[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying console games instead on PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: pcmr-1024x575.png (313 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
pcmr-1024x575.png
313 KB, 1024x575
>be me
>see discusting behavior of certain part of PC audience to console gamers
>fuckthem.jpg
>stopped buying games on PC
>haven't bought a PC game since release of MGSV
>pirate and play better versions of games on PC
>buy console version of all my games instead
>don't even have XO or PS4, only Vita and 3DS

Am I doing a right thing?
>>
>>333022858
Are you stupid? You are killing the better versions because you only buy the 10 fps medium settings mountain dew and doritos versions.
>>
>>333023335
So? I owe nothing to PC gamers. I won't support a platform that is behaving like a bunch of cunts to console gamers while spewing how PC has more mature audience.
>>
You're decision literally does nothing to curb that behavior.
>>
Biggest goy of the year award goes to you.
>>
>>333023551
wow anon you are so mature for standing up for console players
it's a good thing you're here to save everyone and show us how truly wise you are by not participating in a shitflinging console war wait a minute...
>>
>>333023659
That is true, I can agree with that 100% that it won't change anything. It is more of an gesture, I don't even think it will change anything.
>>
>>333022858
>be reddit
>do some pointless faggot shit
>post it on /v/

You could've saved us all a few seconds if you were just honest.
>>
>>333022858

>since mgsv

Wasn't that like less than a year ago? I've always been a PC player and the last game I bought on release was Bioshock "2deep4u" Infinite.
>>
>>333023763
>console war
Where? I only don't buy games o PC. I am not taking part in this platform war bullshit - that is for insecure faggots.
>>
>>333023824
So, then, why not be part of the superior user base, while, instead, exhibiting personality traits that you'd like to see the said PC user base use? "Be the change you wish to see in the world." or whatever ghandi said.
>>
This is one of the dumbest things i've read

you are sacrificing the reliability of a product to spite a strawman for self gratification with literally no benefit to yourself
>>
File: 1435431933266.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435431933266.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>333023936
>I only don't buy games o PC.
wut
>>
File: 1414467094188.png (4 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1414467094188.png
4 KB, 300x300
Both console and PC games suck right now. So it doesnt matter about pc master race or console master race. One has shitty AAA games and the other has shitty indie games.
>>
>>333024153
Spotted the mobile faggot.
>>
Wow, what an autistic wanna-be hipster retard
>>
>>333024185
To be fair to mobile games, they have higher production values than indie games
>>
>>333024030
he's just some autistic kid desperately trying to pander and fit in with "normies" aka consolefags
>>
>>333024224
Yeah I love candy crash soda saga too.
>>
>>333023907
>Come up with awesome troll post
>Remember i cant post it on Leddit because of the down boats
>Post it on 4chan
Named forums really are the worst, you hear me trip-fags. No-one fucking wants you.
>>
>>333022858
I don't even know where to begin. What do you care what a bunch of strangers do on the internet? How could you possibly let what they do affect what you do?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>333024153
Actually, they both have Indie trash now.

Recently got a free PS+ 3 month code, 2 months in, nothing but garbage.

Videogames have just gone to shit.
>>
>>333024023
While I can see and agree to your point, I also can't think a way how would I do that to change retards to normal people.
>>
>>333024316
This is exactly how feminists think too now that I think about it.
>>
>>333024286
We all enjoy more challenging games than those on mobile, but it still doesn't cover the fact that mobile trash is still being miles better than the best games on PC. everything else is console ports.
>>
File: RimWorld.jpg (34 KB, 400x558) Image search: [Google]
RimWorld.jpg
34 KB, 400x558
>>333024153
>he thinks indie means it will always be bad/low quality.
Must suck being so ignorant you miss out on some of the best games ever made.
>>
>>333024356
You can't. Just lead by example. Being the PC gamer you wish others to be is far more active than passively rejecting PC games. One sends a message that MIGHT be received. The other just sends a message that you play console games.
>>
>>333024356
>normal people arent retards

Yep, whated i say, an autistic kid trying to pander to casuals
>>
>>333024356
you don't
you ignore them and hope they don't reproduce and vote
>>
>>333024476
Indie just means the person behind it either has no budget, no experience, or both. This goes for rimworld.
>>
>>333022858
No because your still making shitty bait threads on /v/.
>>
>>333024356
Do you think normal people give a shit that some retard online said something mean about consoles?
>>
>>333024527
>no experience

He made that prison simulator

And didnt he basically put that entire game into rimworld and it doesnt even make up a tiny fraction of it?
>>
>>333023551
>I won't use the superior platform because they're a bunch of meanies!
It's self fulfilling, and unfolding right in front of everyone's eyes just how fucking pathetic, spineless, and retarded console users are.

