
>>
>>333035962
Only if you finish the last dungeon I believe.
>>
Ages is far better
>>
>>333034096
you need both tho for the passwords
>>
>>333036774
Readily available online
>>
>>333036831
>cheating
>>
>>333035746
It's probably my favourite 2D Zelda, tied with LA.
The game gets a lot of shit for its relative brevity, but it has some breathtaking pre-rendered backgrounds and the most fluid, emotive animations in the series.
>>
>>333034096
both you baka.
>>
>>333035131
You Have the under sea map to account for too.
>>
>>333034096
Flip a coin nigga. It doesn't really matter which one you start with, what matters is that you play the other one as a linked game after you finish the first.
>>
>>333035131
>Also Din>Nayru
>>
Ages has better settings. Seasons has better dungeons. Play both.
>>
>>333034096
Why don't you play: Ages -> Seasons -> Link's Awakening (even though you already played it?)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.