[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on this game, /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: the culling.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the culling.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
Redpill me on this game, /v/
>>
Battle Royale: Another One.
>>
>>333030921
Is it only 2 player co-op or can 8 or so friends join in the same server
>>
it's just another "early access survival" game that will never get out of alpha
>>
>>333031015
It's not really co-op, it's PvP with teams of 2 or solo. You can all join the same server but you're not all going to be on the same team.
>>
>>333030780
No way in fuck am I getting into any multiplayer online game whose players use the term "redpill".
>>
>>333031206
ebin
>>
Was pretty good

Now the combat is absolutely shit, even worse than before and the servers suck ass.
>>
>>333030921
There's a grand total of like one other actual standalone battle royale game kid.
>>
>it's fun
>plenty of strategies
>combat is not that good
>katana
>everytime you die you get clothes that you can sell on Steam for easy money
>awesome fun with friend
>KATANA
>>
>>333031352
But it's been done before as modes, a lot.
>>
is this basically hunger games:the game?
>>
Flavor of the month Twitch bait. The combat system is ass.
>>
>>333031260
Nah, I'm not even joking. This shit looks like the ultimate in fps bro garbage. At least some of the other survival games are redeemable because they're trying to do something new or interesting. This trash is for people dumb enough to be susceptible to AAA marketing campaigns.
>>
>>333031432
As mods a few times

Rust has one
Arma 3 has one
And h1z1 did, which is now sort of standalone

That's all I can think of
>>
>>333031352
Whoop-dee-doo Basil, it has one gimmick which other games have done but that's all it does. 10/10, great game.
>>
>>333031553
One gimmick? What are you even talking about? You mean the entire premise of the game? The game mode?

Battle royale is a gimmick?

Read my posts, I'm not saying it's 10/10. I have had fun with it but the melee combat, especially right now, is fucking atrocious.
>>
File: Quake box art.jpg (123 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
Quake box art.jpg
123 KB, 500x638
>>333031680
Oh, wow - it's sure to win an award for Most Innovative Game of 1996
>>
>>333031514
WarZ
DayZ (events)
Arma 2
OFP
Ark
Every Wrestling game ever
Anarchy Riegns

Anything with a Last Man Standing mode is the same premise, the only thing that differs is gameplay but the core objective is the same, be the last man standing.
>>
>>333031980
What are you even trying to say at this point? Do you even know what you're trying to argue or do you just have a collection of "patrician" ideas in your head that you're trying to display to look cool to all the anonymous users here?
>>
>>333032079
Ark is the only one in your list that counts, unless I'm mistaken warz didn't have br, neither does dayz, and I didn't think arma 2 did.

Ark has survival of the fittest which is now a separate f2p game.

>comparing wrestling to this

Please don't be stupid, everyone has a good idea of what is meant by battle royale thanks to battle royale and hunger games.
>>
>>333032092
You just described the /v/.
>Bu- but /v/ isn't one person
Yes, you to partake in the faggotry.
>>
>>333032193
>unless I'm mistaken warz didn't have br
It does.

>neither does dayz
Survivor Games.

>and I didn't think arma 2 did
Where do you think the Arma 3 mod came from?

>comparing wrestling to this
It's literally called Battle Royale.
>>
>>333032092
I bet you were a die-hard DayZ supporter a couple of years ago, weren't you? Have you learned nothing from our making fun of your bro-tier taste in shitty cashgrabs?
>>
>>333032193
>In professional wrestling, a battle royal (sometimes battle royale; plural battles royal or battle royals) is a multi-competitor match type in which wrestlers are eliminated until one is left and declared winner.
Sounds like the same shit to me broseph. A lot enter, one wins.
>>
>>333032406
Where talking about battle royale in the context of the book and hunger games clearly since what op posted. Wrestling isn't remotely similar anymore than search and destroy from cod is because the last man standing can end up being the winner.

Is the survivor thing on dayz fairly new? I'm about to google that, I have never heard of it. And warz was such trash I never really followed it, and everyone dropped that shit anyway.

Regardless, my original point to the one poster was there had been essentially no actual standalone battle royale games and that point still stands.
>>
>>333032446
No. I played it when it was an arma 2 mod and waited forever for it to become good with the standalone but I have yet to buy it since it seems to be dropped.
>>
>>333030780
Is very good, you should buy game, very fun
>>
>>333032656
I'm gonna give you some advice, just don't argue with them, they are just baiting you. They know exactly what the fuck they are doing.
>>
>>333032656
Apparently it's taking them so long because they've been focusing entirely on the new engine, it's meant to be getting a massive update this month with choppers and shit. Not likely though, the team have lost all direction since Dean left.
>>
>>333031290
>Now the combat is absolutely shit
Why?
>>
>>333032895
They were also gonna release it on the alpha preview program for xbox one, but last december.
Anyone having any hope for this game needs to give up. The devs don't give a shit.
>>
>early access survival game
Into le bin.jpg
>>
>>333032975
They have patched some things in to try and "fix" it and have made it worse. It feels even less responsive than before, there is no way seemingly to properly time shoves and blocks, whether something connects often seems random. The combat and movement in general feels even more weightless and floaty than before (didn't think it was possible).