>inb4 DURRRR NO GUD PC GAYMS
There is a catalog of thousands upon thousands of games to choose from. For anyone who says this, you're a complete and utter fucking vegetable. And I've seen it quite a few times. And don't say you've played all the good classics, because you haven't and all the years I've been on a PC, I still go back and find new, fun, challenging, and interesting games to play every time I dig a little. In reality, not liking any PC games is a mentally stunted person's excuse for not liking a platform for no good reason.

>NO GUD RECENT GAMES

There are shittons of recent releases that are much more interesting than the garbage being spewed out by Nintendo, Sony, or Micosoft now.

>>333024153
You're also a retard. You just choose not to play good games because your taste is shit.
>Dirt Rally
>Several Total Wars to choose from, a new one releasing soon
>Arma 3
>Wargame
>Grand Strat
Etc.

also
>discusting
Suitable for a third worlder to be a peasant I suppose. I'll stick to my superior games, for an intellectual people who prefer a challenge.

>but it still doesn't cover the fact that mobile trash is still being miles better than the best games on PC

Yes, Angry Birds is miles better than Homeworld, STALKER, FEAR, Descent/Freespace, Doom, Blood, C&C, and a thousand other titles I can waste my time naming off. Way to oust yourself as being a bigger fucking retard than OP.

>INB4 WAAAAHH MEANIE ELITIST
You started this thread because you wanted to start some shit because you're bored. Get fucking shit on.
>>
>wasting time replying to this cancer
>>
>>333024527
Thanks for confirming what i already know, you are talking out you're ass about things you know nothing about.

The guy that is making Rimworld has worked in the game industry. (He worked on Bioshock Infinite and even has a book on game design out)
>>
>>333024667
Whoops
>but it still doesn't cover the fact that mobile trash is still being miles better than the best games on PC

is meant for >>333024386
>>
Also, why make this a social thing to begin with? Why not just enjoy the games you enjoy on the platform you enjoy most? Are you so active in the community? Do you go to meetups? Do PC bullies beat up console players in the locker room?
>>
>>333024527
>Indie just means the person behind it either has no budget, no experience, or both.
wat
no it means the game was developed and published independently
>>
>>333024667
Neither of those games you listed are good. Once upon a time, we use to have better taste and this thing called preference for certain game types. The shit you just listed is not in my list of games to care for because it's part of the already stagnant list of genres present in the industry's lack of creative games. So you only proved how shittier the games have become.
>>
>>333024646
Yeah, Rimworld has ALOT going for it. That guys just a shit talking know-nothing know-it-all trying to make people believe his lies.
>>
File: 1403613662646.png (147 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1403613662646.png
147 KB, 500x375
>>333024750
>bioshock infinite
>caring about the game designer behind one of the shittiest games on release

look at this shill and laugh
>>
>>333024804
>I judge games not based on their individual merits but on what genre they belong to
>this somehow makes me a credible authority
>>
>>333024970
>denying the most basic driving force behind consumers of the industry

I can understand when you're desperate for a game, you'll play anything, but I come from a time of finer wine.
>>
>>333024847
>shill

Rimworld came out years ago.

Just kill yourself, you're terrible at shitposting.
>>
>>333024847
He wasn't a game designer, he worked on it. Meaning he was good enough at his job Bioshock on of the biggest AAA game companys picked him up.

But like most people that get into the game industry he found it very unrewarding and started working on his own ideas.

But really you're just shit posting at this point looking for reply's. So here have another >you
>>
>>333024804
>preference for certain game types

>stuff that only works with controllers with like 20 buttons

lol

most of the good console games now are multiplats anyway
>>
>>333024804
>None of those games you listed are good.
>Once upon a time, we use to have better taste and this thing called preference for certain game types.

Good job with your self defeating argument. I covered a few genres most people would be interested in, and named some more later in my post that are widely regarded as pretty good.

>The shit you just listed is not in my list of games to care for because it's part of the already stagnant list of genres present in the industry's lack of creative games.

Many of those games either improve on, create new mechanics, or polish existing mechanics very well. They were in no way stagnant at release, and still are not to varying degrees.

You just managed to further oust yourself as an even bigger retard with shittier taste.
>>
>>333025081
>>But like most people that get into the game industry he found it very unrewarding and started working on his own ideas.
So like the others faggots who left their AAA company jobs to fund their own indie studio or have their own kekstarter, they figured they could make it out on their own, except they're just as uncreative and bad as where they come from, so they might as well have stayed where they are?

Sounds true.
>>
>>333025134
You named mostly FPSes and war games, faggot. Your tastes are obvious, but they dont belong to me.
>>
File: Wulfrik.png (559 KB, 423x628) Image search: [Google]
Wulfrik.png
559 KB, 423x628
>>333025134
Can we just ignore this troll everyone and start a Total Warhammer thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuJIxEYYmgo

VAMPIRE COUNT'S INFORMATION IS OUT!
>>
>>333024767
No it doesn't otherwise Valve would be considered indie. Indie is a term coined to sound better than "amateur." Amateur's obviously have low budgets because they don't have the the work history to get a real budget.
>>
>>333025329
Valve was indie, you dipshit.

