[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a neglected genre for me has been point n click adventure games,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: jones.jpg (32 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
jones.jpg
32 KB, 450x338
a neglected genre for me has been point n click adventure games, if i want to get into the genre, where should i start?
>>
I liked Simon the Sorcerer, shame the series went to shit with StS 3D
>>
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island series (original ones, not the remakes)
Police Quest
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
>>
>>332990512
in that order?
>>
>>332990907

Yes

If you can make it through Police Quest, then IHNMAIMS will be relatively easy.

Also check out 7th Guest and Scratches if you want some horror ones.
>>
Snatcher
>>
File: ft2.jpg.jpg (33 KB, 637x474) Image search: [Google]
ft2.jpg.jpg
33 KB, 637x474
Full Throttle is pretty good and accessible so you should probably start there.
You you definitely try Day of the Tentacle, monkey Island 1-3, Sam&Max Hit the Road and Grim Fandango after that.
>>
>>332991090
doesn't this have a blade runner vibe? i think iv heard of it..
>>
>>332991032
>>332991156
im thinkin about startin with "Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis" (op pic) just cause it seems older than the others.

good idea?

id prefer to start with something early, short and easy..
>>
Legend of Kyrandia
Sam n Max: Hit the Road
Curse of Enchantia
The Dig
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Teen Agent
Gabriel Knight series, the first specifically

And the rest people recommend here (but i emphasize Monkey Island too)
>>
>>332991318

>id prefer to start with something early, short and easy..

Then why are you playing adventure games? The only way they're short and easy is if you're reading a guide, at which point you've negated the point of the games.

And if you want true old stuff, go play King's Quest.
>>
>>332991474
i just meant in comparison to other adventure games

start with the accessible ones then progress for the smoothest experience..
>>
If you want something short and easy, try the Telltale Sam + Max games (start with maybe season 2 or 3) - they're self-contained, about 3-5 hours each, and they aren't all that difficult.
>>
>>332991318
Any early Lucasarts title will be fine.
>>
>>332991753
Except Maniac Mansion.
Do not start with Maniac Mansion.
>>
>>332990245
The only modern takes on it I can think of are the Zero Escape games and Telltale games. It's kinda point and clicky. Also Puttputt saves the zoo.
>>
>>332991318
It was one of my first PC games, I loved it. Though I was pretty young at the time, so my parents had to help me solve some puzzles

I'd definitely play one with a voice track, as it is. The text-only ones are probably a bit older than you care to stand
>>
>>332992132
The Whispered World, the Book of Unwritten Tales and the Deponia series aren't bad, but I think they tried too hard too emulate the Lucasarts games from the 90's. They'd be good starters if some puzzles weren't completely obnoxious.
>>
>>332990245
The only point & click I've played all the way through is Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father. Was a lot of fun. Tim Curry doing a Cajun accent is some of the funniest shit ever.

Hate how many 'DO THIS VERY SPECIFIC THING OR DIE' situations there are in adventure games though.
>>
>>332990245
Quest for Glory VGA
>>
Life is Strange
Until Dawn
Layers of Fear
Gone Home
>>
kings quest vi
>>
>>332991318
As someone who played many Lucasarts titles back in the day, Fate of the Atlantis is perhaps one of their best game. Its story was specifically written, so it isn't a movie tie-in or anything of the sort. The puzzles make sense most of the time [but can be difficult], and the setting is really cool, especially if you like Indiana Jones in general.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.