There is practically NO feedback when you hit someone, they did add a hit marker which helps but it's not extremely satisfying brutal combat or anything.

I'm not sure if the main issues are just server related or what but it is shit. Melee encounters don't really make me feel like I'm using my skill to fight and challenge someone, more often than not when I lose I feel like it wasn't because I got out played but because the game is unresponsive and the combat terrible.
>>
>>333032975
A patch came out that has players more butt blasted because they applied weapon speeds this patch that sorta balanced the weapons so you can just spam and win. The devs actually do care but this is /v/ so I'm shilling at this point.
>>
>>333033185
They also removed player friction, but they added it back in like a day ago.
>>
>>333033110
its a pvp game with a battle royale theme, not really your standard survival game that you see on steam, but its still pretty trash
>>
>>333032895
Lol wat? The team of professional developers lost all direction after a guy with no experience left? His only videogame job prior DayZ was being an associate producer on mobile games for 2 years and he was fired for being unprofessional.
He himself admitted that he isn't good as a project lead for a big team and it's not something he wants to do. He didn't even have a road map for the first year.
>>
>>333033038
I don't know why anyone would want to play DayZ on a console, surely autoaim would break the game and how the fuck are people meant to see pixel sized enemies when playing on a TV and sitting on a sofa on the other side of the room?
>>
>>333033145
combat is fucking joke sometimes
I remember when dude with crafted knife assaulted me and my friend(we both had ice picks) and killed us without any problem. We couldn't block any of his hits.
>>
>>333033145
>>333033185
Yeah I bought it a few days ago, so this would be after the changes so I was unsure what had changed. My only complaint with the game is just the damage system in general. It just gets weird hitting a guy 20 times with a machete. I feel combat could be a bit more lethal, the only time it gets to that is when a gun is involved.
>>
>>333033358

>professional
kek

That said I'm not sure about that considering what Dean is up to with ION but at least A) he's not the boss and B) he's basically explaining SS13 greentext stories to people who make fucking operating systems instead of games to make a game.
>>
It's open world indie survival MMO
>>
>>333033420
If you don't see the enemy, then he doesn't see you either. Logic.
And there's plenty of multiplayer shooters on consoles. Who would want to play them? People who don't have a pc.
>>
>>333033420
Yeah i dunno how it would work. I'd try it out though, but if autoaim was actually a thing, fuck that.
Plus my tv is big enough that i see just as well as being in front of a monitor, anyone who cant see only got themselves to blame.
I say all this but seriously doubt it will ever be on xbox, even then probably wont be playable
>>
Flavor of the month cash in with the added bonus that the devs make at least one shill thread about it here per day. Having watched footage of it the best comparison I can make is to WarZ; an obvious, mediocre cash in to a growing trend which works better as an ArmA mod.

I look forward to the game dying out so I never have to see its retarded name ever again.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 500x370
>>333034573
>having watched footage of it...
>>
>>333034907
>how can you say it's shit!? You haven't even tasted it yet!
1) if only people who played the game were in this thread, it would be empty
2) why would I pay for someone to fart in my mouth
>>
I watched a few streams and it looks like just another cash in attempt at the battle royale/survival fad. Everything about it looks cheesy especially the graphics.

If you're desperate for something along these lines I'd suggest getting better taste in games and playing something else. If you insist on having to play a battle royale style game then H1Z1 would be your best bet, even something like Arma 3 provides you with battle royale AND a pile of other mods and modes to play.
>>
>>333035938
>I'd suggest getting better taste in games

/thread
>>
>>333031481
This. People already started playing less and less of it. Small player count per match, melee combat is tedious and guns rule the battlefield too fast. Needs a much larger map with more players. Its insane that in a 20m match of Culling, 5 kills is an impressive amount.
>>
>>333030780

>Spawn in a box so you can't see where you are
>As soon as you start, everyone knows EXACTLY where they are due to small sphere shaped map and fixed features like specific buildings

Memorise the number of container spawns in a building and you get the most lottery tickets if you spawned near the largest amount, gg.
>>
>>333035938
>H1Z1
>better taste in video games

Opinion discarded.
>>
I bought the culling a few weeks ago and during that time I was playing it back to back nonstop every night and it was extreme fun to play. Ever since the 03/30 patch and also the 04/01 hotfix patch. I don't have that excitement and the game feels not only bland but slow. For such a fast action pack game to be slowed down is the number one thing I don't want in a game. I took my first break from the culling after the 03/30 patch and again after the hotfix being disappointed. I feel like the DEVs are going in the wrong direction with this game.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.