[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If nintendo is so irrelevant then why do so many people beg them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
If nintendo is so irrelevant then why do so many people beg them to go third party?
>>
because they're all tsundere for Nintendo.
>>
>nintendo is irrelevant
I want this meme to end.
>>
Because then nintendo wouldn't make games that are crippled by hardware gimmicks anymore
>>
>>333013074

>offscreen play is a bad gimmick

WEW lad
>>
>>333012889
That Xbone casing looks great on Mario games.
>>
>>333012889
>beg them to go third party?
I have never seen anyone ask that, ever. I have never heard a person muse "Man, I wish I was playing Super Mario 3D World right now."
Or any Nintendo exclusive for that matter.
Nintendo isn't irrelevant, but their games aren't something you replay a dozen times for being 10/10 perfect.
Plus, fucking godawful hardware. All Nintendo fags want is a normal game console with normal controls built into all the games and all they do is continue in the opposite direction.
>>
>>333013074

D-Pad
Shoulder Buttons
Analog Sticks
Analog Shoulder Buttons
Motion Controls
Controller With a Screen

All gimmicks, all great
>>
I like Cheerios but I don't want to eat them out of a bowl made of shit.
>>
>>333012889
HOLY SHIT are these confirmed???
>>
>>333013497
Gimmicks imply they are dropped over time.
D-Pad was adopted over time into the Xbox model.
Shoulder buttons were adopted into all models, but dropped by Nintendo, save the B button under a Wiimote.
>Analog sticks
Also adopted in general.
>Analog Shoulder Buttons
true gimmick, good gimmick too.
>Motion Controls
Adopted generally and abandoned by anyone not Nintendo, awful gimmick.
>Screen Controller
This is a good idea and a good gimmick, currently.
>>
It's mainly irrelevant among normies
>>
>>333013497

Most of those things are industry standards and not gimmicks and the things that aren't are shit.
>>
>>333012889
They don't want to buy another console.
>>
>>333012889
There are people who want SEGA to go first-party again. Let that sink in.
>>
Because they have no games.
>>
>>333013783
>>Motion Controls
>Adopted generally and abandoned by anyone not Nintendo, awful gimmick.
t. limp-wristed faggot who has never used the pointer
>>
File: 1459464064516.png (191 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
1459464064516.png
191 KB, 419x398
>>333013608

Better analogy: "I like Cheerios, but it's impractical to purchase a bowl I can only use for Cheerios when I also eat many other cereals"
>>
>>333014060
Fag, I loved Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and company. Played them to death.
But motion controls are horrible.
>Xbone abandoned them
>PS4 abandoned them
>Nintendo is shying away from them with the Screen Controller
>>
>>333013783

VR is best played with motion controls.
>>
>>333014002

We are getting Ratchet and Yooka. We have plenty of platformers already
>>
>>333013497

A screen used on a controller is a portable game system. A screen used on a controller with a home console is a shitty gimmick.
>>
no one said irrelevant. but they sure have lost their way.
>>
>>333014190
Wrong, VR is best played with full-dive gear that reads your electrical impulses and translates them into game action, but that's not going to happen for a while.
>>333014225
>Wii U is getting Ratchet and Clank remake
What.
>>
>having allegiances to corporations
all games should be third party and there should only be one platform that is not defined by one particular corporation
>>
I think most of the people who want Nintendo to go third party are largely older Nintendo fans [current or lapsed] who don't want to buy multiple consoles anymore.

Outside of stuff like Zelda, I don't really think there would be a large clamoring for Nintendo stuff on other consoles. It would just be purchased by roughly [with some uptick, of course] the same people buying Nintendo games now after they migrate to a new system along with Nintendo.
>>
>>333012889
Why do people even care? All their new consoles are stupid gimmick shit, and their games are going downhill in quality. I'm not just being an anti-Nintendo fag, I own a WiiU and Xenoblade Chronicles X is easily my goty 2015, but everything else I own for it is shit.
>>
>>333014365
>Not understanding why competition is a good thing.
>>
>>333014365
this

One universal platform that is completely customizable based on what kind of performance you want, how much money you want to spend, and can also be used for other things besides gaming thus greatly increasing it's value.

if only there was such a platform.
>>
>>333014491

Does Zelda even make waves anymore?

And look at Mario 3D World. I hope this isn't the new stranded of Mario for years to come.
>>
>>333014730
There would be plenty of competition between operating systems, hardware, and game devs/publishers. What are you talking about nigger
>>
>>333014730
That's why I said one platform not defined by one company.

