[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If YOU were thrown into Silent Hill, what would it look like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: sh-townlarge_1491.jpg (72 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
sh-townlarge_1491.jpg
72 KB, 350x263
If YOU were thrown into Silent Hill, what would it look like unless you have a great life?
>>
Like /v/ as it is right now.
>>
It would look just like real life...
>>
Pretty much James, a lot of my demons are sexuality based and also insecurities
>>
Lets say you had a REALLY fucked up life.
Wouldn't it be reversed?
>>
>>333006831
I dunno. I'm a borderline alcoholic, have OCD, and have a crippling fear of losing the people I love. It probably wouldn't be very nice.
>>
>>333006831
I would probably get permanently get trapped in the toon.
>>
well what are the exact rules for how it manifests? I played sh2 and honestly don't remember much. Assuming we are talking about it manifesting like that.
>>
I am a fat loser that has no friends and barely survives on minimum wage. You tell me.
>>
>>333006831
It would be completely empty.

Maddeningly so.

Because I feel alone.
>>
File: Silent Hill 2 shot 25.jpg (64 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill 2 shot 25.jpg
64 KB, 640x383
>>333007902
No.
>>
>>333008060
Based on sin and psychological state evidently.

Laura is totally innocent so what she presumably sees is a normal town with normal people (the monsters you kill).
>>
>>333008060
Imagine the bad things in your life as physical manifestations trying to kill you and make your life a living hell forever
>>
>>333008060
If we're going off of Silent Hill 2 rules or any non-Order related rules it should be that anyone who has something to be really guilty about sees manifestations of their guilt in a form of monsters or seeing their environment reflecting their psyche. (i.e. a drunkard would find beer bottles laying everywhere and might find monsters that stumble and attack with broken glass bottles)
The more guilty a person is, the more intense the world is.
>>
>>333008523
no one is totally innocent.
>>
Literal shitposts and interracial couples everywhere
>>
Probably completely void of any living things and something like a giant funhouse. Things like hallways with the same room on both ends, buildings with too many floors for how big it looks, and streets swapping names everytime I looked away.
>>
File: 1414595671217.jpg (16 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1414595671217.jpg
16 KB, 285x279
>>333008587
That's her character tho. She's just a kid who doesnt know about the evils of the world, so the town doesn't have any effect on her.
>>
My version would probably a burning factory inferno with distorted versions of people who had beaten me up.

Also, since i am became a selfish fuck because i was forced share stuff when i was kid, i would probably be forced into a no-weapon run.
>>
A city full of people that just point and laugh at you but vanish the moment you hit them but the laughter continues and they just keep appearing anywhere you go.
Kind of like Welcome to N.H.K.
>>
>>333008572
What is Angela quilty of? Her "world" seems absolute hell judging from >>333008231
>>
>>333008839
She killed her father and brother who abused her
>>
It'd be a flat void of loneliness.

You win the game by running in one direction for 10 hours.
>>
>>333008587
She doesn't think of anything she's done as being good or evil so the town has nothing to pry from her
>>
>>333008924
That's just not very fair, is it. She was the victim but still suffers more
>>
>>333006831
>unless you have a great life

Full of shallow images of whatever the person pretends makes them happy? You couldn't have worded that a bit better?
>>
File: 1397015931673.jpg (189 KB, 1024x1249) Image search: [Google]
1397015931673.jpg
189 KB, 1024x1249
>>333006831
Would you rather go to SIlent Hill or Detroit?
>>
It'd be full of snow and darkness sans the flickering streetlamps, oh and millipede monsters
>>
File: 1430509921481.jpg (8 KB, 270x306) Image search: [Google]
1430509921481.jpg
8 KB, 270x306
>>333009207
At least in Silent Hill I won't get arrested for killing monsters
>>
File: 1430449398688.png (32 KB, 591x275) Image search: [Google]
1430449398688.png
32 KB, 591x275
>>
>>333009207
>would you rather go to a living hell full of never ending pain and agony with no choice of escape or silent hill
>>
>>333006831
a town full of dicks, dicks related bulding and monsters shaped like diferent types of dicks and there will be sings everyone saying "you can fool everyone but you cant fool yourself"
>>
Probably something to do with hedonism and sexuality. And sloth. I'd also be plagued with constant choices each of which had horrible effects.
>>
>>333009589
it's not gay until balls touch, anon
>>
>>333009589
What are you in the closet or something, loser?
>>
>>333009563
this is a good post i read it before the other one i liked it you are my nigga
>>
full of spiders massive bodies of water full of spider monsters and pain pills everywhere
>>
File: Ready at Dawn developer.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Ready at Dawn developer.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>333007670
>>
>>333008005
>trapped in the toon