Not anymore though.
>>
>>333025410
They still independently publish their own garbage. They're not indie because they're not considered amateur.
>>
>>333025410
That's actually wrong. They still got a publisher to help fund their deal.
>>
>>333025329
indie: adjective
(of a pop group, record label, or film company) not belonging or affiliated to a major record or film company.

All it means is they have no one to answer to. So yes you idiot, Valve is indie and being indie doesn't not mean they are dirt poor.
>>
File: 1381122918308.jpg (53 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1381122918308.jpg
53 KB, 800x450
>>333025552
>pop group, record label, or film company
>video game company
>>
>>333025552
>no mention of video games
Yeah, that definition definitely belongs on /v/, you retard.
>>
>>333025197
Well, I told you that those games were not stagnant and you obviously have no retort for that because you haven't played them and don't know the mechanics so I'll just let that slide.

>Grand strat
>Dirt Rally
>FPS or Wargames
Choose neither. Grand Strat has war in it, but you can obtain much through diplomacy and politics.

Since you didn't name what your "tastes" are I'll guess you like puzzle or adventure games of the sort I could name more, but I named some games lots of people agree are good and I have a lot of knowledge of but you're just here to stir shit like a dumb fucking cunt and won't take recommendations because you chose with your narrow little mind to hate a platform based on its userbase.

>>333025241
I'm cautiously optimistic, Vampire Counts look pretty fun with their units and a few different mechanics. I wonder if Orcs get some sort of bonus tied to WAAAAGH. Hopefully it's not totally riddled with bugs on release.
>>
>>333025831
>these are the only genres that matter, I swear everyone plays them

That's what you sound like, little faggot.
>>
>>333025598
>>333025632
>film company
>cinematic games aren't a thing now
the denial is palpable
>>
>>333025947
The moment you tie film to video game, you already lost the argument.
>>
>>333025947
Indieshit and cinematic trash both catering to the lowest common denominator doesn't make them the same genre. It just makes them both trash.
>>
>>333025878
I didn't imply that you dense fucking cunt. I covered lots of genres encountered in many PC exclusives and why people like them and still yet, you still have no retort, so I guess you're not interested in strategy or racing, and you refuse to state what games you like. I guess you're only capable of selective reading and strawmanning.
>>
>>333026123
>covered lots of genres

If you covered lots of genres, your list wouldn't be so fucking small, you little faggot.
>>
>>333026165
Again, the selective reading. Here, let me point it out to you.

>lots of genres encountered in many PC exclusives

Too bad there isn't a bold to catch your attention you ADD riddled shit.

I supplied an argument that PC has lots of exclusives in these genres, and if RTS, FPS, racing, grand strat, RPG, puzzle, adventure, adventure point and click, action, action rpg, and on top of all that emulation, and every genre available on the planet for it, the same as consoles in larger numbers of individual games, then you're fucking braindead because you're still choosing the inferior platform over a non-issue. Little faggot.

Are those the only words you're capable of uttering you fucking underage? Console kiddies, everyone.
>>
>>333026557
>uses a generalized term to show the games he means to list except never listing them

Be gone, you little faggot.
>>
>>333026607
Way after you leave, child.

>generalized term
If PC doesn't have some sort of clone or isn't the origination of every genre on the planet, then I'm the queen of england because that's a lie.

>little faggot
Are you capable of conscious thought? Are you sentient? How does something with your IQ breathe? You're truly a mystery.
>>
File: file.png (129 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
file.png
129 KB, 300x309
>have PC
>platform is a complete afterthought for even western publishers
>Japanese don't care for anything besides pulling their HILARIOUS joke ports of ancient games while the consoles get brand new SUPER TURBO CHAMPIONSHIP EDITIONs with 8 GBs of carefully market researched stutters and heavily focus tested upskirt angles
>>
File: 1449160655988.jpg (97 KB, 1076x948) Image search: [Google]
1449160655988.jpg
97 KB, 1076x948
>>333023936
But you are behaving like an insecure faggot as described in OP. How can you not see that?
>>
>>333025241
Looks really fun, I'm optimistic but not forgetting the travesty that was ROME2.
>>
>>333026879
>Japanese don't care for anything besides pulling half assed fanpandering shit

ftfy
>>
File: 2015charts.jpg (127 KB, 805x853) Image search: [Google]
2015charts.jpg
127 KB, 805x853
you sure showed them op
>>
>>333025241
>literally 7000 proxy skellytons - the game
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.