[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: hacking faggot.png (534 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hacking faggot.png
534 KB, 1366x768
Why is the FPS genre the only genre that has a huge hacker infestation?
>>
>>333027061
it's popular and is generally multiplayer these days
>>
>>333027061
It's the easiest to cheat at. A simple script that snaps your cross hairs to any enemy head that comes on screen is really simple
>>
The cheats are the most effective and the easiest to write. If I map hack against a pro Starcraft player I'll get blown out, if I aimbot/wall hack against a pro CS player I'll easily win.
>>
>>333027061
I have no idea about hacking, but I remember reading a long time ago about some differences between TCP/IP and UDP protocols when it came to the ease to using exploits. IIRC:

TCP/IP
>secure
>slow(er)
>can be used in turn-based games and games with focus on giving commands rather direct action like RTS and MOBAs

UDP
>unreliable
>fast(er)
>has to be used in real time action games, like shooters, rancing games, etc

Because FPS use UDP they are much easier to hack.

This might all be completely wrong though.
>>
>>333027061
Easiest to write hacks for I'm pretty sure
>>
>>333027602
I think almost everyone had maphacks for SC1

I don't think people even got banned for it, I sure as hell used that shit constantly
>>
File: rageez.jpg (51 KB, 495x524) Image search: [Google]
rageez.jpg
51 KB, 495x524
so this just got released yesterday, should i try it ?
>>
it's acceptable to hack rng games like CS:GO cause you are just reducing the grind

you should never hack skill based FPS though like quake or battlefield
>>
File: 1447922886973.png (358 KB, 414x636) Image search: [Google]
1447922886973.png
358 KB, 414x636
I feel bad for cheaters.

You know their problem is rooted in some kind of abuse during their childhood.
>>
>>333029489

*tips fedora*

i am in agreement, we must oust these ruffians and put them to sword
>>
>>333029478
All of the games you mentioned have rng
>>
CS GO is cheap, extremely popular and it runs on toasters.
>>
File: 4632.png (52 KB, 807x595) Image search: [Google]
4632.png
52 KB, 807x595
>>333029286
>using publick or paid hacks.
Asking to get that ass banned.

Code your own or have a bro that codes make one for you. (if your bro has good knowledge about VAC and the source engine)
>>
>>333029286
>not making your own hack
Enjoy your VACation when the next ban wave hits , bro.
>>
>>333028646
>PC gaming
>>
File: joLFy[1].jpg (17 KB, 282x277) Image search: [Google]
joLFy[1].jpg
17 KB, 282x277
>>333028194

Most hacks don't hook into packets at all.

They hook into memory and read all the enemy postitions, health and player data. Then it hooks into the DirectX or GDI and re-draws the enemies with no z-buffer meaning they are in the foreground. The coloured chams are there to just make models more obvious.

By applying 3D maths on the vector co-ordinates of other players you can compare positions etc to make sure your angles point at someones head, as well as figuring out how far away people are.
>>
>>333029750
A CSGO key is much cheaper than learning several languages and VAC and source engine.
>>
>>333028194
No one hacks the packets directly. Much simpler to hack the game. Also almost no good game uses TCP. TCP's failing is it's not just slower, it can be massively slower. It wasn't designed for real time but for ordered packet delivery *no matter the time it takes*. It's not secure either, instead it's reliable, which is not quite the same thing. It's still easy to hack TCP packets.
>>
File: 2016-02-14_00002.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_00002.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
>>333029773
My nigga.

Valve are faggots for fixing achievement spam and killing namestealing.

>Raping aimware faggots with p100 hacks.
good shit.

Aint even need ainti aim shit to 1tap those nigs.
>>
>>333029896
Ah, I see. If I understood correctly everything is done locally, right? How can hacks be detected then?
>>
File: 1435450577563.jpg (9 KB, 349x306) Image search: [Google]
1435450577563.jpg
9 KB, 349x306
>>333029773
>>333029750

im not fucked to test memory edits for months

>make your own

wtf were you thinking when you posted ? nobody uses DIY hacks that's just retarded
>>
>>333030183
>Nobody uses DIY hacks.
Nigga, you are so wrong...