You just get "a gaming console" that plays all games, but it can be from any company. Or you can build it yourself.
>>
>>333013783

>Motion Controls
>awful

When used like the Wii Remote, yeah, but motion controls are not inherently bad. Motion controls on a controller to fine-tune aiming in a shooter is god-tier for a controller. Uncharted on Vita had that too, and I think Gravity Rush and some PS4 games have it as an option. It's the best way to aim in console shooters.
>>
>>333014587

What do you own for it? I honestly cannot believe that someone would actually call Tropical Freeze shit.
>>
>>333015115

so PC.
>>
>>333014892
Having only one platform means that the company making said platform could do whatever the fuck they want and sell you their system at a ridiculous price because they'd have no console competing against them. Is that so hard to understand you faggot?
>>
>>333015207
yep
>>
>>333015115
So you basically want a PC that can only play games. Got it.
>>
I don't want Nintendo going 3rd party, as flawed as they are, they are still the only company willing to do things differently.
I would much prefer to see either PlayStation or Xbox leaving the market as they have almost an identical perspective of the video game industry.
>>
>>333015365
I never said it could only play games. It can do whatever you want.

I was hinting at PC, you got my reference good job.
>>
>>333015241
Can you fucking read you fucking idiot.

One platform, NOT DEFINED BY ANY COMPANY. AKA any company can sell you the hardware, and it can play any games you want. AKA PC GAMING
>>
>>333013915
>industry standards
who do you think made those things "industry standards" dumb fuck...
>>
File: 1457685366204.jpg (74 KB, 1023x574) Image search: [Google]
1457685366204.jpg
74 KB, 1023x574
>>333013134
it is when it hinders the game in anyway. fucking pokken becomes 30fps locally because someone must use the gamepad for multiplayer. the work around is two have 2 wii u for lan. thats fucking retarded
>>
>>333012889
Because they have interesting exclusives, buying a platform just to play mario or zelda is stupid, if they went third party, we could have a console with interesting nintendo exclusives and other games that would not dare getting near a nintendo console.
>>
>>333012889
"If I own an electronic video game playing box with the Nintendo logo on it, my dick will shrink!"

>>333015241
More than just the hardware, software licensing fees for third-party publishers would be set at crazy high asking prices due to there not existing an alternative to price competitively against. The result: $90 games. Or every publisher flocks to mobile and PC.
>>
>>333015596

The customers who were willing to keep buying them.
>>
>>333015618
Most retarded post of the day
>>
>>333015996
What in his post was retarded. You sound like an Nintengaf faggot right deflecting all critisiscm that nintendo can do no wrong
>>
>>333016305
You do realise pokken has a 3rd person perspective?
You do realise that the only way to make it playable for 2 players would be to have splitscreen in tv or seperate screen altogether such as the gamepad/tv?
>>
>>333013783

>shoulder buttons
>dropped by Nintendo

what
>>
>>333015579

>market becomes PC only
>think you'll get all the games
>you don't
>Call of Duty 153, now only on Windows 15 (won't work with any ither OS, even old Windows OSes)
>Battlefield 8, now best on AMD hardware (get half framerate on anything not AMD)
>Windows 15 doesn't support any games older than two years because it completely lacks the coding framework for anything but the latest DirectX
>Linux still has zero support
>OpenGL also has next to no support
>>
3D World is a horrible game, if it ever goes third party I hope Sonyponies have the good sense not to play it.

Treasure Tracker is great though.
>>
File: 007_1437139170.jpg (758 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
007_1437139170.jpg
758 KB, 1920x1080
>>333016539
what about those dumb naruto storm games? no splitscreen there and its the same kind of perspective as pokken
>>
>>333012889
3d world is not something anyone would want other than for a party.
it is way too easy, as in you can finish without dying once on most levels. the 3 green stars are more about finding obscured areas than doing challenging platforming.
>>
>>333012889
Because people want Halo X Metroid. Microsoft knows it, Nintendo knows it. We need Halo X Metroid NOW!>:O
>>
>>333012889
Just to see Nintendo hardcore fans commit suddoku
>>
I bought a wii u and finished 3d world in a day then got a refund on the wii u. It was nice to get the game out of my system but it was pretty mediocre if I'm honest.
>>
>>333016824
Pokken has more directional inputs and more mechanics in general than your average Naruto game. Playing it the way Naruto handles local multiplayer would be downright retarded.
>>
>>333013783
>Gimmicks imply they are dropped over time.

No it doesn't, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>333017681
Lol no it does. Its the same if not less.
>>
>>333018878
Nice to know that you haven't played it.
>>
>>333012889
I don't know why anyone would want 3D World on their console, the game was mediocre at best. It's polished and well made but it's creatively bankrupt.
>>
>PS4 case is white

Triggered
>>
>>333012889
It would 1) allow you to purchase the 2-3 actually good Nintendo games released each generation on a platform you already own, and 2) it would allow Nintendo to focus their resources on those 2-3 games instead of tens of mediocre to bad games that exist only to pad out their platform's release schedule.
>>
because 1-2 games isnt worth buying a console for, even more so when you just fucking abandon it.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.