Nigga, your Silent Hill would be Cool World or what?
>>
>>333006831
Are we assuming the town manifests your inner demons or stuff that you're guilty of specifically?
I can't think of anything I'm guilty of significant enough for Silent Hill, but if going off of inner demons, which I suppose is the format The Order's god follows considering Heather and Alessa:
My Otherworld would be tedious and bland. Featureless, grey sheets covering every room, growing more and more organic as you go on. Your feet would sink into the floor making walking slow and laborious. It'd be inhabited by hopeless, sluggish creatures that try to grab and pull you down, possibly attempting to drown you in the floor. Everything would be a struggle against gravity, rooms would be warped so that climbing is the only way to traverse them, puzzles would involve drawing blood and dragging heavy objects. It'd be mazelike and confusing. At regular intervals there would be pitfalls and blockages forcing you underground. In particularly messed up environments, there would be eyeless creatures growing out of the walls that turn their heads and bodies to follow you wherever you are in the room. The foggy world would mostly direct you towards abandoned urban centers, backrooms, service areas and passageways. Would likely end in a mineshaft.
>>
>>333013392
More like what i was was like yesterday
"I WANT TO BE ANTHONY BURCH:
>>
>>333007902
It would be even worse, faggot.
>>
>>333009000
It's more about the guilt she feels and her tormented psyche, rather than karmatic justice.
Remember, the twon's a demon, not a judge.
>>
>>333008523
>Based on sin and psychological state evidently.

Silent Hill is not about that.

>Laura is totally innocent so what she presumably sees is a normal town with normal people (the monsters you kill).

Laura was spawned by Silent Hill, she existed just to fool James.
>>
>>333006831
>what would it look like unless you have a great life?

This is a meme thanks to 2. It only reflected the psyche of James. The series town was never supposed to be that way. 1, 3 and 4 it isn't like that.

The western developers turned that shit into a meme. Or maybe it was those who were confused by the symbolism of the series.
>>
>>333008231
What was the symbolism behind this?
>>
>>333008646
>Literal shitposts and interracial couples everywhere

Explain?

So you are saying IR couples upset you greatly?
>>
>>333013910
The end of the game (For lack of anything better to call it) would be a one-shot fight against a creature wearing Cultist garb, with a tumorous, twitching head and one large, deformed club-like limb it drags behind itself. When it attacks you, it attempts to cripple, deafen and blind you in order, and the mistakes you make during the fight determine the ending, probably even going so far as overwriting the current save at the end of it. Failing leaves you crippled and blind at the bottom of a mineshaft.

>>333015263
It reflects the psyche of the Eddie and Angela as well.
>>
>>333015250
>Laura was spawned by Silent Hill, she existed just to fool James.

Proof?
>>
>>333008526
>your past employers and a ton of smug bitches that rejected you try to kill you across a ghost town
Truly a terrifying prospect.
>>
>>333006831
>tfw you used to be one of those edgy kids who would post in GFAQs boards about how Silent Hill would look normal for me because I'm too indifferent to really feel guilty about anything
Or otherwise I just don't have anything to feel guilty about.
>>
>>333006831
>Entirely empty of other human life
>Enemies are sexually based to signify lack of sexual satisfaction
>Every possibility of meeting another person is a lie or simply a facade
>Otherworld is populated with enemies that resemble lost loved once who ask why I have dissapointed them.
>>
If I feel kinda bad about not really being attracted to anyone, will my Bubble Nurses be unable to see me, or will they be invisible to me?
>>
File: 1457026773861.png (146 KB, 271x333) Image search: [Google]
1457026773861.png
146 KB, 271x333
It would completely devoid of life, and I would be absolutely alone until I was driven mad by the solitude.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.