[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So tell me how is this game? I actually haven't played an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (20 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
20 KB, 460x215
So tell me how is this game? I actually haven't played an entry since 5. I've been a big fan of the series since the original. Should I check this out and the Revelations games?
>>
>>333026782
It's like a giraffe man getting a blow job.
>>
>>333026951
That sounds entertaining... so I take that as a yes.
>>
You just missed a good sale on RE6 and Revelations. RE4, 5, 6, and Revelations for 30 bucks. RE6 is really fun. Multiple campaigns to play and fairly smooth controls for a RE game. The voice acting is pretty bad though and the story is pretty convoluted.
>>
>>333026782
Just do it.
It's fun.

Also the mercs mode is dope.
Prepare for oldfags crying about muh survival horror.
>>
>>333027030
While I am more of a fan of survival horror I can accept changes in a series as long as it's done well and fun.

I don't get the huge deal. Would I like another classic styled game? Sure. But I can go back and play the older titles for that as well. Variety is nice.
>>
>>333027221
>>333026782
re6 is literally "we want CoD audience" - the game.
>>
This might be a dumb question but do you need PS+ to play campaign coop?
>>
>>333027715
No
>>
>>333027623
No, that's RE5.
>>
>>333027819
Cool thanks
>>
>>333026782
Mercs. and Jake/Sherry Campaign are the only good things about the game and it should've been about those two.
Chris and Leon's are shite, don't listen to what other people say.
The high-points of Leon's campaign is the Cathedral split-puzzles and Simmond's Family Funhouse Tomb (which is extremely outlandish)
Otherwise, I don't really recommend it.
Play it with a friend if you must. The best thing about that game is the combat and the movement scheme, it's just too bad the game itself was utter crap.

As for Revelations, people say it was great and a step in the right direction. I suppose it was, but the fact they went for episodes and chapters rather than playing it all in one go and then playing another character whenever was poor. I didn't really enjoy it besides all the sexy girls in diving suits.
They also messed up Jill's face but from behind and the side, she looks fine. They also gave her Rukia's (Bleach) English dub voice so take that as you will.
I beat Revelations 100% on the 3DS and then got it on PC, they added some new things.
Overall I didn't like it too much and don't agree that it's like the older games; if you want decent Resident Evil on a ship go play Dead Aim.

As for Revelations 2, I was playing it with a friend, though I've not beaten the game yet. They made a mysterious twist so far and I believe we were on the last chapter.
Usually for the first time, I'd play a game like that by myself but I think I made the right choice playing it with my m8 because I don't think I would've continued without them.
I really wasn't enjoying it too much and the framerate suffers on 360 at points. It's a massive departure from what the first Revelations was setting up.
In any case, I would say the newer REs don't stack up at all, even Revelations. I don't recommend paying more than $10/£10 for them (each) and if you can get them cheaper, go for it.
Play RE6 with a friend, turn off "QTEs" and play it on PC like I did.
>>
People will either tell you it's good fun or worse than Superman 64.
>>
>>333027934
No m8, it is 6. CAPCOM even said they wanted the CoD audience.
>>
>>333028023
>they wanted the CoD audience
Citation needed.

I only remember them saying that they want to expand the field of players. They had to make these changes to keep this series alive.

Survival horror died years ago.
>>
>>333028174
Just like in the recent CoDs, people get them for the Zombies.

RE6 allowed you to play Mercs. from the start without unlocking it.

Wider audience always means they want the CoD players and it's always been that way. Think about it, nigger.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.