My homeboy codes his own shit and uses it.
and it stomps any shitty payhack out there.
>>
why are there so many hackers in csgo lately ?
>>
>>333030316
your homeboy doesn't code or stomp anything
>>
>>333028194
Security has nothing to do with transport protocols, both protocols are equally "insecure". TCP just grants packet delivery.
>>
>>333030336
Because the game has been ruined for pretty much ever.
The only difference now is that people are getting pissed off at how broken and annoying the game is to play and are starting to contribute to the shitty broken ecosystem that is CS:GO.
It's like a never ending cycle that only ends in the game getting progressively shittier with smurfs popping up in silver 2 and shit and people hacking in mg upward.
>>
File: 1398735867919.gif (475 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1398735867919.gif
475 KB, 206x196
>>333030439
He does.
nerd.
>>
>>333030146

Octrees used properly for one, but that requires either editor scripting hard work or map makers to make their maps properly, so that only those you can see can actually be seen, everyone else isn't even included on the client's end.

Physicalised players help too (which helps with TPSes as well): Imagine a game like WoT where you have to wait for the turret to turn before you can fire. That but with player physics. Doesn't matter about snapping, mechanics make it so hacks cannot guarantee a shot in particular. You can detect when physics doesn't allow something like snapping under such circumstances and autoban that fucker.

The problem is these bring performance down, but if you get Vulkan + CPGPU servers and Vulkan for clients, you can suddenly see this impact for verification and accuracy become almost nothing, if not actually nothing at all. The only bottleneck then would be network bandwidth but again, compression will become even more viable with hyperthreading.
>>
>>333030336
because you have skimmed through the thread and believed everything everyone has posted, looked at your own skill and come to the conclusion it's not you it's everybody else
>>
>>333030146

Anti-Cheats work by trying to protect the memory of certain modules (usually .dll) from being rewritten by unknown files during runtime. Basically says, "some strange program is trying to write its own code in our game!" and bans you.
>>
As someone who used a bot in FFXIV I can safely say no.
>>
>>333030669
Most anti-cheats nowadays function on a bit more complex system checking a ton of different things but in essence they do just as you said, check for changes in memory relating to the program.
>>
>>333030669
anti cheats also scan entire memory of your system to detect known signature - so if you use some program that only READ csgo memory, and then draw in it's own window, you can still ban them
>>
>>333030669
>>333030783
Then how is it cheats can evade cheat detection?
>>
>>333031031
They usually run in the kernel space where the usermode application CSGO and VAC don't have access to the memory.
That and the process will inject itself into applications like notepad or internet explorer to hide its hash.
>>
File: hCVZOuK4[1].png (321 KB, 681x681) Image search: [Google]
hCVZOuK4[1].png
321 KB, 681x681
Lets be honest, it was worth leaving your computer on all day for this.

Your highlights included:

>Firemarking at the GE
>Rune essence as it was unlimited
>Watching an entire horde of bots rush to a tree with you
>Mining ore to sell at the GE
>>
>>333030558

>Vulkan + CPGPU

I am getting hella fucking exciting just thinking about it, so I'm going to vent:

DX11:
Geo - Raster/Render (visuals done) - Input - Logic - Physics - AI (non-visual gameplay done) Network Packing - Network processing (multiplayer done) (frame complete)

Vulkan:
Physics - WAIT(AI, Network processing, Logic) - repeat
Get Physics - Geo - WAIT(AI, Network processing) - repeat
AI - WAIT(Logic, Network processing) - repeat
Get Logic - Get Physics - Network Packing - Network Processing - repeat [NO WAITING]
Get physics - get AI - get input - Logic - repeat [NO WAITING]
Get geo - Raster - repeat
Get raster - render - repeat [NO WAITING FOR FRAME COMPLETION TO RASTER AGAIN - BIG RENDER LOOP COST ON A SINGLE, ISOLATED THREAD] (but may have memory issues if buffer not big enough to store more frames - 3+ frame buffering)

So memory management is why DX12 games or games just ported are doing as shit as they are - if there's better memory standards and more to go around, as well as engineers get their shit together, it's going to get HUGE with DX12/Vulkan (interchangeable unless you love slobbering MS cock)
>>
>>333027061
I would actually like to have no hands since it reminds me of timesplitters
>>
File: feminist detector.gif (433 KB, 319x230) Image search: [Google]
feminist detector.gif
433 KB, 319x230
>>333027061

Because of the requirements of the genre.
An FPS requires your reactions to be good, above anything else. You could be the biggest shitter in the world, but if you were able to instantly put your crosshair on somebody's head and click mouse 1 before he does, you're going to win the fight 10 out of 10 times.

It doesn't work like that for things like Hearthstone for instance, since your neither you nor the client doesn't have the necessary information about the opponent's deck to make 100% accurate decisions.

It does work to an extent in strategy games and mobas, since decision making is only one aspect of being good, while certain game mechanical components like build execution for RTS or reactions when aiming/executing abilities in mobas come into play.

