[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they trying to make another FFVII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: coffxv.png (376 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
coffxv.png
376 KB, 640x800
Are they trying to make another FFVII?
>>
Yes actually, FFVII got rid of the old fans of the series just like FFXV is doing.

But it'll sell a lot because nonFF fans will love it.
>>
That image makes absolutely none sense.
>>
File: the legend.png (85 KB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
the legend.png
85 KB, 640x344
A few years ago the CEO of Square-Enix said that they wouldn't remake Final Fantasy VII until they made a game they felt surpassed it.

Based on the timing on VII-R and the way they're treating XV's expanded universe, its clear they feel they've achieved it.
>>
>SE stated they won't remake FFVII until they create an FF on par with it
>XV's tagline is "The legend meets it's match"
>>
>>333010639
They tried doing that with XIII and failed miserably.

>>333011575
That's going to be hard to pull off without 90s kiddie nostalgia.

>>333015525
What if the reality is no match for the legend?
>>
>>333010639
>Kingsglaive = Advent Children

So it's confirmed covulted nonsense that will take a rancid dump on the original source material? Guess now at least I know not to get hyped.
>>
>>333010639
Aren't they always trying to make another 7?
>>
IMO FF 7's huge success was a fluke due to its timeliness. Aside from the characters and plot, the entire game was incredibly mediocre even though I loved the art style
>>
>>333013106
idiot
>>
>>333010639
They're still missing Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis and Crisis Core. Nothing of value really, at least not to the player.
>>
>>333010639
what is this pick trying to point out?
>>
>>333018408
Every FF has incredibly mediocre gameplay. The only exceptions are 2 and 8, which are both so stupidly broken it's hilarious.
>>
Did the motherfuckers make Luna even uglier?
>>
>>333018451
The characters were almost cool enough to save Crisis Core

>>333018582
I didn't mean just the gameplay. The overworld, enemy designs, and minigames were all shit. Even FF8 did better in those respects
>>
>>333018789
>The characters were almost cool enough to save Crisis Core

If you think deviantart OC donutsteels are "almost cool" then sure.

>The overworld, enemy designs, and minigames were all shit. Even FF8 did better in those respects

I'll give you the minigame but the overworld was the same shit and I would argue 7 had better enemy designs.
>>
>>333018915
Zackbro and Cessnei were great, but I do admit that I unironically enjoyed Angeal, Genesis, and pre-insanity Sephiroth. I've always had a thing for edgy characters, can't be helped
>>
>>333019146
I thought Sephiroth was done pretty well here actually. Fuck Genesis though. And Angeal barely had any presence.
>>
>>333019252
I love Angeal, despite not really agreeing with his whole "protect your honor" biz. I'd have jizzed in my pants immediately if the narrator of the FF7R E3 trailer had been narrated by him
>>
>>333019410
I'm retarded, that spoiler is fucked
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.