[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is your ideal LOTR vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: fire vagina.jpg (122 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
fire vagina.jpg
122 KB, 620x387
what is your ideal LOTR vidya?
>>
>>332995539

I liked War in the North, although I wish there were more combat mechanics and enemy variety
>>
Valinor being the true ending, allowing for an open-world, post-ending experience.
>>
File: 1440354149000.jpg (507 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1440354149000.jpg
507 KB, 1200x939
Dive into the Appendices, there's so much in there that you can make MANY games without ever touching the actual events of LOTR.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 256x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 256x316
>>332995539
>>
Skyrim
>>
File: mortal fuckin shits.jpg (308 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
mortal fuckin shits.jpg
308 KB, 680x798
>amazing melee combat
>amazing OST, obviously heavily borrowed from films if possible
>set in lord of the rings universe
>rpg

literally all you need
>>
File: not a very good game.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
not a very good game.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
>>332996719
this

any rpg set in the lord of the rings universe that STAYS FAITHFUL to the material and makes at least a semblance of an effort to recapture the same feeling as the source material is almost guaranteed to be at minimum decent

unlike pic related, which is a shit lotr game
>>
shadow of mordor, but lean more into the whole killing orc leaders and replacing them with ones loyal to you thing and less into the 'we stole a lot of our ideas from assassins creed' thing.

Also, let me set-up my own base in mordor where I can build and army, from shitty little outpost to full on barad dur like citadel.
>>
>>332995539
I just want an open world game in which I can walk around and explore middle-earth. LotRO is the closest thing we have to this that I know of. And the lore in it is actually not bad as far as games based on the Tolkien license, but unfortunately in terms of actual gameplay it's a horrible F2P nightmare.
>>
>>332995539
Something that keeps all the:
>"Muh lore" Roleplayers,
>"Mai Immershun so comfy!" faggots,
>"ew tits and ass so problematic x(" SJWs,
>"Omg so cinematic! So epic! Such graphics! I love pressing X to take control away from my character and perform an animation showing how awesome I am" non-gamers,
>"He disrespected the admins and said 'nigger' ban his toxic attitude from the server" no-fun-alloweds
away from other video games.

Basically, pander as hard as you can to the Twitch.tv , Facebook , iPhone , reddit , 20somethinghipsternumale crowd.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.