TL;DR, the more a game relies on something a computer can do better and faster, the more likely it is to have cheaters who let their computer do just that by the use of scripts, hacks etc.
>>
Different versions of GTA Online are far worse.
>>
>>333032269
>Finish Heist setup or finale in GTA: Online
>See a bunch of cars exploding outside of the gathering point after the mission
>Man flying around in a Semi-Truck
>Invincibility wears off
>immediately blow up losing 11K on replacing my car
>respawn with no weapons
>8 year old kid screaming over the mic
>is level 8000
>Crashes everyone out of the server
>welp I didn't feel like playing GTA today
>>
File: 1456126455251.jpg (899 KB, 1680x2052) Image search: [Google]
1456126455251.jpg
899 KB, 1680x2052
>>333027061
Had a hacker friend back in the first Black ops.
He made everything fun because unlike most hackers who only use hacks that effect himself/his team, his hacks effected EVERYONE. Most of the time it was: both teams have infinite ammo, Moonjump (Falldamage included) and Superspeed. It was seriously the most fun I've ever had.

I'm sure he had some wallhacks and aimbots but I never noticed him use it, he was always pretty low on the scoreboard.
>>
>>333030336
skins
>>
File: 1449766070583.jpg (442 KB, 1024x1498) Image search: [Google]
1449766070583.jpg
442 KB, 1024x1498
>>333027061
pretty much every single online game depending on imediate skill is filled with cheating subhuman trash.
but the question should be: why do those pathetic mongloids cheat?
why would someone buy/download a game and say "fuck it, playing videogames is boring... but i don't want to stop though" and just let a fucking bot do all the work for them?
>>
>>333033026
Mostly because they don't care about the game.

It's the same reason why sports players use steroids, they want to win and they'll take any advantage they can get.
They don't want to be good at the game, they don't want to have fun, they just want to win, because winning is fun for them, even if they know they were guaranteed to win.
>>
>>333033590
Sports players do take steroids to win, but that's because that's their career. It's the difference between flipping burgers or making millions while playing with a ball. Casual video game players, though...
>>
>>333033590
and sports you get prizes if you win
at videogames there's nothing else to have but fun and if you aren't having any i seriously doubt that winning will make it different

because if i never cheated at online games, i did it a few times for sp games; and all i have to say is that i stopped playing them a few hours after doing so because it gets so boring that it isn't funny anymore
>>
>>333032767
That does sound like fun. Funny how changing the game in some non-standard way makes it better.

In America's Army you could give everyone RPGs only, or pistols only. I enjoyed those rounds the most.
>>
>>333033590
>>333033860
>>333033923
You should see the shitfits the cheaters threw when they got permabanned from rust.

The dev got a program that allows him to check up on any suspicious player and see what they see.

It's especially hilarious when the stupid fucking retards outright lie to him when they appeal to their ban and the dev pops ip, posts a screencap of their screen showing all their hacks at work and tells him to fuck off.

Fuck hackers, self-absorbed untalented pathetic, spineless little shits.
>>
>>333033923
I only mess around with cheats after doing everything in a game. Once you see under the hood any game loses its charm
>>
>>333034851
You me can take screenshots of your screen? Is that legal?
>>
>>333037027
*mean
>>
>>333027061
>Full of kids that probably get bullied in real life and want to be amazing cool guys online but don't have the skills to back it up
>Easy, requires no coding knowledge, just run a script
>Hard to get caught unless you're retarded and make it very obvious

It's pretty sad really, that you can enter a CS:GO match and get accused of wallhacking just because you're actually decent at the game.
>>
>>333029882
>FPS on console
Definitely gonna need hacks kiddo.
>>
>>333037027
Yes, old punkbuster did it too
>>
>>333028194
>TCP
>secure
nah
>>
>>333037304
the ratio of people cheating to legit good players is pretty high...MP fps has been boring as in its a meatgrinder on various games i've played for quite sometime...
>>
>what are mmos
>>
File: bored.jpg (22 KB, 684x453) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
22 KB, 684x453
>>333030092

>tfw hackers get to pick >80°
>tfw hackers can get rid of post processing
>tfw hackers can get rid of fog
>tfw hackers can hide weapon models

Fuck you Valve.

CSGO has been going down hill since they removed client side blood so people would stop bitching about how the hitreg is 1/3 guaranteed miss on their servers.
>>
cheats are for underaged faggots get a life
>>
>>333027061
Because its easily modified.
Also because there is a severe lack of mods to ban.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.