[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When history looks back and reflects on past consoles what will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1396808382769.jpg (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1396808382769.jpg
110 KB, 500x500
When history looks back and reflects on past consoles what will they say about the Wii U?
>>
Probabbly akin to the Dreamcast.

Fun for the people who were a fan of the brand, but not successful. May gain a cult following WAY in the future as some games could be unique to the two screen gameplay.
>>
>>333005096
At least Pokken and Splatoon are two successful franchises started on the Wii U

only wonder is what system they end up on next
>>
File: pkn.png (1009 KB, 863x738) Image search: [Google]
pkn.png
1009 KB, 863x738
>>333006427
>pokken
>successful
oops lol
>>
>>333007752
>Japan
>Playing vidya

Japan's a country of GURL GAMERZ and plays nothing but cell phone games.
>>
>>333007938
>Japan's a country of GURL GAMERZ and plays nothing but cell phone games.
[citation needed]
>>
>>333007752
people are playing it at home on consoles now you dolt
>>
>>333005620
the dreamcast was beautiful if nothing else
the wiiu is some sort of magic dust collecting artifact
>>
>>333008364
Nobody is playing Pokken, not in arcades, not on consoles.
>>
I'm gonna personally remember it as a machine that came closer than any other to letting me hold a goddamn Camera Obscura in my hands. Well, there's also the 3DS and Spirit Camera but eh...
>>
>>333008665
thanks for reminding me pokemon snap u doesn't exist, fag
never again
>>
Say what you will about the Wii U.

In a few decades the collectors will be all over it.
>>
>>333008840

I'm sorry, anon. There really is no reason for that to not exist.
>>
A quality console that died before it's time due to bad marketing. Basically the way people see the dreamcast, but in this case it'd be accurate.
>>
>>333008840
>>333009063
Maybe you two should have bought more copies so it would get a sequel.
>>
>>333005096
>No dungons & dragons like game where the guy with the gamepad designs small dungeons while the other players (who play on their 3DS or on the TV) choose a class and try to finish the pocket level while the dungeon masters install traps

This is bullshit, wasted potential. Still, art academy is kind of fun to learn some stuff to draw.
>>
I need to get my gamepad fixed before I lose the opportunity to do so.
>>
>>333009183

But I fucking did! I have 3 copies Pokemon Snap!
>>
Nintendo's biggest mainstream console flop.
Had a handful of good games, but wasn't really a console worth owning. It's own design fucked it over.

People will mis-attribute it's failure towards it's underpowered hardware which is only one factor in why the WiiU failed.

The main reasons it failed was.

>Nintendo didn't know how to use the controller beyond Nintendoland, so it became just a giant uncomfortable controller.
>The Wii U controller is worse than a $50 Android tablet.
>too many different controllers needed for the console multiplayer, you need wii motes, nunchucks, classic controllers etc all for different games.
>The Wii U operating system is a slow piece of shit.
>didn't try to appeal to casual gamers with a killer app like Wii Sports.
>At the same time didn't commit too core gamers.
>Nintendo games on the console were basically .5 sequels, often having less content and features than previous titles.
>Too underpowered for cross ports of One/PS4 titles.
>Still no unified account system.

The WiiU is the only Nintendo console I don't own. It's a piece of crap and Nintendo had no clue on what to do with it.
>>
All its shortcomings will be ignored because Iwata died so they will just say it was his legacy and had some "good" games (just tropical freeze and W101. Maybe SF0 but that remains to be seen)
>>
>>333008364
>360k sold on consoles
LMAO
>>
>>333009832

I know how this is going to come off, but it's 100% more worth owning than a Bone or a PS4 currently and I'm not even factoring in the fact that I own a PC.
>>
>>333005096
They will remark how can Nintendo screw up so badly after releasing the Wii.
>>
File: file.png (129 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
file.png
129 KB, 300x309
>>333005096
Same thing for every Nintendo console since the N64. Unpopular at release, no one wanted it, and remembered fondly when it's out dated. Despite being made fun of constantly, and there being a heavy bias towards Sony and MS, most gaming publications admit that Nintendo games/Nintendo exclusive games are among the better ones released for said generation. People will wonder why the console failed, realizing its potential.

Shit, looking back, Nintendo's absurd relevance and power in the console market was far shorter than their laughing stock days. It's almost like yesterday when I remembered Nintendo being the undisputed king of the ENTIRE video game market.
>>
>>333007752
It was the opposite. You could play Pokken at arcades for hours on one quarter if you were good, so the machines weren't making a profit compared to the other games.
>>
>>333009072
>A quality console

It's an underpowered piece of hardware with a shit controller, a library of mediocre games, and is being killed prematurely due to how bad it was. In Dreamcast's cast, it was a good console that only died early due to Sega on the verge of dying.

"Quality console". How absurd. It'll be used as an example of what not to do.
>>
>>333011675
retard to the core
>>
>>333009072
No, the Wii U has barely any decent titles, I couldn't even really name 10 must haves on the console.

The Dreamcast on the other hand had an amazing library and was sadly killed by Segas other business decisions.
>>
>>333011867

It's being killed because it doesn't have CodBlops and they couldn't get Zelda out in time to push units.

>>333011880
I can't name even ONE must have on the bone or PS4 but I guess that's objective. Every good game on the dreamcast got released somewhere else. Dreamcast is redundant, get over it.
>>
>>333012629
>but I guess that's objective.
shows, what you know, their a diamond dozen
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.